PDA

View Full Version : Could Steelers be facing Colt McCoy, JaMarcus Russell or Jeff Garcia on Sunday??

coach
10-11-2010, 01:01 PM
This year has been full of surprises and injuries, but this one would would be strange:

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2010/10/cleveland_browns_quarterback_s_1.html

TampaSteelGirl
10-11-2010, 01:31 PM
:rofl: Oooh what fun for our Defense!!! :tt02:

igor0190
10-11-2010, 01:39 PM
My bet would be Colt Mccoy...
I would probably rather face Delhomme though

Jake Delhomme aggravated his ankle injury and now has both a high and low sprain, a source tells beat writer Mark Kay Cabot.

Delhomme never should have been active for Sunday's game in the first place as his original high ankle sprain clearly wasn't healed. Now the Browns are in a major bind as both Delhomme and Seneca Wallace (ankle) appear out for Week 6. Raw rookie Colt McCoy is the only other option, so they'll head to the street for a free agent. Jeff Garcia knows Browns GM Tom Heckert from their time together in Philadelphia.
Source: Mark Kay Cabot on Twitter

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-11-2010, 04:12 PM
mccoy.

Blazedby92
10-11-2010, 04:16 PM
:rofl: Oooh what fun for our Defense!!! :tt02:

:greenbounce2::plus1:

LatrobePA
10-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Seriously think Garcia wants to come in with a few days prep to face this defense? hell no, it'll be McCoy / Cribbs....

scott0326
10-11-2010, 05:16 PM
This should be fun

nuclearchihuahuas
10-11-2010, 05:21 PM
I bet they start McCoy but have a lot of plays for Cribbs (unless Jake's ankle is better by then)

StlersGuy
10-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Rookie quarterback Colt McCoy reportedly could start for Cleveland. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Browns signed Brett Ratliff, who was told he's the backup for McCoy in Sunday's rivalry game against the Pittsburgh Steelers (3-1). Ratliff was on the Browns' roster last season.

McCoy

This was not in the plans for Browns president Mike Holmgren and head coach Eric Mangini, who didn't provide specifics on the quarterback situation Monday. Both have said they expect the third-round pick to sit at least one year to learn from the sidelines. But very little has gone according to plan for the struggling Browns (1-4), and now McCoy looks to get the nod just six weeks into the season after veterans Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace suffered ankle injuries.

If McCoy is viewed as the future of the Browns, they must be very careful about the long-term impact of this decision. Throwing McCoy out there at Heinz Field against Dick LeBeau's defense is a recipe for disaster. In fact, it's the last defense I would pick a rookie quarterback to face in his first NFL start, especially against a hungry Steelers' defense coming off a bye week.

Expect the sharks for Pittsburgh -- James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley, Troy Polamalu, Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, James Farrior, Lawrence Timmons, etc. -- to be out in full force Sunday. I'm sure a wide-eyed McCoy is excited for the opportunity, but in reality he's just fresh meat.

I said in training camp that if McCoy starts, that's a sign Cleveland's 2010 season is over. I picked the Browns to finish last in the AFC North this year, but this ship is sinking faster than expected.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/18798/colt-mccoy-vs-steelers-a-recipe-for-disaster

Our defense loves Fresh MEAT...

Troyisabeast_43
10-11-2010, 06:48 PM
While the Steelers should have no problem absolutely destroying Colt McCoy in his first NFL start stranger things have happened fellas so nothing is a sure thing. A guy named Max Hall started for Arizona yesterday and they ended up beating the Saints when nobody and their mother thought they would. I did watch McCoy in pre-season and he looked terrible for the Browns and completely not ready to play. The Steelers should have no problem teeing off on McCoy. With that being said, in no way shape or form should Jeff Reed or Sepulveda kick the ball in Josh Cribbs direction. Because that is the only chance the Browns have of putting any points on the board in this game. Tomlin has really acted stupid in previous games with the Browns since he has coached the Steelers and kicked the ball to Cribbs when the Browns had no other weapons on offense other then him on kickoff or punt returns. Note to Coach Tomlin DO NOT KICK THE BALL TO JOSH CRIBBS...Colt McCoy will not score points on your defense especially with no Peyton Hillis healthy as well. Cribbs always seem to run at least one or two back a season against the Steelers and Im guaranteeing if the Steelers kick the ball to him again enough times on Sunday it's probably going to happen again. Cribbs always finds a way to burn the Steelers it seems time and time again, and he is the only player that can keep the Browns in this game and give them any kind of chance...

jnes1216
10-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Do you think Colt McCoys face looked more disappointed when Mangini told him he may be starting against the Steelers or back in the draft when he heard his name called by the Brownies?

LatrobePA
10-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Trap game....

ScottfromNC
10-11-2010, 08:36 PM
I seem to remember an eerily similar situation not too long ago when an untested Cleveland QB named Brady Quinn had to face the Steeers,and was completely overwhelmed by our pass rush,and where I like McCoy as a person and cheered him on in Texas,now it's time to go to school!!

I would not wish to be in his shoes on Sunday.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2010, 09:08 PM
While the Steelers should have no problem absolutely destroying Colt McCoy in his first NFL start stranger things have happened fellas so nothing is a sure thing. A guy named Max Hall started for Arizona yesterday and they ended up beating the Saints when nobody and their mother thought they would. I did watch McCoy in pre-season and he looked terrible for the Browns and completely not ready to play. The Steelers should have no problem teeing off on McCoy. With that being said, in no way shape or form should Jeff Reed or Sepulveda kick the ball in Josh Cribbs direction. Because that is the only chance the Browns have of putting any points on the board in this game. Tomlin has really acted stupid in previous games with the Browns since he has coached the Steelers and kicked the ball to Cribbs when the Browns had no other weapons on offense other then him on kickoff or punt returns. Note to Coach Tomlin DO NOT KICK THE BALL TO JOSH CRIBBS...Colt McCoy will not score points on your defense especially with no Peyton Hillis healthy as well. Cribbs always seem to run at least one or two back a season against the Steelers and Im guaranteeing if the Steelers kick the ball to him again enough times on Sunday it's probably going to happen again. Cribbs always finds a way to burn the Steelers it seems time and time again, and he is the only player that can keep the Browns in this game and give them any kind of chance...

