PDA

View Full Version : Harrison takes out both Cribbs and Massaquoi!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Silverback was out for blood today on those hits. I think Cribbs is still seeing James dancing around in his head.

You can't say you're ever happy to see a player get injured, but in a case like Cribbs whose proven he can be a killer to us, I wasn't unhappy seeing him leave the game. Clean hits to the ball carriers; there is no flags for helmet to helmet contact in those situations. I just can't help but get chills seeing him take out player after player on any given week.

jnes1216
10-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Harrison was definitely trying to lead this team by example today. Clev. was sticking around the first half and I think Silverback was taking that personally. He was trying to set the tone for sure, that hit on Cribbs was nasty.
Sylvester had a nice hit on special teams today too.

SteelJunkie
10-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Was nice to see Harrison playing angry.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2010, 04:23 PM
In Tomlin's presser after the game he commented that both hits were legal and should not be fines.

super cleats
10-17-2010, 04:25 PM
81dS21QTgkQ

j3Apij_vGGE

--- Added 10/17/2010 at 03:25 PM ---

lmao crucified.

jnes1216
10-17-2010, 04:26 PM
The hit on Massaq. was too quick for him to avoid a helmet to helmet. More than likely he'll get fined for one of them, that's just how it is these days.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-17-2010, 04:26 PM
I was hoping he would take out McCoy too! LOL! Oh well, 2 out of 3 aint bad! :tt02:

Real Deal Steel
10-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Hey, where is that cornball Ravens fan now?? The one who's been posting all over talking smack to us???? I guess now that the Ravens got whipped on, we won't be seeing too much of him now huh??? hahahahaha

--- Added 10/17/2010 at 03:49 PM ---

We really laid the smack down today. The way were suppose to. Woah to all the teams that have to cross our path now.

We let the Browns know that we win the fight, and the game.

steelersbabex25
10-17-2010, 04:49 PM
He'll definitely get fined for the helmet to helmet hit. He shouldn't, but he will. Just the way it is.

Real Deal Steel
10-17-2010, 04:54 PM
He'll definitely get fined for the helmet to helmet hit. He shouldn't, but he will. Just the way it is.

Yeah..he'll get fined. But the message was sent. Same way we sent a message to Vince Young we we planted him in the ground. Were sending meassages to everyone in the league. THE SHERIFF IS BACK IN TOWN. AND THE NAME IS THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!

HUNT4SEVEN
10-17-2010, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=Real Deal Steel;368898]Hey, where is that cornball Ravens fan now?? The one who's been posting all over talking smack to us???? I guess now that the Ravens got whipped on, we won't be seeing too much of him now huh??? hahahahaha

RIGHT... that's how he has always been:yesnod:, I hate the Cheaters but i'm glad they beat the Rats:tt02: GO STEELERS...

dunfbe
10-17-2010, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=Real Deal Steel;368898]Hey, where is that cornball Ravens fan now?? The one who's been posting all over talking smack to us???? I guess now that the Ravens got whipped on, we won't be seeing too much of him now huh??? hahahahaha

RIGHT... that's how he has always been:yesnod:, I hate the Cheaters but i'm glad they beat the Rats:tt02: GO STEELERS...

Too right - hard to cheer the evil one in his hoodie but was I ever happy to see that FG go thru !!:greenbounce2:

nuclearchihuahuas
10-17-2010, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=SIXBURGH;368953]

Too right - hard to cheer the evil one in his hoodie but was I ever happy to see that FG go thru !!:greenbounce2:

:plus1::plus1::yellowthumb:

DanRooney
10-17-2010, 05:53 PM
JoeFlaccoSaysHi is hiding until they win or we lose. He'll be back.

coach
10-17-2010, 05:56 PM
I think this a big win; not our best game, but it will get better.

I think McCoy did better than I excpected so we may need to keep an eye on how he progresses.

I was happy the Rats blew a lead in 4th to lose.

