PDA

View Full Version : Steelers get a lot of help over the weekend...

Troyisabeast_43
10-11-2010, 11:44 AM
I know the Ravens did win and moved into sole possesion of first place at 4-1 with a win over the Broncos but aside from that a lot of good things did happen yesterday aside from that. Most importantly, the Browns and Bengals both lost at home to the Falcons and the Bucs and dropped each of them to 1-4 and 2-3 and giving the Steelers a few less teams in this division to worry about. The Bengals last second loss to the Bucs in particular was a devistating loss for them especially seeing that it happened at home and going into a bye week. The Bengals now have to go into Atlanta after they come back from the bye and are in desperate need of a win to try and keep pace with the Ravens and Steelers. Other teams that lost that helped the Steelers out were Houston got spanked by the Giants, the Colts while they did hand the Chiefs their first loss still didnt look very good in doing so, the Chargers continue to be jekyll and hyde at home and on the road losing another road game to the Raiders and dropping to 2-3. And while I hate the Titans I am glad they did beat the Cowboys since I hate them probably even more. Plus, the Steelers already have a head to head tiebraker over the Titans which will help them later on in the year.

And how about the Saints who the Steelers will meet in about 2 weeks losing to the Cardinals in Arizona and looking so pathetic doing so. I dont care what anybody says now the Saints have a Super Bowl Hangover big time with or without Reggie Bush and if they continue to play the way they are here the next few weeks when the Steelers play them they will not beat the Steelers.

Overall, I am glad that the Steelers bye week is done and over with and out of the way and there is another game to look forward to this Sunday at Heinz Field with the Browns. Hopefully the Patriots can use their bye week that they had this week as well and help the Steelers out by beating the Ravens in New England on Sunday.

LatrobePA
10-11-2010, 12:02 PM
The Saints IMO were not that great last year. The diffrence this year is they aren't creating TO's on defense, that alone handed them a few W's last season...

Yes the Steelers and Rats were handed a few yesterday...

The Bungles are just awful, Palmer is done put a fork in him!!

coldrolled
10-11-2010, 12:07 PM
The Saints IMO were not that great last year. The diffrence this year is they aren't creating TO's on defense, that alone handed them a few W's last season...

Yes the Steelers and Rats were handed a few yesterday...

The Bungles are just awful, Palmer is done put a fork in him!!

cinci website...

Next to the cart taking Carson Palmer off the field in the ’05 playoffs, it was the worst two-and-a-half minutes in Paul Brown Stadium history.

This time, Palmer got carted off on the shield of his offense’s maddening inconsistency and the 63,888 gaping in horror at his two interceptions in the final 2:28 that turned into 10 Tampa Bay points had the same sickening feeling as that day.

It is going to be a long haul to get to where the Bengals want to go after such hope and promise.

:cope::cope::cope:

LatrobePA
10-11-2010, 12:58 PM
cinci website...

Next to the cart taking Carson Palmer off the field in the ’05 playoffs, it was the worst two-and-a-half minutes in Paul Brown Stadium history.

This time, Palmer got carted off on the shield of his offense’s maddening inconsistency and the 63,888 gaping in horror at his two interceptions in the final 2:28 that turned into 10 Tampa Bay points had the same sickening feeling as that day.

It is going to be a long haul to get to where the Bengals want to go after such hope and promise.

:cope::cope::cope:

LOL, I thought TO signing was going to ensure them a SB berth this season? I guess they need a QB to throw the ball now!

nuclearchihuahuas
10-11-2010, 05:34 PM
LOL, I thought TO signing was going to ensure them a SB berth this season? I guess they need a QB to throw the ball now!

T O is the only one playing worth a darn...I watched for as long as I could stand this past Sunday ... I was very unimpressed.

LarryNJ
10-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Palmer is done put a fork in him!!

He has no excuses anymore, he has the players around him. He will now go down as the most over rated QB in the last 10 years. That is right where he belongs.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2010, 10:37 PM
You can't buy a championship, but you can't tell teams like the Bengals, Cowboys, Raiders, or other teams that try it. The teams that win consistently like us, the Patriots, the Chargers, they use FA to help the team but they build through the draft and they keep their good players until it's time to cut them loose.

As far as getting help, yeah it was nice to see Bengals lose again, especially a close game. More losses like that are only going to fuel the fire that guys like TO use to eventually blow up. The Ravens have a bye this weekend coming up so this our chance to pull up into a tie for first place again. Baltimore will lose more games, we all know that, but we need to not get caught up in anything but just playing to win every week and not get into a situation of relying on help in December.

Troyisabeast_43
10-12-2010, 12:26 AM
You can't buy a championship, but you can't tell teams like the Bengals, Cowboys, Raiders, or other teams that try it. The teams that win consistently like us, the Patriots, the Chargers, they use FA to help the team but they build through the draft and they keep their good players until it's time to cut them loose.

As far as getting help, yeah it was nice to see Bengals lose again, especially a close game. More losses like that are only going to fuel the fire that guys like TO use to eventually blow up. The Ravens have a bye this weekend coming up so this our chance to pull up into a tie for first place again. Baltimore will lose more games, we all know that, but we need to not get caught up in anything but just playing to win every week and not get into a situation of relying on help in December.

Baltimore doesnt have a bye this week BRC they play the Patriots in New England on Sunday which is going to be a very tough game for them whether the Pats have Moss or not. The Pats keep in mind had a bye this week also and have had 2 weeks to prepare for the Ravens so you know Belichick will have the Pats pumped and ready for this game. Not to mention the Pats have payback in mind for the beat down the Ravens gave them last season in the wildcard game in New England. This is definitely one of the games the Ravens could and should lose this weekend. A loss puts them at 4-2 this weekend and a win by the Steelers puts them at 4-1 and back in sole possession of first place. So yes it's a big week for the Steelers to win and for the Pats to beat the Ravens as well. The Ravens schedule the next few weeks is not very tough with the exception of a game they have in Atlanta on November 11th. They play Buffalo,Miami,Carolina,and Tampa Bay which should all be games the Ravens most likely will win. The Steelers just need to keep winning as you said and take care of their own business and win in their own division and by the time the Steelers see the Ravens again they will tied with them and the loss last week in Pittsburgh wont mean anything anymore...

Real Deal Steel
10-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Cason Plamer has lost it since he had that elbow injury and refused to fix it with surgery.

steelerschick1220
10-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Palmer is garbage. I remember the Ben vs. Carson debate from a few years ago......lol. at least when we play them in a few weeks the city will get to see what GOOD qb play looks like.