PDA

View Full Version : Group Plans Protest Of Roethlisberger Before Steelers Game

Stlrs4Life
10-14-2010, 11:31 PM
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...18/detail.html (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/25394718/detail.html)

PITTSBURGH -- One group told Channel 4 Action News that it's planning to protest quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's return to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.Sarah Ainirial told Action News reporter Marcie Cipriani that she and her group are planning a tailgate protest outside Heinz Field before the Steelers game against the Cleveland Browns at 1 p.m.
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/images/structures/buttons/button_enlarge.gif
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/2010/1004/25275853_240X180.jpg (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/image/25275853/detail.html)Ben Roethlisberger

"We're just a group of Pittsburghers who aren't OK with what happened and aren't OK with Big Ben being brought back to the field," said Ainirial.Ainirial said Roethlisberger's four-game suspension after a sexual assault allegation by a 20-year-old Georgia college student was too lenient and sends the wrong message."Players are supposed to conduct themselves in a certain manor. Players have been traded and cut from teams for things such as DUIs, drug use, bar fights. So why is it when someone is accused of assault they're just given a suspension? That's not OK. That's not adequate and we feel as though a lot of it is because of what a valuable player Ben Roethlisberger is," said Ainirial.Roethlisberger was never charged in the case.Cipriani reported that Heinz Field officials said security will check fans and confiscate any vulgar or inappropriate material targeting Roethlisberger or any other player.Pittsburgh police said they are aware of the protest plans and said a decision will be made Friday on whether or not more officers will be needed, Cipriani reported.Police said the group does not have a permit to march.

I have nothing against them protesting, it is thier right. But why didn't they protest at the pre season games?

SteelJunkie
10-14-2010, 11:48 PM
I have nothing against them protesting, it is thier right. But why didn't they protest at the pre season games?

Because that wouldn't give them the publicity they want.

Steel Trap86
10-14-2010, 11:49 PM
This is never gonna end, not this season anyway.

I could understand if he had charges pending and this was his first game back, but why do this if nobody knows what really went down?

igor0190
10-14-2010, 11:57 PM
I really wonder if these people have actually read all the facts... I mean I read some of the investigation and from what I got from it the situation basically boiled down to the girl in the bathroom never saying no, only that she "didn't think they should be doing this" (having sex). This is NOT saying NO. It is a situation involving alcohol in a bar. IMO her saying that she shouldn't be doing this was likely interpreted by Ben as she is a drunk college girl at a bar wearing a DTF (Down to F**#) name tag and she shouldn't be screwing an NFL QB. But she's not resisting or saying no.

It doesn't make him a classy guy by any stretch, but it also doesn't classify as rape or a sexual assault in my mind or obviously in the Georgia State investigators mind either. Yeah, Ben should be held to a higher standard and I think he has realized that.

Give me a break... those protesters will be drowned out in a crowd of black N gold Big Ben lovers. Nobody will even notice the 20-30 protestors.
:imho:

airbrake 1
10-15-2010, 12:25 AM
So why is it when someone is accused of assault they're just given a suspension? That's not OK. That's not adequate
let's pray we don't end up in this broad's version of america...this insolent bitch just answered her own question Why is it when someone is ACCUSED? Exactly bitch accused not arrested, charged or convicted...in your america anyone one simply accused of anything should be given your vision of what is just.... I plan on walking around the stadium hoping to encounter this bitch so that i can shoot her lame arguments down like clubbing baby seals...people like this make my blood boil this bitch has probably never set foot in heinz field... ben has served his suspension but it isn't enough...she should keep her mouth shut like ben did when he didn't appeal the sanction...some classy bitch...eh excuse my vulgarity but i can't take this much longer

chisteeler
10-15-2010, 12:37 AM
let's pray we don't end up in this broad's version of america...this insolent bitch just answered her own question Why is it when someone is ACCUSED? Exactly bitch accused not arrested, charged or convicted...in your america anyone one simply accused of anything should be given your vision of what is just.... I plan on walking around the stadium hoping to encounter this bitch so that i can shoot her lame arguments down like clubbing baby seals...people like this make my blood boil this bitch has probably never set foot in heinz field... ben has served his suspension but it isn't enough...she should keep her mouth shut like ben did when he didn't appeal the sanction...some classy bitch...eh excuse my vulgarity but i can't take this much longer

WOW! 5 "Bitches" used :cursin:...you must be pissed! :yellowthumb:

igor0190
10-15-2010, 12:53 AM
WOW! 5 "Bitches" used :cursin:...you must be pissed! :yellowthumb:

:lol::lol:
Nice rant Airbrake... pretty accurate too.

