PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else missing Santonio Holmes?

steelersbabex25
10-11-2010, 10:22 PM
It hasn't really hit me until...now. I just realized how big of a mistake it was for the Steelers to get rid of him. Granted, the 4 game suspension hurt, but I'm watching the Jets game and he is just...so good. In a few years he's going to be more of a superstar then he already is and it's gonna hurt knowing that we just gave away all that talent. Damn I miss that boy.

SnakeEyes43
10-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Not really. He always showed up big for the Ratbirds, and he is talented, but whats done is done. Plus he was probably gone anyway, before the season there were rumors that he wanted more money and was interested in going elsewhere. So no point in dwelling on it.

Anyways, I'm excited to see what Wallace, Sanders, and Brown can do this year and beyond.:towel:

Steelers_All_Day_43
10-11-2010, 10:54 PM
MEEEEEEEE! I want him back.

LatrobePA
10-11-2010, 11:32 PM
It's like watching an ex kissing someone else, he's cheating on us...lol

Real Deal Steel
10-11-2010, 11:46 PM
It hasn't really hit me until...now. I just realized how big of a mistake it was for the Steelers to get rid of him. Granted, the 4 game suspension hurt, but I'm watching the Jets game and he is just...so good. In a few years he's going to be more of a superstar then he already is and it's gonna hurt knowing that we just gave away all that talent. Damn I miss that boy.

I don't see how you could miss him. He wouldn't have had any impact on where we are right now. Besides, I have faith that Brown and Sanders will pan out and take our WR corps places we've never seen before.

Big T
10-11-2010, 11:51 PM
http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/smiles/smiles_407.gif

DanRooney
10-12-2010, 02:38 AM
I don't see how you could miss him. He wouldn't have had any impact on where we are right now. Besides, I have faith that Brown and Sanders will pan out and take our WR corps places we've never seen before.

Chances of seeing Sanders or Brown having any significant playing time this season? Slim to none. :yellowthumb:

woo Randle El :evilshake:

Scorp
10-12-2010, 05:26 AM
We seem to be doing just fine without him. We'll see how he performs when he has to face his former team.

steelersbabex25
10-12-2010, 06:53 AM
He just always seemed to be the difference between a game winning drive and a game ending interception. He was Ben's go to guy when he needed that one big play to get the offense going.

cmerrifield
10-12-2010, 07:47 AM
I also heard the rumors he wanted BIG money, so I think you only are talking 12 more games he would have not been a Steeler. Plus, one more failed drug test and his suspension is an entire season. So no, I dont miss him.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2010, 08:21 AM
So far we aren't missing him too much. Wallace is stepping up nicely and Ward is still his reliable self. ARE has been ok this year. I said from the beginning that getting rid of Holmes was a bad idea simply because we had no depth if nothing else. Wallace is fine, but so far Brown and Sanders have barely sniffed the field on offense. I want to see these guys step up and take ahold of that position at the 3rd WR spot. They both had such good camps and preseason but they've been really quiet so far this year.

DanRooney
10-12-2010, 09:39 AM
I was at the Meadowlands for the game last night. It was pretty cool seeing 3 future HOF'ers in Favre, Moss and LT on the same field as well as Santonio.

LatrobePA
10-12-2010, 09:43 AM
I was at the Meadowlands for the game last night. It was pretty cool seeing 3 future HOF'ers in Favre, Moss and LT on the same field as well as Santonio.

Did you get wet?? lol

I bet that was awesome!

LarryNJ
10-12-2010, 10:34 AM
I also heard the rumors he wanted BIG money, so I think you only are talking 12 more games he would have not been a Steeler. Plus, one more failed drug test and his suspension is an entire season. So no, I dont miss him.
:plus1:

Good WR's are not that difficult to find, it's like a good RB. They are every where. He is a good WR but not great. Plus it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he fails another test.

That being said I'll always appreciate what he did for the team, especially the last drive on that Feb. evening. :)

Thanks for the memories Santonio...Best of Luck to you in NY!

Blazedby92
10-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Not me, Thanks for the memories Tone but got to move on.

TampaSteelGirl
10-12-2010, 12:24 PM
NO.....2 simple words....Mike Wallace. :OA02:

75Steeler
10-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah Wallace is becoming a hell of a target and he will only look better with Ben back in the game.

