PDA

View Full Version : Your assessment of Ben's performance today

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Ben was alittle shaky in the 1st quarter, over shooting and misfiring on some targets but in the 2nd half he started to put it together alittle more. Overall the first half was nothing special, save for a few big plays here and there. In the 2nd half he began to put some plays together, hitting Ward, Wallace, Miller, and Sanders for some big plays.

Overall, it was alittle premature to think he would come out and throw a perfect game, simply because that's just not how it usually happens for us. There was some rust present but he's working his way back. It will take some time but you can just see the reasons that he is so important to this team. Evading tacklers, shaking off sacks, seeing the field to make big plays. That final dagger with the pass to Heath was great, nice to see that killer instinct being a viable option now.

QB Rating of 112.7
No sacks
16/27, 257 yds. 3 TD's 1 Int.

Overall to all the Ben haters, take that and shove it!

jnes1216
10-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I thought he did good as well. Some misfires in the 2nd half but overall a good start. McCoy I thought had a good game as well. Just as good as Big Bens if not better. I think Ben understandabley so was nervous, warming up in the tunnel, etc. But a win in the division is the bottom line and Ben will only improve which is how his mindset will be getting ready for the next game. Lets go Pats, eventhough i hate them, beat the ratbirds!

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-17-2010, 04:13 PM
a little reserved. but, hey, he didn't and you probably wouldn't either want to make a big mistake. the more he goes the more naturally relaxed and in sync he'll get. IMO

SteelJunkie
10-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Ben overcame nerves, and BA to do well today.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-17-2010, 04:28 PM
He was a little rusty, but overall I cannot complain! I am glad they stuck to the run as much as they did with the long ball as a second or third option.

Dee Mca
10-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Once we got the lead BA should have opened up the play book to let Ben make more throws down the field. Once we took the lead we pretty much had game in hand. Ben needs the actual game experience to knock that rust off.

steelersbabex25
10-17-2010, 04:53 PM
He looked great IMO. The sacks that he somehow avoided reminded me why I love him so much. Needless to say, that game would be a lot closer if Dixon or Batch were playing.

Real Deal Steel
10-17-2010, 04:55 PM
He was a little rusty, but overall I cannot complain! I am glad they stuck to the run as much as they did with the long ball as a second or third option.

Yep. I agree with this. Ben was fine. Just what I expected the first game back.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2010, 05:03 PM
It had to feel good for Ben just getting back out there, hearing the cheers from the crowd when he was introduced. That pick in the red zone in the 1st half was just poor judgment not seeing the underneath guy, but considering how he responded the rest of the game, I'm not too concerned about it.

Ben has always had a short memory and he's not afraid to force the ball into coverage. If the Browns had a decent secondary, he could have been picked off on a few other occasions. For his first game back, 3 TD's and a big divisional win, I'm about as happy as can be.

jnes1216
10-17-2010, 05:08 PM
It had to feel good for Ben just getting back out there, hearing the cheers from the crowd when he was introduced. That pick in the red zone in the 1st half was just poor judgment not seeing the underneath guy, but considering how he responded the rest of the game, I'm not too concerned about it.

Ben has always had a short memory and he's not afraid to force the ball into coverage. If the Browns had a decent secondary, he could have been picked off on a few other occasions. For his first game back, 3 TD's and a big divisional win, I'm about as happy as can be.

I agree, plus I love when Miller catches a TD!!!!

dunfbe
10-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Looked like the usual Ben (int, extending plays, taking hits, throwing TDs)...fine by me! I do agree there could have been more than one INT, but for a first game back, I'll take it :yellowthumb:

jpele
10-17-2010, 05:35 PM
I think Ben looked pretty good despite the play calling. I think Mendy would have had a much better ( not that i complaining ) game if he didn't continually have to run into a stacked line.

Troyisabeast_43
10-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Ben looked great today and proves why he is so valuable to this team. There is no way that Batch or Dixon makes the plays Ben made today to Wallace for the TD,and the big 50 yard pass from the 2 yard line that lead to the Hines Ward td that essentially put the game well in hand...

LatrobePA
10-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Rusty at times but crisp...

Each week will get better!!

jnes1216
10-17-2010, 05:46 PM
And I thought Ben looked average today. No knock, but just saying. Think how good he'll look in a week or two practicing with the first team. I'm very pleased none the less. I haven't heard any post game interviews but I bet Ben feels the same way. Guess I am one of those spoiled fans. Thanks for pointing that out JoeFlaccosayssecondplace.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Rusty but overall what else would u expect? he's been MIA for 5 weeks, i'm glad that he didn't get SACKED so props to the O-Line, he will be ok as the season progress it was great to see Ben back on the field...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Rusty but overall what else would u expect? he's been MIA for 5 weeks, i'm glad that he didn't get SACKED so props to the O-Line, he will be ok as the season progress it was great to see Ben back on the field...

When is the last time we could say that??!! It's definitely a good sign and a great way to start out the next part of the season.

Zachintosh66
10-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Ben overcame nerves, and BA to do well today.

:lol:

fdsannie
10-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Just so glad he is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All is well with the world.:tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-17-2010, 07:48 PM
I give him an A considering it was his first action of the season......257 yards with 3 TD's while missing some throws isn't to shabby.......I was just happy to see the man back in action and I have been smiling all day........

LarryNJ
10-17-2010, 10:56 PM
He did very well. I was expecting great but that will have to wait another week. :) Even Bradshaw gave him props on the post game.

steelersbabex25
10-18-2010, 06:20 AM
He did very well. I was expecting great but that will have to wait another week. :) Even Bradshaw gave him props on the post game.

:yikes1:

Moondog
10-18-2010, 12:00 PM
I'll give him a B+. He missed a few throws, but delivered more good plays than bad. I don't know if we would have won this game without him. That 90+ yard drive don't happen without him. That was sick vintage Ben. I'm glad to have him back and I think good things are to come for the Steelers this season.

Scorp
10-18-2010, 12:44 PM
:goodpost: