PDA

View Full Version : Steelers in 2008 & 2010

Scorp
10-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Anybody noticed that the Steelers had a similar record in 2008 and are playing equally to that season or even better. Where did they end up? They ended up in Tampa baby. And walked out as 6X Super Bowl Champions. What are your thoughs?

Big T
10-18-2010, 02:07 PM
My thoughts are that we have a tough road game against a very good Miami dolphins team this week. That's as far as I'm looking.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-18-2010, 02:10 PM
My thoughts are that we have a tough road game against a very good Miami dolphins team this week. That's as far as I'm looking.

:yellowthumb: :plus1: I am worried about the pass defense...

Scorp
10-18-2010, 02:12 PM
What week will you start making your Super Bowl predictions that include the Steelers?

Steel Trap86
10-18-2010, 02:14 PM
lol i remember in 08 i called superbowl right after they beat the cowboys

if this team stays healthy they have a shot

that's all im gonna say now

Scorp
10-18-2010, 02:16 PM
10/4.

LatrobePA
10-18-2010, 02:30 PM
There really isn't a true dominant team in the NFL right now, so IMO it's open to any team...Granted I hope ours is one of them!!

Scorp
10-18-2010, 02:33 PM
There really isn't a true dominant team in the NFL right now, so IMO it's open to any team...Granted I hope ours is one of them!!

It will be Latrobe. The only team i see who can knock us out of the playoffs are the Benny & the Jets. I guess we can take it one game at a time.

TampaSteelGirl
10-18-2010, 02:38 PM

Me too T BUT IMO we could be even better than we were in 2008. Especially offensively!

--- Added 10/18/2010 at 12:38 PM ---

:yellowthumb: :plus1: I am worried about the pass defense...

Have to be honest...I"m a bit concerned my self here.

super cleats
10-18-2010, 02:43 PM
jets arn't that good, teams have just screwed up against them.

when sanchez plays badly he goes into a shell and doesnt come out of it all game.

Scorp
10-18-2010, 03:06 PM
jets arn't that good, teams have just screwed up against them.

when sanchez plays badly he goes into a shell and doesnt come out of it all game.

I know. One game at a time super cleats. We'll see how the season unfolds for every team.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-18-2010, 10:00 PM
If we stay healthy i really don't see nobody beating us:nono: the Jets, Dolphins are playing good ball right now and nobody else in the AFC or NFC as a matter of fact impresses me, but i like our chances against the Jets and the Fins next week because when Tomlin plays a team once he usually comes back with a better game plan the next time we play em,we will only get better as the season goes on,Ben came back at the right time...Once he gets into rhythm with the Offense we will be unstoppable imo, The O-Line reminds me of the 04 O-Line we had when Ben started and we went 15-1 he is real comfortable behind the O-Line and he didn't get sacked once yesterday:yellowthumb: that in itself is something to be happy about, and he's only gonna get better as he gets more reps,Our defense will get better also because the quality of our opponents the coming weeks are better and because we play to the level of our opponents...and so far our special teams have been doing their job so i really like our chances if we stay healthy:crossfingers:

Troyisabeast_43
10-18-2010, 10:14 PM
I do like to look ahead as everybody on this board knows at upcoming games and playoff scenarios and what not. But I will say this if Ben stays healthy and this defense continues to dominate like we all know it can and guys like Troy,Smith,and Harrison all stay healthy and their are no key key injuries on defense and Ill throw Woodley and Timmons in there as well, there is absolutely no reason what so ever that this Steelers team should not be hoisting that Lombardi Trophy on February 6th in Dallas for the 3rd time in 6 years...

Scorp
10-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Ben should stay healthy. The bastard had four week off. Now we have this Harrison to deal with. Don't want him to jump the Black and Gold Ship. He'll stay. Steelers will be fine.