PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't Resist Posting This

blackngold29
10-11-2010, 03:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/18782/afc-north-offensive-coordinator-rankings

1. Bruce Arians, Steelers

Don't send him too much hate mail.

Really though, do you think it has been more play calling or player performance that has been lacking on the offensive side so far?

steelersbabex25
10-11-2010, 05:50 PM
...WHAT?!

That's why they call them "experts" people.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-11-2010, 06:57 PM
go figure..they think he is a genius because he figured out how to run the ball?

Farrior Fan
10-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Those EXPERTS are always right.

You know the ones that preDICKted the 49ers, cowgirls, Indy, and the bungles would be SB contenders this year?

I seriously wonder if they are digging ditches by day and writing NFL articles by night. BA is mentally challenged, and that is being really nice.

--- Added 10/11/2010 at 06:22 PM ---

Funny how this ditch digger forgot to mention how against the birdies we were in FG range and allowed china doll to get sacked for a 10yd loss, missed the FG (thanks a lot mr. franchise reed) and then lost the game because of his moronic decision. Run the damn ball 3 times and Reed hits for 3 and we go to OT and probably win. I wonder how costing us the lead for the AFC N validates BA as being the best in our division?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2010, 08:13 PM
When you're winning everybody loves you..it's when you start losing that all the critics come out. The media will crucify Arians if we lose and praise him when we win, that's how it always is.

SnakeEyes43
10-11-2010, 10:41 PM
He did a decent job of play calling I thought over the first four weeks. There were some dumb calls for sure, but for BA he was pretty decent.

Farrior Fan
10-11-2010, 11:04 PM
He did a decent job of play calling I thought over the first four weeks. There were some dumb calls for sure, but for BA he was pretty decent.

Thats like saying the Pirates had a good year since they were only the 2nd worst team in baseball this year.

Real Deal Steel
10-11-2010, 11:50 PM
BA is garbage. And we win inspite of him. Not because of him.

coldrolled
10-12-2010, 08:05 AM

he had no plays to call... run alot...

batch had i think had 3 pass plays in the second half of the ravens game right???

SteelCityKid5
10-12-2010, 12:44 PM
I dont think he has been that bad thus far. No coordinator is going to call a perfect game. I dont think hes number 1 but I dont think hes far from it especially now that Bens back. This offense will pick up.

TampaSteelGirl
10-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Now just who did he pay or blow to get that ranking?????? :dunno:

coldrolled
10-12-2010, 02:02 PM
i hate the jets but shottenheiner dials up a nice mix of plays.

makes me hate them even more.

Farrior Fan
10-12-2010, 03:10 PM
I dont think he has been that bad thus far. No coordinator is going to call a perfect game. I dont think hes number 1 but I dont think hes far from it especially now that Bens back. This offense will pick up.

Just because Ben is back does not mean that BA is a good OC:2cents: If we had a mediocre OC then we made the playoffs last year and are 4-0 this yr:banging:

SteelCityKid5
10-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Just because Ben is back does not mean that BA is a good OC:2cents: If we had a mediocre OC then we made the playoffs last year and are 4-0 this yr:banging:

Hmm silly me...and to think the problem last year was our defense giving up our offenses fourth quarter leads. Also, is it Arians fault we have 2 false starts on our own what 10 yard line? Never said he was good but he hasnt been bad this year given the QBs he was dealt with. Ben will give this offense a face lift. I do not comprehend what you cannot understand about that? :banging:

lloydfan4life
10-12-2010, 07:00 PM
When you're winning everybody loves you...

:nono: we're 3 and 1 and I STILL hate him. :yesnod:

Real Deal Steel
10-13-2010, 01:18 AM
Hmm silly me...and to think the problem last year was our defense giving up our offenses fourth quarter leads. Also, is it Arians fault we have 2 false starts on our own what 10 yard line? Never said he was good but he hasnt been bad this year given the QBs he was dealt with. Ben will give this offense a face lift. I do not comprehend what you cannot understand about that? :banging:

Stick around you'll see. :nono:

coldrolled
10-13-2010, 06:22 AM
Stick around you'll see. :nono:

no extension yet... :crossfingers:

SteelCityKid5
10-13-2010, 09:24 AM
Im not a fan of Arians. Im stating the fact that the offense with the QBs weve had hasnt looked all that bad. Im sure everyone, including me will later on get frustrated with with Arians but as of now Im not complaining.

Farrior Fan
10-13-2010, 11:56 AM
I just want to know who would have tried to throw a ball on 3rd and 10 with Batch when we are already in good FG range in a game that you just know will come down to a FG?

And if you really want to know how bad he is then go to the gameday forum and see how I can outcall him from 300 miles away.

--- Added 10/13/2010 at 10:57 AM ---

We gave up points late in games because BA put the D in terrible field position because he would throw on 3rd and 2 every time.

And I am not disputing that Ben will give this O a face lift. I just pray that someone on the sidelines notices that Ben had over 4000 yards last season and we didn't make the playoffs. So I don't care if he throws for 7000 yards if we don't make the playoffs. I would rather win ugly. On 3rd and 2 with a lead you run the damn ball. If you get stopped the clock is still running when you punt on 4th. BA thinks more along the lines of "if we get the 1st here then we can go for the endzone on the next play!" Not realizing that we don't win until the clock says 0:00. His one and only job should be to make sure in that situation is to hold onto the ball for as long as possible. I really don't care if we win by 1 or 48. I don't care if we run/throw/intercept for the winning touchdown. I just want someone that can COACH, and that means making sure that your Oline is COACHED and not getting offsides penalties. So yes again that is on BA, because if he would work on snap counts and make his guys understand the snap count WHICH IS HIS JOB, then we would not get stupid penalties.:imho:

SteelCityKid5
10-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah but it was pretty much the same offense the year we won the super bowl. I know people including me still didnt like the offense but most of you on here dont understand he isnt going anywhere because of Ben. Ben likes Arians too much because Arians lets Ben do whatever he wants. He gives Ben the freedom Ben has wanted because Ben wants to be noticed as an elite QB.

A Pac
10-14-2010, 10:00 AM
i absolutely agree with daboll being dead last. he may be the worst in football. his play calling is mundane and predictable. he's pretty bad.

Farrior Fan
10-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Yeah but it was pretty much the same offense the year we won the super bowl. I know people including me still didnt like the offense but most of you on here dont understand he isnt going anywhere because of Ben. Ben likes Arians too much because Arians lets Ben do whatever he wants. He gives Ben the freedom Ben has wanted because Ben wants to be noticed as an elite QB.

I agree 100%, but I think pretty soon Ben will realize that to be recognized as one of the all time greats he has to win more SB's. And if he can win 5 SB's then he will have more than Bradshaw who is someone I'm sure he would love to show up now.:lol:

At some point Ben will concede that by running on 3rd and 2 will move the sticks at the same rate as throwing, AND keep the clock running.