Innocent until proven guilty.
No attempt to prove guilty = innocent
He got suspended for public perception of the situation and the NFL being embarrassed by his negative publicity. Could you imagine if Ben decided to take the NFL to court because they disciplined him for something outside of the law? I wouldn't be surprised to see him easily win back his lost game checks.

The few protesting trolls will get drowned out real fast by a loud excited Steeler Nation :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-15-2010, 09:41 AM
I hope the fans there run them out of the parking lots. If I was at that game and walked by their protest stand they'd be getting a serious ear for their BS. Yes it's their right to protest, but it's also my right to tell them **** off! It's done, it's over, we're not talking about it anymore, we're moving on with the season and Ben is our QB.

I'm sorry but I'm so sick to f'n death of talking about Ben's off field issues.

steelers4life66
10-15-2010, 10:00 AM
I gotta feeling it's going to get ugly with this group Sunday......Maybe some super soakers filled with drunken ****... :greengrin:

LarryNJ
10-15-2010, 10:04 AM
I doubt it will get ugly. There will probably be a few drunk 20 year olds that will make a scene with them and give the news something to write about. But most will not even notice them and their 15 minutes of fame will last about 30 seconds. It's not news worthy.

It was the same thing here in Philly with Vicks first game.

Zachintosh66
10-15-2010, 10:08 AM
not a suprise

LatrobePA
10-15-2010, 10:38 AM
What happened???
Convicted of what???

NOTHING! What are these douchebags going to protest? Get a life you freaking losers!

TampaSteelGirl
10-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Who cares what they are NOT Ok with...take that chit somewhere where people MAY care...I hope they get stoned by Steelers fans! I don't usually wear my Ben jersey to work during the season only games but today I found it only fitting that I show my full support!!!

Im sure these protesters have NEVER done anything wrong in their entire lives...Perfect in everyway....God bless them....:clap::grin1:

--- Added 10/15/2010 at 08:48 AM ---

I really wonder if these people have actually read all the facts... I mean I read some of the investigation and from what I got from it the situation basically boiled down to the girl in the bathroom never saying no, only that she "didn't think they should be doing this" (having sex). This is NOT saying NO. It is a situation involving alcohol in a bar. IMO her saying that she shouldn't be doing this was likely interpreted by Ben as she is a drunk college girl at a bar wearing a DTF (Down to F**#) name tag and she shouldn't be screwing an NFL QB. But she's not resisting or saying no.

It doesn't make him a classy guy by any stretch, but it also doesn't classify as rape or a sexual assault in my mind or obviously in the Georgia State investigators mind either. Yeah, Ben should be held to a higher standard and I think he has realized that.

Give me a break... those protesters will be drowned out in a crowd of black N gold Big Ben lovers. Nobody will even notice the 20-30 protestors.
:imho:

Real story from someone who my friend knew and was there was they were both wasted..she was giving him a BJ and she went to throw up on him and he pushed her back so she didn't throw up on him, that's how she fell and hurt her head supposely.

jpele
10-15-2010, 10:50 AM
They have a right to their opinion,but if they want to protest they should go to New York and protest in front of Goodells' office after all he's the one that set the punishment.

Or better yet ,why not go to the GBI and ask why they didn't prosecute Ben, oh yea that's right lack of evidence.

Maybe someone should accuse the protesters of rape and see how they like being unjustly punished.

TampaSteelGirl
10-15-2010, 10:51 AM
I hope the fans there run them out of the parking lots. If I was at that game and walked by their protest stand they'd be getting a serious ear for their BS. Yes it's their right to protest, but it's also my right to tell them **** off! It's done, it's over, we're not talking about it anymore, we're moving on with the season and Ben is our QB.

