PDA

View Full Version : Lets Go Pens 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

steelersbabex25
02-23-2011, 10:37 PM
:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:

Does anyone remember what it's like to win? I seem to have forgotten..

--- Added 2/23/2011 at 09:37 PM ---

BUT: insane props for Fleury, he was steller, as he has been since he got out of that shithole that he started the season in. You can't really blame him for any recent loses at this point. All he can do is stop the shots, he can't play offense too.

Scorp
02-23-2011, 11:22 PM
The game was in our gloves and pads until that bitch Marleau or however you spell his stupid girls name, came skating down the ice like a girl and shot the puck like a girl and got her panties all wet for scoring the winning goal. You suck. Now go get your pansy *** slapped by all your fag teammates. Hope you girls have a scary flight back here to Cali. Better yet, i hope you girls land in the middle of the Colorado Rockies. lol.

Rampage
02-24-2011, 11:07 AM
At least they got a point.

It also sounds like Kunitz and Letestu are close to returning to the lineup which will be huge. Hopefully Orpik isn't too hurt.

Scorp
02-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Can't wait for Saturday's game.

Rampage
02-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Can't wait for Saturday's game.

Every game is another opportunity for this team to get some continuity. I really think Neal is going to be a solid player. Yesterday he had some nice shots and passes for a guy that started skating with the team that morning. I also like how he lights guys up; very physical.

Scorp
02-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Every game is another opportunity for this team to get some continuity. I really think Neal is going to be a solid player. Yesterday he had some nice shots and passes for a guy that started skating with the team that morning. I also like how he lights guys up; very physical.

I know. I just can't wait till they start whippin *** like that 12 game win streak they had back in Nov/Dec.

Rampage
02-24-2011, 12:53 PM
I know. I just can't wait till they start whippin *** like that 12 game win streak they had back in Nov/Dec.

Yep. Good news too: Looks like Letestu and Martin are coming back as early as Friday. Bad news is that Orpik isn't skating, but with NHL ninja injury secrecy, I have no idea if that's terrible, or if he'll be back within the week.

Scorp
02-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Yep. Good news too: Looks like Letestu and Martin are coming back as early as Friday. Bad news is that Orpik isn't skating, but with NHL ninja injury secrecy, I have no idea if that's terrible, or if he'll be back within the week.

Very good news.

LatrobePA
02-24-2011, 02:39 PM
NEWS:

Dosen't look good for 44!!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=553999

Prosdo
02-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Alexei Kovalev is now a Penguin.

steelersbabex25
02-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Kunitz back soon would be huge.

LatrobePA
02-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Kunitz back soon would be huge.

Yes indeed, damn thisngs could get a whole lot better real quick!

Rampage
02-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Alexei Kovalev is now a Penguin.

Just saw that: Bad ***.

I'm not happy about Orpik potentially missing significant time, but at least the offense seems like it is getting better.

I have to say that the way Shero acts as a GM makes it fun to watch the trade deadline approach. :lol:

steelersbabex25
02-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Kovalev is really not all that great. Better than a 7th round pick yeah, but I'm not all that excited about him.

Rampage
02-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Kovalev is really not all that great. Better than a 7th round pick yeah, but I'm not all that excited about him.

I am. I think this team is preparing for life in the playoffs without some of the more important players. While I really like how some of these young guys have been stepping up, I think that Alexei will bring valuable experience to the team.

No, it isn't a huge acquisition, but I think it will make a positive impact.

LarryNJ
02-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Kovalev is not the player he was, but he's a huge talent and comes very cheap. I think it's a great move for a 7th rounder. It's very possible that he goes on a roll. Orpik probably broke something so I'd guess he's done until the playoffs. If we get everyone back except Geno we should have a very well rested team ready to make a run.

1st line for this weekend Neal-Stahl-Kovy

LatrobePA
02-24-2011, 09:56 PM
44 broken finger blocking a shot...

Prosdo
02-25-2011, 03:30 AM
I'm hoping Kovalev gets the Guerin effect. Billy G wasn't playing all that great before he was traded to us, but it kinda rejuvenated him a bit.

LatrobePA
02-25-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm hoping Kovalev gets the Guerin effect. Billy G wasn't playing all that great before he was traded to us, but it kinda rejuvenated him a bit.

I agree 100%, that's kinda what I'm thinking...

Rampage
02-25-2011, 11:33 AM

I agree 100%, that's kinda what I'm thinking...

Bingo. We need that guy to step in and just be a little bit of a grinder for us, which is something I think Kovalev brings to the table. Hopefully he gives us a year or two of solid play at winger.

Scorp
02-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Playoff time is not far from now, so we need everyone to play at their best tonight against Carolina and Saturday..

LatrobePA
02-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Playoff time is not far from now, so we need everyone to play at their best tonight against Carolina and Saturday..

Carolina needs this win, as do we..

I liked what I saw from Neil in OT, he seemed to come to life..

LarryNJ
02-25-2011, 01:23 PM
I liked what I saw from Neil in OT, he seemed to come to life..

I fell asleep~! :)

During practice this morning:

Kovalev was paired with Neal and Staal. Here were line combos:

Neal-Staal-Kovalev
Cooke-Talbot-Kennedy
Rupp-Jeffrey-Dupuis
Adams-Vitale-Conner
(Sterling-Letestu-Godard

We may actually score 3 or 4 goals! :)

LatrobePA
02-25-2011, 02:36 PM
I fell asleep~! :)

During practice this morning:

Kovalev was paired with Neal and Staal. Here were line combos:

Neal-Staal-Kovalev
Cooke-Talbot-Kennedy
Rupp-Jeffrey-Dupuis
Adams-Vitale-Conner
(Sterling-Letestu-Godard

We may actually score 3 or 4 goals! :)

I'd be happy with 2!! lol

Rampage
02-25-2011, 03:18 PM
What I like is that this is starting to give a bit more depth. Teams could just sell out against Staals line and take a chance dealing with everyone else. Now they are going to have to use a different gameplan against this team.

steelersbabex25
02-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Can we win tonight? Please. Just one game.

Rampage
02-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Live feed on Yahoo! Sports of tonight's game:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl;_ylt=Aj7zv8ypsPMBoA1T1FQ3XtA5nYcB

Just scroll down to the Upcoming Yahoo! Sports Broadcasts box.

Let's get a win!

steelersbabex25
02-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Live feed on Yahoo! Sports of tonight's game:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl;_ylt=Aj7zv8ypsPMBoA1T1FQ3XtA5nYcB

Just scroll down to the Upcoming Yahoo! Sports Broadcasts box.

Let's get a win!

Thank you!

LarryNJ
02-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Can we win tonight? Please. Just one game.

next one

LatrobePA
02-25-2011, 09:49 PM
yuck!

Rampage
02-26-2011, 12:11 PM
It seems like every game this team plays is at the lowest level possible due to injuries while the opponent plays lights out.

If they don't get healthy and regain continuity, it's going to be a very painful end to the season.

Also, what do they call that thing when your team outscores the opponent by the end of regulation? Between the Steelers and Penguins, I forgot.

steelersbabex25
02-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Just one game. Let's go Vitale and Sterling. Time to be great.

Scorp
02-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Almost game time baby. Kick some *** Pens.

steelersbabex25
02-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Do you guys remember when the Pens scored like 5 or 6 goals a game? Sigh...

--- Added 2/26/2011 at 07:47 PM ---

3 goals in 2 periods? What? Someone pinch me.

Scorp
02-26-2011, 09:33 PM
What a game. And we play them again on wednesday.

steelersbabex25
02-26-2011, 09:56 PM
ALEX KOVALEV!!! Take it back, love love love love him.

Scorp
02-26-2011, 10:01 PM
We're in for a treat wednesday. How's that hangover?

Rampage
02-27-2011, 11:57 AM
It wasn't pretty, but it finally puts a check in the win column. Hopefully this gives them some confidence.

How about the new guys? Kovalev shows up with a goal in regulation and in the shoot out. Neal doesn't have a goal, but I love his physicality. Right at the end of OT when he just pushed through that defenseman was a thing a beauty. I think that these guys are really going to start paying off in the near future.

One thing though: What the hell is going on with all these penalties? Is it just me, or is this team getting called for very cheesy penalties while there are several non-calls for tripping/interference on our guys every game? Not trying the whole conspiracy theory thing, I'm just noticing a lot of B.S.

LarryNJ
02-27-2011, 12:25 PM
It's looking more and more like a first round match up with the Caps. And more and more like we won't see Sid back this year. I don't like that match up but how cool would it be to beat them without Sid & Geno? :)

Rampage
02-27-2011, 12:45 PM
It's looking more and more like a first round match up with the Caps. And more and more like we won't see Sid back this year. I don't like that match up but how cool would it be to beat them without Sid & Geno? :)

I look at it a lot like playing the Ravens in the playoffs. Even if you don't win the Super Bowl (Stanley Cup in this case), it would be nice to knock them out.

steelersbabex25
02-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Was anyone else thinking during the game that this is the first time that Fleury hasn't come up big for us in a while? I mean, for once the offense gets rolling, and then everytime they score a goal Fleury lets one in right after. I will say he was a rock during OT and the shootout, though.

Rampage
02-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Was anyone else thinking during the game that this is the first time that Fleury hasn't come up big for us in a while? I mean, for once the offense gets rolling, and then everytime they score a goal Fleury lets one in right after. I will say he was a rock during OT and the shootout, though.

I was thinking the same thing, but you also have to figure that the forwards have not come up big for him. The most recent two games have sucked, but for the most part he has kept this team in games.

Hopefully this team can go back to complete games where both sides of the puck play well.

Scorp
02-27-2011, 10:43 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but you also have to figure that the forwards have not come up big for him. The most recent two games have sucked, but for the most part he has kept this team in games.

Hopefully this team can go back to complete games where both sides of the puck play well.

I have a feeling that will happen very soon. :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
02-28-2011, 08:43 AM

The good: we scored some points, the bad: our D stank as well as flower. The very good: we're getting injured players back every game...

Rampage
02-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Great week to have Versus and the NHL channel:

Penguins and Maple Leafs: Wednesday, 7:00et on Versus
Penguins and Devils: Friday, 7:00et on NHL Network (U.S.)
Penguins and Bruins (time to beat these guys): Saturday, 7:00et on NHL Network (U.S.)

Hopefully they can rattle off a win streak here.

Also, anyone else wondering if Shero is going to make any last minute moves?

LatrobePA
02-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Great week to have Versus and the NHL channel:

Penguins and Maple Leafs: Wednesday, 7:00et on Versus
Penguins and Devils: Friday, 7:00et on NHL Network (U.S.)
Penguins and Bruins (time to beat these guys): Saturday, 7:00et on NHL Network (U.S.)

