PDA

View Full Version : Lets Go Pens 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

SteelDad
05-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Oh I'm sorry your team, had I known that I would of rubbed it in more, j/k lol

Yes on to football, I hope!!

I have to root for the Bolts to win the whole thing though...

Not a huge fan, but I definitely follow the Wings.... Same here with the Bolts. Gotta go with the Stevie Y connection!:yellowthumb:

Rampage
05-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Yes the Wings couldn't pull off what the Flyers did last year! :)

The final 4:

Gotta go with Tampa over Boston. Very seldom I want any team from Boston to win.

In the West I like them both and really don't have a choice. I'd just like to see a great series.

I'm rooting for Tampa as well. If they could make it to the cup and win, I wouldn't feel bad about losing to them in the first round.

As for the West, I think I am going San Jose. THE DAY A CANADIAN TEAM WINS THE STANLEY CUP...

LatrobePA
05-13-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm rooting for Tampa as well. If they could make it to the cup and win, I wouldn't feel bad about losing to them in the first round.

As for the West, I think I am going San Jose. THE DAY A CANADIAN TEAM WINS THE STANLEY CUP...

We battled with them muuch more than a fully healthy Caps team..

I'm OK with it now...

I hate Boston, 7' Chara makes me want to puke, freaking freak! lol

steelersbabex25
05-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Gotta root for the team that beat you. Go Bolts!

LarryNJ
05-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Gotta root for the team that beat you. Go Bolts!

Did you root for the Pats all the times they beat us? :) :lol:

steelersbabex25
05-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Did you root for the Pats all the times they beat us? :) :lol:

That's different/I wouldn't root for the Flyers or Caps if they beat us.

LarryNJ
05-14-2011, 12:49 AM
That's different/I wouldn't root for the Flyers or Caps if they beat us.

Yes it is different, the Caps or Flyers never beat us in the playoffs! At least the Flyers haven't recently. :lol:

steelersbabex25
05-14-2011, 01:00 AM
Yes it is different, the Caps or Flyers never beat us in the playoffs! At least the Flyers haven't recently. :lol:

It was a hypothetical.

LarryNJ
06-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Congratulations to Disco Dan for winning coach of the year. First Pens coach to win the award. Well deserved. Now get the cup next year! :)

LatrobePA
06-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Congratulations to Disco Dan for winning coach of the year. First Pens coach to win the award. Well deserved. Now get the cup next year! :)

Hell yeaaaaa:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=1258&navid=mod-rr-headlines

Rampage
06-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Good to see it. Bylsma really seems to be a great fit with this team. Hopefully he's not done winning cups in Pittsburgh.

Scorp
06-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Good to see it. Bylsma really seems to be a great fit with this team. Hopefully he's not done winning cups in Pittsburgh.

Dan B will not be a one and done coach. You can count on that. :yellowthumb:

Rampage
06-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Dan B will not be a one and done coach. You can count on that. :yellowthumb:

If Crosby and Malkin stayed healthy this past season, I think he would have had a good shot at doing it a second time. Next year. :lol:

steelersbabex25
06-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Dan Bylsma was far and away the obvious winner of coach of the year to me. You lose half your starting line up and still manage to finish over 100 points? That's crazy.

Rampage
06-24-2011, 01:38 PM
So, who else is going to watch the draft tonight? Definitely not as exciting as football, but I'll watch. I'm thinking the team will go after a winger if there is talent. I'm also wondering if the team is going to go after Jagr; it looks like a lot of people are calling it a possibility.

LarryNJ
06-24-2011, 03:30 PM
I won't be watching but I'll be following it. The salary cap took a huge leap so it will be interesting to see what we do with that extra $$

How shocking was it to see the Flyers trade Richards & Carter? I figured Carter but never would have guessed Richards too.

Rampage
06-24-2011, 08:23 PM
I won't be watching but I'll be following it. The salary cap took a huge leap so it will be interesting to see what we do with that extra $$

How shocking was it to see the Flyers trade Richards & Carter? I figured Carter but never would have guessed Richards too.

I was surprised. Now they should have solid goal tending, but will the offense be up to snuff?

Scorp
06-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Expect Pens to make a major statement this season.

Rampage
06-27-2011, 01:20 PM
What do you guys think about the defensemen picks? I like our new batch of prospects. It looks like Shero and Bylsma are really trying to build up a solid defense and are going with talent over need.

Now, with Despres possibly coming up next season, do you guys think the Pens may trade a defenseman for a winger?

LatrobePA
06-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Rumor has it Geno is looking sharp, working his *** off and ready to step his game up this season...A healthy Pens team could be disaster to the rest of the league!

LarryNJ
06-29-2011, 02:23 PM
What do you guys think about the defensemen picks? I like our new batch of prospects. It looks like Shero and Bylsma are really trying to build up a solid defense and are going with talent over need.

Now, with Despres possibly coming up next season, do you guys think the Pens may trade a defenseman for a winger?

They saw what D will do last year so I'm sure that's the way they are thinking.

They signed Dupuis but didn't make an offer to Kennedy and looks like Superstar will be gone. I'd love to see us get Umberger, he's a Pgh (Plum) boy. I also look for Tangradi to get some playing time on the top lines. With him and Neal we'll have 2 power forwards.

Rumor has it Geno is looking sharp, working his *** off and ready to step his game up this season..

We can only hope. When he is motivated he can take over a game as well anyone in the league.

LatrobePA
06-29-2011, 02:38 PM
68 will have a decision today:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/Pittsburgh-Penguins-make-offer-to-Jaromir-Jagr-await-word-062911

LarryNJ
06-29-2011, 02:44 PM
It would be fun to have the old bastard back for a year.

LatrobePA
06-29-2011, 03:16 PM
It would be fun to have the old bastard back for a year.

I agree...lol

LarryNJ
06-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Still waiting for the word...the more I think about it the more excited I am...there's no doubt he's slower and not what he was...but a big guy standing there WHO CAN FINISH while Sid does all the work would be fun to watch.

Rampage
06-29-2011, 07:31 PM
I'd love to see Jagr sign; I would love to see him on one of the first two lines. I could see him as Guerin 2.0: A veteran presence that could really help the team with his experience and skill while simultaneously benefiting from the speed of the younger guys.

I'm also holding out hope for TK. I'd rather see the team retain 48 than bring back Jagr or other FAs if it comes down to it. For a reasonable price, of course.

Scorp
06-30-2011, 10:11 AM
You think Jagr can sign as fast as he can skate?

Rampage
06-30-2011, 02:11 PM
You think Jagr can sign as fast as he can skate?

I'd just be worried about the opposite. If he skates as fast as he signs, we may be better off without him. :lol:

--- Added 6/30/2011 at 12:11 PM ---

Also, I like the resigning of Asham. With his performance in the playoffs, I really wanted him back. If he's healthy, I think he can be a solid pain in the *** and scoring threat and we know that this team needs that in its wingers.

LarryNJ
06-30-2011, 02:14 PM
I agree with Asham, I watched him in Philly and he always stepped it up in the playoffs there too. He's the kind of guy that can make a difference in May & June.

Prosdo
06-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Jagr watch continues. This is getting ridiculous, but I expect nothing less lol.

Rampage
06-30-2011, 02:52 PM
I agree with Asham, I watched him in Philly and he always stepped it up in the playoffs there too. He's the kind of guy that can make a difference in May & June.

He strikes me as a better version of Fedotenko, because he looks like a threat in the regular season as well.

Jagr watch continues. This is getting ridiculous, but I expect nothing less lol.

Jagr Watch 2011. Hopefully he'll sign!

Scorp
06-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Yes, the Asham resigning was a BIG plus. Jagr is already in Pittsburgh, want to know how i know this? Cause his heart is in Pittsburgh.

Rampage
07-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Well, I don't think Jagr is going to be back.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=567951&navid=DL|PIT|home

Penguins Withdraw Offer to Jagr
Friday, 07.01.2011 / 11:35 AM / News
The Pittsburgh Penguins withdrew their one-year, $2 million contract offer to free agent Jaromir Jagr Friday morning.

"We made what we thought was a very fair contract offer to Jaromir on Tuesday, based on his stated interest of returning to the Penguins," said Ray Shero, the team's executive vice president and general manager. "We made our best offer from the start, given our salary cap structure, in an attempt to facilitate a deal. But now, after several days, with an extended time frame for making a decision, and additional teams getting involved, we have decided to move in a different direction. It was never our intention to get involved in a free agent bidding war, and we have to focus on our team.

"Jaromir is one of the greatest players in Penguins history, and we wish him all the best."

LarryNJ
07-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Too bad, it would have been fun to watch him go out as a Pen. I have faith in Shero, we'll be fine.

Scorp
07-01-2011, 04:12 PM
He's going with Philly. Hey Jagr, when the gloves come off you better pray yinz don't get your freakin blinkin block knocked off.

Prosdo
07-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Max Talbot and Jagr now Flyers. WTF.

Rampage
07-01-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm disappointed to see Talbot and Rupp go, but with the young players this team has, I think it was time to move on. I love Talbot, but that contract was a bit rich for my blood. I really like Rupp, especially because he is such a pain in the *** for the opposing team, but I think he can be replaced.

Very happy to see that TK got resigned; his speed and play are invaluable, and I think the 2 years/$4 million contract is better than I had imagined after his 20 goal season. I also really like the Steve Sullivan acquisition. The dude is a talented winger who I feel will make an impact from day one. My only concern is his health.

LarryNJ
07-01-2011, 08:50 PM
It's comical to watch the Philly news here and see Superstar scoring in game 7 and holding the cup. Jagr simply wanted to be the #1 star. He woulf have had a much better chance at the cup with the Wings or Pens. But he would have had to be in the shadow of great players, I don't think he wanted that.

Rampage
07-02-2011, 02:37 PM
It's comical to watch the Philly news here and see Superstar scoring in game 7 and holding the cup. Jagr simply wanted to be the #1 star. He woulf have had a much better chance at the cup with the Wings or Pens. But he would have had to be in the shadow of great players, I don't think he wanted that.

I agree that Jagr wanted to be the big name, not a name in the shadow of bigger ones. Plus, $3.3 million can probably do a lot in the Czech Republic. I think that's about eight times the CR's GDP (PPP).

Prosdo
07-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Jagr's interview was such a joke. I want to play with right handed centers. Yes because Crosby, Malkin, and Zetterberg are gonna be horribly difficult to play with. lol

Scorp
07-04-2011, 11:23 AM
We'll still be a great team without him, yeah?

steelersbabex25
07-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Well, Jagr had a chance to redeem himself, and now we hate him even more than we did before. Can't wait till the first Flyers at Pens game. Consol is gonna be brutal.

Rampage
07-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Now I am crossing my fingers that Conner gets resigned; I really like him and think he can be had for cheap. Adams is another big one, as well.

LarryNJ
07-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Jagr's interview was such a joke. I want to play with right handed centers. Yes because Crosby, Malkin, and Zetterberg are gonna be horribly difficult to play with. lol

Yes I read that and just had to scratch my head.

I really think we are better off without him. Although I think he will still be productive, our locker room doesn't need the drama he would bring.

Prosdo
07-05-2011, 04:23 PM
:yesnod:
Yes I read that and just had to scratch my head.

I really think we are better off without him. Although I think he will still be productive, our locker room doesn't need the drama he would bring.

I agree. I would have loved to see him play on Geno's line. But you are correct. He doesn't need to bring that drama and rub off on our young guys.

Prosdo
07-07-2011, 04:55 PM
There goes Chris Connor. Signed to a one year deal by the Red Wings.

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/07/07/11/Red-Wings-sign-Westland-native/landing_redwings.html?blockID=537250&feedID=3701

LarryNJ
07-07-2011, 05:04 PM
I liked his energy and speed and he was fun to watch, but he's way to small and there was really no place for him. Unless your name is St. Louis it's tough to make it at that size.