I'm sorry but I'm so sick to f'n death of talking about Ben's off field issues.

hey Matt..lloyd is going to be there and you know that crazy cracker will have something to say to them!!! :rofl:

I would give anything to be there and see that!! I know I would be in her face with my Ben jersey on and saddle shoes!!! :club:

ejsteeler
10-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Total :willybs:

It is their right to protest, however stupid the reason, but I would exercise my right to heckle the hell out of them if I were there. :reddevil:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-15-2010, 11:29 AM
hey Matt..lloyd is going to be there and you know that crazy cracker will have something to say to them!!! :rofl:

I would give anything to be there and see that!! I know I would be in her face with my Ben jersey on and saddle shoes!!! :club:

Maybe we need to take an emergency trip to Pittsburgh and take care of these tards!! :banana: :evilshake:

TampaSteelGirl
10-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Maybe we need to take an emergency trip to Pittsburgh and take care of these tards!! :banana: :evilshake:

Ooh i'm so in!!! :tt02:

Lunchbucket
10-15-2010, 12:56 PM
no doubt these are the same people that beg for forgiveness when they mess up.Got no time for this nonsense.

LatrobePA
10-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Ooh i'm so in!!! :tt02:

Give them a kick in the tant for me please!! :banana:

steelersbabex25
10-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Okay..not only was he never charged or convicted of anything, he never even went to court! How can you possibly be protesting that?

:whatever1: Ben's got a lot more fans for him than he does against him.

Lunchbucket
10-15-2010, 01:39 PM
:yellowthumb:
Okay..not only was he never charged or convicted of anything, he never even went to court! How can you possibly be protesting that?

:whatever1: Ben's got a lot more fans for him than he does against him.

Good point.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-15-2010, 02:10 PM
They have a right to their opinion,but if they want to protest they should go to New York and protest in front of Goodells' office after all he's the one that set the punishment.

Or better yet ,why not go to the GBI and ask why they didn't prosecute Ben, oh yea that's right lack of evidence.

Maybe someone should accuse the protesters of rape and see how they like being unjustly punished.

they are raping us all of a good day of football...taking what they want without our permission or consent

jackhammer1
10-15-2010, 02:18 PM
They sound like a bunch of flat shoed NOW bitches.

TampaSteelGirl
10-15-2010, 03:56 PM
So basically what's she's protesting for is in favor of women who wrongly accuse women and lying about being raped..shes basically saying she's in favor who try and sponge men of power out of their hard earned money, and she's basically saying it's OK to ruin someones life by lying and condoning underage girls to go in bars illegally and get drunk and shall I go on??? Great things to protest in favor of!!! Great role model there!!! :yellowthumb:

igor0190
10-15-2010, 04:30 PM
So basically what's she's protesting for is in favor of women who wrongly accuse women and lying about being raped..shes basically saying she's in favor who try and sponge men of power out of their hard earned money, and she's basically saying it's OK to ruin someones life by lying and condoning underage girls to go in bars illegally and get drunk and shall I go on??? Great things to protest in favor of!!! Great role model there!!! :yellowthumb:

"She'll" probably be the only one there...
I severely doubt that this so called "group" will be significant in size.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Unless I just woke up from a really long drug induced haze(probably not a bad idea at this point) I don't recall actually what ben did other than what he may have done. So, don't you *******s have anything better to do with your life? This would be a great example of the people who would burn you at the stake for supposedly being a witch. eh watt.

man, what a fn country.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...18/detail.html (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/25394718/detail.html)

PITTSBURGH -- One group told Channel 4 Action News that it's planning to protest quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's return to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.Sarah Ainirial told Action News reporter Marcie Cipriani that she and her group are planning a tailgate protest outside Heinz Field before the Steelers game against the Cleveland Browns at 1 p.m.
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/images/structures/buttons/button_enlarge.gif
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/2010/1004/25275853_240X180.jpg (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/image/25275853/detail.html)Ben Roethlisberger