Hopefully they can rattle off a win streak here.

Also, anyone else wondering if Shero is going to make any last minute moves?

I have a feeling Maxie or Cookie is on the chopping block and could be dealt B4 the end of the day...

Rampage
02-28-2011, 11:42 AM
I have a feeling Maxie or Cookie is on the chopping block and could be dealt B4 the end of the day...

I doubt Cook would be worth trading. He's come down with James Harrison syndrome and is now a marked man by the league which will really hurt his value.

I could see Talbot as trade bait, but I don't know who they would trade him for. Would this team trade him for a defenseman to bolster that area before the playoffs? Would trading him for a scoring winger attract attention from other teams?

I could honestly see this team dealing away one of these young forwards like Jeffrey or Conner (I would not like to see it) due to higher potential upside.

LatrobePA
02-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Tough call, but I do see him making more trades...

steelersbabex25
02-28-2011, 03:02 PM
I don't see Cookie or Talbo going. They both bring a lot of leadership and that's something that the Pens need desperately right now.

Scorp
02-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Waiting for the next game............................................an y day now.

LatrobePA
03-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Some updates headed into tonights game:

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=554797&navid=DL|PIT|home

steelersbabex25
03-02-2011, 09:31 PM
I would like a Kovalev goal right now.

--- Added 3/2/2011 at 08:31 PM ---

Thanks for nothing, Alexei.

Scorp
03-02-2011, 09:36 PM
I told ya'll we was in for a treat. I just wasn't expecting that kind of ending.

LatrobePA
03-02-2011, 09:59 PM
poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop!

Scorp
03-02-2011, 10:05 PM
We'll see what happens friday. Good luck in New Jersey boys.

LatrobePA
03-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Next 2 games are going to be rough!!

Rampage
03-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Next 2 games are going to be rough!!

For sure. New Jersey is coming back (not the same team they were early on) and we all know that Boston has this team's number right now.

If the Pens don't get healthy soon...

LatrobePA
03-03-2011, 12:48 PM
The whole team looked slow, I wonder if the long layoff between games affected them>??

Rampage
03-03-2011, 03:24 PM
The whole team looked slow, I wonder if the long layoff between games affected them>??

More like the long layoff between consecutive wins.

LatrobePA
03-03-2011, 03:48 PM
More like the long layoff between consecutive wins.

Absolutely...Getting scary!

Scorp
03-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Crosby has missed 25 games about. When will this guy be back? I never heard of a concussion that could keep a player out for this long. Well, if the season is over we had alot of great games and next go around we'll have Sid and Geno back healthy as horny race horses. There is still hockey to be played nonetheless, so hope we can still do some kind of damage.

LarryNJ
03-03-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm beginning to believe Sid is done for the year. Maybe he comes back for the playoffs but I don't think so. They are not going to take any chances with him at all.

LatrobePA
03-03-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm beginning to believe Sid is done for the year. Maybe he comes back for the playoffs but I don't think so. They are not going to take any chances with him at all.

I with you, I think so too...

This team is hit so damn hard with the injury bug it's got me worried. There for a while we were playing killer D, now guys are open all the time.

44 was a big loss...

Scorp
03-03-2011, 04:32 PM
What good would he be, really, if he came back for the playoffs? I don't think he would be playing like he did when they won the cup.

Rampage
03-03-2011, 06:24 PM
What good would he be, really, if he came back for the playoffs? I don't think he would be playing like he did when they won the cup.

He would play better than any of our other centers, though.

I figure he isn't coming back, but the team is holding out hope that he might be ready for the playoffs.

When he comes back he should be wrapped in bubble wrap.

LarryNJ
03-03-2011, 08:19 PM

Are you kidding? It would be huge to get him back. He was playing much better this year than 2 years ago, he would be well rested and motivated as always to win. With him and the rest of the team back we have a great chance to make a run even without Geno. Disco Dan has them playing D and that's really what it all is about.

Scorp
03-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Are you kidding? It would be huge to get him back. He was playing much better this year than 2 years ago, he would be well rested and motivated as always to win. With him and the rest of the team back we have a great chance to make a run even without Geno. Disco Dan has them playing D and that's really what it all is about.

You might be right. I guess it's the whole concussion thing that has me on the doubting side.

LatrobePA
03-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Sid was concussed in the Classic and should of never played the next game, and as luck would have it he got hit in the head. He was concussed while being concussed...

He got a double whammo!!

Scorp
03-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Well, i get a double back to back whammo of my teams today. Pens will send the devils back to hell and the heat will soon join them when the Spurs whip their *** after the Pens win.

Rampage
03-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Is it bad that I now hope for a point instead of a win?

Trying not to be greedy.

steelersbabex25
03-04-2011, 10:18 PM
REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

LatrobePA
03-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Tanger WTF dude??

BJ get up off your *** and make that stop, this team worked too f**king hard for you to lose the game for them!!

LatrobePA
03-05-2011, 02:38 PM
• Left wing Chris Kunitz appears close to returning and could play tonight at Boston. After practicing all week, Kunitz took part in Friday's optional skate and the pregame skate at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. Coach Dan Bylsma said he wanted to see how Kunitz's body responded to skating twice in one day. If he felt fine following the pregame skate, Kunitz is likely to play against the Bruins. If he had returned against the Devils, Kunitz would have played on consecutive nights after going almost a month without suiting up.

• Right wing Eric Godard is eligible to return to the lineup Tuesday against Buffalo. He was suspended 10 games for leaving the bench to fight during last month's brawl on Long Island.

