PDA

View Full Version : All of a sudden...

Troyisabeast_43
10-11-2010, 11:06 AM
That 3 game roadtrip the Steelers have coming up to Miami,New Orleans,and Cincy which some people a few weeks ago were calling an absolute gaunlet is not looking as tough as it was at the start of the year. The Dolphins are just not as good as people make them out to be and got smoked by the Patriots at home last Monday night. The Saints have a Super Bowl Hangover and just do not look like the same team as last year and to top it off they do not have Reggie Bush or Pierre Thomas. They lost to an Arizona team yesterday that had a guy named Max Hall starting for them so enough said there about how far the Saints have fallen. And last but not least the Bengals just completely fell apart yesterday against the Bucs blowing a 7 point lead and giving up 10 points in the last 2 minutes to lose to the Bucs 24-21. Carson Palmer continues to look like complete **** and he turns the ball over with interceptions and fumbles time after time at key points in the game. So while I dont want to look too ahead with the Browns coming up this Sunday this stretch of road games if the Steelers play like they are capable of playing could easily come out of it 3-0. None of these teams scare me right now and if the Steelers defense is on top of their game which they should be, and Ben starts hitting his stride in the next few weeks there is no reason at all the Steelers should not go into Miami,New Orleans,and Cincy and beat every single one of these teams. The way these teams look right now if the Steelers bring their A game and these teams continue to play at the level they currently are now they will not beat the Steelers in my opinion...

SnakeEyes43
10-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Any given Sunday...those are all competitive teams, no matter what their record is.

SteelDad
10-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Any given Sunday...those are all competitive teams, no matter what their record is.

My thoughts exactly. I don't care if it's 'sisters for the poor' anytime you have 3 straight roadies it's tough.

greg1964
10-11-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't think the Steelers will lose to the Browns this weekend: But I hope you guys have the "any given Sunday" attitude if we lose: The Dolphins, Bengals and Saints looked bad all year.

The Steelers will not over look the Clowns: paybacks are a (you fill in the blank)

coach
10-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah, I like to take games one week at a time, because I have seen this team lose to poor teams on the road even in those years when they finished first in the division.

There is no denying that we have also gone on the road and played well in year's past, too.

And, those two road wins this year were fine wins.

I remain optimistic, but a weird loss could send ripples through Steeler Nation. It would be like when you throw up in your mouth.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-11-2010, 04:29 PM

Yep...right now none of those teams scare me too much but you never know when they might get their act together. Everyone "gets up" to play the Steelers so I'm not looking past any of them.

steelersbabex25
10-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Rule #1 of warfare: never underestimate your opponent.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Playing on the road and winning, that's where you find out what kind of team you really have. Winning at home is not easy either of course, but when you go into a hostile environment and you know you're getting the teams best shot at you, really tells a lot about what type of team you have. You have to be able to win on the road and that stretch, easy or not, is going to go a long way to showing us what this team can really do.

Scorp
10-12-2010, 05:51 AM
Steelers might lose one of the 3....but which one?

JensK
10-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Steelers might lose one of the 3....but which one?

We might loose all 3. Despite what their record says, all 3 are very competitive teams, and we'll most certainly have to bring our a game if we want to have a chance in them.

steelerschick1220
10-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Granted these three games aren't looking as tough as we originally thought, but teams can bust out really good performances or really bad ones at any time so....I still think we go 2-1 in that span.

Stlrs4Life
10-12-2010, 10:12 PM
I don't care, that is a tough 3 weeks.

Real Deal Steel
10-13-2010, 01:16 AM
I think the team will be focused for the three games in question. This is a very mad team. A team that feels disrespected. I like that.

Scorp
10-13-2010, 12:41 PM
I think the team will be focused for the three games in question. This is a very mad team. A team that feels disrespected. I like that.

Don't say that buddy. Remember the cheatriots. They whooped arse all season long, went to the big game and lost. I would not want that for our Beloved Steelers. Then again the Steelers are not the Pats and we got more championships then they do. This is our season. :yellowthumb:

Farrior Fan
10-13-2010, 12:49 PM
:tt02:It sure does feel like our season.:tt02:

Any team that is desperate may come out and beat you at any time. If our D brings their A game and our OC doesn't lose the game I think we can go 3-0 but even with 2-1 I will be somewhat happy.