"We're just a group of Pittsburghers who aren't OK with what happened and aren't OK with Big Ben being brought back to the field," said Ainirial.Ainirial said Roethlisberger's four-game suspension after a sexual assault allegation by a 20-year-old Georgia college student was too lenient and sends the wrong message."Players are supposed to conduct themselves in a certain manor. Players have been traded and cut from teams for things such as DUIs, drug use, bar fights. So why is it when someone is accused of assault they're just given a suspension? That's not OK. That's not adequate and we feel as though a lot of it is because of what a valuable player Ben Roethlisberger is," said Ainirial.Roethlisberger was never charged in the case.Cipriani reported that Heinz Field officials said security will check fans and confiscate any vulgar or inappropriate material targeting Roethlisberger or any other player.Pittsburgh police said they are aware of the protest plans and said a decision will be made Friday on whether or not more officers will be needed, Cipriani reported.Police said the group does not have a permit to march.

SnakeEyes43
10-15-2010, 06:34 PM
I'll be there guys, and trust me, if I run into these bitches I will tell them whats on my mind.

steelerfan11
10-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Anyone want to go egging? :lol::tt02:

75Steeler
10-15-2010, 07:49 PM
I'd kick a protester in the dome if I were going to that game. The man has served his suspension leave him alone.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-15-2010, 07:55 PM
You know they gotta b frum clevage uh oh hi o. Man the brownies are gettin desperate. I promise to be more siked for this game than any other.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-15-2010, 08:35 PM
I'll be there guys, and trust me, if I run into these bitches I will tell them whats on my mind.

Please pass along a message to this self-righteous biatch from this woman of Steeler Nation...."SHUT UP AND GO HOME!" Please feel free to add any rude, crass and socially unacceptable language you feel appropriate to the situation. Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated! :greengrin:

DanRooney
10-15-2010, 08:49 PM
we need to start a counter-protest for the idiots who think protesting agaist Ben is going to do anything other than anger fellow Steeler fans.

jnes1216
10-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Wow, all you fans are pretty violent!:lol:

Remember in the immortal words of Sam Wyche : "You don't live in Cleveland"

Farrior Fan
10-16-2010, 06:12 AM
Hey everybody look at me! I wanna be on TV!

About 2 seconds after the kickoff no one will care about this attention seeker.

There honestly cannot be anyone that really thinks Ben has been under-punished. I firmly believe it is a travesty that Ben was suspended at all since the police in GA never brought even one charge.

If anything I think all of Steeler Nation should wear tshirts saying "she was DTF and so was Ben, only virgins can criticize"

SteelDad
10-16-2010, 12:11 PM
(Sarcasm Warning) I am shocked and greatly disturbed by many of the arrogant, violent, and ridiculous posts about these heifers, errrrrrrr, women and their right to protest outside Ben's return. You all should be ashamed of yourselves! Now, will one of you attending the game please get a picture taken with these women to prove once and for all just how Susan Boyle-ish they all are? Go Ben! Go Steelers!

Real Deal Steel
10-16-2010, 01:46 PM
These people need to go get a life. Really. No one knows exactly what happened and no one ever will. But what I do know for a fact is that an under age girl, using a fake I.D. went to a bar looking for some action, and she found it! But supposedly, it's Ben's fault. Yeah..okay. :rolleyes:

Lunchbucket
10-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Wearing my # 7 jersey to the game Sunday ,see you all there!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Best way to handle these idiots and not even waste your time in giving them any attention......They have the right to protest but they better realize that protesting at Heinz Field during a Steelers game might not be the wisest of decisions........I would laugh my *** off if things turned real ugly on these protesters......lol

For real these people need to jump off a bridge......

super cleats
10-16-2010, 06:34 PM
they want their 15 minutes of fame -- but nobody is going to give a ****.

p.s. i hope that bitch dies

SteelCityKid5
10-16-2010, 10:56 PM
No one cares about your damn protest. Why dont you go cry about it. Big Ben is back and I cannot wait till 1 pm tomorrow. Its not what you do off the field, its what you do on it.

SteelersWoman
10-17-2010, 08:04 AM
http://ludwig.squarespace.com/politics-journal/2010/4/15/the-media-lynching-of-ben-roethlisberger.html

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.

THE SORORITY SISTERS STARTED THE INITIAL COMMOTION. They felt the accuser was too drunk to be fraternizing with Roethlisberger. So they acted based upon that judgment. The facts are:

(A) The sorority sisters complained to the club manager that Ben and accuser were together in the locked bathroom. (citation forthcoming)

(B) The sorority sisters are the ones who complained to police and said it was a "rape." From the DA conference: "The Sorority Sisters were doing the talking [making the accusation]." (See DA press conference, PART-2, starts 2:42 and key part at about 3:10 and 4:00: http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/video/index.html (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/video/index.html) [also at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaRGdYizw7g (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaRGdYizw7g)])

See also, DA interview, PART-3, 10:20 http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/video/index.html (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/video/index.html) [also at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PsdE_KudoY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PsdE_KudoY)]).

(C) The officer at the scene was perturbed by the fact that the sisters were doing the talking. Post-Gazette: "The victim's friends got on Blash's Nerves because he kept asking them were they back there with her, and they said no. The victim's friends were trying to tell what was going on more than the victim was, and the victim could not answer Blash's questions."

13. THE ACCUSER HERSELF WAS UNCERTAIN ABOUT THE MATTER. When the officer on the spot said "I need to talk to the alleged victim, not [the sorority sisters]," he asked the accuser if Roethlisberger had raped her. She said:
(A). "No." (DA news conference; PART 2, starts 2:42, key point: about 4:10: http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/video/index.html (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/video/index.html) [also at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaRGdYizw7g (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaRGdYizw7g)])

THE ACCUSER'S NEXT-DAY STATEMENT OFFERED A CHANGED STORY.

airbrake 1
10-17-2010, 11:55 AM
The sorority sisters were upset Ben didn't take them in the John

blackngold29
10-17-2010, 12:47 PM
If they had a legit reason I might listen for a few seconds. But they don't. Everybody else has been convicted. Ben has been accused (by a girl so drunk she couldn't even remember the whole story). MASSIVE difference.

--- Added 10/17/2010 at 10:47 AM ---

http://ludwig.squarespace.com/politics-journal/2010/4/15/the-media-lynching-of-ben-roethlisberger.html

Very good read, thanks for sharing.

warren
10-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Are you people out of your minds? I love the Steelers too but I'm not about to forgive a rapist just cause he's got two rings. And yeah, I said he's a rapist. Seriously, he's an embarrassment to this city, and anybody that doesn't care that their star QB's a scumbag is too.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1169185/2/index.htm

And yeah, I joined so I could post this. Sorry I intruded on your board.

jnes1216
10-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Are you people out of your minds? I love the Steelers too but I'm not about to forgive a rapist just cause he's got two rings. And yeah, I said he's a rapist. Seriously, he's an embarrassment to this city, and anybody that doesn't care that their star QB's a scumbag is too.

You're citing Sports Illustrated in your defense?? Great journalistic integrity backing you up. Retard.

SteelJunkie
10-17-2010, 05:32 PM

Be gone troll go join your team. He has never been charged with any crime. Anyhow back to us winning today.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-17-2010, 05:35 PM
You're citing Sports Illustrated in your defense?? Great journalistic integrity backing you up. Retard.

Clearly this moron hasn't bothered to actually read police reports or other documentation and is speaking out of his A$$. What a complete loser--only idiots post without the first hint of knowledge of what they are talking about. LOSER

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-17-2010, 05:36 PM

Welcome aboard. You are a real genius. Glad to see you are up on the current events. Did you know your on the SA Forum Board. Just curious cause, it sounds like you may have been looking for a more fitting sport. Oh yeah, thanks for allowing me to add posts points.

steelersbabex25
10-17-2010, 05:55 PM
Welcome aboard. You are a real genius. Glad to see you are up on the current events. Did you know your on the SA Forum Board. Just curious cause, it sounds like you may have been looking for a more fitting sport for you like woman's volleyball or pong or pac man or jack ***. Just sayin. Oh yeah, thanks for allowing me to add posts points.

...is there a problem with womens volleyball?

