PDA

View Full Version : McCoy vs. Steelers = Disaster

SnakeEyes43
10-12-2010, 01:31 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/18798/colt-mccoy-vs-steelers-a-recipe-for-disaster

:yellowthumb::cope::tt02::cope::tt02:

And I'll be there!

DanRooney
10-12-2010, 03:39 AM
would rather play jake delhomme or seneca wallace tbh

Hampton98
10-12-2010, 04:06 AM
I have the Steelers defense in fantasy football. :D

LatrobePA
10-12-2010, 10:42 AM
would rather play jake delhomme or seneca wallace tbh

Ditto, seems like an easy win, BUT!!!!

SteelDad
10-12-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm not taking anything for granted. Should this be a 'W?' Hell yes! But I've seen this type of thing blow up in our face before.

LatrobePA
10-12-2010, 11:21 AM
The Browns have a defense too...Lets not forget that!!

nuclearchihuahuas
10-12-2010, 11:36 AM

Do you know if Hillis is going to play? He looked injured last weekend.

LatrobePA
10-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Do you know if Hillis is going to play? He looked injured last weekend.

He'll play....:yesnod:

cmerrifield
10-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Hillis is on my fantasy team and this is what ESPN.com is saying
Hillis, who said he suffered a pulled quad muscle during this past Thursday's practice, aggravated the injury in the third quarter of Sunday's game against the Falcons, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.
Spin: Hillis was able to carry Sunday, but it's reasonable to expect him to be somewhat limited at practice this coming week.

A rookie QB and Hillis not at 100% sounds good to me, although does J. Harrison have anything left in his tank?

LatrobePA
10-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Hillis is on my fantasy team and this is what ESPN.com is saying
Hillis, who said he suffered a pulled quad muscle during this past Thursday's practice, aggravated the injury in the third quarter of Sunday's game against the Falcons, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.
Spin: Hillis was able to carry Sunday, but it's reasonable to expect him to be somewhat limited at practice this coming week.

A rookie QB and Hillis not at 100% sounds good to me, although does J. Harrison have anything left in his tank?

I'm not worried about stopping their O but the opposite...

TampaSteelGirl
10-12-2010, 11:53 AM
There is absoutely no easy win in the NFL...when you think that then it does blow up in your face. While I feel bad for McCoy having to play against our Defense they better stay focused and play to win for the entire 60 minutes!!!!!! :tt02:

75Steeler
10-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah nothing is a given in the NFL. Damn I want this win though!

Farrior Fan
10-12-2010, 12:14 PM
:tt02:from the article in the first post " the Browns signed Brett Ratliff, who was told he's the backup for McCoy in the Week 6 rivalry game against the Pittsburgh Steelers (3-1). Ratliff was one of the Browns' final cuts this summer. "

I have a feeling Ratliff might see some action in this game. Colt seems like a good kid so I feel bad for him.

I also have the Steelers D in fantasy fb and am really hoping for a shutout. 10 bonus pts!!!!!:tt02:

--- Added 10/12/2010 at 10:14 AM ---

and hopefully Lebeau doesn't let Tomlin call the defensive plays at the end of the game again. Bring the blitz 90% of the time = Steelers domination.

LatrobePA
10-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Ryan was blitzing the **** out of Farve last night in the final drives, I was thinking why in the hell didn't we do that with Flacco the week B4??

Yes I agree, bring the heat all damn game!!

SnakeEyes43
10-12-2010, 02:11 PM
My favorite quote is "Any given Sunday" for a reason. But man, with the loss last year, and the fact I'll be there, I want them to tear out the Stains throat and send them to Cleavland with their tails between their legs. At 4:15, when they are on their way home, they need to feel like they just played the most physical team in the NFL. I don't see us losing, but the Stains have been very competitive this year. BUT I don't see McCoy beating this veteran D at home....:crossfingers: :cope::tt02::cope:

KemoTherapy
10-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Nothing's a given after the debacle losing streak of last season.

Troyisabeast_43
10-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Doesnt matter who starts at QB for the Browns whether it's McCoy,Wallace,or Delhomme if the Steelers lose this game and lose another division game at home their chances of catching the Ravens and winning the AFC North go completely down the toilet in my opinion. There is an old saying in the NFL is that you better beat the bad teams on your schedule and you especially better beat them at home. A loss to the Browns on Sunday in my opinion will signal doom for the rest of the season. It wont happen though and I expect the Steelers to win this game going away in pretty comfortable fashion...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2010, 04:39 PM
This is a pivotal game for the Steelers right now; not only because it's Ben's first game back but traditionally this is a game where they would play down to their competition and either lose or almost lose. If they want to be taken seriously, they need to step up and take the Browns out of the game from the get go. McCoy, Delhomme, or Tiny Tim at QB makes no difference.

Diamondhead
10-12-2010, 07:49 PM
This is a pivotal game for the Steelers right now; not only because it's Ben's first game back but traditionally this is a game where they would play down to their competition and either lose or almost lose. If they want to be taken seriously, they need to step up and take the Browns out of the game from the get go. McCoy, Delhomme, or Tiny Tim at QB makes no difference.

Dead on. Steelers need to make sure the Browns don't "linger." Offensive needs to come out prepared and focused. That means touchdowns in the redzone. Shake that rust off quickly, Ben!

Colt needs to be taken out behind the barn and mercifully "put down." Sorry son , but it's the glue factory for ya.:imho:

steelersbabex25
10-12-2010, 08:04 PM
..:crossfingers:

jpele
10-12-2010, 08:18 PM
McCoy, Delhomme, or Tiny Tim at QB makes no difference.

I think they cut Tiny to make room for Ratliff.:lol:

K Train
10-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Doesnt matter who starts at QB for the Browns whether it's McCoy,Wallace,or Delhomme if the Steelers lose this game and lose another division game at home their chances of catching the Ravens and winning the AFC North go completely down the toilet in my opinion. There is an old saying in the NFL is that you better beat the bad teams on your schedule and you especially better beat them at home. A loss to the Browns on Sunday in my opinion will signal doom for the rest of the season. It wont happen though and I expect the Steelers to win this game going away in pretty comfortable fashion...
down the drain? doubt it. the ravens could easily fall flat on their face

mccoy will only have success running for his life, he has wheels, thats about it.

coach
10-12-2010, 09:02 PM
How many sacks did Cleveland put on us last year? I have to believe that the loss from last year is still fresh in the mind of some of the players.

I am actually hoping that our offensive plan is run, run, run, pretend to throw and run, then tell them you're going to run it and run.
Even when your in the punt formation, run it.

Cleveland's D is 23rd D when the O gives them a blow:
23 Cleveland 1716 343.2 1116 223.2 600 120.0 97 19.4

Imagine if we can move the ball up and down the field and these guys are gassed.

K Train
10-12-2010, 09:30 PM
id like to see ANYONE steam roll pouncey like they did hartwig in that game...simply not going to happen

Stlrs4Life
10-12-2010, 10:59 PM

Fully agree. Don't care if McCoy is a rookie, the Browns OL gives him time, I'm sure he could get the job done. But on the other hand, sure LebBeau has seen this before.

Callax
10-12-2010, 11:18 PM
If Pitt plays like it has the last several weeks, Hillis or not, Pitt will win!! Run "D" is stout, Pass "D" is looking good with Polamalu healthy....
The taste of last year's bitter loss should be all the motivation he team needs to put them in their place and that is in last place!!!
stomp these *** clowns sunday and put a "W" in the column!!

SnakeEyes43
10-13-2010, 01:55 AM
id like to see ANYONE steam roll pouncey like they did hartwig in that game...simply not going to happen

Yeah Hartwig had a terrible game against the Stains last year. I've been excited to see Ben in action behind Pouncey.

