PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Next Few Weeks

coach
10-17-2010, 06:22 PM
I know we have to play one game at a time, but tough few weeks coming up.

Week 7:
Pitt @ Mia
Bal Buf
Cin @ Atl

Advantage: Bal

Week 8:
Pitt @ NO
Bal Bye
Cin Mia

Advantage: NA

Week 9:
Pitt @ Cin
Bal Mia
Cin Pitt

Advantage: ??

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2010, 06:41 PM
All are winnable games, and not as intimidating as it might have seemed earlier in the year or in the offseason when we first saw the schedule. Right now we can win on any given week but that doesn't mean we will or that it will be easy. If this team stays focused, the sky is the limit. They have to guard against going back to the mentality of years past where they blow late game leads, lose to teams they shouldn't, and just generally don't play the way they are capable of.

airbrake 1
10-17-2010, 06:44 PM
i'm sure we can win at least 2/3 of these game...i just hate not having a home game for a month...i love going to heinz field

jnes1216
10-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Very easily 2-1, but very easily 0-3. Just depends on the mindset. The game is won and lost on the line of scrimmage, regardless of who's QB. Control the line, control the game. With Pouncey's addition, that mindset is very achievable. Work the game from the inside out and these are victories.

SteelJunkie
10-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Gonna be tough but they are all winnable.

mwittman5
10-17-2010, 07:22 PM
keep the ground game going and keeping other teams offense on the sidelines and this team will dominate. then when the other teams do get on the field they face a rested steeler D

Black@Gold Forever32
10-17-2010, 07:59 PM
I hate to sound like I'm knocking the defense today but besides Harrison it seemed like defense didn't have the same edge today since Ben was back......They can't play like in these next three games.......

Steelers could win all three if they bring their A-game each week...........Each three teams have a much better offense then the Brownies..........

I think the Steelers go 2-1 but I'm hoping for 3-0 in the next three.......

Looking at those three weeks....Wouldn't shock me if the Bungles lost all three of their games and the Ratbirds won their next two..........Ravens will destroy Buffalo.......

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2010, 09:01 PM
The defense was definitely flat at time today, especially the secondary. I would say at this point I would chalk most of it up the bye week. We traditionally come out somewhat flat after getting a week off and the defense definitely had some issues today. Overall this year they have been stoudt, so I look for them to bounce back next week. They better because playing Miami will force them to do that or they'll get gouged all day long by that crazy wildcat stuff they run down there.

LatrobePA
10-17-2010, 09:44 PM
With the way McCoy picked at our secondary today I only worry about Brees...

Diamondhead
10-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah, they better tighten up for Brees. He's a whole different level than McCoy.

Blazedby92
10-17-2010, 10:06 PM
I'd worry about Brees even if McCoy didn't pick on our secondary plus Mccoy might not be too bad?

Troyisabeast_43
10-17-2010, 10:56 PM
All the Steelers have to do is stay even with the Ravens or one game behind them in the loss column as long as one of their losses is not to the Bengals in a few weeks before their meeting on December 5th in Baltimore and they will be fine. The Ravens still have a few tough games coming up against Miami in 2 weeks who is undefeated on the road,and then they go to Atlanta on a short week on a Thursday night. So the Steelers just need to keep winning and they will be in control of the North. If they are going to lose any games here over the next few weeks hopefully it's to the Saints seeing that it's a non-conference game and wont count against any tiebrakers in the AFC later on in the year...

nuclearchihuahuas
10-17-2010, 11:02 PM
I worry about Brees as well...our secondary isn't as stellar as I would like it to be. First, beat Miami...then worry about N.O. Of course, I hope we destroy the bungals--that's a given

SnakeEyes43
10-18-2010, 12:33 AM
I'd worry about Brees even if McCoy didn't pick on our secondary plus Mccoy might not be too bad?

McCoy has been compared to a young Brees actually. Not the biggest guy or the biggest arm, but he has great accuracy.

Real Deal Steel
10-18-2010, 12:40 AM
The Saints game does concern me. Especially when they get to rocking and rolling in New Orleans.

We will need to feature the running game to control the time of possession that game to maximize our defensive stops on Brees. That will be the key to that game. Score and use the clock, get defensive stops, and then score while using the clock some more.

coldrolled
10-18-2010, 07:53 AM
The Saints game does concern me. Especially when they get to rocking and rolling in New Orleans.

We will need to feature the running game to control the time of possession that game to maximize our defensive stops on Brees. That will be the key to that game. Score and use the clock, get defensive stops, and then score while using the clock some more.

Miami needs to run the ball to win the game. so we have advantage in that game..

NO doesnt need to run to win, we are at a disadvantage with them..

i think they won the SB with 33 yards on the ground.