PDA

View Full Version : Cant we just leave the steelers alone goodell?

xxxsteelernation
10-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Ok this really boils my blood. Good ol goodell was in latrobe (hallowed ground) at TC and was saying how much he loved steelers defense and praised lebeau for his defense schemes and intesity of the players. ( now i'm pretty sure it was just a PR statement from goodell) but still PR or not you don't stand on hallowed ground in the heart of steeler nation and make a statement like that and a little more than a month later he fines harrison for that same intensity that he praised earlier. So what the ben issue is over so the nfl has to downgrade the steelers some more. My thing is now is that we all know about the harrison fines. but what about the other hard hits what about the dude from NE that popped todd heap. or the daunte guy's hit. did they get fines or anything to the price range of harrison?

LarryNJ
10-20-2010, 08:34 PM
There's no Steelers conspiracy. The hit on Jackson was as legal as legal can be.

coldrolled
10-20-2010, 08:45 PM
seriously, the players and media are saying the only hit that needed a fine was meriweather... and the refs had it right they threw a flag on meriweather.. other than that this is all just bull crap.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-20-2010, 09:02 PM
seriously, the players and media are saying the only hit that needed a fine was meriweather... and the refs had it right they threw a flag on meriweather.. other than that this is all just bull crap.

Absolutely! It is Harrison's job definition to try to separate the receiver from the ball...essentially, he was fined for doing exactly what he was supposed to do. It was a hard hit but it was a "football" hit not malicious. The man is a brick building--the only way he doesn't hit hard is to stand on the sidelines.

xxxsteelernation
10-20-2010, 09:05 PM
ok if not then why did vince young not get in any trouble for his bar room brawl that he was caught and convicted of. but ben who never was convicted was suspended. even though they both broke the personal conduct code. why is hines ward the only reciver getting fined for hard blocks when i've seen derrick mason throw just as many or even more flagerant head shot blocks and he gets nothing. Something's not adding up. and now the harrison incident he gets popped with 75 grand and now i'm not saying that Harrison is the only one that got fined for agressive hits, TJ ward (one of my fav players, Oregon duck product sorry) was fined for a hit exactly like harrison. he put his head down to hit low and the runner put his head down to take the hit and helmets hit. no intent to hit him helmet to helmet just happend, and tj ward also knocked out a couple players as well, and all he got was a 15k fine. so i'm not sayin conspricy but seems a lot of extra attention on the steelers this year, and if we somehow win the super bowl this year with all this going on, those outside of steeler nation will hate us evenmore. (oh yea TJ ward fav player-james harrison..lol)

nuclearchihuahuas
10-20-2010, 09:24 PM
There's no Steelers conspiracy. The hit on Jackson was as legal as legal can be.

Seriously? I am not a conspiracy buff in general, but this year has been ridiculous--it sure seems conspiratorial when punishments are not handed out justly/fairly without regard for who the player is. To me it truly seems like the NFL is going out of its way to make certain the Steelers have as many roadblocks and obstacle in their way to prevent a 7th Lombardi this year...right down to the refs not calling holding on anyone playing opposite Steeler linebackers.