PDA

View Full Version : First Place.....ALONE!

Real Deal Steel
10-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Well, the Rat Birds got what they deserved today and now the Universe is back in it's proper order.

What I like is that our team is still ascending and has a lot more upside then what they've shown so far. If you look at it in that context, you've got to like our chances of having the best record in the AFC.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2010, 06:05 PM
They had a 10 point lead twice in that game and allowed the Patriots to come back. I was thinking it might end up in a tie the way they were going there for a while. Smart move by Belichick to kick on 3rd down just in case.

All in all, alone in first place and win today, just doesn't get much better than that. Now it's up to us to stay there.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-17-2010, 06:07 PM
I have got to believe the offense can only get better from here--I was reasonably impressed with the play of the o-line. I can't stand how poorly the D was playing in the second half especially the 4th quarter--I am guessing it was prevent by design--but man it really sucked to watch. The job got done and Ben got some rust off. On to Miami!

SteelJunkie
10-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Feels good now hopefully we can put some more distance on them next week.

steelersbabex25
10-17-2010, 06:08 PM
:dance: Maybe now all those homer Ravens fans will shut up,

HUNT4SEVEN
10-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Right were we belong number one baby!! Now it's up to us to take care of business the rest of the way win the divison first then win in the playoffs and finish up with the 7th trophy in Feb, Go Steelers have anyone heard anything o the Injuries we had today?

Troyisabeast_43
10-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Joe squated to pee in OT today throwing into triple coverage on 3rd down and 6 in OT when the Ravens were in Pats territory driving to kick the winning FG. The bottom line is every single loss by the Ratbirds helps and the Steelers have a chance to pad their lead in the division as long as they keep winning now...

jpele
10-17-2010, 06:37 PM
How can I say thank you Pats without getting sick ?

dunfbe
10-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Rats still look like a better team than Pats even if they lost (glad they did of course). With Ben back though I like our chances against either :banana:

Troyisabeast_43
10-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Flacco was awful today in the 4th quarter and especially in OT. He panicked in the pocket and made some terrible decisions when the game was on the line. I got news for you Joe the game you won here in Pittsburgh that made you an "elite" QB like some people were saying is done now and you have to do it week in and week out if you are going to be considered a great QB. And today Joe Cool you **** the bed big time just like you will **** the bed next time you face the Steelers in December...Wonder if Flacco says hi will be on the boards this week?? ****ing troll doesnt have the balls to show up on here when the Ravens lose and the Steelers win. But as soon as the Ravens win and the Steelers lose the balless wonder shows up...

HUNT4SEVEN
10-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Flacco was awful today in the 4th quarter and especially in OT. He panicked in the pocket and made some terrible decisions when the game was on the line. I got news for you Joe the game you won here in Pittsburgh that made you an "elite" QB like some people were saying is done now and you have to do it week in and week out if you are going to be considered a great QB. And today Joe Cool you **** the bed big time just like you will **** the bed next time you face the Steelers in December...Wonder if Flacco says hi will be on the boards this week?? ****ing troll doesnt have the balls to show up on here when the Ravens lose and the Steelers win. But as soon as the Ravens win and the Steelers lose the balless wonder shows up...

:clap::clap: WELL said Troy, I'm glad u all finally see this troll for what he is...a loser who can only talk smack when we lose and the rats win...How can I say thank you Pats without getting sick ? I'm with u Jpele on that one:lol:

steelersbabex25
10-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Flacco was awful today in the 4th quarter and especially in OT. He panicked in the pocket and made some terrible decisions when the game was on the line.

What else is new?

super cleats
10-17-2010, 07:34 PM
haha you lost today, hahahaha my weekend has been sooooooooooooo good

san deigo steroid chargers lose
the jets choking it away
lmao green bay pre-season favorites wont get to the playoffs at the end
LMAO RATBIRDS CHOKE AWAY 2 BIG LEADS
HARRISON DESTROYS 2 PLAYERS IN 1 QUARTER

I rate my weekend 9.5/10.

dunfbe
10-17-2010, 07:35 PM
The problem with Joe Flaky is that you don't know what you'll get with him. He looked like a rabbit in headlights by the end today, yet he did what he did against us on the last drive 2 weeks ago... Elite, no way. I hope his luck runs out cos the Rats don't have the running game they thought they had

airbrake 1
10-17-2010, 07:39 PM
where is old joe flake-o says hi telling us how spoiled we are now...yeah joe waiting:tt02:

steelersbabex25
10-17-2010, 07:40 PM
haha you lost today, hahahaha my weekend has been sooooooooooooo good

san deigo steroid chargers lose
the jets choking it away
lmao green bay pre-season favorites wont get to the playoffs at the end
LMAO RATBIRDS CHOKE AWAY 2 BIG LEADS
HARRISON DESTROYS 2 PLAYERS IN 1 QUARTER

I rate my weekend 9.5/10.

