PDA

View Full Version : Just took a look at the standings

Farrior Fan
10-24-2010, 07:20 AM
I know that it is still early but I was looking at the standings and really only see 1 team that I think would be favored against us if we played in their home.

The Jets are playing tough right now and just like us have only 1 loss....to the Ravens. For some reason I'm just not scared of the Ravens this year and when we go to Bmore we WILL win.

The Pats are playing well but their D will be exposed against good QB/WR combos - which we have.

No one else in the AFC is in the class of the Steelers, NE, NYJ, and Balt.

In the NFC - the NYG have looked good but beaten no one that is even decent unless you think Houston is (I don't). And Indy absolutely dominated them, so we will see if this was a fluke game or if the NYG can hold up against good teams.

The Aints are not the same without Sharper. He has just been activated and will play soon but who knows at his age if he can come back from an injury this quickly and still be an impact player.

Other than that, no one in the NFC scares me. What scares me is that :imho: no one can beat us right now:tt02:

What do ya'll think?

nuclearchihuahuas
10-24-2010, 10:05 AM
I think that unless our pass defense shows dramatic improvement in the very near future we should worry a great deal. The Patriots and the Saints and the Chargers can score at a moments notice and should be taken very seriously. I believe today's game against the Dolphins will give us a good look at what we can expect from the pass defense coming up since the run game should be stalled and they will be forced to pass. I am counting on BMac, clark, and gay to step it up...I hope to see Troy come flying out of nowhere and intercepts at least 2 passes today; unfortunately I will just have to wait and see.

super cleats
10-24-2010, 10:13 AM
I think that unless our pass defense shows dramatic improvement in the very near future we should worry a great deal..

That if Colt McCoy throws for 280 yards, what the hell is Drew Brees and Tom Brady going to throw for.

I know we played prevent defense against Mccoy in the 4th, but we gave him that confidence that he didn't need to get.

I haven't really like Lebeau's play-calling in the last few minutes of the fourth all season long.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-24-2010, 12:35 PM
I haven't really like Lebeau's play-calling in the last few minutes of the fourth all season long.

It's the popular thing to do play ,prevent late in the game. Granted I would love to see us play all out the whole game,but supposedly prevent is the way to go to protect a lead.If you have a outstanding defense, which we do, prevent just screws up the stats because ya giving up garbage yards late. I mean even though Mc Coy got 280 yds did ya really think there was any doubt about that game...

HUNT4SEVEN
10-24-2010, 05:21 PM
That if Colt McCoy throws for 280 yards, what the hell is Drew Brees and Tom Brady going to throw for.

I know we played prevent defense against Mccoy in the 4th, but we gave him that confidence that he didn't need to get.

If the clowns held the Ain'ts to 10 points with the defense they have over there we better start copying the Ryan boys defensives

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Right now we're 5-1, barely, but we still are. That's all that matters for this week..but man I'm a Bills fan right now too!!

nuclearchihuahuas
10-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Right now we're 5-1, barely, but we still are. That's all that matters for this week..but man I'm a Bills fan right now too!!

the bills got a bad break--obviously the refs are helping the ratbirds

--- Added 10/24/2010 at 03:35 PM ---

If the clowns held the Ain'ts to 10 points with the defense they have over there we better start copying the Ryan boys defensives

TOTALLY!

--- Added 10/24/2010 at 03:35 PM ---

I hope Harbaugh dies like a really sick dog!

steelchamp204
10-25-2010, 01:21 AM
I have us finishing 11-5 his season and im sticking to it.

Root4Stlrs
10-25-2010, 01:58 AM
I have us finishing 11-5 his season and im sticking to it.

Me, too. I have a bet with my husband and I won the first part. I said the Steelers would go 3-1 without Ben and he said 2-2. Then he said 9-7 for the season and I have 11-5. For awhile I thought I might have been one game off and we would end up 12-4 but now I'm not sure. I really just hate that we lost Aaron Smith.

DanRooney
10-25-2010, 02:16 AM

It's about matchups. Ben threw pretty well against the Browns D, yet Brees threw 4 INTs the next week.

Obviously there's something about the 3-4 that Brees doesn't like.