Regardless, looks like this group didn't have too much of an impact.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-17-2010, 06:14 PM

I saw no coverage of them at all on tv...did any one see them at the game? Or were they all talk? Personally, I hope they were run off the property!

jnes1216
10-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Basically the same media driven hype with Vicks return. Although with Vick's return, I saw a couple protestor shots on the highlights. If they were protesting, they were low key as it wasn't on the broadcast. I applaud them for protesting at Heinz field if they did. That's a pretty hostile environment to display your misgivings with the starting QB. That takes some balls... or blue balls if they never went through with it.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-17-2010, 06:59 PM

None that I know of.

airbrake 1
10-17-2010, 07:33 PM
just got home from the game and those little pathetic fools were out front protesting ben, these idiots looked like the typical rent-a-mob that shows up for any left wing cause...a bunch of early twenty somethings who don't know their *** from a hole in the ground but think they know everything...these fools were really special idiots complete with terrible towels tied over their faces like old west bandits...i kept calling out a few of the cowards to uncover their face to no avail and the couple who would show their face were equally as pathetic as i told them they would be more home in north korea seeing as they don't like our criminal justice system....i couldn't even get any real enjoyment out of beating down these brainless punks and swiftly went into the stadium and i'm sure that these punks went home because I would bet the house that none of these fools have ever set foot in heinz field...and just for a real kick check out the dyke(sarah ainirial) that started this whole bullshit protests facebook page for a few laughs this ignorant bitch supports every vegan and trans-gender group on the earth, i hope this bitch runs into a real rapist some day but i'm sure any self respecting rapist would have nothing to do with this bitch c*nt...and again excuse my vulgarity i can't take these *******s any longer hopefully this is the last we will see of them, until the next obama election...go steelers

MattyVfromCT
10-17-2010, 11:54 PM
just got home from the game and those little pathetic fools were out front protesting ben, these idiots looked like the typical rent-a-mob that shows up for any left wing cause...a bunch of early twenty somethings who don't know their *** from a hole in the ground but think they know everything...these fools were really special idiots complete with terrible towels tied over their faces like old west bandits...i kept calling out a few of the cowards to uncover their face to no avail and the couple who would show their face were equally as pathetic as i told them they would be more home in north korea seeing as they don't like our criminal justice system....i couldn't even get any real enjoyment out of beating down these brainless punks and swiftly went into the stadium and i'm sure that these punks went home because I would bet the house that none of these fools have ever set foot in heinz field...and just for a real kick check out the dyke(sarah ainirial) that started this whole bullshit protests facebook page for a few laughs this ignorant bitch supports every vegan and trans-gender group on the earth, i hope this bitch runs into a real rapist some day but i'm sure any self respecting rapist would have nothing to do with this bitch c*nt...and again excuse my vulgarity i can't take these *******s any longer hopefully this is the last we will see of them, until the next obama election...go steelers

DAYUM! :lol:

nuclearchihuahuas
10-17-2010, 11:59 PM

Please...tell us what you really think! LOL! :lol: :banana: :bunny: :plus1:

Thanks for the info--loved the commentary! :yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-18-2010, 12:54 PM
:lol: So you weren't too impressed with them I take it?

I don't think anyone really thought these people were going to be anything legitimate and judging by the response that Ben got yesterday and from the weeks leading up to this game, everyone knew he would be welcomed.

People like this are certainly allowed to protest, it's their right like any other cause has but I hope they seriously didn't think they were going to make any difference in the minds of fans who came to see Ben get back on the field. I laughed when I first heard about this so called protest because you just knew that it was going to be nothing more than a blip with some people just looking to get their 15 minutes of fame in the media.

TampaSteelGirl
10-18-2010, 01:01 PM
I heard there were only about 20 protestors....so where were they other Pittsburghers who were NOT OK with Ben???? They were probably her family and friends out there embarrassing themselves and why make a point if you aren't going to own up and show your face??????

Oh and don't hide behind your terrible town....Myron CAN see you!!!!! :yellowthumb:

Scorp
10-18-2010, 01:42 PM
:goodpost:

lloydfan4life
10-18-2010, 06:57 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words.......

