PDA

View Full Version : THis has to be a joke....

TampaSteelGirl
10-19-2010, 12:02 PM
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/oct/19/191055/bucs-fans-ranked-nfls-fifth-best-in-website-report/sports-bucs/

Bucs fans ranked NFL's fifth best in website reportStaff file photo by CLIFF McBRIDE

The National Tailgating Index ranked the Bucs seventh. The report also weighed attendance and income.
By KEITH MORELLI | The Tampa Tribune

Published: October 19, 2010

The Daily Beast report

Is Graham the RB answer?
Huggins knee leaves few options
Bucs Report: Blog updates
vote
nowBuzz up!
Tampa Bay Buccaneers faithful are an elite band of fans and have been ranked among the best in the league in an unscientific survey done by The Daily Beast website.

The survey combines mathematical formulas involving attendance and per capita income with whimsical, nonspecific data on tailgating.

The survey ranked Bucs fans fifth out of the 32 teams in the National Football League, even though this year's three home games have not sold out and led to local television blackouts for the first time since 1997.

The Daily Beast, an online news and opinion site that boasts some 3 million users, took attendance figures over the past five years and gave more weight to the numbers if the team had a losing record. Last year, the Bucs won only three of 16 games, yet recorded sellouts for all seven home contests. The Daily Beast said the Bucs' average attendance was at 95 percent of capacity at Raymond James Stadium, and that ranked high compared with the 76 percent capacity of the Oakland Raiders, whose fans ranked last. Forty percent of the ranking was based on announced attendance from 2006 to present.

Also taken into account was the average cost to attend a game for a family of four $412.27 for Bucs games. The Daily Beast used the annual Team Marketing Report Fan Cost Index from 2006 to 2010 as a source. The cost was measured against the average per capita income for each city. The figure includes four average-priced tickets, two small draft beers, four small soft drinks, four regular-size hot dogs, parking for one car, two game programs and two team caps. The Bucs ranked seventh in tailgating, based on the National Tailgating Index, compiled by an "alliance of tailgating experts," The Daily Beast report said.

Ranked No. 1 overall was Dallas, where a family of four spends $515 a game to watch the Cowboys. Curiously, Dallas' tailgating was rated 26th of 32 teams, but attendance was 102 percent of capacity.

Between the Cowboys and the Bucs, in order, were the Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers and Cincinnati Bengals. The Baltimore Ravens were sixth overall, and No. 1 for tailgating. The Miami Dolphins ranked 19th overall, with 89 percent attendance and sixth on the tailgating list. A family of four fans in Miami spends an average of $363 a game.

The Jacksonville Jaguars were 28th overall, with 92 percent attendance. The Jaguars came in 14th in tailgating, and a family spends $290 a game.

Reaction to the survey came fast and furious on The Daily Beast website.

"I understand that occasionally a website will post the stupidest, most indefensible statement in order to stimulate conversation and/or to drive traffic, but I'll bite," wrote delund67. "This article is the equivalent of saying that the best way to travel from NYC to LA is on a Segway."

Many of those commenting were Pittsburgh Steelers fans ranked 20th who bashed the findings.

"Steelers No. 20? Bullpuckey," wrote Marknpgh289. "Steelers have the nation's most loyal fans. There is a Steeler bar in every decent sized town in America."

One commenter mentioned the Bucs:"Tampa Bay?" asked quotidian. "They're not even coming close to selling out, so they can't see games on TV."

:hilarious: :rofl: :rofl: :dunno: :dunno:

75Steeler
10-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Sounds like some serious bullshit to me! Sounds like someone is trying to pump their team up to be something more than they are.

TampaSteelGirl
10-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Well considering the Steelers vs Bucs game was a sea of black and gold 73/30 Steelers fans and they have blacked out their homes games here in Tampa..i'd lilke to know what this writer is sniffin!!! :dunno:

And especially the fact that the STEELERS are #20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lloydfan4life
10-19-2010, 12:21 PM
key words... "unscientific survey" :rofl:

the results of their survey are about as unscientific as you can get. :lol:

Steelers in 20th place.... :coffeecough:

:yikes: I think I just wet my pants laughing.

PsychoWard
10-20-2010, 10:19 AM
yea i call :bsflag:

SteelCityKid5
10-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I dont understand this.

Scorp
10-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Well considering the Steelers vs Bucs game was a sea of black and gold 73/30 Steelers fans and they have blacked out their homes games here in Tampa..i'd lilke to know what this writer is sniffin!!! :dunno:

And especially the fact that the STEELERS are #20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His own *** Tampa. The room he sits in smells like his *** crack. :yellowthumb: I guess that is his favorite air freshener. :grin1:

KSSteelerfan
10-20-2010, 05:35 PM
He probably plays Flag Football too in Roger Goodells fantasy flag football league.