What happened to the other .5 :scratch:

steelersbabex25
10-17-2010, 07:45 PM
The problem with Joe Flaky is that you don't know what you'll get with him. He looked like a rabbit in headlights by the end today, yet he did what he did against us on the last drive 2 weeks ago... Elite, no way. I hope his luck runs out cos the Rats don't have the running game they thought they had

Anytime could do that to us on their last drive. Steelers always seem to play prevent defense in the last 5 minutes of any game, regardless of the circumstances. If you'll notice, most (if not all) of the opponents touchdowns have come in the last few minutes of the fourth quarter. Soo annoying.

jnes1216
10-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Joe Flacco is the new Trent Dilfer. Until he proves it with a crucial drive, I'll put him in the same category as Eli Manning and some of the other so called elite QB's. Big Ben, imo, proved his status with the SB game winning drive. Eli had a great catch elevate his status in the big game, give me something in the regular season or playoffs to prove Flaccos status, until then, (and like Ben in earlier Steeler teams, not now), he's a good QB on a better team. Ray Rice and the D are the driving forces on that team, not Flaccos play. I'll take Ben over that pizza delivering fool anyday.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-17-2010, 09:17 PM
where is old joe flake-o says hi telling us how spoiled we are now...yeah joe waiting:tt02:

Won't see jfnfsh until the turds win another one. Hopefully not for a long time. LOL

Oh yeah, thanks new englan.

Blazedby92
10-17-2010, 11:11 PM
How can I say thank you Pats without getting sick ?

:plus1::plus1:

:plus1::nahnah::popcorn:

LarryNJ
10-18-2010, 12:04 AM

I only saw the last few minutes of the 4th and OT but I agree with you.

It's nice to be in 1st but it's really nothing the shout about this early in the year.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-18-2010, 01:18 AM
Joe squated to pee in OT today throwing into triple coverage on 3rd down and 6 in OT when the Ravens were in Pats territory driving to kick the winning FG. The bottom line is every single loss by the Ratbirds helps and the Steelers have a chance to pad their lead in the division as long as they keep winning now...

I love seeing Joe Flacco fail when it counts........I did feel really dirty rooting for the Pats today......lol I always hate rooting for Marsha Brady and the Pats.......But a Ravens loss was so huge today so I was happy......... :yellowthumb:

The Steelers just need to come out next week and put the Dolphins away........Ben has a game under his belt now and should be more in sync next week.....I would test the Dolphins secondary early in the game.....You know the Phins will come out looking to stop the run especially since the Steelers running game has been so effective all season so far........I dare the Dolphins to blitz and play man coverage....Mike Wallace will have a field day if they do so........

Real Deal Steel
10-18-2010, 01:25 AM

Exactly!!! That loser is nowhere to be found now.

--- Added 10/17/2010 at 11:25 PM ---

I can't wait to see Henne keep trying to force the ball to Marshall. I think we are going to see Troy make some int's next week on Mr. Henne. hahahahaha.

Steelers 31 Dolphins 13

SteelCityKid5
10-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Exploit that secondary and put the cruise on to victory. To me, I dont trust Ed Reed being back there with the time he has missed and his injuries. He can still play dont get me wrong Im just saying I dont trust him that much anymore and who knows maybe he'll pull and LT and prove me wrong. I feel if the Ravens play a team who spreads the ball and has weapons 1-4 WR's they can be exploited. I feel as though the Pats were a little taste of the spread and I feel the Steelers can be the same.

Scorp
10-18-2010, 01:35 PM
:goodpost:

SteelCityKid5
10-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Joe Flacco is the new Trent Dilfer. Until he proves it with a crucial drive, I'll put him in the same category as Eli Manning and some of the other so called elite QB's. Big Ben, imo, proved his status with the SB game winning drive. Eli had a great catch elevate his status in the big game, give me something in the regular season or playoffs to prove Flaccos status, until then, (and like Ben in earlier Steeler teams, not now), he's a good QB on a better team. Ray Rice and the D are the driving forces on that team, not Flaccos play. I'll take Ben over that pizza delivering fool anyday.

Are you talking a crucial drive in the playoffs or a big game? Not saying he is all world but did you watch the end of the Steelers/Ravens game this year at Heinz? And trust me, Im not saying Flacco is elite, Im just questioning your statement a bit.

Scorp
10-18-2010, 01:37 PM

ejsteeler
10-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Alright, you guys leave Joesayshi alone. He's a good guy who cheers his team the best way he konws.......ok, I can't do it, coffee just squirted out of my nose......:lol:
:cope:

Scorp
10-18-2010, 01:53 PM

steelersbabex25
10-18-2010, 06:41 PM

Really? Why not just say :+1:

jnes1216
10-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Are you talking a crucial drive in the playoffs or a big game? Not saying he is all world but did you watch the end of the Steelers/Ravens game this year at Heinz? And trust me, Im not saying Flacco is elite, Im just questioning your statement a bit.

Yes I watched the end of the game. This would be the same drive where he moved his team against a prevent defense and then hit a wide open WR for the go ahead score. Yea, great, good job. Elite status to me would be wanting a certain QB when your team is losing and there is little time left on the clock. Whether it be playoffs or shown consistently through the regular season. Stats can play into it somewhat, but Kyle Orton was leading the league in passing this week, so they can sometimes be misleading. Come from behind victories are not. I thought Flaccos drive at the end was no spectacular feat and I would say the same thing if it had been Ben. He took what the defense gave him and it resulted in a big divisional win. One good drive doesn't cut it for me.

lloydfan4life
10-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Alright, you guys leave Joesayshi alone. He's a good guy who cheers his team the best way he konws.......ok, I can't do it, coffee just squirted out of my nose......:lol:
:cope:

:coffeecough:
Thanks EJ!... the same thing just happened to me reading your post. :rofl:

ejsteeler
10-18-2010, 09:23 PM
anytime lloyd