PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Smith, Flozell Adams, Lamarr Woodley key injuries

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Smith left with a left arm/elbow injury. He had it iced down and did not return. Flozell left with an ankle/foot injury and did not return.

Legursky left for a couple quarters but did return. We have got to get healthy on the DL this week!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Tomlin just said it looks like Smith has a torn bicep. If that holds up he'll be done for the year. That is NOT good news ladies and gentlemen.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Smith is the biggest concern! I will be looking for his prognosis

--- Added 10/24/2010 at 03:19 PM ---

Tomlin just said it looks like Smith has a torn bicep. If that holds up he'll be done for the year. That is NOT good news ladies and gentlemen.

not what I wanted to hear

mwittman5
10-24-2010, 05:29 PM
i was impressed with Worilds. he came in and got good rush on the QB

nuclearchihuahuas
10-24-2010, 05:31 PM
It looked like Hines got banged up too...any word on him?

JensK
10-24-2010, 05:34 PM
It looked like Hines got banged up too...any word on him?

I think he was just a little banged up. He took a couple of shots to the legs, which probably hurt like hell, but I don't think he got any actual injuries.

LatrobePA
10-24-2010, 05:38 PM
So does this mean our 09 D will be back w/ out Smith???

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Just got text Snith does have torn tricep....ruins a great win !

Big T
10-24-2010, 05:42 PM
It'll be easier to run on us... F*ck

JensK
10-24-2010, 05:44 PM
It'll be easier to run on us... F*ck

Don't worry... We drafted Evander Hood! No really, this is his time to shiny. This is his second year, and he have been seeing the field plenty both this year and last year to be able to play like a first round pick, even in LeBeaus system.

Troyisabeast_43
10-24-2010, 05:46 PM
That ****ing blows not what the Steelers wanted to hear...Hopefully it's not that I will wait for official conformation...Time for sack of **** Ziggy to step up his game now...It's now or never for him...

--- Added 10/24/2010 at 03:46 PM ---

Smith is becoming very injury prone and if he is out for the season it will be the 3rd time in 4 years he has suffered a season ending injury in mid-season....Gotta wonder how much longer he is going to hold up because getting hurt 3 times in 4 years is not a good sign...

Steel Trap86
10-24-2010, 05:49 PM
If Smith is done then so is our superbowl chances

mwittman5
10-24-2010, 05:49 PM
this may be it for smith. hes getting old and another rehab must be frustrating. if it is then thanks for all you gave to the steelers smith, one of the best 3-4 ends ever :cope:

HUNT4SEVEN
10-24-2010, 05:50 PM
That ****ing blows not what the Steelers wanted to hear...Hopefully it's not that I will wait for official conformation...Time for sack of **** Ziggy to step up his game now...It's now or never for him...

Smith is becoming very injury prone and if he is out for the season it will be the 3rd time in 4 years he has suffered a season ending injury in mid-season....Gotta wonder how much longer he is going to hold up because getting hurt 3 times in 4 years is not a good sign...

yea we need some young blood in the line up this means Mc Clendon will get signed because it looks like Aaron is done for the year again, i like the way Mc Clendon plays and i like the way J.Worilds plays also i hope these young cats see some playing time next week, the Bills just got cheated out of the game against the rats...

super cleats
10-24-2010, 05:51 PM
So does this mean our 09 D will be back w/ out Smith???

it was already back after game 2.

dunfbe
10-24-2010, 05:54 PM

When is Keisel expected back?

K Train
10-24-2010, 05:55 PM
damn his bicep must be in rough shape....hood played yet another terrible game....really looking forward to seeing th d get gashed in the run game in the upcoming weeks

Troyisabeast_43
10-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Didnt Jason Worilds play some defensive end at VT?? If so I would much rather prefer using him at D end over a guy like Ziggy Hood who is not nearly as effective...

igor0190
10-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Triceps

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Steelers DE Aaron Smith may be done for the year with a torn tricep muscle.

Smith tore his right rotator cuff in October of 2009 and his bicep muscle in December of 2007, so at least this isn't related. He's still unlikely to play again this season. Smith, 34, produced just 12 tackles and no sacks in Pittsburgh's first five games, but the undeservedly unheralded defender was playing the run very well. LE Brett Keisel is also out indefinitely, so the Steelers will need backups Ziggy Hood and Nick Eason to step up in a major way. Their run defense ranking threatens to fall off by quite a bit.

steelersbabex25
10-24-2010, 06:17 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b92e5a/article/steelers-fear-de-smith-lost-for-year-with-triceps-injury

MIAMI -- The Pittsburgh Steelers are bracing for defensive end Aaron Smith being out for the remainder of the season, a league source said after Sunday's game against the Dolphins.

The team fears Smith has a torn triceps, and he will undergo further tests Monday. However, the Steelers are operating under the assumption that Smith will be out for the season, according to the source.

Smith played in the Steelers' first five games in 2009 before sustaining a torn rotator cuff against the Detroit Lions. The Steelers placed him on injured reserve following that game, ending his season.

Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) and tackle Flozell Adams (ankle), who also were injured in the 23-22 victory over the Dolphins, aren't out long-term. Woodley said he'll "definitely" be back next week. Adams also could return by then.

All I can say is :rant2::cursin::banging:

steelersbabex25
10-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Oops..I just started an Aaron Smith thread..didn't see this one.

After Aaron Smith left the game, that's when the Dolphins started picking up all their rush yards and getting big plays. This absolutely sucks. If it is a torn tricep, that will definitely be the year, and might be his career too.

Clevelandsux
10-24-2010, 06:29 PM
I like Smith, but I think his career is winding down. Too injury prone.

SteelJunkie
10-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Out of the 3 injuries Smith hurts the most. If he is done for the year then we need the rest of the line to stay healthy. Flozell hurts as well and hopefully he can recover fast.

steelersbabex25
10-24-2010, 06:32 PM
He's injury prone but he's still one of the most important players on defense.

super cleats
10-24-2010, 06:35 PM
we need that clayborne guy at the draft

Clevelandsux
10-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Ya, but he does us no good on IR.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2010, 06:42 PM
They all hurt us but definitely Smith is the biggest blow. Without him our run defense is most definitely in trouble. He is the rock on that unit, at this point it's up in the air how we'll be going forward. Teams will definitely try to run on us more, and right at Smith's vacant spot.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Smith is done.....book it.......3 season ending injuries in 4 years.....He had a great career and really was under-rated his entire career....I just can't see him coming back next year at this point.....

LatrobePA
10-24-2010, 07:06 PM
****** Hood isn't the answer, he's BAD!

Troyisabeast_43
10-24-2010, 07:11 PM
This defense is still better then last years defense I believe to be able to play well with Smith out for the rest of the season. Losing Smith however will still hurt a great deal. I still believe this defense without Smith can play solid enough and get to Dallas and win the Super Bowl. Everybody on defense MUST step up their game in all areas. The loss of Smith will hurt but the Steelers will still be alright and are gonna be in this thing come January when all is said and done...

SteelCityKid5
10-24-2010, 07:20 PM
So unfortunate.

greg1964
10-24-2010, 07:53 PM
I hate too see it, (Aaron) injured: but Ziggy Hood better grow up quick.

igor0190
10-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Though Ziggy Hood was bypassed for the starting right defensive end job this week, coordinator Dick LeBeau has no worries about his progress.

Hood has been playing through an ankle injury, which may have tilted the decision to start in Nick Eason's favor. "I think [Hood] is going to be a major contributor for us this year," LeBeau said, "and I think he's right on schedule to becoming a real good NFL defensive lineman."