I don't see any Ben protestors here.... :dunno:

4CyyvgoF7x4

igor0190
10-20-2010, 11:00 AM
http://nicepickcowher.com/2010/10/19/roethlisberger-protesters-display-ignorance-stupidity/

You may have heard Ben Roethlisberger made his triumphant return to Heinz Field this past Sunday. What you may not have heard about was the group outside the stadium protesting his return. The reason you didn’t hear about this band of tree-hugging imbeciles is because their outrage enticed a grand total of twenty people into action. The often-mocked PNC Park walkout a few years ago got about 100 people to join.
Yes, more people protested the Pirates stinking for eighteen years than cared about Ben’s off-season shenanigans. Then again, at least Pirate fans have a legitimate reason to be upset.
I have no problem with standing up for what you believe in but take a gander at those buffoons. Covering your face with gold bandannas? Are they protesting sexual assault or robbing a bank? Granted most of them probably have good reason to conceal their facial features but dressing up like dime store homages to Sub-Zero doesn’t exactly help people take you seriously. Besides, that picture already pretty much confirms any suspicion that they’re out protesting Ben’s sexual activities because they are incapable of having any themselves.
These “protesters” were kids dressing up early for Halloween, right? I mean, this had to be a joke because nobody who honestly cared about their cause would make such a mockery of it.
I’m extremely passionate about the Pittsburgh Steelers. All my life, I’ve been proud to say I’m a Steeler fan. For those of us born and raised in Pittsburgh, the Black and Gold are more than just a team. They represent our city and we want them to represent it well. We don’t embrace jerks, showboaters, or thugs. We’re the gold standard of the NFL.
So when the Ben story first broke, I was upset. And I lashed out. I was far from the only one. Local television stations ran polls showing over 50% of the viewers wanted Ben cut immediately. Steelers owner Dan Rooney admitted in a recent ESPN interview that he was “furious” when he first heard the news. It’s human nature to be angry when somebody or something you put great faith in disappoints you.
It’s been over six months since That Night In Milledgeville. I’ve had time to calm down and objectively look at the facts. And the only objective conclusion one can reach is that there is absolutely no concrete proof Ben did anything illegal. Was his behavior ideal? It certainly wasn’t. But I would hardly call an underage girl following a man she didn’t know from bar to bar while drinking herself into a drunken horny stupor beyond reproach. Blame for irresponsible behavior belongs to EVERYBODY involved in this sordid affair. And as the Georgia D.A. said when he announced Ben would not face charges, “We prosecute crimes, not morals.”
Too bad Roger Goodell doesn’t follow that same standard when handing out his ridiculous and arbitrary suspensions. How’s that Brett Favre investigation coming along, Ginger Dictator?
What aggravates me about the Big Ben situation is people want to make it a black and white issue when the world is full of shades of gray. Everybody wants to paint me in a corner by saying, “He’s a Ben hater.” or “You support a rapist.” Fans from other cities insult Steeler Nation for cheering Ben, not understanding that forgiveness does not mean condonation. These goofy protesters hear the accusations and immediately break out their crayons and magic markers to make up their stupid little signs.
Intelligent people listen to all sides of an issue and adjust their opinions accordingly. The greatest sign of ignorance is refusing to change your beliefs despite clear and compelling evidence to the contrary.
Has Ben made mistakes? He sure has. Has he been a jerk towards people? Yes, he has. Has his arrogance alienated teammates? Most definitely. Even though some Steeler fans refused to believe it, I’ve criticized him for all these things in the past because I tell it like it is. In recent interviews, Ben himself has owned up to behaving in a less than desirable way and acknowledged he would strive to be a better person in the future.
However, does this make him guilty of the allegations down in Georgia? No, it does not. The case was investigated and dropped. End of story.
I admit, I’m rooting for Ben. Not Big Ben the Super Bowl winning quarterback. I’m rooting for Ben Roethlisberger the person. I have faith that he’ll grow into a positive role model, a good citizen, and a respected member of the community. Ben was placed on a pedestal by a great many people and the resulting arrogance very nearly cost him everything. Listening to his recent interviews with Bill Cowher and Merril Hoge, I believe this experience has left Ben a humbled man and through that humility he has found the moral compass he once lacked. And for that we should offer support, not scorn.

steelers4life66
10-20-2010, 11:25 AM
http://nicepickcowher.com/2010/10/19/roethlisberger-protesters-display-ignorance-stupidity/

You may have heard Ben Roethlisberger made his triumphant return to Heinz Field this past Sunday. What you may not have heard about was the group outside the stadium protesting his return. The reason you didn’t hear about this band of tree-hugging imbeciles is because their outrage enticed a grand total of twenty people into action. The often-mocked PNC Park walkout a few years ago got about 100 people to join.
Yes, more people protested the Pirates stinking for eighteen years than cared about Ben’s off-season shenanigans. Then again, at least Pirate fans have a legitimate reason to be upset.
I have no problem with standing up for what you believe in but take a gander at those buffoons. Covering your face with gold bandannas? Are they protesting sexual assault or robbing a bank? Granted most of them probably have good reason to conceal their facial features but dressing up like dime store homages to Sub-Zero doesn’t exactly help people take you seriously. Besides, that picture already pretty much confirms any suspicion that they’re out protesting Ben’s sexual activities because they are incapable of having any themselves.
These “protesters” were kids dressing up early for Halloween, right? I mean, this had to be a joke because nobody who honestly cared about their cause would make such a mockery of it.
I’m extremely passionate about the Pittsburgh Steelers. All my life, I’ve been proud to say I’m a Steeler fan. For those of us born and raised in Pittsburgh, the Black and Gold are more than just a team. They represent our city and we want them to represent it well. We don’t embrace jerks, showboaters, or thugs. We’re the gold standard of the NFL.
So when the Ben story first broke, I was upset. And I lashed out. I was far from the only one. Local television stations ran polls showing over 50% of the viewers wanted Ben cut immediately. Steelers owner Dan Rooney admitted in a recent ESPN interview that he was “furious” when he first heard the news. It’s human nature to be angry when somebody or something you put great faith in disappoints you.
It’s been over six months since That Night In Milledgeville. I’ve had time to calm down and objectively look at the facts. And the only objective conclusion one can reach is that there is absolutely no concrete proof Ben did anything illegal. Was his behavior ideal? It certainly wasn’t. But I would hardly call an underage girl following a man she didn’t know from bar to bar while drinking herself into a drunken horny stupor beyond reproach. Blame for irresponsible behavior belongs to EVERYBODY involved in this sordid affair. And as the Georgia D.A. said when he announced Ben would not face charges, “We prosecute crimes, not morals.”
Too bad Roger Goodell doesn’t follow that same standard when handing out his ridiculous and arbitrary suspensions. How’s that Brett Favre investigation coming along, Ginger Dictator?
What aggravates me about the Big Ben situation is people want to make it a black and white issue when the world is full of shades of gray. Everybody wants to paint me in a corner by saying, “He’s a Ben hater.” or “You support a rapist.” Fans from other cities insult Steeler Nation for cheering Ben, not understanding that forgiveness does not mean condonation. These goofy protesters hear the accusations and immediately break out their crayons and magic markers to make up their stupid little signs.
Intelligent people listen to all sides of an issue and adjust their opinions accordingly. The greatest sign of ignorance is refusing to change your beliefs despite clear and compelling evidence to the contrary.
Has Ben made mistakes? He sure has. Has he been a jerk towards people? Yes, he has. Has his arrogance alienated teammates? Most definitely. Even though some Steeler fans refused to believe it, I’ve criticized him for all these things in the past because I tell it like it is. In recent interviews, Ben himself has owned up to behaving in a less than desirable way and acknowledged he would strive to be a better person in the future.
However, does this make him guilty of the allegations down in Georgia? No, it does not. The case was investigated and dropped. End of story.
I admit, I’m rooting for Ben. Not Big Ben the Super Bowl winning quarterback. I’m rooting for Ben Roethlisberger the person. I have faith that he’ll grow into a positive role model, a good citizen, and a respected member of the community. Ben was placed on a pedestal by a great many people and the resulting arrogance very nearly cost him everything. Listening to his recent interviews with Bill Cowher and Merril Hoge, I believe this experience has left Ben a humbled man and through that humility he has found the moral compass he once lacked. And for that we should offer support, not scorn.

That was a great article dude!! :clap: