PDA

View Full Version : What recent Steelers have a shot at the HOF

BlitzburghRockCity
08-11-2006, 07:25 PM
At this point in their careers I gotta think Ward, Faneca have a great shot. Of course Jerome is a given. Woodson will always be a Steeler in my book, but I'll never forgive him for defecting to the ratbirds! Dermonitti Dawson has a chance to be in as well.

Who else in recent memory has a shot?

Blitzburgh55
08-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Ben and Troy If they keep it up

SteelCityMan786
08-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Ben, Troy, Joey, Ward, Bettis, Woodson, Faneca, Hartings

BlitzburghRockCity
08-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Ben, Troy, Joey, Ward, Bettis, Woodson, Faneca, Hartings

Of that list I think Joey will have the hardest time. He's a helluva linebacker and a leader on our team but he needs to finish out his career as strong as he started it to make sure he has a decent shot.

Steelersfan
08-12-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm not sure Joey can make it. You have mentioned the players with the best shot right now buy you all forgot Cowher!......lol

Koopa
08-12-2006, 01:11 AM
personally i don't see ben making it. he doesn't have the stats, he has the wins but his stats look like he's more of a product of the system....i know he isn't, but the stupid voters probably will think he is.......troy, it's to early to tell for him, if he keeps playing like this for several more years then i can see it happening (hopefully it'll be in black and gold)........i say hines will make it, i mean didn't swann make it?? hines has done everything he has pretty much........of course cowher and jerome will.....porter won't. i'm not sure who else might, my steeler knowlege really only goes up to 2000 cause that's when i started following the steelers

PITT23
08-12-2006, 12:38 PM
If Bens wins another Super Bowl his chances shoot up by a lot more. Bettis is certain (and when he makes it I'm going to Canton for the ceremony) but I dont know about porter.

SteelerFan87
08-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Well, Ben has only been playing for 2 years. He already has a ring, and with his talent, he'll probably get at least 1 more before his career's over. Plus, the more experienced he gets, the more the coaches will let him do, so I would not be surprised if we see him putting up big stats in a few years. I think he'll get in.

Bettis is pretty much a lock. Ward has a chance I think, and I definitely think Polamalu will get in. You could make a case for Porter, and also I think Hampton.

Faneca should get in, possibly Hartings too.

As for recent former Steelers, I'd say yeah, Woodson will get in. Greg Lloyd has a chance I think, as does Carnell Lake.

And Cowher should get in for sure.