Right on schedule! Lol...
His schedule better include next week for the rest of the season, or his 1st round status is becoming very annoying. Now or never might be accurate.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-24-2010, 08:12 PM
in the next draft we need a shut down corner, some DEs and OTs--we better trade for some picks--maybe we can get something for a Battle-ARE package offer--do we still have battle?

mwittman5
10-24-2010, 08:15 PM
in the next draft we need a shut down corner, some DEs and OTs--we better trade for some picks--maybe we can get something for a Battle-ARE package offer--do we still have battle?

corner is a must with taylor a FA after next season (after this yr if theres a lockout next yr). Steelers may have to let him walk to afford to keep woodley and timmons

coach
10-24-2010, 08:45 PM
No more games in the heat and humidity this year so hopefully the depth doesn't get worn down by weather on top of evrything else.

greennick
10-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Weak. I was hoping it was just strained. :banging:

At least we still have Troy. Fingers crossed he stays on the field. :cope:

Zachintosh66
10-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Whats up w/ Lamarr

steelersbabex25
10-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Regardless of how much Ziggy Hood improves or matures, he's no Aaron Smith.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Woodley has a hamstring issue and should be back for Sunday's night game vs the Saints Zachintosh......That is what I heard but nothing official yet......

--- Added 10/24/2010 at 09:21 PM ---

Aaron Smith is one of a kind.........One of my alltime favorite Steelers.......At this point I would just settle for Hood to be solid in the run game and on occasion put some pressure on the QB.....I would assume Keisel will be next week and I think Eason would get the nod over Hood to replace Smith at first.......

steelersbabex25
10-24-2010, 11:25 PM
Woodley has a hamstring issue and should be back for Sunday's night game vs the Saints Zachintosh......That is what I heard but nothing official yet......

I'm pretty sure I recall seeing Woodley saying that he would definitely be back on Sunday somewhere..don't remember where though.

86WARD
10-24-2010, 11:42 PM

QFT. Smith is the most important piece to this defense. It's going to leave a mark...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Charles Grant is an option to replace Smith as well, as is McClendon.

Steelersfan
10-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Charles Grant is an option to replace Smith as well, as is McClendon.

Who??????.........:lol:

HUNT4SEVEN
10-25-2010, 11:27 PM
After watching the game again it's not so much that Ziggy Hood sucks it's the fact that he is not understanding his gap control, what i mean by this is...on the run by Rickey Williams in the 3rd quarter Ziggy was inside when he should of been playing out side forcing RW to the inside instead of letting RW get to the outside, the Steelers are gonna have to make Ziggy understand that he has to make the RB's run inside where he has more help instead of letting them get to the out side where he has little to no help, this will come in due time it took Aaron Smith and Brett Kiesel a while before they understood this also,Once he understands this he will be a better player imo...

igor0190
10-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Lets just show the kid some support and give him the benefit of the doubt for now!
(you too K-train)

GO ZIGGY!!!:tt02::tt02:

:lol:

LatrobePA
10-26-2010, 01:27 PM
It's offical, Smith had surgery:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ba1895/article/steelers-de-smith-undergoes-surgery-to-repair-torn-tricep?module=HP_headlines

nuclearchihuahuas
10-26-2010, 01:32 PM

That's the truth! :tt02:

Scorp
10-26-2010, 02:37 PM
:goodpost:

Troyisabeast_43
10-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Adams should be ready to go Sunday Tomlin said today at his press conference, and both Woodley and Keisel both are going to practice Thursday and have a shot at playing. So overall, the news could have been a lot worse then this and it's pretty good news all the way around...

Real Deal Steel
10-27-2010, 01:38 AM
With the rule changes, the secondary looked like last year's secondary. And that scares me. I need to see better then what we saw from the secondary. We need Hood to bring a pass rush on 3rd and long situations. Brees has a quick release normally so I won't be too upset if we can't get him on short drops. But on obvious passing downs in long yardage situations, when Brees has to hold the ball longer, we need to get to Brees.

DanRooney
10-27-2010, 06:59 AM
It'd be nice if Woodley decides to show up in the pass rush. He'll definitely need to improve now that Smith is gone.