PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young is the QB that Vick wishes he was

Hburg
12-11-2006, 01:29 AM
Vince Young can run fast as hell. He also can pass accurately for big yardage. He returned to his hometown in Houston and tore the place up.

Mike Vick can pass and would have been a stronger passer if he had been more trained on how to pass early in his career, now he's getting older and not as able to run. Young came out of the gate passing, running, and is looking to possibly make the Titans a force in the AFC again within two seasons.....all while Leinart is pigeon-holed in Arizona. :lol:

But on the Vick vs. Young....thoughts?

BuFu

Steelerlyn
12-11-2006, 01:38 AM
Did you ever notice that generally when these guys come out of college, they have that raw talent, then the team they get on decides to teach them to play football, the NFL way and they end up with the raw athletic talent gone. Lordell was awesome for his 1st couple years, then look at Ben.

:lol: :banana: :bigthumb: :nahnah:

Koopa
12-11-2006, 03:06 AM
i sure hope you ain't comparing vince to kordell......i ****ing hate when ppl do that, the only comparison there is that they are both black........vince is 2506720958672059867205867209358762356720358 times better then kordell could ever dream of being

as for him being compared to vick......vince will be better, he's stronger, taller, better passer, knows better when to run and when not too......overall he's just a smarter player then vick and knows how to win......

the titans will be badass in a couple of years, vince will be to that team what mcnair was before he became a china doll lol

Hburg
12-11-2006, 03:15 AM
i sure hope you ain't comparing vince to kordell......i ****ing hate when ppl do that, the only comparison there is that they are both black........vince is 2506720958672059867205867209358762356720358 times better then kordell could ever dream of being

When did I ever compare Vince to Kordell? There is no comparison between those two! They are both black....but the similarities stop there.

as for him being compared to vick......vince will be better, he's stronger, taller, better passer, knows better when to run and when not too......overall he's just a smarter player then vick and knows how to win......

Good points. Vince showed he knew how to win by winning the national championship last year.

BuFu

Koopa
12-11-2006, 03:16 AM
the kordell part was directed to lyn lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2006, 09:02 AM
One thing to keep in mind about Vince Young is to remember that it's not uncommon for a rookie to come in and be a huge success in his first year. Just look at Ben, he came into the lineup in that Balt game a few years back and was very successful. Vince is doing a great job this year and he's really lifted that entire team after the dismal start they had.

Just watch because the other teams really have no film on this guy, they don't know his tendancies, his accuracy, etc so it's harder to defense him. Once we get into 2007 and teams have almost a years worth of film on him they'll be able to find out more about him and figure out ways to keep him under control.

AZ_Steeler
12-11-2006, 11:28 AM
TG has a great point! Once tape starts making it around the league of Vince he will be brought down to earth and have to change up his game. Right now the Titans are more than likely keeping the play book simple and he maybe has 2 reads at most. Once the play book is opened up and the video gets out and 1 team learns how to shut him down he will then be another NFL QB.

As for the Vick and Young comparison. Young his light years ahead of Vick. Young will at least attempt to throw the ball and he has won more with his arm than he has his legs! Maybe Vick should watch some of that Young film to learn how to be a good QB!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2006, 12:42 PM
The interesting thing is, Vick has alot more weapons at his disposal than Young does, yet Young is still airing it out and getting better each week. The guy is a force that's for sure but Im not ready to crown him the next great QB in the league yet. The titans have a soft schedule this year as well, not taking anything away from what they've done because they're playing better than anyone thought they would but I want to see him against more quality opponents and after teams have started to devise ways to keep him contained, and then see how he does.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Wait lets slow the whole Vince Young train down a bit. Is Young playing well? Yes the young man is playing really well for the Titans and leading them to wins. But he is still far from a good passer by any means. I know going into the Texans game yesterday that Vince Young was completing less then 50 percent of his passes. Its going to take more then 10 or so games to judge Vince Young.

As for the comparisons to Vick. Again its going to take more time for us to compare these two. Mike Vick is an average at best QB when it comes to being a passer. But I will say the Falcons with Jim Mora as coach and Greg Knapp as OC tried to make something he isn't a west coast QB. That system totally doesn't fit Vick's strengths.

I hope the Titans take note of this and put a system in place to take advantage of Young's strenghts and try to make him something he isn't like the Falcons have done with Vick.