• Center Jordan Staal was back with familiar linemates Matt Cooke and Tyler Kennedy last night, and he also sported a familiar look. Staal replaced his mullet, which he had worn all season, with a short haircut.

• Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury is slated to start tonight after backup Brent Johnson faced the Devils last night.

Read more: Penguins' Kunitz could make return tonight against Boston - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_725943.html?source=rss&feed=8#ixzz1FfK6Xqzl

steelersbabex25
03-05-2011, 03:00 PM
• Left wing Chris Kunitz appears close to returning and could play tonight at Boston. After practicing all week, Kunitz took part in Friday's optional skate and the pregame skate at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. Coach Dan Bylsma said he wanted to see how Kunitz's body responded to skating twice in one day. If he felt fine following the pregame skate, Kunitz is likely to play against the Bruins. If he had returned against the Devils, Kunitz would have played on consecutive nights after going almost a month without suiting up.

• Right wing Eric Godard is eligible to return to the lineup Tuesday against Buffalo. He was suspended 10 games for leaving the bench to fight during last month's brawl on Long Island.

• Center Jordan Staal was back with familiar linemates Matt Cooke and Tyler Kennedy last night, and he also sported a familiar look. Staal replaced his mullet, which he had worn all season, with a short haircut.

• Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury is slated to start tonight after backup Brent Johnson faced the Devils last night.

Read more: Penguins' Kunitz could make return tonight against Boston - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_725943.html?source=rss&feed=8#ixzz1FfK6Xqzl

Amazing news on all points. Kunitz coming back tonight would be huge!

Scorp
03-05-2011, 07:08 PM
That loss really sucked. Hope Kunitz does return.

LatrobePA
03-05-2011, 09:39 PM
What a freaking game! Let's get healthy and go on a roll!!

steelersbabex25
03-05-2011, 09:39 PM
DUSTIN JEFFREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS KID IS SOO BEAST!

Dee Mca
03-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Players coming back and the flyers losing good all around

LatrobePA
03-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Players coming back and the flyers losing good all around

Not far off the top seed...The key is for the Pens to keep winning, back home against the Sabes will be nice!

steelersbabex25
03-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Pens have also played 3 more games than the Flyers though. Gotta keep that in mind.

Rampage
03-06-2011, 11:49 AM
I got to miss everything until the last five minutes of the third period because of work. When the Bruins scored that goal at the end I was like, "Great, yet another opportunity squandered." Then Jeffrey put it in the net and they totally redeemed themselves!

steelersbabex25
03-06-2011, 12:06 PM
I got to miss everything until the last five minutes of the third period because of work. When the Bruins scored that goal at the end I was like, "Great, yet another opportunity squandered." Then Jeffrey put it in the net and they totally redeemed themselves!

Did we really expect anything else? Jeffrey is so sick and he needs to stay on the Pens after the season ends and all the starters come back. No way he should go back down to the Baby Pens.

Also, Cooke's no goal on the empty net was ridiculous. You're at the opponents end with an empty goal right in front of you? Come on Cookie, you gotta put that in.

LatrobePA
03-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Cookie pissed me off with that one, he also got man handled all night...

Scorp
03-06-2011, 10:45 PM
A win is a win. But they need to stop getting pushed to the brink and avoid the overtime games.

Rampage
03-07-2011, 11:19 AM
You know the thing that disappoints me the most? This team is losing so many games in OT or by a one goal margin which means that the defense/goalies are doing their jobs. Could you guys imagine if we actually had Crosby and/or Malkin? If the forwards could score with regularity, this team would be unstoppable in the playoffs.

LatrobePA
03-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Looking good:

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=555215&navid=DL|PIT|home

Rampage
03-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Hopefully they can get some of these guys back. It'd be nice to see Orpik, Kunitz, Asham and Comrie get healthy before the playoffs.

I would still love to know what really happened to Crosby. I call complete BS on a plain Jane concussion.

LatrobePA
03-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Hopefully they can get some of these guys back. It'd be nice to see Orpik, Kunitz, Asham and Comrie get healthy before the playoffs.

I would still love to know what really happened to Crosby. I call complete BS on a plain Jane concussion.

It's a little weird, but I think they messed up real bad letting him play after the hit he took in the Classic. Then the week after he got crunched again, I'd say he's done for the season...

steelersbabex25
03-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Stream is working on ATDHE.

--- Added 3/8/2011 at 08:34 PM ---

And we've got ourselves a win streak boys and girls.

LatrobePA
03-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Stream is working on ATDHE.

--- Added 3/8/2011 at 08:34 PM ---

And we've got ourselves a win streak boys and girls.

Thanks for the stream, that was fun to watch..Congrats Neal!!

steelersbabex25
03-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Neal and Michalek had monster games. I was really upset with Martin though. He missed a lot of chances on the power plays, especially on the 5 on 3.

LatrobePA
03-08-2011, 09:49 PM
How about Tanger and Jordan, both had almost 30min on the ice...

Those guys are beasts!

LatrobePA
03-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Extension for Dan:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=555480

Scorp
03-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Extension for Dan:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=555480

3 Years? Way to go Danny B.

Rampage
03-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Consecutive wins. It feels like we are being spoiled.

Scorp
03-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Maybe they can make it 3 in a row.

Rampage
03-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Maybe they can make it 3 in a row.

One can only hope.

Scorp
03-10-2011, 08:36 PM
I know they can. There is always hope.

Scorp
03-11-2011, 11:58 AM
By Timo Seppa
Hockey Prospectus
Archive

Sidney Crosby had a half-season for the ages.

Incredibly, Crosby's 32 goals, 34 assists and 66 points still rank him third amongst skaters in our Player Power Rankings, despite the fact that his competition has now played more than 150 percent of his game total. Consider that it's entirely possible that the Pittsburgh Penguins captain may remain among the top 10 skaters on the list even if he doesn't return for another regular-season game. By the measure of Goals Versus Threshold -- our player value metric which accounts for a skater's offensive, defensive and shootout contributions -- if he'd kept up the same pace, Crosby's 36.0 GVT over 82 games would have been the best season for an NHL skater since the lockout, blowing away Alex Ovechkin's 2007-08 (33.1 GVT) and 2009-10 (32.7 GVT) campaigns and Crosby's own 2009-10 (32.0 GVT).

Of course, individual achievement and team success go hand in hand. The Crosby-led Penguins were on fire for the first three months of the season, racking up 55 points and a .671 point percentage through 41 games before hits in consecutive games by Washington's David Steckel and Tampa Bay's Victor Hedman sidelined the Pittsburgh captain with the concussion that he's been struggling to shake since. Not surprisingly, what had looked like a top contender for the Stanley Cup has consequently transformed into a team that's not of playoff caliber without its all-world center. Pittsburgh has a .558 point percentage without Crosby and .526 without both Crosby and Evgeni Malkin -- the Pens lost Malkin for the season after he suffered torn knee ligaments Feb. 4.

The injuries have reduced the Penguins from playing like a first seed in the East to a team that would place 10th -- just ahead of the Toronto Maple Leafs (.508) -- if it had to go without Crosby and Malkin the entire season ... thus leaving their Stanley Cup fortunes in doubt.

LarryNJ
03-11-2011, 04:42 PM
if it had to go without Crosby and Malkin the entire season ... thus leaving their Stanley Cup fortunes in doubt.

No ****...

Rampage
03-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Live broadcast on Yahoo! Sports of the Pens Habs game today: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl;_ylt=AnwnWgaZo43N6hI0JHwSeMk5nYcB

LatrobePA
03-12-2011, 03:20 PM
See ya flower!

steelersbabex25
03-12-2011, 03:34 PM
See ya flower!

What?

LatrobePA
03-12-2011, 03:35 PM
What?

Yanked him after allowing 3 goals...

The D didn't help him too much!

Pens are playing like BUMS!

steelersbabex25
03-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Yanked him after allowing 3 goals...

The D didn't help him too much!

Pens are playing like BUMS!

Ohh right I missed the game. Just saw the score though.

So much for that win streak.

LatrobePA
03-13-2011, 03:13 PM
http://atdhenet.tv/35613/watch-edmonton-oilers-vs-pittsburgh-penguins

Scorp
03-13-2011, 06:00 PM
no sid, no geno, no problem. is anyone else smelling cup?

LatrobePA
03-13-2011, 07:06 PM
no sid, no geno, no problem. is anyone else smelling cup?

Easy, the Oilers are last in the NHL (the Browns of the NHL)!!

steelersbabex25
03-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Easy, the Oilers are last in the NHL (the Browns of the NHL)!!

Don't even give them that credit. It's more like the Panthers of the NHL.

Scorp
03-13-2011, 08:29 PM
espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6212577
Is Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby considering retirement?

Veteran sports radio host Bob McCown of the Fan590 in Toronto made waves Friday when he reported he had heard Crosby's family was trying to convince him to retire for fear of risking more injury.

Not true, said the superstar player's father.

"Not at all," Troy Crosby, from his Halifax, Nova Scotia, home, told ESPN. "We're just trying to get him healthy again. However long that takes, that's how long it's going to take."

Crosby's agent Pat Brisson also refuted the report.

As for Crosby's status?

"He's progressing," said Brisson. "But there is no timetable."

www.espn.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6210960

LatrobePA
03-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Sid back on the ice:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=555962&navid=DL|NHL|home

--- Added 3/14/2011 at 09:55 AM ---

Don't even give them that credit. It's more like the Panthers of the NHL.

LOL...

Rampage
03-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Nice to see a convincing win. It seems like Kunitz healed up nicely. TK48 is really developing into more than a fast skater; his play has really impressed me this year. How about Neal? Although he isn't getting a ton of goals, I really like the guy. It seems as if he has an immediate chemistry with any linemates and he has that physicality that this team really needs. I would love to see a Kunitz - Crosby - Neal first line.

Also, good news about Crosby skating. Even if he doesn't come back right away, this is a huge sign. I definitely prefer this team's chances in the playoffs with number 87 in the lineup.

Scorp
03-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Although his return is still uncertain i'm really liking our chances now. Hope he gets back in action soon.

LarryNJ
03-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Nice to see a convincing win. It seems like Kunitz healed up nicely. TK48 is really developing into more than a fast skater; his play has really impressed me this year. How about Neal? Although he isn't getting a ton of goals, I really like the guy. It seems as if he has an immediate chemistry with any linemates and he has that physicality that this team really needs. I would love to see a Kunitz - Crosby - Neal first line.

Also, good news about Crosby skating. Even if he doesn't come back right away, this is a huge sign. I definitely prefer this team's chances in the playoffs with number 87 in the lineup.

:lol: That's our ONLY chance to make it more than a round.

