PDA

View Full Version : Keisel out against Dolphins

JensK
10-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel will not play Sunday in Miami because of a hamstring injury, coach Mike Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference.

Nick Eason or Ziggy Hood will replace Keisel in the starting lineup, Tomlin said.

The Steelers may also be a little shorthanded at right guard against the Dolphins.

Trai Essex is still recovering from a high ankle sprain and is questionable for Sunday.

Doug Legursky, who has started the last three games at right guard, sustained a sprained knee last Sunday though he returned to the game against the Browns.

Tomlin said he doesn't expect Legursky to be limited by the injury this week in practice.

Tomlin said today that he supports the NFL's stricter enforcement of the helmet-to-helmet contact rule, including the suspension of players who are disciplined by the NFL for violating the rule.

"I'm a proponent of players safety," Tomlin said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_705085.html

harpo
10-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Nick Eason or Ziggy Hood will replace Keisel in the starting lineup, Tomlin said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_705085.html

I can't wait to read ktrain's thoughts on this. :lol:

K Train
10-19-2010, 04:01 PM
cant wait to see who gets the start.

oh wait nevermind i already know its eason because eason is 10x the better option hood it

LatrobePA
10-19-2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

Troyisabeast_43
10-19-2010, 04:50 PM
The fact that Nick Eason is starting ahead of Ziggy Hood when there is an injury to either Keisel or Aaron Smith is not a very good sign on the progression of Ziggy Hood who is suppose to be a number 1 draft pick. Ziggy had better pick up this game and use this opportunity with Keisel out of the lineup to put his stamp on the starting job once and for all when one of these two men are out of the lineup...

LatrobePA
10-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Ziggy is a dud as of now...

HUNT4SEVEN
10-19-2010, 05:30 PM
The fact that Nick Eason is starting ahead of Ziggy Hood when there is an injury to either Keisel or Aaron Smith is not a very good sign on the progression of Ziggy Hood who is suppose to be a number 1 draft pick. Ziggy had better pick up this game and use this opportunity with Keisel out of the lineup to put his stamp on the starting job once and for all when one of these two men are out of the lineup...

Well said Troy... i was really hoping he would come around and be the beast Aaron Smith says he is, I will say this though it took Aaron and Kiesel some years before they became the beast that they are today in this system... i like Ziggy and i hope he pans out eventually:crossfingers:

UKSTEELER
10-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Kiesel ain't been no great shakes so far, I like Eason and see him getting the majority of the work, when Ziggy gets on the field he really needs to show up, time to hear his name called, I get the feeling he just isn't explosive enough, it's now or never for him, as next year we're gonna be drafting d'line pretty heavy!