Koopa
12-11-2006, 02:48 PM
One thing to keep in mind about Vince Young is to remember that it's not uncommon for a rookie to come in and be a huge success in his first year. Just look at Ben, he came into the lineup in that Balt game a few years back and was very successful. Vince is doing a great job this year and he's really lifted that entire team after the dismal start they had.

Just watch because the other teams really have no film on this guy, they don't know his tendancies, his accuracy, etc so it's harder to defense him. Once we get into 2007 and teams have almost a years worth of film on him they'll be able to find out more about him and figure out ways to keep him under control.

ok he's been playing for 8 games, the whole they don't have film doesn't work any more...... he doing exactly what he did in college and that's win games

Koopa
12-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Wait lets slow the whole Vince Young train down a bit. Is Young playing well? Yes the young man is playing really well for the Titans and leading them to wins. But he is still far from a good passer by any means. I know going into the Texans game yesterday that Vince Young was completing less then 50 percent of his passes. Its going to take more then 10 or so games to judge Vince Young.

As for the comparisons to Vick. Again its going to take more time for us to compare these two. Mike Vick is an average at best QB when it comes to being a passer. But I will say the Falcons with Jim Mora as coach and Greg Knapp as OC tried to make something he isn't a west coast QB. That system totally doesn't fit Vick's strengths.

I hope the Titans take note of this and put a system in place to take advantage of Young's strenghts and try to make him something he isn't like the Falcons have done with Vick.

i guess you don't watch any titan games and just look at the stats.......well look at the wr's he has.......he has no help which is why he doesn't complete a lot of passes........but wtf does all that matter??? the dude knows how to win plain and simple.......stats don't make a qb good, if they did we'd have to get rid of ben cause every year he has ****** *** stats.......alll that matters is the W

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2006, 03:12 PM
i guess you don't watch any titan games and just look at the stats.......well look at the wr's he has.......he has no help which is why he doesn't complete a lot of passes........but wtf does all that matter??? the dude knows how to win plain and simple.......stats don't make a qb good, if they did we'd have to get rid of ben cause every year he has ****** *** stats.......alll that matters is the W

Koop, I know Vince Young is your boy and your going to defend him. I also didn't say Vince Young sucked or will never be great. Just saying lets slow all this hype down on Vince Young. I agree all that matters is the win. But when your only completing 51.2 percent of your passes and was under 50 percent before yesterday. I'm not putting Vince Young in the Hall of Fame. He has alot of work to do to become a great NFL QB.

As for Ben and his ****** stats like you said. True Ben didn't throw for alot of yards and TD's in his first couple years. But Ben did complete over 60 percent of his passes.

For the record 10 starts doesn't make an NFL career Koopa. Vince Young has had some success but lets see if he maintains this success the next few years or so. Mike Vick had success early on in his career and won a playoff game in Lambeau Field against the Packers. Everybody thought Vick was going to be great and the Falcons were going to win Super Bowls. Falcons fans are still waiting.

Steelersfan
12-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Ummmm, Ben being in the top of the league in passer rating his first 2 years is not ****** stats. Maybe he didn't have the yardage or TD's some others had but he was efficiant to say the least. I'll take Ben any day over Vick, Young or Kordell!
Running QB's do not win in this league on a consistant bais. Both Vick and Young need to learn to pass better to win big games in this league. Running the ball is not going to help either of them as they get older.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Ummmm, Ben being in the top of the league in passer rating his first 2 years is not ****** stats. Maybe he didn't have the yardage or TD's some others had but he was efficiant to say the least. I'll take Ben any day over Vick, Young or Kordell!
Running QB's do not win in this league on a consistant bais. Both Vick and Young need to learn to pass better to win big games in this league. Running the ball is not going to help either of them as they get older.

Agree Dan and nice post.

Koopa
12-11-2006, 03:33 PM
well, if vince had the line, the running game, and the wr's ben had his rookie year vince would be doing the exact same thing

Steelersfan
12-11-2006, 03:39 PM
well, if vince had the line, the running game, and the wr's ben had his rookie year vince would be doing the exact same thing

You don't know that. It would be highly doubtful he could duplicate what Ben did since no other rookie QB had done it before.

Koopa
12-11-2006, 03:41 PM
because, usuaslly a rookie qb doesn't get to be on a team as good as the steelers were, we were gonna win no matter who are qb was that year......that team was just plain badass........ben was just lucky to be there for the ride............also you don't know that he wouldn't so don't tell me i wouldn't lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2006, 03:43 PM

I'm so glad you know this as fact. Again I'll say I didn't know 10 games made an NFL career. You act like Vince Young is perfect and doesn't need improvement. Nobody is saying Vince sucks or Vince is going to suck. Its just alittle early to proclaim him great or even compare him to any current NFL player.

If Vince Young wants to have a long successful NFL career he needs to improve as a passer. True he doesn't have much help but as of right now he basically looks for 1 reciever and if he isn't open then he takes offs. The potential is there but thats all Vince Young is right now is potential.

Koopa
12-11-2006, 03:46 PM
wtf??? we all did the same when ben was doing it.......why the hell can we act like ben is god his rookie year but yet i try to do that with a player on another team and everyone tries to talk down and discredit him.......

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2006, 03:46 PM
because, usuaslly a rookie qb doesn't get to be on a team as good as the steelers were, we were gonna win no matter who are qb was that year......that team was just plain badass........ben was just lucky to be there for the ride............also you don't know that he wouldn't so don't tell me i wouldn't lol

Steelers were 6-10 the year before. True injuries to the offensive line ruined that season. But come on you really think the Steelers would have been 15-1 and advance to the AFC title game with Tommy ****ing Maddox? Sorry but at best the Steelers would have been 10-6 or 9-7 with that bum starting the whole year.

Steelersfan
12-11-2006, 03:47 PM
There a plenty of rookie QB's that go to good teams. Ben played quite well by not making mistakes and hitting open WR's when he needed to. You can't ask much more of any QB young or old.
We've had plenty of QB's over the past 10 or so years and not all of them were very good and we didn't always win.
Also, I do know that!..lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2006, 03:48 PM
wtf??? we all did the same when ben was doing it.......why the hell can we act like ben is god his rookie year but yet i try to do that with a player on another team and everyone tries to talk down and discredit him.......

I never said Ben was God at anytime during his young career. I even said after his first two years he was far from a finished product as an NFL QB. So don't go there Koop. Just lay off Vince Young's jock for a minute. The guy has talent and has freakish ability most QB's don't have. But all Vince is right now is potential.

Koopa
12-11-2006, 03:53 PM
I never said Ben was God at anytime during his young career. I even said after his first two years he was far from a finished product as an NFL QB. So don't go there Koop. Just lay off Vince Young's jock for a minute. The guy has talent and has freakish ability most QB's don't have. But all Vince is right now is potential.

i'm not really saying you, i'm saying you as in general, because i didn't know you before this board so of course i wouldn't know what you were saying......but a lot of ppl were all over ben's jock his rookie year

and sf......not many rookies get to play for their teams, so i don't get your argument......our team was crazy badass and again no matter who our qb was that year we would've won a lot of games......ben shouldn't have even started that's how good that team was that year.......if vince was allowed to throw 15 times a game like ben did, and if he was allowed to throw 10 yard passes like ben did, vince would've had the the same results

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2006, 03:58 PM
i'm not really saying you, i'm saying you as in general, because i didn't know you before this board so of course i wouldn't know what you were saying......but a lot of ppl were all over ben's jock his rookie year

and sf......not many rookies get to play for their teams, so i don't get your argument......our team was crazy badass and again no matter who our qb was that year we would've won a lot of games......ben shouldn't have even started that's how good that team was that year.......if vince was allowed to throw 15 times a game like ben did, and if he was allowed to throw 10 yard passes like ben did, vince would've had the the same results

You don't remember me from SF? I did just join SF in April so yea I guess you didn't have alot of time get to know me.

But give Ben some credit here. I'm not saying he carried the Steelers at all his first two years and was a great NFL QB. But the kid played well and didn't dink and dunk like you suggest. Ben was in the top three in yards per attempt and completion. True he didn't throw alot but when he did throw it was usually pressure throw on third down and not the easy throws alot of people think they were.

