PDA

View Full Version : Favre in hot water? Ben comparison?

igor0190
10-08-2010, 04:54 PM
If there is any truth to this it is clearly a case of sexual harrassment and you would have to think Favre would get suspended for a game or two.

http://nicepickcowher.com/2010/10/08/brett-favre-should-be-suspended/

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5663024
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The NFL says it is reviewing allegations involving Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre, who the website Deadspin says sent racy messages and photos to a former sideline reporter while he played for the Jets.
League spokesman Greg Aiello said Friday, "We are reviewing the matter," when asked about reports that Favre sent voice mails and photos to Jenn Sterger.
Asked about the Deadspin report Thursday, Favre said: "I'm not getting into that."

cmerrifield
10-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Even if Favre did it, he wont get the same treatment from the league.

steelers4life66
10-08-2010, 05:52 PM
I can't see Deadspin making an accusation like this without proof. Seems to me that they could be opening themselves up to a huge lawsuit by not being able to prove this was Favre... That being said, if that's Favre, nail that motherf**ker to the cross.:lol:

harpo
10-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Looks like the NFL has taken an interest in this matter:

NFL confirms review of Favre-Sterger matter (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/08/nfl-confirms-review-of-brett-favre-jenn-sterger-matter/)

SteelDad
10-08-2010, 06:39 PM
There was a time when deadspin.com was widely known for being no better than the 'National Enquirer of the sports world,' but in recent years they have been able to fend of lawsuits simply because they had proof of what they alleged. (See Sean Salisbury) So let's see, we know Favre had a prescription drug problem and know is 'allegedly' sending pics of his crank to a woman. This means using NFL discipline logic he'll get a stern talking to and a couple of 'Did you tap that?' questions.

75Steeler
10-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Since we are in the actual regular season I say suspend his :moon: pending the investigation! Then suspend him for 4 to 6 games depending on how he acts after learning of his suspension. Jerry Jones should be suspended from ownership too cause he was accused :lol: Suspend anyone who gets called into question. :imho:

LatrobePA
10-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Nothing more than him trying to score, who cares!!

Farrior Fan
10-08-2010, 07:43 PM
We must suspend him NOW and without reason because there is an accusation. Read it Goodell. To hell with the American judical system and due process.

SteelDad
10-09-2010, 08:08 PM
We must suspend him NOW and without reason because there is an accusation. Read it Goodell. To hell with the American judical system and due process.

Sadly, you are right. It took nothing more than accusations to get BR suspended.

Dobre Shunka
10-10-2010, 12:54 AM
The above poster is exactly right! Mere accusations and supposition is all they had against Ben. Favre should be banned, there is actual evidence that they didn't have against Ben.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-10-2010, 10:40 AM
If the standard is an accusation is enough than yes Favre should be suspended...but I would be willing to bet that nothing happens to Brett. The Vikings owner and coaching staff won't let it happen. No way, No how does Brett Favre who is an icon and going into the hall of fame get dirt on him from this episode. I bet the NFL (Goodell in particular) go way out of their way to clear his name. I believe this was brought up by Rex and his minions to rattle Brett before the game on Monday night. I know I am "shocked" at the sudden appearance of this accusation and oh my, there is a game between these two particular teams. I think its gamesmanship and I also predict whoever brought the information forward actually gets more grief from the NFL for sullying the name of Favre than Brett ever gets himself. This is the No Fair League, its who you are or who you play for, not what you have/haven't done.

KSSteelerfan
10-10-2010, 11:37 AM
It's Favre......Sadly the commish does nothing. At the very worst Favre gets a slap on the wrist with a fine from the League Office. Personally IMHO, he should be suspended and fined; at the very least; until the results of a law enforcement investigation is completed. By that I mean; if Favre is suspended, even if that means the rest of the season, until the legal process has done what it needs to do.

Real Deal Steel
10-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Sadly, you are right. It took nothing more than accusations to get BR suspended.

But if you suspend Farve, you've bassically tanked the Vikings season. And Goodall knows that. He will play favorites for sure.

But Farve should be suspended like Ben was.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-10-2010, 05:37 PM
But if you suspend Farve, you've bassically tanked the Vikings season. And Goodall knows that. He will play favorites for sure.

But Farve should be suspended like Ben was.

Should be...but won't be---the entire Jets team and coaching staff should have been suspended but were not---Goodell needs to get over himself and enact a bit of justice...just because the Rooney's asked him to suspend Ben, doesn't mean he should have complied...although I have to say, I believe it did Ben some good---I just do not believe it was fair compared to previous and current decisions of a similar vane.

chisteeler
10-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Should be...but won't be---the entire Jets team and coaching staff should have been suspended but were not---Goodell needs to get over himself and enact a bit of justice...just because the Rooney's asked him to suspend Ben, doesn't mean he should have complied...although I have to say, I believe it did Ben some good---I just do not believe it was fair compared to previous and current decisions of a similar vane.

I agree.
I have said all along that I believe that The Rooneys had more of a say in the suspension of Ben more so than the Comish. But in light of the so called "accusations" of Favre, then I say drop the hammer!. After all they are only accusations, just like Ben suffered from. But ask yourselves this...Do the Vikings carry themselves (organizationally) in the same regards as the Steelers? Just think if the "Love Boat" incident would've happened in the Burgh. In my opinion, there would have been a few players released or traded. The Rooneys did everything they thought was necessary to save their investment(Ben) and just led the public to believe that it was the Comishes fault. Remember, That old Rog works for the owners...Ben is going to be a better person and QB for it, thanks to the Rooneys.....
That's all!