PDA

View Full Version : Riddle Me This Goodell

SteelDad
10-20-2010, 08:54 AM
What's going to happen when Hines Ward blows up some 'defenseless' defender this weekend? You going to fine him too?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Apparently the letters that Anderson sent out to all the NFL teams reminds them that it's not just defensive players, but any player at any position can be punished if they don't play nice and put on their skirt before taking the field.

LatrobePA
10-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Will be a fun game to watch, I know for a fact we will push the limits testing the water. I expect to see bigger hits from all three sides of the ball!!

jpele
10-20-2010, 09:39 AM
I hope that on game day teams line up on the field and when the ball is snapped the defenses step back and say " go ahead and score " that's what the NFL really wants anyway.

Lunchbucket
10-20-2010, 10:37 AM
I hope that on game day teams line up on the field and when the ball is snapped the defenses step back and say " go ahead and score " that's what the NFL really wants anyway.

Right the NFL does not like defensive football,the casual fan is attracted to the game by scoring.This "fan base"buys a lot of NFL product. It's sad the direction the game has turned.

75Steeler
10-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Scores will be up into the hundreds by the end of the game with no defense :lol: I wonder if there is a way for the players to protest this crap?

PsychoWard
10-20-2010, 11:14 AM
What about the running back the leads with his head when plowing though the line!! how in the hell are you supposed to tackle him!! and will he be fined if he runs over someone with his head down??? When does it end?

LarryNJ
10-20-2010, 11:36 AM
What about the running back the leads with his head when plowing though the line!!

That's the definition of "Spearing" :) Speaking of which is that still a rule?

jnes1216
10-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Great job Commissioner, first dock their pay for bringing excitement to the game and then plan on cutting their health coverage as a bargaining tool for the upcoming labor negiotiations. I'm sure the owners have a hand in that but just sayin.....

KSSteelerfan
10-20-2010, 11:55 AM
My heavens.....how much more wussified is Goodell going to make this game. Geez just call this the National Flag Football League brought to you by the Comissioner who was voted in high school to be the biggest wuss. Why do they always have to have a non-athlete be in charge of such a huge operation like the NFL. Especially one that is such a huge Ravens fan.:imho:

Scorp
10-20-2010, 03:47 PM
:goodpost:

PsychoWard
10-21-2010, 09:32 AM
That's the definition of "Spearing" :) Speaking of which is that still a rule?

If it still is a rule is isn't inforced!

Farrior Fan
10-21-2010, 10:12 AM
If it still is a rule is isn't inforced!

Kind of like holding 92

--- Added 10/21/2010 at 09:12 AM ---

Apparently the letters that Anderson sent out to all the NFL teams reminds them that it's not just defensive players, but any player at any position can be punished if they don't play nice and put on their skirt before taking the field.

And don't forget to lace up those pink shoes:evilshake:

jpele
10-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Riddle me this:

Since the fines were handed out,how many times have you heard about Brett Favre ? Could this be Rogers way of sweeping it under the table ?