PDA

View Full Version : Helmet to helmet hits this weekend.

LatrobePA
10-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Our boy Harrison had 1 for sure with Cribbs and another close one, both making headlines.

Thoughts???

Zachintosh66
10-18-2010, 09:48 AM
see the one on D-Jack from Philly?

Betcha Harrison get fined for at least one of em, both wouldnt surprise me tho

coldrolled
10-18-2010, 09:51 AM
see the one on D-Jack from Philly?

Betcha Harrison get fined for at least one of em, both wouldnt surprise me tho

he tackled cribbs. fine for what...

massaquooiiuiui maybe..

LatrobePA
10-18-2010, 10:24 AM
he tackled cribbs. fine for what...

massaquooiiuiui maybe..

I agree, but I bet the NFL looks at both of them and more than likely dish out fines...

A Pac
10-18-2010, 10:37 AM
A lot of Browns fans I know always call Harrison a dirty player. I don't know if that's true or not, but he definitely should be fined for yesterday. He gav two guys concussions and needs to he reprimanded. He could have seriously hurt someone.

coldrolled
10-18-2010, 11:01 AM
GB rodgers got hit in the head last week and there was no flag.... thats was 100% foul
and they lost the game with the INT.

Browns, your TJ Ward will be dealing out plenty of solid hits the next few years, i guess you will need to start a hard hit fine fund for him. since you cant hit anymore in the NFL..

Layin the wood
10-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Bring back the leather helmets!!!

steelersgal86
10-18-2010, 11:12 AM
they said on sirius this morning..that every team wishes they had a hard hitter like harrison...that is what football is all about...they loved it and said there should be no fine!!!

Big T
10-18-2010, 11:43 AM
The one on cribbs was legal. He'll probably be fined for the hit on Massaquoi though. Te argument will be because, though it wasn't helmet-to-helmet, it was a hit to the head of a defenseless receiver. He laid his shoulder right to his head. He'll probably get fined 10k, but I'm sure he'll tell you it was worth it.

"All he does is lift weights and punch babies" - my cousin, on James Harrison...

steelersgal86
10-18-2010, 11:46 AM
"I never try to injure anyone, but I'm not opposed to hurting anyone," Harrison said in the Steelers' locker room. "There's a difference. When you're injured, you can't play. But when you're hurt, you can shake it off and come back. I try to hurt people."

igor0190
10-18-2010, 12:23 PM
"I never try to injure anyone, but I'm not opposed to hurting anyone," Harrison said in the Steelers' locker room. "There's a difference. When you're injured, you can't play. But when you're hurt, you can shake it off and come back. I try to hurt people."

LOVE IT! I might just go buy one of his jerseys after reading this! :cope:

LatrobePA
10-18-2010, 12:27 PM
When a WR playing in the WC offense runs into the gut of a D-line / LB'rs he deserves to get the **** knocked out of him. I for one loved the hit, but it's making a lot of neg talk this Monday...

Scorp
10-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Bring back the leather helmets!!!

I'm with you on that. Leather and lace for the sissy quarterbacks. :yellowthumb:
Harrison's hit/tackle was just sweet poetry.

ejsteeler
10-18-2010, 01:31 PM
It's football at full speed. Just because there happened to be alot of hits this weekend doesn't mean it is time to panic like the media apparently wants. Helmet-helmet is a fact of life and they do not need to change anything else. It's easy to tell a flagrant hit and those should be penalized and fined. However, rule changes are over the top. Most, not all, of the hits I saw looked good. If you're going full speed and someone lowers their head as you hit them, how can you avoid that? You can't. To take away the aggression of the game lessens the game. :imho:

Scorp
10-18-2010, 01:36 PM
:goodpost:

steelersbabex25
10-18-2010, 06:39 PM
A lot of Browns fans I know always call Harrison a dirty player. I don't know if that's true or not, but he definitely should be fined for yesterday. He gav two guys concussions and needs to he reprimanded. He could have seriously hurt someone.

Spoken like a Browns fan. No offense, but if you weren't a Browns fan, you would be saying the hit on Cribbs was 100% legal, Massaquoi, eh, it's questionable. The hit on Cribbs (Mike and Mike said it best this morning) Cribbs had the ball, he was rushing, Harrison made a play. It wasn't a dirty hit, it was just a tackle. If he gets fined for that a lot of people are going to be very upset.

LatrobePA
10-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Harrison has one gear, all out! You don't like it, watch tennis!

SteelerEyeZ
10-18-2010, 07:06 PM
( I am venting )

I am only 25 years old but I LOVE watching the old Steeler videos of Ham and Mean Joe putting an *** Kicking on everyone. Those where great days, and no one bitched. You could head slap, basically punch, and hit as hard as you could.

Now with today I know the whole push on Concussions and how they lead to early Alzheimer's and so on. But I am very well educated in this field as about to finish my doctorate up in a year and I say this is not the problem the world is facing today. Over 50% of todays youth is obsess which is the leading cause of diabetes and hypertension. SO if the NFL wants to say we need to make it safer for EVEYONE its crap, its just the players. Fine I am okay with that. BUT, DONT advertise it. Those BIG hits are used in NFL videos and as a tool to sell the NFL logo. Also, people have to realize everyday people get head injuries. I have a few and one that put me in the hospital from High School WRESTLING!!!! Did i get paid MILLIONS to play? NO. These players are paid higher then anyone in the world and to play a game they love. With high rewards (payment to play) come high risk. Im sorry but give me 1 million dollars and I would let Harrison have a 50 yard running dash shot at me a few times a week for 16 weeks. I agree no helmet to helmet but they are going to start making to much of this. THey will take away part of the game. Instead of paying money to the players and to all the BS people they give money too come up with a new helmet. Who ever does a national study and can prove a certain helmet will lower head injury will be insanely rich. 2nd THEY SHOULD HAVE IN MOUTH GUARDS!!!! Over 30% of all head injurys (beside CVA's) occur from the lower jaw slamming into the top of the jaw (for simplest terms).

