PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Sanders active against Cleveland

Big T
10-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Here’s some quick news of the day: Emmanuel Sanders will dress for Sunday’s game against the Cleveland Browns and Antonio Brown will not. Sanders will return kickoffs. No one professes that Sanders is a better kickoff returner than Brown – Sanders returned punts in college more than kickoffs – but he has looked far better as a receiver and the Steelers need to work him in there if they can. They need more speed at the position. He dressed for the first game and not the past three and Brown returned a kickoff 89 yards for a TD. This won’t be the last we hear from Brown, I suspect, either.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports-town/steelers/105681-ed-reed-knows-how-fleury-feels

jackhammer1
10-15-2010, 01:21 PM
I like it! More targets for Ben :cope:

LarryNJ
10-15-2010, 01:25 PM
I agree. Hopefully we don't need a KO return for a TD to win this game.

K Train
10-15-2010, 01:57 PM
looks like they want to let ben open **** up

BlitzburghRockCity
10-15-2010, 02:13 PM
If you follow his Facebook page, he's definitely excited about the chance to get out on the field. This is what I was hoping would happen; once Ben comes back and we get past the bye, both Brown and Sanders should start seeing some more playing time and slowly but surely edge out ARE for the 3rd WR spot.

I like Brown on returns, but Sanders needs time out there too. If anything, since our ST is playing pretty decently right now, I would sit Battle out and let both Sanders and Brown get some playing time and see how it goes.

SteelJunkie
10-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Ya its a good move. They deserve some playing time to help develop them. The biggest thing they have to learn is if they are covered initially to scramble around and try to get open. They're not use to a QB that will hold the ball more than 7 secs looking for a play.

cmerrifield
10-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Hopefully as the season goes on, we wills start to see Sanders as the #3 WR and Brown as the #4 and ARE and Battle can sit the bench. That would be the best thing for the young guys and the Steelers future. It would be sweet to have 3 good young receivers.

steelersbabex25
10-15-2010, 02:40 PM
:woot: Go Sanders!

playboy pryor
10-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Sanders is going 2 be a stud!!!! Give him 2 yrs.:banana:

Troyisabeast_43
10-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Brown should be dressing as well it's ridiculous he is not. His kickoff return in Tennessee single handily changed the entire complexion of that game and if that didnt happen who knows if the Steelers even win that game as bad as the offense looked in that game. Brown has the speed and ability to take one to the house at anytime and he should definitely be dressing over a guy like Arnaz Battle. On the plus side though I am happy that Sanders is dressing and hopefully the Steelers will use him in the 4 wide package and even in some 3 wide receiver packages with Wallace and Hines and maybe take a shot or two down the field with Sanders especially when Ben back in the lineup...

DanRooney
10-15-2010, 07:51 PM
I agree, Brown should not be sitting. Tomlin is scared of his vets like Randle El. That part is obvious.

SteelJunkie
10-15-2010, 07:58 PM
I don't think he is scared of his vets, he just thinks they won't make the mistakes younger guys tend to do. That being said I would love to see Brown and sanders dressed.

75Steeler
10-15-2010, 08:13 PM
I think both Brown and Sanders have a very bright future with this team and Tomlin is still evaluating both men. ARE and Battle should be slowly phased to the bench as the season progresses to allow the younger guys their time.

DanRooney
10-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Would you really feel more comfortable with the rooks later in the year with minimal playing time? I would rather let them get their rookie jitters out early, so they'll be ready come December.

jnes1216
10-15-2010, 09:16 PM
I don't think he is scared of his vets, he just thinks they won't make the mistakes younger guys tend to do. That being said I would love to see Brown and sanders dressed.

:plus1: Sanders had a better grasp of the playbook by most accounts, so he is finally getting his chance after the minor injury. I don't think Tomlin wanted to insert two rookies as starters in the first four games with no Ben. Blitz reads, etc take time to adjust, ARE and the other vets are more familiar with those reads so naturally they are going to start. I don't think Tomlin is scared of the vets, it just makes common sense to ease them into the starting lineup.

JensK
10-16-2010, 07:51 AM
The big problem for both rookies have been the absence of Ben. While ARE is a bad receiver, he is a vet who knows hardly makes any mistakes. He is not flashy, he does not have great hands etc. etc. but he does not cause the team turnovers etc. like rookies will do from time to time. I am pretty sure, that had Ben been under center from week one, both Sanders and Brown would have seen much more playing time.

Farrior Fan
10-16-2010, 12:07 PM
I really want to see the rookies play but ya'll cannot deny that ARE had a pretty good game vs. the Ravens. He isn't flashy (except for that awesome catch early on) but he does what is asked of him. I do not like him returning kicks or punts because he doesn't have the ability to score. Why not have a threat in there at all times? I seem to remember that working pretty damn well for our upcoming opponent last year:cursin:

If we get up by 20 at half then expect to see Sanders get some looks in the second half. If it is close then I doubt he will see the field much in the 2nd half, and he will not be targeted unless he is WIDE open.

BTW notice at 2:21 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNo-AznJ73I - he has some Hines blocking ability!:tt02:

super cleats
10-16-2010, 05:35 PM
3 burners on the field at once is going to OPEN up the passing game, last year we had wallace and holmes, but now we have an extra.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Brown should be dressing as well it's ridiculous he is not. His kickoff return in Tennessee single handily changed the entire complexion of that game and if that didnt happen who knows if the Steelers even win that game as bad as the offense looked in that game. Brown has the speed and ability to take one to the house at anytime and he should definitely be dressing over a guy like Arnaz Battle. On the plus side though I am happy that Sanders is dressing and hopefully the Steelers will use him in the 4 wide package and even in some 3 wide receiver packages with Wallace and Hines and maybe take a shot or two down the field with Sanders especially when Ben back in the lineup...

I agree Troy..both of them AB and ES should be starting we are not using them like we should, they obvious understand the offense so bench ARE and Battle and let these young cats do their thang:tt02: GO STEELERS:tt02::tt02:I'm just happy Bens back FINALLY:clap:

SteelCityKid5
10-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Always have and always will love Manny Sanders... he has great potential. Im excited for this guy/

nuclearchihuahuas
10-16-2010, 10:25 PM
I think both Brown and Sanders have a very bright future with this team and Tomlin is still evaluating both men. ARE and Battle should be slowly phased to the bench as the season progresses to allow the younger guys their time.

:plus1: Both Battle and ARE should be replaced and both Sanders and Brown should dress.

jnes1216
10-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Some nice catches by Sanders. There were no wide open drops a la Sweed which is always good. His second catch, I believe, was in traffic and good to see the focus. Hopefully we'll see more of him in the future. I respect ARE's contributions in the past but I hope Sanders' play makes ARE expendable. I know ARE is a locker room guy and a solid vet, but the time to bring in the younger guys seems fast approaching, just like the Pens traded Colby Armstrong and Ryan Malone, (two solid locker room guys and contributors) the Steelers need to take a page from the Pens on this one.

steelersbabex25
10-17-2010, 04:57 PM
I love him already. Probably because, if you've read his facebook, you would see how excited he is to play and to make a contribution. It's nice to see a player so humble.

Real Deal Steel
10-17-2010, 04:58 PM
We need Sanders on special teams. We need that added pop that he brings.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2010, 04:58 PM
He made some real nice plays today, he took advantage of his opportunities. Tomlin said he was pleased with his performance and is pitting them against each other every week and they are both responding. Brown got the game day call the last few weeks and now it's Sanders' turn.

Real Deal Steel
10-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Brown and Sanders have so much talent. Will we every develop some plays just to take advantage of their talents?

Troyisabeast_43
10-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Sanders made two big plays on 3rd down which lead to one score and kept another drive alive on 3rd and 10 and 3rd and 13. He definitely looks ready to contribute and hopefully their our more balls coming his way because he has definitely earned the playing time...

jpele
10-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Sanders looked sharp today, just makes you wonder how good will he be ? I would love to see the Steelers deactivate Randle El and go with a rotation of Brown and Sanders.

One more thing, I cringe when I see Mewelde Moore step onto the field. He can't pickup the blitz and his catch out of the backfield for 6 inches offer very little to the offense

nuclearchihuahuas
10-17-2010, 05:55 PM
Some nice catches by Sanders. There were no wide open drops a la Sweed which is always good. His second catch, I believe, was in traffic and good to see the focus. Hopefully we'll see more of him in the future. I respect ARE's contributions in the past but I hope Sanders' play makes ARE expendable. I know ARE is a locker room guy and a solid vet, but the time to bring in the younger guys seems fast approaching, just like the Pens traded Colby Armstrong and Ryan Malone, (two solid locker room guys and contributors) the Steelers need to take a page from the Pens on this one.

I'm guessing Sweed is looking for another team next year

DanRooney
10-17-2010, 05:59 PM
He made 2 very clutch catches on 3rd down. Rewind a year ago when Mike Wallace made a few against the Titans in the opener. I see the same thing. Play the kid at #3, move Randle El to #4, sit Battle who's been non-existant anyway, and dress Brown for kickoff returns.

jnes1216
10-17-2010, 05:59 PM

Too bad really, since he is a nice big target. Get his mental game in check and he could be a nice weapon. I don't think we'll ever know.

Real Deal Steel
10-18-2010, 12:29 AM
I'd like to move Sweed for a 6th round pick.

roosterray
10-18-2010, 12:53 AM
He did a nice adjustment route down the seem. Ben will love this which will keep sanders on the field. He knows how to run in the slot. It will take pressure off Wallace. ARE and Battle need to back up the young guys. I would rather have Brown returning punts, however there has to be something both guys don't do well on Punts that keeps them on the bench. If Logan was given full duties last year, there is no reason they should earn it.

I'm liking our chances this year.

Dee Mca
10-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Did Emmanuel take down his facebook?

K Train
10-18-2010, 10:17 PM
so far i think brown is the better, more aggressive, mosre versatile player....i think sanders was a reach still

steelersbabex25
10-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Did Emmanuel take down his facebook?

:crying: looks like it! I didn't even realize.

JensK
10-19-2010, 10:33 AM

I don't really think so tbh. I think they are willing to give him another shot. If not, they would have cut him already.

super cleats
10-19-2010, 01:52 PM
:crying: looks like it! I didn't even realize.

he will probably re-activate it sometime, he did it before because of a team rules conflict, i hope he puts it back up.

jpele
10-22-2010, 05:14 PM
For the second consecutive game, the Steelers will go with Emmanuel Sanders returning kickoffs and Antwaan Randle El returning punts. Also, don't expect a roster move by the Steelers to add a 6th defensive lineman with Brett Keisel (hamstring) out. They're going to go with 5.

When are they going to wake up and replace Randle El with Brown ?

DanRooney
10-22-2010, 06:23 PM
For the second consecutive game, the Steelers will go with Emmanuel Sanders returning kickoffs and Antwaan Randle El returning punts. Also, don't expect a roster move by the Steelers to add a 6th defensive lineman with Brett Keisel (hamstring) out. They're going to go with 5.

When are they going to wake up and replace Randle El with Brown ?

And activate a player who's obviously better? Probably when Randle El gets injured. See: Pouncey (Harwig), Mendenhall (Parker), Legursky (Essex), and Wallace (Sweed).

Tomlin=no balls.

coldrolled
10-23-2010, 05:27 AM
And activate a player who's obviously better? Probably when Randle El gets injured. See: Pouncey (Harwig), Mendenhall (Parker), Legursky (Essex), and Wallace (Sweed).

Tomlin=no balls.

crezdon butler over keenan lewis..

jpele
10-23-2010, 09:15 AM
crezdon butler over keenan lewis..

Yea that, I'd like to see Butler get some playing time.