Koopa
12-11-2006, 04:01 PM
he was in tops because his wr's would break long ones for him......they'd do the same for vince

and no i don't remember a lot of ppl after the superbowl on that board, it got big to fast and i just stopped really looking at members and just read post and responded, i didn't really know who i responded too lol

SteelerFan87
12-11-2006, 05:33 PM

Kordell was awesome in his 1st season. He had slightly less running ability than Vick, but definitely more passing ability. If the coaches hadn't screwed up his development, I think he might have ended up alot like McNair. Jeff Fisher, having had McNair, knows how to develop that kind of QB, so I think Young will have a good career. (Hopefully he has a great game this week)

House of Steel
12-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Koopa, Drew Bennett is not half bad as a WR. I don't whom else would be beneficial to mention, but watching Vince this year, he has surprised me in some ways. Now, he is cooking up a storm and the Titans might get themselves back into the competition, LOOK OUT!!!!

KORDELL IS A PUSSY!!! Don't even go there. He sucked the entire time he was a Steeler. That damn wilderbeest couldn't do **** for us if he had a chance on a golden platter. He pissed me off more than got praises from me. He was an eyesore for this team.

Koopa
12-11-2006, 10:27 PM
bennett may be decent, however, he has a bum of a offensive line, and other then bennett he has bum of wrs which makes it harder to get the ball to bennett because he is being covered a lot.....i was hoping they'd lose every game to get calvin johnson, but stupid ppl got to play for pride lol

House of Steel
12-11-2006, 10:29 PM
You make a good point. I hope the Titans get rid of Haynesworth. He is a cancer. That team used to be damn good til the salary cap got the best of em.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Ben has had a ton of success early on in his career. He's kept up those high standards of play so yes that is a bit of an oddity for young QB's to not struggle much in their first 2 years. I also don't think we can attribute this years up and down games with Ben because of so many injuries and missed playing time. No excuses though, he has strugged plain and simple. I just think we can't say anything more than Young is having a good year for now and leave it at that. If he duplicates this feat next year after teams have had time to learn more about them then I'll be the first to say the guy is a top notch QB.

RW318
12-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Is there any stats that show how many times Ben had to throw the ball over 20 yards his first year? Young cant rely on little checkdowns for the whole game because his defense isn't that great. You wanna compare him to a rookie QB as far as completions compare him to one that actually had to pass.....ON A BAD TEAM.

Steelersfan
12-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Ben had an average completion of 13.4 yards. Young has 11.5.

Ben completed %66 of his passes. Young is at 51.7

Ben threw 11 INTS in 15 games. Young is already at 11.

Ben had a 98.1 passer rating and finnished 5th in the league. Young has a 65.7 and isn't even in the top 30 QB's this year.
Nobody knew if our team was any good Bens rookie year. We were 6-10 the year before so that makes us good? Be real will ya. Young is helping his team win right now with his running ability, not his passing. You guys sound like everyone that was up Vicks *ss when he came in the league.
Smith, Leinart, Gradkowski, Romo are all having better years passing than Young. So go compare them. I see know difference in Young than I saw in Vick when he was a rookie. Actually, Vick played better his first 16 games than Young.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Ben had an average completion of 13.4 yards. Young has 11.5.

Ben completed %66 of his passes. Young is at 51.7

Ben threw 11 INTS in 15 games. Young is already at 11.

Ben had a 98.1 passer rating and finnished 5th in the league. Young has a 65.7 and isn't even in the top 30 QB's this year.
Nobody knew if our team was any good Bens rookie year. We were 6-10 the year before so that makes us good? Be real will ya. Young is helping his team win right now with his running ability, not his passing. You guys sound like everyone that was up Vicks *ss when he came in the league.
Smith, Leinart, Gradkowski, Romo are all having better years passing than Young. So go compare them. I see know difference in Young than I saw in Vick when he was a rookie. Actually, Vick played better his first 16 games than Young.

Nice post and agree. I was looking at the stats for Ben's rookie year and was going to post them but you beat me to it.lol

I just remember in 2002. Mike Vick led the Falcons to a playoff win against the Packers at Lambeau Field. Falcons fans and alot others thought Vick was going to be great and lead the Falcons to the Super Bowls. Falcons fans are still waiting.

Now I'm impressed with Vince Young and how he is leading the Titans to wins. I think he has alot of potential. But thats all Young is right now is potential. He still has alot of work to do to become a great NFL QB.

RW318
12-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Again....You're comparing him to a player that was set up to win. Lets compare each position and see how many better players the Titans have compared to the Steelers. Ben was a QB that was blessed by God to land on a ball control run offense that just needed someone who was decent at managing the game to win. They were set at damn near every position....nowhere near the same situation for Young so they shouldn't be compared.

You gotta look at the whole damn picture for each players situation.....