NFL WAKE UP!!!! Don't turn this into flag football.

Harrison you are beast and as long as you keep playing hard you will NEVER get hurt...As in any sport if you are aggressive you never get hurt its when you let up and don't go 100% is when injuries happen.

Sorry for venting just fuming over all this crap

GO STEELERS:tt02::tt02::tt02:

steelersbabex25
10-18-2010, 07:16 PM

:rofl: I LOVE THAT. I'm gonna have to make that into a new sig sometime soon.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-18-2010, 07:26 PM
( I am venting )

I am only 25 years old but I LOVE watching the old Steeler videos of Ham and Mean Joe putting an *** Kicking on everyone. Those where great days, and no one bitched. You could head slap, basically punch, and hit as hard as you could.

Now with today I know the whole push on Concussions and how they lead to early Alzheimer's and so on. But I am very well educated in this field as about to finish my doctorate up in a year and I say this is not the problem the world is facing today. Over 50% of todays youth is obsess which is the leading cause of diabetes and hypertension. SO if the NFL wants to say we need to make it safer for EVEYONE its crap, its just the players. Fine I am okay with that. BUT, DONT advertise it. Those BIG hits are used in NFL videos and as a tool to sell the NFL logo. Also, people have to realize everyday people get head injuries. I have a few and one that put me in the hospital from High School WRESTLING!!!! Did i get paid MILLIONS to play? NO. These players are paid higher then anyone in the world and to play a game they love. With high rewards (payment to play) come high risk. Im sorry but give me 1 million dollars and I would let Harrison have a 50 yard running dash shot at me a few times a week for 16 weeks. I agree no helmet to helmet but they are going to start making to much of this. THey will take away part of the game. Instead of paying money to the players and to all the BS people they give money too come up with a new helmet. Who ever does a national study and can prove a certain helmet will lower head injury will be insanely rich. 2nd THEY SHOULD HAVE IN MOUTH GUARDS!!!! Over 30% of all head injurys (beside CVA's) occur from the lower jaw slamming into the top of the jaw (for simplest terms).

NFL WAKE UP!!!! Don't turn this into flag football.

Harrison you are beast and as long as you keep playing hard you will NEVER get hurt...As in any sport if you are aggressive you never get hurt its when you let up and don't go 100% is when injuries happen.

Sorry for venting just fuming over all this crap

GO STEELERS:tt02::tt02::tt02:

We're all sick to death of the NFL turning this into a peewee league where everyone gets fined for just looking at each funny. Hell they hand out fines when the players curse too much at each other. It's ridiculous. There is just cause to do all you can to help promote safety by teaching good technique, improving equipment the players where, etc. but when it comes down to it this is a violent game, period. You assume that risk when you sign that contract. 99.99% of hits are never meant to be malicious or with evil intent on harming someone. It's football, it's violent, big hits happen in the heat of the moment. You can't punish someone for doing their job.

SteelerEyeZ
10-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Check this link out....you don't hear anyone saying anything about TJ Ward hitting Mendy in the head with his helmet....Flag football anyone??? come on be serious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTs0SRwDmOs

nuclearchihuahuas
10-18-2010, 08:11 PM

This is football not basket weaving--players get hurt. Both hits were analyzed on nfl network and declared clean--he lead with his shoulder--I am interested to see how the league decides.

Real Deal Steel
10-19-2010, 01:43 AM
The league is trying to sissify the game. Period. We are one of the most physical teams in the NFL, they want to find a way to put skirts on everybody and take away our physicality.

steelersgal86
10-19-2010, 07:32 AM
:rofl: I LOVE THAT. I'm gonna have to make that into a new sig sometime soon.

:lol: I know...when I read it I loved it...I dont injury people...But I try to hurt people :woot:

SteelDad
10-19-2010, 08:41 AM
I am so pissed off about this persistent over-reaction by the League. I'll be writing an article later for the 'articles' section because I have too damn much to say to put it here.:rant2:

LatrobePA
10-19-2010, 09:42 AM
It's going to get dicey to say the least if they try to make these calls w/ out review!!

SteelDad
10-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Article has been posted. Read on in the 'articles' section.

TampaSteelGirl
10-19-2010, 10:59 AM
All I know is the other head to head collisions with the other teams were blanant head to head....Harrison's didn't look diliberant. The 2nd hit looked a bit weird but the one on Cribbs didn't look like that..it was more from the side as he was going down to the ground.

LatrobePA
10-19-2010, 11:07 AM
It'll change the way the game is played....How do you retrain these guys that all their life are instructed to seperate the ball. This whole discussion is stupid, you have one FREAK Sunday where there are a few smack downs and now we're changing the way the game is played forever!!

jnes1216
10-19-2010, 02:34 PM
"All he does is lift weights and punch babies" - my cousin, on James Harrison...

That's hysterical:lol: