PDA

View Full Version : How good is Big Ben?!

Steel Trap86
10-15-2010, 01:24 AM
With all the talk around the league about Ben's first game this Sunday and if he'll bounce back after such a messed up off-season, I think one way you can get an idea of what he's gonna bring, is by looking at some of the amazing **** this guy has already done.

This vid here is just to remind everybody what he's bringing back to this 3-1 team starting Sunday and I'm F#%** pumped!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z5dqelV_8s

igor0190
10-15-2010, 01:47 AM
He possesses an "IT FACTOR" that niether Brady or Manning possess. Manning and Brady both run very efficient offenses, but niether have the ability to sense the rush and make improv plays like Ben does.
Heck... I have seen Manning "hook slide" in the pocket many time just because he senses the rush. It disgusts me.

Manning and Brady probably have the edge on the ability to read defenses, but part of that is because of the offensive systems built around them, for them.

Scorp
10-15-2010, 03:45 AM
He ain't called Big Ben for nothing. He makes Big plays when it counts.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Ben is probably the only QB in the league right now that could flourish and win 2 SB's behind the tin foil offensive line and the up n down play calling by Arians. If you put Manning or Brady behind that line and in our system there's no way we win those 2 championships. I know Ben wasn't the only reason we won, but he's the QB and a big reason that we got there. He's got the uncanny ability to turn nothing into something, with him in the game you know you always have chance if you keep it within striking distance in the 4th quarter.

harpo
10-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Let's put it this way. With the game on the line, he's the only QB in the league I would want under center for my team.

LarryNJ
10-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Of course he has the it factor. I'd like to know who said he doesn't have the "it" factor. Must have been a Ravens fan. Most sports writers and analyst have Ben in the top 3 or 5 QB's in the league and expect him to get even better. I don't agree with the comment that with Brady or Manning no way we win the 2 Super Bowls. Both of them make quicker decisions and might actually make our line look better than what they are. Maybe we would have another one with them. ;)

ejsteeler
10-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Let's put it this way. With the game on the line, he's the only QB in the league I would want under center for my team.

:yellowthumb: Exactly! That says it all.

LatrobePA
10-15-2010, 11:39 AM
With all the hype about him coming back, I just hope they don't try to do too much with him too quickly, take what the D gives you. All eyes will be on him this week!!

cmerrifield
10-15-2010, 11:42 AM

As long as its not a playoff game I would take P. Manning as well, just not in the playoffs. :lol:

mwittman5
10-15-2010, 12:29 PM
ben reminds me of elway in a lot of ways. they may not put up the top stats but they put up good stats and with the game on the line they are so clutch

harpo
10-15-2010, 01:09 PM
As long as its not a playoff game I would take P. Manning as well, just not in the playoffs. :lol:

LMAO.....I know what you mean. Peyton's kryptonite is the playoffs, The San Deigo Chargers and a 3-4 defense. :lol:

Scorp
10-15-2010, 08:34 PM
ben reminds me of elway in a lot of ways. they may not put up the top stats but they put up good stats and with the game on the line they are so clutch

So true. Hey, that is why he wears number 7.

airbrake 1
10-16-2010, 02:52 PM
good enough to put a few more lombardi trophies in the case

Real Deal Steel
10-18-2010, 01:37 AM
I consider Ben the 2nd best QB in this Era behind Brady. Brady and Ben are the best POST-SEASON QB's.

Manning is a bum in the post season. And the stats bear that out.

roosterray
10-18-2010, 01:49 AM
It was so nice for once to not have to worry about the QB play today. Although he missed some easy throws and made a couple bad decisions. I'd rather live with a mistake down the field, vs a predictable check down offense. Everything seemed to work fairly fluently today on Offense. I wasn't too happy with the prevent defense at the end as it puts in a strategy to let the other team run the clock out vs going for the knockout to let the Offense run the clock. I don't like seeing our defense coast. It reminds me of the Superbowl where we had trouble turning it back on once we went into prevent.

To stay on the positive side. We are 4-1, in first place, tied with NE for #1 in conference and we get them in our place later this year. I can't wait.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-18-2010, 09:14 AM
If you want to epitomize what Ben means to this team, take a look at that TD to Wallace. Under all kinds of pressure, a defender wrapped around his leg and another one coming for him. He stood strong, and fired off a pass to Wallace in the end zone. That play could have only been made by Ben.

Steel Trap86
10-18-2010, 12:59 PM
If you want to epitomize what Ben means to this team, take a look at that TD to Wallace. Under all kinds of pressure, a defender wrapped around his leg and another one coming for him. He stood strong, and fired off a pass to Wallace in the end zone. That play could have only been made by Ben.

I think that was Joe Haden running a corner blitz on his blind side, he had NOBODY on him and was gunning right for Ben. Either he saw him coming or he's got some excellent instincts, cause the second he let go of the ball, Haden was on him.

And He's just getting warmed up, Miami next!

Scorp
10-18-2010, 01:45 PM
:goodpost:

STEELER 4 LIFE
10-19-2010, 12:11 AM
good enough to put a few more lombardi trophies in the case

To me thats all that really matters in the end...trophies. So i would have to say ben is right behind brady with payton in third. In the next few seasons will claim his rightful title as the BEST.

U-united
S-steelers
A-addicts