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Again Vince Young is completing 51.2 of his passes with 10 TD's and 11 INT's. Not bad for a rookie but again Vince Young is all potential. He has played in 12 games and started 10. You can't judge him as a good QB or a bad QB. I don't recall anyone ever bashing Vince Young in this thread. I'm just not all over his jock like some people.

RW318
12-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Potential is what you need....hes already showed he still has all of his major qualities from college and that they'll work in the NFL. You can't teach someone to be a good leader...and Vince is damn near the best you can find. Can't teach someone that poise in pressure situations....when he adjusts to the speed of NFL DBs...its gonna get ugly for other teams cause every other quality he needs to be a good QB is already set.

Again, besides Bennet who does he have to throw the ball too thats proven?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Potential is what you need....hes already showed he still has all of his major qualities from college and that they'll work in the NFL. You can't teach someone to be a good leader...and Vince is damn near the best you can find. Can't teach someone that poise in pressure situations....when he adjusts to the speed of NFL DBs...its gonna get ugly for other teams cause every other quality he needs to be a good QB is already set.

Again, besides Bennet who does he have to throw the ball too thats proven?

No kidding potential is what you need. Poise in pressure situations? I'm glad you can tell he has poise after 10 career starts. Right there case closed. Until Young starts and wins a play-off game don't come here with saying Vince Young has the poise to be an NFL QB. If you bring up his National Title I will die laughing.

As for Vince Young adjusting to the speed of NFL DBs. Well the same was said of Mike Vick. Falcons fans are still waiting on Vick to become a great QB.

Vince Young has 10 career starts and lets just put him in the Hall of Fame.:bluelol:

Koopa
12-12-2006, 05:58 PM
so playoff wins define a career??? cause if so then manning is the worse qb to ever play the game lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2006, 06:16 PM
so playoff wins define a career??? cause if so then manning is the worse qb to ever play the game lol

I'm also not over Peyton Mannings jock like most of America and like you guys are with with Vince Young. Peyton Manning and his mighty 3-6 play-off record speak for itself. Yes play-off wins and Super Bowls should count don't you think? Is Peyton Manning still a Hall of Famer yes he is for his regular season dominance. But does have the poise when it comes to play-off pressure. Well again his 3-6 play-off record speaks for itself. Plus comparing Peyton Manning and Vince Youngs respective careers at the moment is pointless since Manning has been in the leauge since 1998. Lame *** try Koopa bringing Peyton Manning into the debate.

As for Vince Young which I really don't have a problem with him and think he has the talent to be very good in the NFL. I'm just waiting to see. You can't really judge a player until five years down the road. Like I said Vince Young has made 10 career starts. Not even a full season yet.

Plus lets look at the teams Vince Young has beaten. The Texans twice, Redskins, Eagles, Colts, Giants. Lets put him in the Hall of Fame for that. The most impressive win is the Colts. Well the Colts defense sucks and has been very bad the last month or so. The Giants game was impressive since he brought the Titans back from 21-0. If Mathias Kiwanuka doesn't lay up and finishes the tackle on Young then the Giants would have won that game. But due to the NFL going over board with QB protection Kiwanuka laid off due to fear of getting a penalty.

Koopa
12-12-2006, 06:37 PM
i'm just trying to say, don't bring playoffs into it cause not everyone is lucky enough to have a team built around them, it shouldn't define their careers.........it's just dumb.......plus i never said vince is gonna be an all time great and win super bowls, i just think he's gonna be a hell of a good qb and have success with the titans.......he'll probably never win a super bowl but that doesn't make him a bad qb

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2006, 06:41 PM
i just think he's gonna be a hell of a good qb and have success with the titans.......he'll probably never win a super bowl but that doesn't make him a bad qb

Nothing wrong with that statement, he may very well be an awesome QB in this league or he may not. Preliminary indications are that he's going to be something special so it'll be fun to watch his career unfold.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2006, 06:55 PM
i'm just trying to say, don't bring playoffs into it cause not everyone is lucky enough to have a team built around them, it shouldn't define their careers.........it's just dumb.......plus i never said vince is gonna be an all time great and win super bowls, i just think he's gonna be a hell of a good qb and have success with the titans.......he'll probably never win a super bowl but that doesn't make him a bad qb

You totally miss my whole entire point which was its to early to say Vince Young is going to be good or bad. We don't know and 10 games doesn't give us enough proof either way. You think he is going to be good and thats fine. I also said I thought he had the potential to very good. But I'm just dumb and I wasn't the one that brought up the poise factor anyway. Your boy did Koopa. Sorry but poise in the regular season doesn't mean ****. Thats why I mentioned the play-offs. I could careless if any player has poise in the regular season. Again I don't know how after 10 games someone can claim that Vince Young has poise.

As for Vince Young winning a Super Bowl. I never said he wouldn't win one. I can't predict the future Koopa. Thats why I'm taking the wait and see approach like I do with every other player that is drafted into the NFL. God now I know never to question Vince Young with Koopa in the house.:bluelol:

Koopa
12-12-2006, 07:02 PM
i missed your point because your post are to damn long lol......i got ADD and i can't read your whole post

it's just in MY OPINION vince will be a good qb in this league, he is doing exactly what he did in college in the nfl......and that's winning games by making plays when they are needed........wants they get him more help his passing will be better.....maybe a ted ginn or a steve smith from usc will help him

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2006, 07:10 PM
i missed your point because your post are to damn long lol......i got ADD and i can't read your whole post

it's just in MY OPINION vince will be a good qb in this league, he is doing exactly what he did in college in the nfl......and that's winning games by making plays when they are needed........wants they get him more help his passing will be better.....maybe a ted ginn or a steve smith from usc will help him

Koopa you're crazy man.:bluelol: Sorry about my long posts. I'll try to shorten them up in the future. I can't say you're wrong for thinking Vince Young will be a good NFL QB and I can't say he will be a bad NFL QB. Since he only has 10 starts.

Vince Young is amazing talent and I think he could dominate the NFL with the right system in place. A system that will always take advantage of his strengths as he learns how to play QB at the NFL level.

The sky is the limit for for Vince Young. Time will tell how good he becomes.

RW318
12-12-2006, 08:18 PM
No kidding potential is what you need. Poise in pressure situations? I'm glad you can tell he has poise after 10 career starts. Right there case closed. Until Young starts and wins a play-off game don't come here with saying Vince Young has the poise to be an NFL QB. If you bring up his National Title I will die laughing.

As for Vince Young adjusting to the speed of NFL DBs. Well the same was said of Mike Vick. Falcons fans are still waiting on Vick to become a great QB.

Vince Young has 10 career starts and lets just put him in the Hall of Fame.:bluelol:

All you have to judge...is what hes done....sorry you can see into the future and I can't. For a rookie he has poise....I don't know what the hell makes you think he doesn't. Then again.....what hes done right now doesn't matter right?

Not really what was said of Vick is he needs to look to pass before run...and needs to work more on his accuracy. He hasn't corrected any cept hes gotten a tad bit better at looking for the pass before run.

He has ten career starts....Ok? Tell me where it was said hes the best QB in the NFL? Tell me where it was said that hes top 5? Tell me who said hes Gods gift to football....cause you're sitting there acting like someone said these things. People are praising him for what hes done...while you're talking about the future ignoring the present.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2006, 08:43 PM
The whole point of this conversation is just convey that while everybody is jumping on the Vince Young bandwagon and talking about how great he is, and how he's such a top notch QB. The media, message boards, water cooler discussions, all are declaring him the next best thing while everyone just needs to remember that yes he's having a good year and there is no denying that, but just that when he actually does struggle, and you can bank the fact that he will, how many of those will suddenly turn on him just like anyone else and realize he's young and still has alot to learn. Vick is finding out the hard way that you can't always run at the first sight of trouble or try to force the issue by squeezing in a pass into double coverage and the once NFL defenses start to figure him out he'll have a much more difficult time having success...basically that he still has alot of work to do.

Koopa
12-12-2006, 09:10 PM
he did struggle at the beginning though, he's finally starting to break out......he doing exactly what he did in college in the nfl......and once he learns how to play more in the nfl he can only get better, he is not the same type of player that vick is.....so we need to stop comparing them......vince isn't really fast he runs a 4.5 but he takes long *** steps which make him look really fast lol......he is also a much smarter player

how come every black qb is compared to vick???? why not culpepper or mcnabb??

also i won't be one of those ppl that turns on him, i might call him a bum but i still think the dude is awesome lol........he's fun to watch play whether winning or losing...........

Steelersfan
12-13-2006, 12:00 AM
OK, hold on here RW and Koopa.
One - Look at the title of this thread. That is why Young is being compared with Vick.
Two - Koopa brought Ben into the discussion and it went from there.

