PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me out here?

Dallas Burgher
10-23-2010, 10:42 AM
It seems obvious that Pouncey is going to be great, barring injury. However it seems that the entire OL is playing much better. While not a dominating force as in past years they have improved. I think a lot of credit has to go to the OL coach. That being said, can anyone give me a player by player analysis on how they have improved?

Thanks guys, I don't get to see the black and gold much in Dallas.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Breaking down every player would take quite awhile, and considering how the line is different this year than last year the only comparison is overall performance rather than individual stats.

Overall their performance in vastly improved over last year, just by watching the games you can tell because the sacks are down against our QB's, the running game is strong. Those 2 alone are good signs for the future. It was evident with Starks out that our depth is still very suspect at Tackle atleast. Legursky has been playing well in Essex's absence and unless he falters I suspect he'll stay at RG permanently.

The 5 starters are playing well together, and each game they get under their belt is only going to continue to help them improve. I like the upside of this group a lot.

igor0190
10-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Pouncey at center has made a world of difference... He is making everyone better on the line. Hartwig gave up the most sacks out of any center in the whole league last year. He plain and simple was getting molested out there. Calling him a weak link would be an understatement. I don't believe any other team has even signed him yet.

coach
10-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Being in Dallas, you may be interetsted in Flo's performance. I admit that I didn't want the Steelers to sign him and I thought he might be just one more prob for us to deal with on a line that had issues. He has lost some range but he has done a decent job at RT.
Our O line needs help/depth but they are working hard and doing the job. I think we are middle of the pack in terms of converting on 3rd downs, but I saw some O line performances this year (Chicago v NY) that make our O line look like studs.

Every team needs improvements somewhere and I think we will improve over time, but I think the line has exceeded expectations. Pouncey, even as a first round pick, has exceeded expectations in terms of how fast he has settled in as strating center.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-23-2010, 04:57 PM
:sSig_hi: Don't have anything to add but need to raise post count :grin1::bonk:

HUNT4SEVEN
10-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Pouncey truly has been the difference this year:yesnod:, but u gotta give some love to the O-Line coach also:yesnod:, to me they seem more discipline in there techniques,Pouncey hasn't given up a sack yet and i believe he only has 1 offensive penalty Flo looks better than i thought he would, Legursky is a great up grade at RG, Kemo is better this year at LG and Max is doing a good job at LT over all i am pleased with the way the O-Line is doing this year:tt02: and they will be even better in Dallas this Feb hopefully if they can stay healthy...:tt02::tt02: