PDA

View Full Version : Timmons was the right choice

super cleats
10-17-2010, 05:00 PM
man i wanted revis back in 2007, i actually like timmons a lot more now. glad we picked him.

better person, less selfish and probably will turn into a better player, well this season he has been the best linebacker in the league NO QUESTION.

changed your thread title so people know what it's about...BRC

Real Deal Steel
10-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Timmons is all over the field. I wonder why he isn't getting more notoriety?

jnes1216
10-17-2010, 05:05 PM

I think its coming. Just like Heath Miller, once announcers cover the game they usually mention Timmons and Miller as both underrated. Just like with Aaron Smith. He'll get his due. He's on a stacked defense, with Hampton and the d-line letting Timmons be the clean up. Timmons closing speed is his greatest asset though, he really can seal the deal.

Real Deal Steel
10-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Timmons closing speed is in the Lawrence Taylor catagory. Seriously.

steelersbabex25
10-17-2010, 05:10 PM

When you're playing alongside Polamalu and Harrison, it's pretty easy to fade into the background.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2010, 06:39 PM
When you're playing alongside Polamalu and Harrison, it's pretty easy to fade into the background.

That's a good point; this Steelers linebacking corp is the best that we've seen in a long time, and that is saying something considering how good we always are at that position. Harrison and Woodley get most of the press but Timmons is just flat out beasting on everybody this year.

airbrake 1
10-17-2010, 06:41 PM
where are all the timmons is a bust folks now the guy is coming into his own and i only expect him to get better

jnes1216
10-17-2010, 06:53 PM
where are all the timmons is a bust folks now the guy is coming into his own and i only expect him to get better

He's coming into his 4th season, he should be making these plays. I love the guy and think his speed closing to the ball carrier is amazing, but his first two years were unimpressive. As a fan, I wanted the Kendrell Bell performance rookie year as the 1st rd. draft pick but the performance now was worth the wait. His hammy was an issue rookie year, but as of now, I wouldn't want anyone else.

mwittman5
10-17-2010, 07:20 PM
stats thru 5 games:
59 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 FF, 1 INT

compare that to ray lewis stats (hes played 6 games) and timmons has been out of this world good

SteelJunkie
10-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Timmons is a beast this year.

greennick
10-17-2010, 08:46 PM
We certainly know how to pick and develop linebackers. :cope:

K Train
10-17-2010, 08:49 PM
always loved the pick....it was a pretty obvious one at the time. i would have HATED adam carriker or revis who they coveted that year.

i make it known that i was way wrong on revis as a player...he made me look like an idiot.

i loved hearing that timmons put on all that weight this year, hes such a ****ing beast

Blazedby92
10-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Wanted Revis but I'm alright with Timmons, especially now

MattyVfromCT
10-17-2010, 10:48 PM
That's a good point; this Steelers linebacking corp is the best that we've seen in a long time, and that is saying something considering how good we always are at that position. Harrison and Woodley get most of the press but Timmons is just flat out beasting on everybody this year.

i think this linebacking corps might be better than the 90's. very close though cuz that was a beast of a lb corps

Real Deal Steel
10-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Can't wait to see the Ratvens again. With our offense scoring and putting pressure on their offense to keep up, Timmons and company will be turned loose to knock
Joe Flako-o and company's head in the dirt.

super cleats
10-18-2010, 10:50 AM
I love timmonsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

BEASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

LatrobePA
10-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Quietly our best LB'r...

indy_steelers
10-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Timmons to the Pro-Bowl. Vote early and often. It should not be long until the voting starts.

xxxsteelernation
10-18-2010, 02:50 PM
i hope aaron smith makes it to the hall he's my fav player

harpo
10-18-2010, 02:51 PM
i think this linebacking corps might be better than the 90's. very close though cuz that was a beast of a lb corps

It's interesting that you say that because Steve Marriuci said yesterday morning on Game Day, that their LBing core was "...the best ever assembled!"

Silverback
10-18-2010, 03:10 PM
i hope aaron smith makes it to the hall he's my fav player

Not that I wouldn't love to see it but the chances are slim to none. There's still some great players waiting that have way better criteria than smith will ever have.

scott0326
10-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Not that I wouldn't love to see it but the chances are slim to none. There's still some great players waiting that have way better criteria than smith will ever have.

Agreed... However, I think there is a legit chance some other players on this D eventually end up in hall of fame.

STEELER 4 LIFE
10-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Can't wait to see the Ratvens again. With our offense scoring and putting pressure on their offense to keep up, Timmons and company will be turned loose to knock
Joe Flako-o and company's head in the dirt.

Its gonna be nasty. Payback will be sweeeet !!! You know that losing to the ratbirds is the worst, our d will be out for blood. When will ed reed be back? Ward can :banging: knock that rat bastard out again.:lol::hilarious:

U-united
S-steeler
A-addicts

super cleats
10-19-2010, 01:52 PM
i love timmons