I think we can all agree that Young has potential. But I don't have any opinion on how good he will be in the future. I'd rather see how he plays for another season before I judge him one way or the other. I will say that he better learn to pass better because the legs will only carry him so far like they have with Vick. And as each gets older they won't be able to use that to make up for the lack of passing ability.

And why does a black QB need to be compared to another black QB period? Shouldn't you just compare all QB's?

Koopa
12-14-2006, 10:56 PM
i know vick is in the thread title, i was simply trying to bring it back, that's why i asked why is he always compared to vick????? ppl just see black and the dude running and it automaticly goes to vick........why can't he be compared to burnell or any other fast white boy?? why always vick??? and why can't be compared to mcnabb or culpepper??? they ran a lot......why most it always be vick??

House of Steel
12-14-2006, 11:03 PM
On ESPN, they showed the top 10 amazing finishes of 2006. Guess what was number one? TEXAS AND USC 2006 Rose Bowl. I am telling you now, Vince Young put his name in the echelon of the sport of football on that grand night with his brilliant athleticism and skills. I am telling you now, hands down, Young would be greater than Vick. Koopa has a great point, while are we comparing Young to Micheal Vick? There are others in the NFL that he would be flat out better. I am going to say 75% of NFL QB, Young is better than them. I am sure he will only get better once he learns the system a whole lot more in Tennessee, he is going to make a name for himself in Titans History and I swear he should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame when his career is over. The Vince Young Era is about to begin next season. Actually, let me rephrase that, I smell this season was a bit of a preview of what to come.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-15-2006, 04:06 PM
All you have to judge...is what hes done....sorry you can see into the future and I can't. For a rookie he has poise....I don't know what the hell makes you think he doesn't. Then again.....what hes done right now doesn't matter right?

Not really what was said of Vick is he needs to look to pass before run...and needs to work more on his accuracy. He hasn't corrected any cept hes gotten a tad bit better at looking for the pass before run.

He has ten career starts....Ok? Tell me where it was said hes the best QB in the NFL? Tell me where it was said that hes top 5? Tell me who said hes Gods gift to football....cause you're sitting there acting like someone said these things. People are praising him for what hes done...while you're talking about the future ignoring the present.

Ignoring the present? I'm not ignoring the present. I stated he has potential and he needs to improve some areas of his game to become a good NFL QB.

Sorry that I'm not all over Vince Young's jock with him completing 51 percent of his passes. Plus Vince beating the Texans twice, the Redskins, the Giants, the Colts and the Eagles.

Now I do think Vince Young has the potential to very good in this league and has the talent to dominate. I'm just waiting a few years before making any judgement. Now if some how the Titans sneek into the play-offs and Vince Young is a big part of that. Then feel free so slob all over his knob all you want this year.

But I still will wait five years down the road until I give an opinion on Vince Young as an NFL QB.

SteelerFan87
12-15-2006, 06:50 PM
KORDELL IS A PUSSY!!! Don't even go there. He sucked the entire time he was a Steeler. That damn wilderbeest couldn't do **** for us if he had a chance on a golden platter. He pissed me off more than got praises from me. He was an eyesore for this team.

Not to get this thread off topic, but I was just getting myself caught up with this thread and noticed this post. HoS, how did Kordell suck the entire time he was a Steeler? I can understand saying he sucked in 98 and 99, although I disagree, but to say he was never good? What about 97 and 01? As for 98 and 99, the whole team sucked, because the offensive line was terrible. Plus, I've never seen WRs drop as many passes as the Steelers' WRs did in 99. Will Blackwell and Courtney Hawkins? Tell me 1 QB that would have success throwing to them. Peyton Manning would have sucked with those guys.

House of Steel
12-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Agreed. I never liked Kordell and never will. He just blew too many games and too many boneheaded decisions for me to ever care. Don't you forget the AFC Championship Game he blew up in. Maddox is a different story, I have a bit of respect for him, overall, he is another one of the damn suckers in Steelers History. I won't ever put Kordell in the same list as Kent Graham or Mark Malone. Those two morons are the lowest of the low. Kordell would be in third place. I had some respect for Mike Tomczak before that damn fool went to Cleveland. I am sorry to offend you, but you know I have my points and yes, I took yours in stride in respect too. :greengrin: