PDA

View Full Version : Backups on defense had to step up and did

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Worilds was making plays today in his first big action this year. He nearly had 2 sacks earlier and came up with the big play against Henne to knock the ball out. He's showing flashes of what we hoped he could do when called upon and I like how he stepped up today.

Scott, Foster stepped up to help out when Legursky and Flozell went down. They had some issues here and there but they did their job on that final drive.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Worilds was great! Its the rest of the D that is suspect on passing downs

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2010, 04:19 PM
We were down to 4 healthy bodies available to play for most of the game, they were sucking wind by the end but somehow managed to atleast held their own in the end.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-24-2010, 04:22 PM
J Worilds earned some more playing time and he should get it next week, The Rats and Bills are tied 34 all with 4 seconds left, Mc Clendon should get some time next week

nuclearchihuahuas
10-24-2010, 04:29 PM
J Worilds earned some more playing time and he should get it next week, The Rats and Bills are tied 34 all with 4 seconds left, Mc Clendon should get some time next week

Definitely! we need McCLendon next week!

JensK
10-24-2010, 04:31 PM
I can't wait to see more with Worilds. Still not 100% sold on him, but he sure is fast! Ziggy made one pretty decent play, but was gone otherwise.

LatrobePA
10-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Worlids was money...the secondary wasn't!

Troyisabeast_43
10-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Gonna need every healthy body on defense possible next week playing a pretty pissed off Saints team in New Orleans who just got their asses handed to them in the Superdome by the Stains...Not having guys like Woodley and Smith on defense in that game could be a huge huge problem against a guy like Brees....

steelersbabex25
10-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah Worilds did really well..can't say the same for the rest of the defense.

coldrolled
10-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah Worilds did really well..can't say the same for the rest of the defense.

last year rooney said the coaches need to get the young players on the field faster...

well its time... butler, sly, woirlds, gibson..... time to roll forward.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Gonna need every healthy body on defense possible next week playing a pretty pissed off Saints team in New Orleans who just got their asses handed to them in the Superdome by the Stains...Not having guys like Woodley and Smith on defense in that game could be a huge huge problem against a guy like Brees....

Woodley said he'll be fine and back next week.

We will need every able body though that's for sure; Smith occupies his guy and is big for stopping the run. His absence affects the pass rush though too. It's a monster size loss to say the least.

I heard some commentators saying that Worilds didn't really play that well. Considering that was his first real action for the season for more than just spot duty I think he did pretty well.