Clevelandsux
10-18-2010, 09:52 PM
He'll get fined because of all that happened this weekend. I went to the game, but watched it over. Neither seemed that bad too me.

mwittman5
10-18-2010, 11:25 PM
so the NFL is suspending for "devastating hits" now. well every time james hits somebody its devastating so what he cant tackle now? :nahnah:

STEELER 4 LIFE
10-18-2010, 11:38 PM
JoeFlaccoSaysHi is hiding until they win or we lose. He'll be back.

Joe Fuko Says Hi is a rat bastard. Guess the ratbirds weren't who he thought they were. I hate the pats, but they bitch slapped ratbirds and i LOVED it !!!:hilarious:

U-united
S-steeler
A-addicts

--- Added 10/18/2010 at 10:38 PM ---

Both them hits were str8 sic. The hit on cribbs was big !!! He crippled their return game,wildcat offense and took out a rec with one nasty hit.:tt02:

U-united
S-steeler
A-addicts

Real Deal Steel
10-19-2010, 12:31 AM
Here's the problem:

The NFL is trying to legislate violence out of a game who's basic fundamental is violent. There are going to be injuries in the game. That's just what it is. As long as the hits are not helmet to helmet, then they should be aloud. The game is, what it is.

At the rate there going, their going to make the game into syncronized swimming or something.

GoBenGo
10-19-2010, 12:34 AM
''I thought Cribbs was asleep,'' Harrison said. ''A hit like that geeks you up, especially when you find out the guy is not really hurt, he's just sleeping. He's knocked out but he's going to be OK.''
...man am I glad he's on our side....

....smile 'n wave, boys..smile'n wave...

Steel Trap86
10-19-2010, 12:37 AM
The Cribbs hit was a head shot, he lead with his helmet, Cribbs' head was the target and he hit him with Bad intentions.

I love it, but he's gonna get hit with a nice fine and probably a threat of suspension

JensK
10-19-2010, 10:25 AM
The Cribbs hit was a head shot, he lead with his helmet, Cribbs' head was the target and he hit him with Bad intentions.

I love it, but he's gonna get hit with a nice fine and probably a threat of suspension

The league have said that the hit against Cribbs was a legal hit. The other one, not so much.

Personally, I am never rooting for people getting injured, and I don't like to see players laying motionless on the ground because of a blow to the head, but that is sadly the nature of this game. Everything happens so fast there, sometimes it just happens. Most of the times, it's not even the defenders fault. There could have happened a million things to cause the helmet-to-helmet. Another defender could have pushed the ball-carrier , he could have tripped (as could the defender), he could have made a juke-move etc. etc. Obviously, these kind of things happen. Noone, not even Harrison, is trying to lead with the helmet first, as it is not a good way to tackle (technique-wise), and you'll more likely than not get a 15y penalty on the play.

LatrobePA
10-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Cribbs was talking crap about the "all mighty" Steelers D, IMO he put the target on himself....

<QUOTE>Cribbs made a mistake before the game. He boasted that he and his teammates weren't afraid of the "big, bad Steelers,'' as he called them. An unfortunate choice of words, it turned out.

Fanforlife
10-19-2010, 11:03 AM
He'll get fined because of all that happened this weekend. I went to the game, but watched it over. Neither seemed that bad too me.
Hey Clevelandsux, I'm from ohio too. Right near youngstown. Me & my husband went to the game also. Wasn't it awesome? By the way when we went to the game I didn't see to many clowns fans there,maybe one or two. The one clown fan was on the gateway clipper and I really rub it in to him of course! 65,168 people were @ the game!

Steel Trap86
10-19-2010, 11:05 AM
The league have said that the hit against Cribbs was a legal hit. The other one, not so much.

lol he tried to knock his head off his shoulders! Just look at it, he leads with his helmet and smokes Cribbs right in his ****ing head! and it looks like he tried to KO him! bad intentions! like I said I loved the hits just like any other steeler fan who saw them, Clark on McGahee was one of my favourites of all time, but the one on Cribbs wasn't legit, more like attempt murder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLXJy3dap3o

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2010, 11:06 AM
You can hit helmet to helmet when it's a ball carrier, people all of the sudden are crying foul over a legal hit. The only time you should get flagged, fined, or otherwise penalized is when it's a defenseless player or the QB; so says the rules.

lloydfan4life
10-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Somebody is :sleepy:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/lloydfan4life/knockedout.jpg
:cope:

TampaSteelGirl
10-19-2010, 12:39 PM

No it was not...it was a clean hit....even Cribbs said so.

igor0190
10-19-2010, 12:51 PM
You can hit helmet to helmet when it's a ball carrier, people all of the sudden are crying foul over a legal hit. The only time you should get flagged, fined, or otherwise penalized is when it's a defenseless player or the QB; so says the rules.