This has been the problem for the Steelers in the past, they play down to their competition and end up losing or nearly losing. They have no business heading into this game with nothing less than a "kill them immediately" attitude. This is a team we should beat and they need to play that way.

Nobody in their right mind should ever kick to Cribbs, ever. Kick it away, pin them deep, do anything because he will kill you.

Farrior Fan
10-11-2010, 11:06 PM
go ahead and knock on wood, call it a trap game; whatever.

We win this one by 30, I don't care who the QB is for them.
http://www.itireakron.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/james-harrison-tackle-740.jpg

steelersbabex25
10-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Who are the Steeters..

Real Deal Steel
10-12-2010, 12:49 AM
34-6 Steelers.

Defense will feast on a rookie QB starting his very first game in the steel cage. Boy oh boy, what a way to get officially welcomed into the NFL. Too bad for you Colt.

igor0190
10-12-2010, 01:28 AM
go ahead and knock on wood, call it a trap game; whatever.

We win this one by 30, I don't care who the QB is for them.
http://www.itireakron.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/james-harrison-tackle-740.jpg

James Harrison will probably stare down Colt Mccoy and he will have to leave the game to change his depends.

Scorp
10-12-2010, 06:48 AM
Either way it's going to be fun to watch.

coldrolled
10-12-2010, 09:03 AM
34-6 Steelers.

Defense will feast on a rookie QB starting his very first game in the steel cage. Boy oh boy, what a way to get officially welcomed into the NFL. Too bad for you Colt.

we should be winning this one 34-6 in the third.

hood, sly, gibson, worilds, lefty should be playing the 4th qtr...

Farrior Fan
10-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Vegas thinks we are 14 pts better than the browns

lloydfan4life
10-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Loved LaMarr's tweet last night..... and I quote.....

"Browns are going to sacrifice Colt McCoy before the Heinz Field alter huh? Poor kid!"

:rofl:

:cope:

ejsteeler
10-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Loved LaMarr's tweet last night..... and I quote.....

"Browns are going to sacrifice Colt McCoy before the Heinz Field alter huh? Poor kid!"

:rofl:

:cope:

Beautiful!!!! :cope:

Real Deal Steel
10-13-2010, 02:13 AM
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!

coach
10-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Vegas thinks we are 14 pts better than the browns

That is Vegas playing mind games with the betting public. The odds are that the home teams favored by 10.5 don't cover when they play in division and the other team is coming off an upset loss or something like that (I know Cleveland wasn't the favorite but they were expecetd by many to cover the spread, and almost did). I am sure that somebody in here bets and knows the ATS systems better than me.

But, I am taking us to cover the spread!:crossfingers:

Go Steelers. Beat 'em like a rented mule.

jnes1216
10-14-2010, 01:35 AM
Sterling Sharpe picked the brownies to win this week. Are you serious? C'mon man.

LatrobePA
10-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Sterling Sharpe picked the brownies to win this week. Are you serious? C'mon man.

We learned last year, no game is a gimme! It'll be a tough game I predict!

coldrolled
10-14-2010, 04:30 PM
On Wednesday, Mangini said he was leaning toward McCoy starting against the Steelers. Mangini is happy with McCoy's progress and said the third-round pick from Texas will get the bulk of the snaps during practice on Thursday.

Mangini said McCoy looked comfortable under center and did a nice job in grasping the Browns' game plan.

LatrobePA
10-14-2010, 05:07 PM
On Wednesday, Mangini said he was leaning toward McCoy starting against the Steelers. Mangini is happy with McCoy's progress and said the third-round pick from Texas will get the bulk of the snaps during practice on Thursday.

Mangini said McCoy looked comfortable under center and did a nice job in grasping the Browns' game plan.

You watch the little prick will come out and light us up...

LarryNJ
10-14-2010, 05:38 PM
This has been the problem for the Steelers in the past, they play down to their competition and end up losing or nearly losing. They have no business heading into this game with nothing less than a "kill them immediately" attitude. This is a team we should beat and they need to play that way.

You're right boss except this is not a normal week. This is Ben's return, I don't see them playing down like they often have in the past. They come out balls to the wall and stay that way until the game is over. Browns or not this is a statement game for this team.

chisteeler
10-14-2010, 05:44 PM
^ We either make a statement or dig ourselves a hole! There is no reason for us to take a backseat to Cleveland. This team in my opinon is firing on all cylinders (mentally and physically) and just needs someone to take it out on. All it comes down to is proper technique and execution!

coldrolled
10-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Browns QB Colt McCoy "Definitely" Starting on Sunday
Cleveland Browns third-round quarterback Colt McCoy will "definitely" get the start on Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers, reports James Walker of ESPN.com.

Browns head coach Eric Mangini, who learned the value of a tight-lipped approach to injury discussions from New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, has said only that he is "leaning" towards starting McCoy.

For the second consecutive day, Browns quarterbacks Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace were listed as non-participants on the team's official injury report.

McCoy has yet to appear in a game this season, but completed 28-of-39 pass attempts for 232 yards in four games during the pre-season. McCoy was also intercepted twice and sacked six times, compiling a passer rating of 65.3.