LatrobePA
10-12-2010, 12:34 PM
You have to admit, Holmes is clutch!! His game sealing first down catch in the rain was $$$.....

However I do agree, Wallace can and will fill in nicely!! I also think Brown or Sanders can also make a huge impact...

SteelCityKid5
10-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Im not a fan of Diva wideouts, so no thanks. I dont miss him

KemoTherapy
10-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Still pissed they traded him to an AFC team and that they only got a 5th rounder for him. How many 5th rounders even see the field never mind being an impact player. I see Brown and Sanders as being 1-2 years away from making an impact. Certainly doesn't help the situation when they really aren't playing either of them. Who knows, maybe Limas Sweed catches 80 balls next year !!. There's your joke for the day.

igor0190
10-12-2010, 01:17 PM
We definately got hosed on only getting a 5th rounder for Holmes...
He is a diva though and just like Plax, I won't be surprised if he does something stupid to get himself in trouble.

LatrobePA
10-12-2010, 01:24 PM
We definately got hosed on only getting a 5th rounder for Holmes...
He is a diva though and just like Plax, I won't be surprised if he does something stupid to get himself in trouble.

Wake and bake!:yellowthumb:

coldrolled
10-12-2010, 02:07 PM
i missed ben.. wallace, hines, miller and even mendy miss ben...

whos number 10, isnt number 10 dixon? :lol:

we will see this week who ben likes.. A few MIA WR's should start playing more now that we can actually pass again.

Troyisabeast_43
10-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Chances of seeing Sanders or Brown having any significant playing time this season? Slim to none. :yellowthumb:

woo Randle El :evilshake:

Tomlin said today at his Press Conference that Sanders will dress this week and see action at kick and punt returner and at receiver as well. So it looks like both Sanders and Brown are going to start dressing now that Ben is back and leading the offense...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2010, 05:20 PM
I really thought Sanders would really start to make an impact in the coming weeks after the bye. I expect him to take advantage of his chances and really start to show what he's got. If Sanders or Brown, if not both, are not seeing more playing time by the end of the year than ARE is then there is something wrong IMO.

K Train
10-12-2010, 06:28 PM

he wouldnt have an impact? over randle ****ing el? thats a joke.

i was hoping that wallace would be just like santonio, and i love wallace but i was wrong about the type of player he is. hes sooooo fast and makes incredible adjustments to the ball in the air but santonio was 10000x tougher than wallace is, hes ind of a pussy. even nate washington was a substantial amount more physical than wallace

steelersbabex25
10-12-2010, 07:02 PM

i was hoping that wallace would be just like santonio, and i love wallace but i was wrong about the type of player he is. hes sooooo fast and makes incredible adjustments to the ball in the air but santonio was 10000x tougher than wallace is, hes ind of a pussy. even nate washington was a substantial amount more physical than wallace

Agreed. Santonio wasn't the fastest or tallest guy on the field, but he was one of the most reliable Steeler recievers I can remember having in a long time. You could always count on him to go up and make that impossible catch when it looked like he didn't have a chance. He was a difference maker on the field, no doubt about it.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I loved Holmes as much as any Steelers fan and I was one of the few that was screaming to trade up for Holmes in the 2006 draft while most in the Nation wanted Lendale White......

Yes the Steelers made a terrible trade in just receiving a 5th rounder for Holmes but really Santonio forced the Steelers hands.......As others pointed out in this thread Holmes would have been wanting a huge pay day when his contract was up.....I doubt the Steelers would have matched the money he wanted.....There was rumors that Holmes also wanted to play in a bigger market........

Plus no matter how upset some of you that Holmes is gone.......Its funny that most don't understand the next time Holmes is suspended for substance abuse it will be a whole season.....I still like Holmes but the Steelers couldn't take that risk........I hate seeing him in green and white but I didn't think he would resign with the Steelers anyway.......I rather him be gone sooner then later.......If he would remained until his contract was up and then left then I would have been more pissed....lol

Before anybody brings up Ben and why the Steelers kept Ben......Its more difficult to replace a franchise QB then a WR.......I think Holmes will miss the Steelers more then the Steelers miss him.......

I'm not impressed with the Jets and I don't care that Sanchez hasn't turned the ball over yet this season in my opinion he is still over-rated.......The Jets don't worry me at all and even the Vikings made their defense look human when the Jets should have closed out the game earlier then they did........Noway that game should have been that close last night......Favre was terrible......lol

GoBenGo
10-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Nope....moving forward.....The #10 jersey should be decommissioned

Stlrs4Life
10-12-2010, 09:55 PM
He just always seemed to be the difference between a game winning drive and a game ending interception. He was Ben's go to guy when he needed that one big play to get the offense going.

Jury is still out, I'm willing to bet Wallace makes us forget Holmes.

Root4Stlrs
10-13-2010, 01:18 AM
we will see this week who ben likes.. A few MIA WR's should start playing more now that we can actually pass again.

Exactly. I don't think the coaches wanted to play the new guys very much with the tenuous situation at QB. I'm hoping they let Sanders and Brown play more now with Ben back. They're starting Pouncey so am hoping they've decided to be less conservative with rookies -- after Art Rooney's comment about developing young talent more quickly.

Captcoolhand
10-13-2010, 03:57 AM
Jury is still out, I'm willing to bet Wallace makes us forget Holmes.
He played for this team? :scratch:

SteelCityKid5
10-13-2010, 01:38 PM

In all honesty, I thought you said it takes a wideout 3 years to fully develop?

K Train
10-13-2010, 02:25 PM
In all honesty, I thought you said it takes a wideout 3 years to fully develop?

sometimes it does...wallace didnt, he was effective at the pro level right away, and pretty much so was holmes.

hes just not tough and hes not much of a route runner, the route running has improved and will improve more with time, toughness and physicality that might never get any better. all im saying is holmes brought a real physical presence to the team. one time i saw him stone wall kamerion wimbley, i would expect wallace to avoid that kind of contact.

holmes+wallace+ward+miller+mendenhall would be magical with players like wallace and mendenhall making huge strides all the time

TampaSteelGirl
10-13-2010, 02:50 PM
sometimes it does...wallace didnt, he was effective at the pro level right away, and pretty much so was holmes.

IMO Santonio was not as effective at the pro level right away...Wallace yes..Santonio no.

K Train
10-13-2010, 03:32 PM
he had some fumbling issues early, especially as a PR, but he really came on strong down the final stretch

LatrobePA
10-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Wake and bake beotches!!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:h9AVMhajM3G2MM:http://www.testriffic.com/resultfiles/17461grannys_weed_big.jpg

super cleats
10-13-2010, 04:40 PM
apart from that super bowl game... he isn't some kick-*** guy like andre johnson or calvin johnson is.

that super bowl game made him over-rated

K Train
10-13-2010, 04:45 PM
apart from that super bowl game... he isn't some kick-*** guy like andre johnson or calvin johnson is.

that super bowl game made him over-rated
andre johnson and calvin johnson are the top 2 WRs in the league and are complete freaks of nature that are bigger, faster, stronger than most players on any field. they can come down with a ball in traffic around 9 guys, no one was comparing santonio to the elite WRs in the league....but he is better than alot of other guys like greg jennings, roddy white, and other guys like that

super cleats
10-13-2010, 06:03 PM
steelersbabex25 called him a superstar, i was listing superstars.

I'm sorry but Greg Jennings is better than Holmes, Holmes had 1 Great year, Jennings has had 3 in a row.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wallace turned into a better player, and make us rapidly forget about Holmes.

K Train
10-13-2010, 06:10 PM

I'm sorry but Greg Jennings is better than Holmes, Holmes had 1 Great year, Jennings has had 3 in a row.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wallace turned into a better player, and make us rapidly forget about Holmes.

jennings is in a great offense but he disappears alot....hes notoriously overrated and teams have shut down the deep ball to him. holmes is a much more well rounded player than jennings

steelersbabex25
10-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Holmes is awesome. Calling him a superstar does not insinuate that he's one of the top 5 WRs in the league.

LatrobePA
10-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Yes I'll miss John!!

jnes1216
10-14-2010, 12:43 AM
I'll miss him like I have some of the others who have moved on - Woodson, Thigpen, W. Williams, Breuner, Vrabel, etc. But its exciting to see who'll move into that spot.

JensK
10-14-2010, 02:00 AM

You can hardly compare Holmes and Wallace tho.