Real Deal Steel
10-13-2010, 02:14 AM
I have the Steelers defense in fantasy football. :D

Me too. :yellowthumb:

coldrolled
10-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Fully agree. Don't care if McCoy is a rookie, the Browns OL gives him time, I'm sure he could get the job done. But on the other hand, sure LebBeau has seen this before.

mccoy :thinking: deer in headlights... ike needs to hold onto a few mccoy passes. :yellowthumb:

--- Added 10/13/2010 at 05:36 AM ---

Nothing's a given after the debacle losing streak of last season.

we need to come out with a relentless attack on offense, none of this AFCN conservative offensive crap. we've had 4 weeks of that.... this game should end up like the tampa game.

Troyisabeast_43
10-13-2010, 04:01 PM
down the drain? doubt it. the ravens could easily fall flat on their face

mccoy will only have success running for his life, he has wheels, thats about it.

I wont say completely down the drain but you cant lose 2 games in the division at home which is what will happen if the Steelers lose to the Browns on Sunday here and still expect to win this division when you have a team as good as the Ravens in your division who already beat you and you still have to go to their place to play in December. As much as you or I would love to see the Ravens fall flat on their face and crash and burn in reality you,I, and everybody on this board knows that is wishful thinking and is not going to happen. The Ravens are a pretty good team and the Ravens schedule while it's not a cakewalk by any means, they do have a lot of games coming up here over the next month or so that they probably are going to win. So if your the Steelers and you expect to still win this division you cannot go dropping games at home to a team like the Browns and still expect to win this division realistically when you are already 0-2 in the division at home, and already a game behind the Ravens who have the tiebraker in hand by beating you as well. The Ravens are going to win more games then they lose most likely before the Steelers see them in December, the Steelers just have to make sure they dont drop a game to teams like the Browns and make the Ravens margin for error decrease.

LatrobePA
10-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Expect to see a lot of Cribbs and the silly *** wildcat BS!

A Pac
10-14-2010, 11:05 AM

for the first time in a while, it's a true statement. they're defense is giving up 15.4 points per game if you take out the 3 pick-6s. that is much better than 26 per game last year. we are being competitive, which is why i'm happy. he have had a chance to win every game this year and i think that we can still win on sunday. however, i'm not getting my hopes up too high. we most probably still lose by 10.

--- Added 10/14/2010 at 09:05 AM ---

that's what i've been saying to people. lebeau is going to throw so many different blitz packages at mccoy that he won't know where to turn. he is going to be looking over his shoulder all day long.

LatrobePA
10-14-2010, 11:18 AM
for the first time in a while, it's a true statement. they're defense is giving up 15.4 points per game if you take out the 3 pick-6s. that is much better than 26 per game last year. we are being competitive, which is why i'm happy. he have had a chance to win every game this year and i think that we can still win on sunday. however, i'm not getting my hopes up too high. we most probably still lose by 10.

--- Added 10/14/2010 at 09:05 AM ---

that's what i've been saying to people. lebeau is going to throw so many different blitz packages at mccoy that he won't know where to turn. he is going to be looking over his shoulder all day long.

Yes sir, you all will make it a close game..This isn't the Browns of old!

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Sit back and watch. If we can't beat the stains then we ain't goin nowhere. imo.

LatrobePA
10-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Sit back and watch. If we can't beat the stains then we ain't goin nowhere. imo.

I agree 100000%

After our losing streak last year I need to see this team rebound after a loss!

coldrolled
10-14-2010, 01:43 PM

just ask the bengals how not going anywhere is working out.

browns laid some wood on batman/robin and the joker.

any sunday the browns can win.. except this sunday... :cope:

bens pissed
mendenhall/redman need to break out
we have one injured player - essex
home game
our d stops the run. hillis is hurt.
browns have no veteran qb..
the browns have a long list of injuries
good luck cleveland :cope:

coldrolled
10-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Eric Mangini said McCoy is not only accurate but efficient, which should help against a team that's first in the AFC with 12 takeaways.

"He has thrown down the field, but it's not going to be a function of forcing the ball anywhere," Mangini said. "You can't force the ball into spots against this defense."

In addition to defenders flying at him from all angles, McCoy will have to be aware of where ballhawk safety Troy Polamalu is at all times. Polamalu has two interceptions this season, 22 for his career.

"You've got to go with what you see and be confident and make sure you're not telegraphing your intentions," said Mangini. "You've just got to be definitive and not hold things."

The Browns are prepared to support McCoy with a power running game, use of the wildcat and a line that's on point. McCoy can also make plays with his feet when he needs to.

"He needs all the time he can get to sit back there and try to read the defense and figure out what they're trying to do," said Joe Thomas. "But he doesn't have to make it bigger than it is. This isn't the Super Bowl. He's a natural back there. The kid's a winner. He knows how to play the quarterback position."

greennick
10-17-2010, 09:47 PM
He performed relatively OK in the end. Looks like he could be a player.

Speeed
10-17-2010, 09:55 PM
I hate the guy's name, but he played quite respectively. In a few years I think he could be a threat. He played much better than I thought he would. He does look like he is twelve though. I envisioned the scene from Fast Times when Jefferson is growling at the other team and they are shaking. I compare that to Harrison, Timmons, etc. chasing down McCoy!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Give the guy credit, he was knocked around all game long but he hung in the pocket, took the hits, and made a lot of nice plays. He showed the typical rookie mistakes in judgment at times but overall considering what he was up against he deserves some props.

steelersbabex25
10-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Give the guy credit, he was knocked around all game long but he hung in the pocket, took the hits, and made a lot of nice plays. He showed the typical rookie mistakes in judgment at times but overall considering what he was up against he deserves some props.

Hung in the pocket?! He dashed out of that pocket if there was nothing open after 2 seconds.

LatrobePA
10-17-2010, 10:37 PM
The rookie had more passing yards with little to no wr's than Ben going against our badass defense, I'd say he did very well...

Lunchbucket
10-17-2010, 10:41 PM
He did better than I expected against our D, a hostle enviorment,and losing 2 WR's.Tough assingment for any QB to play Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh,let alone you first NFL start. I think the Browns got a QB.

Blitzburgh55
10-18-2010, 12:13 AM
He played just as well if not better than Matt Ryan and Vince Young

Scorp
10-18-2010, 01:57 PM
:goodpost:

Steel Trap86
10-18-2010, 02:01 PM
I knew he would lose the game, but I didn't expect McCoy to be a disaster. While the Steelers D is lights out against the run, they are easier to complete quick passes against and that's what McCoy did.

It only gets easier for the guy now

A Pac
10-18-2010, 02:40 PM
I was very pleased to see McCoy play as well as he did. Starting your first game against the best defense in the league was not easy and be impressed eeryvody who saw him. He did run when the pocket collapsed in the slightest, but he's a rookie and every rookie does that. He will learn.

There were a lot of passes that he made that a lot of veterans wouldn't have made. He didn't try to force passes either. His first pick was a nice pass that hit the guy right in the hands. He could have caught it. The second one was just a bad throw that got tipped. Most of the time, that pass hits the ground but this time someone was standing there to grab it. Good job Colt, hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

steelfury455
10-18-2010, 03:07 PM
The stains found their future QB in McCoy. Dude went 17/23 in the second half as a rookie 7th rounder against our D?? He'll be a thorn for sure...

coldrolled
10-18-2010, 03:19 PM
The stains found their future QB in McCoy. Dude went 17/23 in the second half as a rookie 7th rounder against our D?? He'll be a thorn for sure...

Top of the 3rd round

indy_steelers
10-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Interesting to think that the Brows were really close to cutting him.

Scorp
10-20-2010, 04:29 PM
:goodpost: