PDA

View Full Version : A Must Listen....Schlereth Sounds Off

Steelerlyn
10-20-2010, 04:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5706315

jnes1216
10-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Absolutely dead on!! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Scorp
10-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Absolutely dead on!! Couldn't have said it better myself.

I could have. :grin1:

steelfury455
10-20-2010, 04:43 PM
yeah, saw that earlier and it was BEST said by him. what i've seen for the past 2 days regarding Harrison is if you're not a Steeler fan, it's a bad tackle, if you're a Steeler fan, it was a legal tackle; commentators are split between those who played the game and those who didn't. most who have played say it was a LEGAL hard hit and i agree 100%.

Prosdo
10-20-2010, 05:05 PM
He is completely right. They might as well play flag football.

Scorp
10-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Why don't the players and fans buy the NFL that way we and they the players can change the rules and reduce ticket prices. I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

KSSteelerfan
10-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Mark makes some great legitimate points.....:yesnod:

Ibleedblk&gld
10-20-2010, 05:30 PM
kudos to you schlereth...standing ovation

steelersbabex25
10-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Excellent points

SteelCityKid5
10-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Not only because he's on Harrison's side, Ive always like Schlereth. PS: Nice use of the iPad

jnes1216
10-20-2010, 05:50 PM
kudos to you schlereth...standing ovation

I think I might have to buy some of Stink's green chili here in Denver just because.

I'll put it next to my Kasparaitis Krunchers:lol: Remember those pickles?

Ibleedblk&gld
10-20-2010, 05:59 PM
ahh kasparaitis...i loved him as a penguin

BlitzburghRockCity
10-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Dead on, 100%, right on the money... good ole Stink comes through with a winner there!

xxxsteelernation
10-20-2010, 07:02 PM
ok and how are we supposed to prevent recivers from catching the ball. not everybody can keep up with recivers or running backs, and at least for teams like the steelers, and ravens, and jets. knocking the player out is the way we keep recivers from catching the ball or running backs from making a first down. hmmmm i wonder.

--- Added 10/20/2010 at 06:02 PM ---

mark is actually has a good soapbox to stand on here. this is a guy who has been through multiple and multiple surgeries becuase of the nfl is he is sayin allow the high contact hit. thats' respectable there

$teelersRule
10-20-2010, 07:15 PM
i just saw him in NFL Live all i have to say is bravo! :clap::clap: you go Mark

LarryNJ
10-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Great job!

nuclearchihuahuas
10-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Mr. Schlereth nailed the essence of the hypocrisy of the this issue. What a great job! I hope the NFL listens. I do think Harrison has hit so many so hard for so long that the league is going to pay particular attention to him and eventually force him out of the game.

Farrior Fan
10-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Since I cannot go onto Steelers.com....I have tried under thier rules to sign up twice....I will vent here. If you take away big hits I AM GONE. I grew up loving baseball and never really paid attention to football. Now I am a FANatic, I love how a guy like Harrison or Ward can hit a guy legally (the refs never threw a flag) and then go out there and do it again. I honestly hate the NFL right now. I totally support DeBo if he decides to retire. I live for Sundays and watching the Steelers but I think I can flip the switch and start watching baseball again because the retards in NFL corp decided to F up the game for me.

GOODELL - Put on your pink panties, sweatshirt, socks, goggles, bra, jersey and let me know what happens when thousands of MEN just like me leave your little monopoly.

Thanks all for letting me vent. Did I mention I would like to see Goodell vs. Harrison in a MMA match? Maybe that is where my $$ should go....thanks Rodger.

Diamondhead
10-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Being a Steeler fan, like virtually everyone here, I enjoy defense. I like the punishing hits and low scoring defensive matches. Yet the NFL has been on a crusade for the last 3 decades it seems, to give advantage after advantage to the offense and ham-string the guys on the other side of the ball. I don't want arena ball. I don't need to see inflated scores and stats. It diminishes the accomplishments of today's players as well as perverting the accomplishments of past athletes.

Is this what they call "Polhitical correctness?"

airbrake 1
10-20-2010, 09:37 PM
that explanation is dead on... kudos schlereth...i just wish more of the media would stand up for contact football most commentators say i know where to commissioner is coming from ...i read gene colliers column today and he seemed to be on goodell's side gotta love the pittsburgh post gazette the biggest rag of yellow journalism on the planet

HUNT4SEVEN
10-20-2010, 10:06 PM
It's not the NFL i hate it's that sorry excuse for a commissioner i hate...but what else do u expect from a Rats fan?

lloydfan4life
10-20-2010, 10:22 PM
I too am giving Schlereth a standing O right now. :clap: :clap: :clap:

More people need to start standing up like this and being heard.

IMO Roger Goodell needs to hit the highway and don't let the door hit ya in the *** on the way out!

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-20-2010, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if they just don't ban the Steelers outright from the rest of the season cause we are too fn good.

They don't call us the Steeler Nation for nuthin bitch.