I also don't understand how massoquoi could be considered defenseless when Harrison was 4 yards away from him when he caught it. Things just happen that fast..... Unless they expect Harrison to have waited to see if Massaquoi was ready for the hit.

After reading this: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/29969/nfl-rulebook-unnecessary-roughness

Harrison clearly will be fined for the Massoquoi hit, imo. he's gonna get tagged based on this:

"h)If a receiver has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself, a defensive player is prohibited from launching (springing forward and upward) into him in a way that causes the defensive player’s helmet, facemask, shoulder, or forearm to forcibly strike the receiver’s head or neck area—even if the initial contact of the defender’s helmet, facemask, shoulder, or forearm is lower than the receiver’s neck."

What was Harrison really supposed to do in this situation. He could have submarined him like Troy and probably would have blew up Massaqiou's knee behond all repair and also gave himself a concussion in the process.

This may sound funny, but the only way to prevent this is to turn the helmet into less of a weapon. I propose doing this by adding 1-2" of foam on the OUTSIDE of the helmet!!! lol.. It might actually work.. Think about it.

Another good video on this: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5703113

LatrobePA
10-19-2010, 12:59 PM
http://col.stb.s-msn.com/i/42/8F53267199DAB72527AE723F2F1A7E.jpg

Steel Trap86
10-19-2010, 01:25 PM
No it was not...it was a clean hit....even Cribbs said so.

No it wasn't a head shot? lol how did Cribbs get KO'd then? watch the replay! the issue now is whether or not it was legit

and if Cribbs' even had a post-game interview, I would love to see the link saying he himself thinks its clean.

LatrobePA
10-19-2010, 01:36 PM
I still say if he kept his mouth shut he'd been fine...Now it's a freaking mess!!

JensK
10-19-2010, 01:41 PM
I still say if he kept his mouth shut he'd been fine...Now it's a freaking mess!!

I'm pretty sure this would have been brought up regardless. Especially seeing what just happened with Eric LeGrand.

LatrobePA
10-19-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty sure this would have been brought up regardless. Especially seeing what just happened with Eric LeGrand.

True, but he added fuel to the fire IMO...

JensK
10-19-2010, 01:53 PM
True, but he added fuel to the fire IMO...

That is very true.

Harrison is really just unlucky more than anything else, that he decides to have those two hits this week. There were like 7 may or may not be helmet-to-helmet hits this week, and then with that poor kid getting paralyzed from the neck down because of a hit - well that is going to cause trouble.

I did kind of like this quote:

“We’re fathers, we’re husbands, we’re boyfriends or whatever,” he added. “We’ve got kids and you don’t ever want to see anybody get hurt, but I could never judge his intent. I can only judge his conduct and his conduct was illegal. He broke the rules and by breaking the rules, one of our players was hurt. I hope the NFL does the max. Whatever the max is, I hope they give it to him.”

Sure, football is a violent sport, and people know that injuries will appear from time to time when you play a contact sport, but I also think that there is no thing worth risking that much for. After all, these players are, as quoted, also fathers, husbands etc. Suspensions may not be the way to go about it, but IMO it is rather obvious that it is a problem that needs to be looked into, because those hits happen too frequently.

LatrobePA
10-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Right, how long has it been since there was an outbreak of these type of hits? It'll get brushed under the rug for another 30 years...Will Harrison stop trying to destroy guys coming across the middle? HELL NO!!

Get Sly ready to fill in a game or two!! lol

JensK
10-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Right, how long has it been since there was an outbreak of these type of hits? It'll get brushed under the rug for another 30 years...Will Harrison stop trying to destroy guys coming across the middle? HELL NO!!

We'll see. Much have changed in the last 30 years. I truly believe this will become a pretty big deal. If not now then within a couple of years.

Root4Stlrs
10-19-2010, 02:36 PM
No it wasn't a head shot? lol how did Cribbs get KO'd then? watch the replay! the issue now is whether or not it was legit

and if Cribbs' even had a post-game interview, I would love to see the link saying he himself thinks its clean.

These hits happen all the time to running backs. Did you see the hit TJ Ward made on Mendy? It was definitely helmet to helmet. The commentators chuckled and said something about what a hard hitter Ward is becoming. The only difference is that Mendy didn't get knocked out. Tackling a runner is not included in the rules that protect "defenseless" receivers, which is why the NFL said yesterday that Harrison's hit on Cribbs was a legal hit, and they weren't investigating it.

--- Added 10/19/2010 at 01:36 PM ---

That is very true.

I did kind of like this quote:

Sure, football is a violent sport, and people know that injuries will appear from time to time when you play a contact sport, but I also think that there is no thing worth risking that much for. After all, these players are, as quoted, also fathers, husbands etc. Suspensions may not be the way to go about it, but IMO it is rather obvious that it is a problem that needs to be looked into, because those hits happen too frequently.

I believe you're quoting Benjamin Watson. I would appreciate his quote more if I knew that he expressed the same kind of righteous indignation when one of his teammates makes a hard hit that potentially injures a player. What did he say about TJ Ward's hit that occurred earlier this year that many were criticizing as a cheap shot?

coldrolled
10-19-2010, 02:38 PM
they always seem to pick on the steelers...

the new england hit helmut to helmut was the worst and illegal...

the eagles hit was bad too. but both players moved into the hit.

cribbs was a RB.. oh well.

Harrisons other hit was border line, not sure if the knee was down..
he may have only needed to tag him... but he probably didnt have time to check for the knee. football is football. brownies shouldnt be whining, ward clocked a few players the last two weeks.

JensK
10-19-2010, 02:41 PM
It is not so much who said what, but what who said.

--- Added 10/19/2010 at 01:41 PM ---

they always seem to pick on the steelers...

the new england hit helmut to helmut was the worst and illegal...

the eagles hit was bad too. but both players moved into the hit.

cribbs was a RB.. oh well.

Harrisons other hit was border line, not sure if the knee was down..
he may have only needed to tag him... but he probably didnt have time to check for the knee. football is football. brownies shouldnt be whining, ward clocked a few players the last two weeks.

The other hits are very much up in the media as well. It is just Harrison who had to run his mouth about the issue.

Big Kev
10-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Here's my 2 cents: I hate those girly "torpedo" tackles! For the most part they are unsuccessful. What happens is the they defender torpedos himself at the ball carrier and if he's to high its helmet to helmet and bad stuff happens. As we all have seen, half the time its low and the ball carrier keeps on trucking. Then we all get pissed and say..."WTF wrap is *** up"... So the now the NFL wants to get back to "fundamental tackling". Take someone like Harrison, coming at you full speed prefoming a "fundamental tackle" laying his shoulder into your chest, wrapping his giant arms around you, then pulling and lifting you close, then falls on top of you, with that momentum he was carrying. I don't care who you are its lights out. Have you ever been tackled like that or given a tackle like that? Trust me it hurts for the ball carrier and from the defensive side, Yeah, that "geeks you up". I bet you'll have more concussions from heads bouncing off the turf, along with other injuries. 2 hand tag is just around the corner.

TampaSteelGirl
10-19-2010, 03:49 PM

Exactly!!! Clark even said he won't stop playing like the plays and I'm sure Harrison won't either....Was reading and article on Profootball talk and there was a "letter" to Goodell that said:

Dear Commissioner Goodell,

Will you please tell the Pittsburgh Steelers not to play so rough. They are mean and scary and we don't like it. We prefer a more timid style of play and if you say something to them maybe they will listen.

Thank You,
Cleveland Browns Fans:rofl: :rofl:

LatrobePA
10-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Exactly!!! Clark even said he won't stop playing like the plays and I'm sure Harrison won't either....Was reading and article on Profootball talk and there was a "letter" to Goodell that said:

Dear Commissioner Goodell,

Will you please tell the Pittsburgh Steelers not to play so rough. They are mean and scary and we don't like it. We prefer a more timid style of play and if you say something to them maybe they will listen.

Thank You,
Cleveland Browns Fans:rofl: :rofl:

LOL, good one...F'n Browns!! :bunny:

jnes1216
10-19-2010, 04:34 PM
75k is the fine for Harrison. That's crazy. 50k for Meriweather. Harrison's fine is bigger because he's a repeat offender.
Just found out on espn.

steelersbabex25
10-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Steel Trap: (I'm too lazy to go back 2 pages and press the quote button)

Where exactly are you getting the info that that was an illegal hit? Cause everyone and their mother is agreeing that it was legal.

Clevelandsux
10-19-2010, 05:50 PM
All i hear is clowns fan crying. If they had taken out a few of our players, they'd be loving every minute of it. Maybe if the Clowns had guys hitting like James Harrison, they wouldn't be 1-5.

Root4Stlrs
10-19-2010, 05:53 PM
All i hear is clowns fan crying. If they had taken out a few of our players, they'd be loving every minute of it. Maybe if the Clowns had guys hitting like James Harrison, they wouldn't be 1-5.

:plus1: that's the thing that kills me. Where was their outrage over TJ Ward's hit a couple of weeks ago and his helmet to helmet on Mendy? Can you spell h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e? Like my grandma used to say, it all depends on whose bull is doing the goring.

LatrobePA
10-19-2010, 06:15 PM
:plus1: that's the thing that kills me. Where was their outrage over TJ Ward's hit a couple of weeks ago and his helmet to helmet on Mendy? Can you spell h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e? Like my grandma used to say, it all depends on whose bull is doing the goring.

It's the hit on #11 (can't spell his name) not Cribbs....Cribbs was legal.

Fanforlife
10-19-2010, 07:10 PM
I agree with you Clevelandsux! I know the clowns would love to take some of our players out. The clowns have to stop being :crying: babies and be real players and play!

:brownsflag: NO CLOWNS ALLOWED!!!!!!

Stlrs4Life
10-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Was nice to see Harrison playing angry.

Was awesome to see the hits live.

igor0190
10-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Was awesome to see the hits live.

Great.. i'm coming to see my first 2 Steelers games at Heinz Field in December and there won't be any hitting allowed. :cursin:

steelersbabex25
10-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Great.. i'm coming to see my first 2 Steelers games at Heinz Field in December and there won't be any hitting allowed. :cursin:

December 12th? That's when I'm going :woot:

MattyVfromCT
10-19-2010, 11:07 PM
so the NFL is suspending for "devastating hits" now. well every time james hits somebody its devastating so what he cant tackle now? :nahnah:

which is ridiculous and hypocritical because they sell moment of impact on ****ing dvd on their ****ing site. oh it's okay to profit from big hits yet if one of these big hits takes out a pussyboy qb like brady and his jersey sales drop it's a problem. i HATE goodell. gimme jack lambert, deacon jones or dick butkus for commissioner. somebody who won't cater to these soft, fruity offensive players who cry when they get hit asking for a flag. they are ruining the game and then some :banging:

Steel Trap86
10-19-2010, 11:22 PM
which is ridiculous and hypocritical because they sell moment of impact on ****ing dvd on their ****ing site. oh it's okay to profit from big hits yet if one of these big hits takes out a pussyboy qb like brady and his jersey sales drop it's a problem. i HATE goodell. gimme jack lambert, deacon jones or dick butkus for commissioner. somebody who won't cater to these soft, fruity offensive players who cry when they get hit asking for a flag. they are ruining the game and then some :banging:

You also see guys like Ray Lewis and Suggs hitting guys so hard there helmets come right off there ****ing heads and I don't remember them getting fined for it either. Just seems like everytime a Steeler defender (or hines ward) makes a nice big hit, it is just wrong in everybody elses eyes, but when they do it, everythings good.

MattyVfromCT
10-19-2010, 11:31 PM
You also see guys like Ray Lewis and Suggs hitting guys so hard there helmets come right off there ****ing heads and I don't remember them getting fined for it either. Just seems like everytime a Steeler defender (or hines ward) makes a nice big hit, it is just wrong in everybody elses eyes, but when they do it, everythings good.

not to mention you had suggs talking on a radio program about them putting bounties out on mendenhall and ward back in 08, nothing happened, and ray ray, not only celebrating the fact that he ended mendy's rookie season early on the field but also ON DAN PATRICK'S RADIO SHOW saying quote "i was celebrating that he was DONE" andagain, nothing happened. to hell with goodell. worst commissioner ever, PERIOD!

Steel Trap86
10-20-2010, 12:26 AM
lol Goodell really is a dip **** though. It's ok to beat the **** out of guys in strip joints and carry loaded guns through customs if you're in the NFL, according to him. Yet he cracks down on things like hitting, tackling and talking LOL

Root4Stlrs
10-20-2010, 06:56 AM
Cleveland players and fans have been calling for Harrison's head. Ben Watson saying, for example, he should "get the max" punishment for his hit on Massaquoi. Thinking they would certainly be consistent in their stance on these type of hits, I looked for similar comments after TJ Ward was fined $25,000 for his "cheap shot" on Jordan Shipley of the Bengals. This is all I could find. See the quotes below from USA Today.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
"Legally, you want guys to think, 'OK, if I catch this in cut, there's going to be a price to pay for catching this,'" Mangini said. "If you can establish that, then sometimes guys will get alligator arms or they won't run those angles quite as deep or as tight.

"No one would ever admit, 'Man, I don't really want to go in there.' If you can get an understanding with receivers, it helps."

Not surprisingly, the Browns didn't have any issues with Ward's big hit. If anyone of them had a right to be upset, it's rookie quarterback Colt McCoy. Shipley was McCoy's teammate at Texas and the best man at his wedding. But even he didn't think Ward's hit was beyond reason.

"It's a violent sport," McCoy said. "We all know that there's gonna be contact. Nobody ever wants to get hurt, and nobody ever wants to hurt anybody. It was a good hit. Jordan knows. He's played receiver his whole life. There's a chance that when you go across the middle, that you're gonna have to take a big shot, a big lick, and he got one."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
My favorite part from the above: "The Browns didn't have any issues with Ward's big hit." Guess Watson wasn't worried about husbands, fathers and sons on the Bengals, just on his own team. Another big hypocrite.

--- Added 10/20/2010 at 05:56 AM ---

I looked for similar comments after TJ Ward was fined $25,000 for his "cheap shot" on Jordan Shipley of the Bengals.

Correction: Ward was fined $15,000, not $25,000.

coldrolled
10-20-2010, 07:28 AM
Correction: Ward was fined $15,000, not $25,000.

Are fines based on salaries?

Maybe the Steelers FO should repay harrison the $75,000 since it wasnt a flagged foul..

that would tell the league that we are going to continue to play steeler football as the rules state legal.

the hit on heap was a prime example of the illegal rule.. he was flagged, then fined.

JensK
10-20-2010, 07:30 AM
Are fines based on salaries?

Maybe the Steelers FO should repay harrison the $75,000 since it wasnt a flagged foul..

that would tell the league that we are going to continue to play steeler football as the rules state legal.

the hit on heap was a prime example of the illegal rule.. he was flagged, then fined.

They are not. If so, that safety from Patriots got screwed big time. He got a 50k fine, and he is only making 550.000 this year.

Scorp
10-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Might as well ban and fine for good sportsmanshit.

LatrobePA
10-20-2010, 03:42 PM
They are not. If so, that safety from Patriots got screwed big time. He got a 50k fine, and he is only making 550.000 this year.

Only? lol

Scorp
10-20-2010, 03:44 PM
:grin1: :yellowthumb: :lol:

JensK
10-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Only? lol

That is a pretty damn low salary in the NFL :yesnod:

Scorp
10-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Harrison should keep playing the way he was taught. Maybe a little one on one with Goodell would cheer up James.