PDA

View Full Version : Colts Collapse?

Hburg
12-10-2006, 05:55 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061210_IND@JAC

Jacksonville 44
Indianopolis 17

PLAYER STATISTICS
IND.gif Colts ( 10-3-0 ) JAC.gif Jaguars ( 8-5-0 )
PASSING
CP/AT YDS TD INT
P. Manning 25/50 313 0 1
J. Addai 0/0 0 0 0

PASSING
CP/AT YDS TD INT
D. Garrard 8/14 79 0 1
RUSHING
ATT YDS TD LG
J. Addai 11 22 0 8
D. Rhodes 8 11 1 8
P. Manning 1 1 1 1

RUSHING
ATT YDS TD LG
M. Jones-Drew 15 166 2 48
F. Taylor 9 131 1 76
A. Pearman 13 71 1 12
D. Garrard 4 4 0 4
D. Wimbush 1 3 0 3
RECEIVING
REC YDS TD LG
R. Wayne 8 110 0 31
M. Harrison 6 101 0 42
B. Utecht 3 32 0 14
R. Proehl 2 23 0 13
D. Rhodes 3 18 0 13
J. Addai 1 14 0 14
B. Stokley 1 10 0 10
B. Fletcher 1 5 0 5

RECEIVING
REC YDS TD LG
M. Lewis 1 19 0 19
R. Williams 3 16 0 7
M. Jones-Drew 1 15 0 15
K. Brady 1 13 0 13
D. Wimbush 1 9 0 9
M. Jones 1 7 0 7
FUMBLES
FUM LOST REC YDS

FUMBLES
FUM LOST REC YDS
KICKING
FG LG XP PTS
A. Vinatieri 1/1 41 2/2 5

KICKING
FG LG XP PTS
J. Scobee 3/4 48 5/5 14
PUNTING
NO AVG I20 LG
H. Smith 5 38.8 1 54

PUNTING
NO AVG I20 LG
C. Hanson 1 20.0 0 20
KICKOFF RETURNS
NO AVG TD LG
T. Wilkins 4 19.5 0 25

KICKOFF RETURNS
NO AVG TD LG
M. Jones-Drew 2 54.5 1 93
D. Wimbush 1 33.0 0 33
PUNT RETURNS
NO AVG TD LG

PUNT RETURNS
NO AVG TD LG
M. Jones-Drew 1 13.0 0 13
A. Pearman 2 11.5 0 14
DEFENSE
T-A SCK INT FF
M. Giordano 8-1 0.0 1 0
C. June 7-0 0.0 0 0
N. Harper 4-0 0.0 0 0
R. Brock 3-0 0.0 0 0
D. Freeney 3-0 0.0 0 0
M. Jackson 3-0 0.0 0 0
R. Mathis 3-0 1.0 0 0
D. Reid 3-0 0.0 0 0
R. Boiman 2-0 0.0 0 0
G. Brackett 2-1 0.0 0 0
K. Hayden 2-0 0.0 0 0
B. Schobel 2-0 0.0 0 0
J. David 1-1 0.0 0 0
A. McFarland 1-0 0.0 0 0

DEFENSE
T-A SCK INT FF
D. Smith 7-1 1.0 0 0
B. Williams 5-1 0.0 0 0
T. Cousin 4-2 0.0 0 0
J. Henderson 4-0 0.0 0 0
R. Mathis 3-0 0.0 0 0
D. Grant 2-0 0.0 0 0
C. Ingram 2-1 0.0 0 0
R. Meier 2-0 0.0 0 0
G. Sensabaugh 2-0 0.0 1 0
P. Spicer 2-0 0.0 0 0
M. Stroud 2-1 1.0 0 0
M. Wiley 2-0 0.0 0 0
B. McCray 1-0 0.0 0 0
S. Starks 1-0 0.0 0 0
D. Webb 1-0 0.0 0 0

Who saw the game? What did it look like? So much for the Colts having to be "out-played" according to Dungy.

BuFu

PITT23
12-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Didn't see it but the Colts always seem to have this happen. It's gotten to the point that they could go undefeated and still not be automatics for the Super Bowl.

Steelersfan
12-10-2006, 06:50 PM
The Jaguars had 375 yds rushing! That should tell you it all.....lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2006, 06:56 PM
The Jaguars had 375 yds rushing! That should tell you it all.....lol

Funny thing is I'm a member of Colts board and some Colts fans were jumping all over Peyton Manning. I couldn't believe they actually smacked the Golden Boy. But hey I didn't know Peyton Manning played DE, DT,LB. True the Colts offense didn't do jack today but the Colts run defense should be ashamed of themselves.

PITT23
12-10-2006, 06:59 PM
And the Colts only had 34 rushing yards. Edgerrin James is being missed and he probably wishes he wasn't stuck in Arizona.

K Train
12-10-2006, 07:20 PM
listen....the colts are a joke and no way are they a legit 10-3 team, they have barley won games against horrible teams and i knew it wouldnt last forever. This years post season failure is just gonna make next years that much harder for the super colts and super peyton.

Hburg
12-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Didn't see it but the Colts always seem to have this happen. It's gotten to the point that they could go undefeated and still not be automatics for the Super Bowl.

Last year would've been their best shot, they had home field locked in through the playoffs and a first week bye. But the Steelers came in and ended their hopes. At this point it's been a realized pattern that the Colts own the first half of the season and past the halfway mark they are living on borrowed time. The Colts team is now being picked apart and exploited as teams take Tony Dungy's "teams will have to outplay the Colts" words and do just that.

Funny thing is I'm a member of Colts board and some Colts fans were jumping all over Peyton Manning. I couldn't believe they actually smacked the Golden Boy. But hey I didn't know Peyton Manning played DE, DT,LB. True the Colts offense didn't do jack today but the Colts run defense should be ashamed of themselves.

Well there's the problem, Peyton prolly is 80% of that team. The Colt's have a good passing game, and you can tell that is where they put their emphasis. The rest of the areas of the game are mediocre at best. Joseph Addai has done an acceptable job doing what he can in the running game but when the O-Line has been trained to protect the passing game they are not ready to protect the run as well. The defense has never been their strong suit, they just have had a vertical enough passing game that they've been able to just out-score the other teams.....now as teams learn to prevent this from happening the Colts are losing. The Colts want to be a finesse football team, but in order to be able to finesse you got to have the dirty-dirty taken care of (O and D Lines primarily) which I do not believe they have done fully.

And the Colts only had 34 rushing yards. Edgerrin James is being missed and he probably wishes he wasn't stuck in Arizona.

Edge's decision has a chance to be vindicated within the next two years, he and Cardinals fans can only hope that he is still at full strength when this happens.

BuFu

Black@Gold Forever32
12-10-2006, 07:54 PM
H-Burg oh I agree the Colts are soft and Peyton deserves some blame. But that performance by the Colts run defense was the worst performance I have ever seen in all my years watching NFL football. I would be the first to blame Peyton Manning just saying the Colts run defense lost the Colts the game today. The Colts better fix their defense or they will never win a thing in the Peyton Manning era.

Hburg
12-10-2006, 10:03 PM
H-Burg oh I agree the Colts are soft and Peyton deserves some blame. But that performance by the Colts run defense was the worst performance I have ever seen in all my years watching NFL football. I would be the first to blame Peyton Manning just saying the Colts run defense lost the Colts the game today. The Colts better fix their defense or they will never win a thing in the Peyton Manning era.

I don't blame Peyton for the horrible performance of the Colts on run defense. He can't help that. But what I am saying is that the way the Colts are set up at current it puts most or all of the pressure on Peyton Manning and him having a huge pass game. Problem is that Peyton is not the man you want to put all the pressure on when the game is on the line.

BuFu

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Ya gotta give some credit to the Jags run defense, making them one dimensional .

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Peyton has been carrying this team all year, and anybody who knows anything about football combined with their past history knew they were going to collapse to some degree towards the end of the season and in the playoffs. You simply cannot win in the playoffs if you cant run the ball or stop the run. It's been proven year in and year out and always will be that way.

Hburg
12-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Ya gotta give some credit to the Jags run defense, making them one dimensional .

The Colts basically are one dimensional.....the Jags just exposed and exploited that fact.

Peyton has been carrying this team all year, and anybody who knows anything about football combined with their past history knew they were going to collapse to some degree towards the end of the season and in the playoffs. You simply cannot win in the playoffs if you cant run the ball or stop the run. It's been proven year in and year out and always will be that way.

That's true. 9 times out of 10 the team that can control the running game will be the team to win. If you can run the ball well you can control the clock and pace of the game. If you passpasspass you are constantly having to continue to passpasspass because the passpasspass drive you just made to score only took a minute and a half off the clock!

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2006, 01:14 AM
It's been proven that the way you beat the colts is to run the ball, but also you have to get pressure and get in Mannings face. If you let him sit back in the pocket all day he'll pick you apart but if you get pressure he'll make mistakes.

Hburg
12-11-2006, 01:33 AM
It's been proven that the way you beat the colts is to run the ball, but also you have to get pressure and get in Mannings face. If you let him sit back in the pocket all day he'll pick you apart but if you get pressure he'll make mistakes.

And who did that? ::cough::Steelers::cough:: playoffs::cough::

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Exactly, we set the blueprint for how to beat them. Everybody else before us was too afraid to send pressure for fear of getting burnt, either because they didnt have the players or the scheme to do it, or becuase they though keeping everyone back was the better idea. Obviously that didnt work and since we beat them, everybody else has taken their que from us.

The Jags have always played the colts well, mainly because they have the horses on defense to get after him and a good running game, and they proved it today.

Hburg
12-11-2006, 02:17 AM
The Jags have the Colts in their division, so they have to learn how to beat the Colts or they will get burned every season.

The Steelers did set the blueprint for this season. They came in and put Peyton on his *** 5 times! As soon as they gave him room he made a big play, as soon as they went back to Blitzburgh on his *** he was shut down.

Mannings can be summed up in one line: They can not handle any pressure.

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2006, 02:24 AM
I never thought I'd see the day when Colts fans were turning on Manning but from what Ive read on a few sights and heard here, there's more than a few that are getting pissed off at these late season collapses and mistakes by Manning at crucial times.

Hburg
12-11-2006, 02:40 AM
To be mad entirely at Manning I think is foolish. Colts fans might be mad and looking for a scapegoat, but instead they should be mad at the Colts organization for how they have set up the whole team. If they know they have a quarterback like Peyton who can't get over that pressure they can not set up the football team to put all the weight on that man's shoulders. As soon as you do you are in a situation to collapse when that single man collapses.

With a quarterback like Peyton I would be building the run game. Why? Because a QB like Peyton is going to make even mediocre receivers look good so there is no need to star-stud the receiver core to guarantee receptions. By building the running game the receiving game has less pressure on it so that it will be more able to make completions and plays. When I say building the running game I not only mean backs but also the O-Line. To take pressure off the QB a turnover forcing defense would be necessary/desired.

BuFu