It seems like anytime Kunitz plays we win. You're right a Kunitz - Crosby - Neal line will be awesome!

LatrobePA
03-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Freaking Neal is so close to having 10 goals since joining the Pens, he seems snake bitten!

Let's hope the puck rolls his way in the PO's that could be huge!

Rampage
03-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Although his return is still uncertain i'm really liking our chances now. Hope he gets back in action soon.

While I am still concerned, I really like seeing "on the ice," and "uncertain," instead of "lingering concussion symptoms." Hopefully he can get better in time for the playoffs, along with guys like Orpik, Asham, maybe even Comrie.

:lol: That's our ONLY chance to make it more than a round.

It seems like anytime Kunitz plays we win. You're right a Kunitz - Crosby - Neal line will be awesome!

Without Crosby, this team really doesn't have that guy that can make everyone think that, no matter what, the Pens have a chance. Hell, a lot of these games and a two goal deficit seals the deal. With Crosby, you always have a shot at getting that goal to tie or to win.

Freaking Neal is so close to having 10 goals since joining the Pens, he seems snake bitten!

Let's hope the puck rolls his way in the PO's that could be huge!

Malkin looked that way early in the season. The puck wouldn't settle down for him or a pass would be an inch off and he wouldn't get a chance at a shot. Finally, it seemed like he was getting hot and BAM, out went his knee. Hopefully Neal can follow Malkin's lead without the injury part.

steelersbabex25
03-14-2011, 08:10 PM
What's so frustrating is that if the Pens had a compotent trainer, Crosby would probably be playing right now.

Rampage
03-15-2011, 11:16 AM
What's so frustrating is that if the Pens had a compotent trainer, Crosby would probably be playing right now.

I do not think this is an issue of competency with the trainer. If I am not mistaken, the team doctor clears players after a concussion and apparently Crosby was good to go after the initial hit. The second one aggravated his injury and now he is on IR. The team trainer cannot control how quickly a player overcomes concussion symptoms.

LatrobePA
03-15-2011, 11:50 AM
He should of been off the ice after the hit at the classic, and for sure not back on for the next game...

Rampage
03-15-2011, 12:33 PM
He should of been off the ice after the hit at the classic, and for sure not back on for the next game...

It depends on what he was experiencing, what he told the team doctors, and what the doctors felt would be the most appropriate course of action.

And I will just post this here because I watched some Beavis and Butthead last night:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/6/20/1daf4bc9-33d9-4809-8b63-ca8b2b499ec5.jpg

Scorp
03-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Funny *** sig bro.

steelersbabex25
03-15-2011, 05:47 PM
I do not think this is an issue of competency with the trainer. If I am not mistaken, the team doctor clears players after a concussion and apparently Crosby was good to go after the initial hit. The second one aggravated his injury and now he is on IR. The team trainer cannot control how quickly a player overcomes concussion symptoms.

It was completely the trainers fault. I don't care what the player tells you, just by looking at that play you should know he was caused a significant head injury. Not only that, but the game after they marketed it as an "upper body injury," just so he could play. He should have never had the chance to aggravate the injury because he should have never been playing in the game after the Winter Classic.

LatrobePA
03-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Good win against a chippy Sens team....

14 has really made an impact since being back...

steelersbabex25
03-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Another win streak? Pinch me, I must be dreaming.

Scorp
03-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Share Penguins captain Sidney Crosby skated Tuesday morning at CONSOL Energy Center for the second straight day.

Crosby skated for the first time since suffering a concussion in early January on Monday. Both days Crosby has skated for roughly 15 minutes in full gear while working on shooting pucks and stick-handling.

LatrobePA
03-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Come on Sid...This team could be very scary if they get healthy at the right time, a lot of players will be well rested...

Rampage
03-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Another nice win.

You know who I really love having on this team? Michalek. The dude is a complete defenseman and now he is scoring regularly.

If this team can start winning heading into the playoffs and they get Crosby back, watch out.

Scorp
03-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Crosby will be back. I guarantee it boys and gals, babes, and rampages, and latrobes. Why else would he be practicing and putting on skates? This guy is going to say f*ck the league and the hits, it won't stop me from winning another cup.

LatrobePA
03-16-2011, 11:26 PM
Crosby will be back. I guarantee it boys and gals, babes, and rampages, and latrobes. Why else would he be practicing and putting on skates? This guy is going to say f*ck the league and the hits, it won't stop me from winning another cup.

I think so too, they have been very hush hush and I think it's a mind game for the rest of the league...

Scorp
03-16-2011, 11:43 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=pla#&navid=nav-stn-plyfs

Rampage
03-17-2011, 11:30 AM
More good news on the injury front. It looks like Comrie is practicing with the team again. If Comrie and Asham can get healthy enough to get back on the ice in the next week or two, I would start getting very excited about this team's chances. If and when Crosby comes back, I could see them picking up right where they left off about 35-40 games ago.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=556353&navid=DL|PIT|home

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=pla#&navid=nav-stn-plyfs

We all better pray that we do indeed draw Tampon Bay and not the Canadiens. I don't consider the Canadiens to be very good, they just have the Penguins' number.

Scorp
03-17-2011, 12:32 PM
We all better pray that we do indeed draw Tampon Bay and not the Canadiens. I don't consider the Canadiens to be very good, they just have the Penguins' number.

The 2nd round series last year was great. Except the part for getting knocked out of the playoffs. That was not cool at all. It is still fresh in my mind. The Pens, at times, looked like they just didn't want to play anymore or were just beatin by a better team.

As Rampage put it. Tampon Bay would be a very suitable opponent for the Pens in the first round. I'm hoping Sid would be back to help eliminate them in 4 or 5 games should everything turn out for the Pens to face TB. But for now i'm still playing the waiting game to see who's making a for sure comeback.

--- Added 3/17/2011 at 11:32 AM ---

Thursday, 03.17.2011 / 9:30 AM /
Penguins Report By Sam Kasan

Crosby skated for third time today and has had no setbacks (11:27 AM).
Crosby's chat with the media (11:36 AM).
Letestu is day-to-day with upper-body injury, more status updates (11:43 AM).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11:43 AM:
Coach Bylsma said that Mark Letestu is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.

Bylsma also gave a plethora of status updates on the rest of the injured Pens:

"(Arron) Asham again in practice today with the full team. (Mike) Comrie was out there with us, it was his first practice. They’re both working on their conditioning and timing and getting back with the group, but they're out there with us.

"Nick Johnson and Eric Tangradi continue to progress off the ice, skating with Brooks Orpik. But they’re probably a ways away in their progression to getting back with the team.

"(Evgeni) Malkin, obviously continuing his rehab.

"And Crosby, to follow up what Sid addressed today, just progressing slowly, following instructions from the doctors and he’s in contact with them about how he’s feeling and his progression. If he skates, or if he doesn’t skate, or what he does off the ice, is based on the doctors’ protocol and following that program. It doesn’t mean necessarily that he’s having a good day or a bad day. But he is progressing back, there is no timetable for his return. And as far as us, he’s really not on the radar whether we’re discussing whether he is going to return to play or not. It is really not on the radar yet. So there’s no timetable, and good to see him on the ice and good to see him progressing. But he’s following that protocol closely.

Bylsma was then asked if Dustin Jeffrey would be the logical guy to step into the center position between James Neal and Alex Kovalev. His response:

"Yes. That would be the original thought. As the game wound down there in Ottawa, (Jeffrey) did step into that spot and play between those two guys. One of the goals they got was with him at center. So yes."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11:36 AM:
Crosby's chat with the media...

On skating three of the last four days:
I haven’t really done anything different. All three days have been pretty much the same. Right now we’re just progressively moving slowly and trying to get back into the swing of things. It feels good just have gear on.

On what he’s done:
Just trying to start real slow. I don’t want symptoms and I don’t want to rush anything. It’s not something you can rush. I know it’s going to take time. From the way I feel out there and not doing anything for two and a half months, you feel it. It’s nice to get out there. I don’t really have a plan for skating everyday or anything like that. I’m kind of just going with the progression and what they’re telling me.

On if he’s worried he’ll get symptoms after a skate:
You don’t want to think about it. That’s the worst thing you can do. That day I just tried to keep it as normal as possible and not think about it. If you get through one day of that, it doesn’t mean you’re out of the woods or anything. I try not to put too much pressure on that one day. On top of that I started pretty slow. It was nice to get through it, a small victory. It’s just a matter of getting through each day, progressing and hopefully not having symptoms.

On when he’ll skate longer and make the workout more intense:
That’s not really up to me. I give doctors feedback and they tell me what I should expect and their plan and how I should feel. There’s a lot of communicating to be honest. Everybody’s different. The important thing is that they know how you feel and as long as they know that they’ll guide you in the right direction. We’ve been able to work pretty effectively with that.

On if he’s had any setbacks:
No, it’s been good.

11:27 AM:
Sidney Crosby confirmed with the media that he skated today for the third time in the past four days with no setbacks. Crosby had the same workload today (15 minutes on the ice with some stick-handling and puck work).

10:45 AM:
Comrie is indeed practicing with the team for the first time since his hip surgery. Matt Niskanen is also back with the team. Mark Letestu is not on the ice for the Pens. Here are the lines from practice:

Neal-Jeffrey-Kovalev
Kunitz-Staal-Kennedy
Cooke-Talbot-Dupuis
Rupp-Adams-Conner
Asham-Comrie-Godard

Martin-Michalek
Niskanen-Engelland
Letang-Lovejoy

10:25 AM:
Mike Comrie is on the ice with the regular practice team right now. It looks like he'll be practicing with his teammates for the first time since having hip surgery - another great sign on the injury front.

9:30 AM:
The Pens had the day off Wednesday, but are back on the ice for practice Thursday at Southpointe for a 10:30 a.m. session. The Pens have an unusually long break between games, as they aren't back in action until Sunday at 12:30 p.m. against NY Rangers on NBC.

LatrobePA
03-17-2011, 02:55 PM
What's wrong with this picture? Sid out long term for concussion, this guy broken neck back in no time??

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/Montreal-Canadiens-coach-says-Max-Pacioretty-may-be-back-for-playoffs-after-spinal-injury-031711

Rampage
03-17-2011, 05:19 PM
What's wrong with this picture? Sid out long term for concussion, this guy broken neck back in no time??

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/Montreal-Canadiens-coach-says-Max-Pacioretty-may-be-back-for-playoffs-after-spinal-injury-031711

Crosby is just a pussy.

:lol::popcorn:

LatrobePA
03-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Crosby is just a pussy.

:lol::popcorn:

LOL, you said it not me! All I keep hearing is that he reading page by page from the concussion handbook!

LarryNJ
03-18-2011, 09:48 AM
My guess is Sid wants to get out there but Mario has told the doctors to take ZERO chances. He has more than a decade left to play and you don't want him to go the way of Eric Lindros.

LatrobePA
03-18-2011, 10:12 AM
My guess is Sid wants to get out there but Mario has told the doctors to take ZERO chances. He has more than a decade left to play and you don't want him to go the way of Eric Lindros.

Certainly makes sense..

Rampage
03-18-2011, 12:28 PM
I imagine that it is indeed precautionary. I still would love to know if this was a simple concussion, or if it was something worse. Methinks this was more than Crosby seeing stars after bouncing his noggin off the ice.

steelersbabex25
03-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Pens are 6 points behind the Flyers now. They can still win the division, but they seriously need to pick it up with a serious win streak, starting today against the Rangers.

Prosdo
03-20-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm sick of Matt Cooke

steelersbabex25
03-20-2011, 02:36 PM
That shorty by Kunitz was absolutely gorgeous.

--- Added 3/20/2011 at 01:36 PM ---

I'm sick of Matt Cooke

Agreed. It's one thing to shoot yourself in the foot, but don't bring the rest of the team down with you.

Rampage
03-20-2011, 03:51 PM
At least Cooke has made the decision a little easier about who will be replaced when Asham and Comrie get back.

Scorp
03-20-2011, 10:12 PM
5-2? They were doing good for a while........:evilshake: Better kill those red wings.

--- Added 3/20/2011 at 09:12 PM ---

Is Bylsma getting help soon?Sunday, 03.20.2011 / 5:27 PMBy David Kalan - NHL.com Staff Writer

It was 11 days ago that Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma was given a three-year contract extension. Given that Bylsma led the Pens to a championship in his first season, and that he has amassed more than 100 wins without having completed two full seasons behind the Pittsburgh bench, the deal seemed like a smart one for both parties. But while some might view the extension as a just reward for delivering a championship, this season, fraught as it has been with injuries and stiff competition, may be the reason GM Ray Shero has decided to ink the young coach longterm.

This season, Bylsma has earned his money.

While no one has ever questioned the coaching brilliance of Phil Jackson in the NBA, with players like Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Scottie Pippen, it's easy to get cynical and notice that he's picked his spots well. Similarly, Bylsma's tenure started with a Pittsburgh franchise that is loaded for bear with young talent -- Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Marc-Andre Fleury -- and a strong defense that is locked up for several seasons, meaning that his coaching career could cover a span in which the Pens are set up for competitiveness if not dominance.

Having that kind of talent can make it easy to dismiss the impact of the coach, but this season a roster that has essentially been without two of the three best players in the world for half the season is still in the thick of it. In addition, prior to Sunday's loss at home to the Rangers, the Penguins were not just safely in the East's top eight, but they had won four of five and were pushing Philadelphia atop the Atlantic Division.

Doing so without the team's two best players is astonishing, particularly given that Crosby, prior to suffering a concussion, appeared headed for the League's MVP award in a walk. Sid was on pace for 64 goals and 68 assists, totals that would have given him just the second 60-goal season the NHL has seen in the past 12 years, and the most points in the League since Mario Lemieux tallied 160 in 1993. Bylsma's coaching job has been impressive to this point, but there's no denying that Pittsburgh would be better off with its two young perennial all-star pivots. Without both Crosby and Malkin in the lineup this season, the Penguins are just 12-8-4, a mark that, while above .500, could certainly be improved upon by a Cup contender.

Fortunately for Bylsma and Co. help could be on the way. The Penguins haven't set any sort of return date for Crosby, with some speculating that he could be done for the season so as not to jeopardize his entire career -- and given the recent concern over concussions, that kind of thinking certainly seems reasonable. But it's clearly noticeable that Crosby has been more and more active in recent weeks, with perhaps the most reassuring signs coming Sunday morning when he took the ice at roughly 7:30 a.m. to run a number of drills in full pads.

Those drills were of the non-contact variety to be sure, but considering reports weeks ago that Crosby was having difficulty riding a stationary bike this is a tremendous improvement for one of the League's biggest stars. Obviously, the very real chance that Crosby won't return this season is still out there. Taking a shot at a championship this year with your franchise cornerstone's future hanging in the balance would be unwise for several reasons. But if Crosby is healthy enough to come back come playoff time -- and plays like he did before leaving the ice in January -- it could be just what the Penguins need.

And, without question, it will completely change the dynamics of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

LatrobePA
03-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Cookie is a liability at this point...After that stupid shot the game turned quickly, idiot!

Rampage
03-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Cookie is a liability at this point...After that stupid shot the game turned quickly, idiot!

Cooke is either selfish or ignorant. He clearly attempts to take cheap shots on players despite what is going on around him in the game. I'm not sure if he does not understand the repercussions of his play, or if he simply does not care and places greater value on lighting someone up than on winning.

Either way, I think he needs some time to reflect on his play.

Scorp
03-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Maybe he's just frustrated with something. I could be wrong.

--- Added 3/21/2011 at 02:31 PM ---

Penguins forward Matt Cooke was to meet with NHL officials for an in-person disciplinary hearing Monday afternoon in Toronto for his actions in Sunday's game, a source told ESPN.com.

Cooke was given a five-minute major penalty and ejected 4:36 into the third period of a 5-2 loss to the New York Rangers for an elbow to the head of defenseman Ryan McDonagh.

The meeting had initially been set for 1 p.m. ET but was pushed back to at 1:30 p.m. because of travel probems.

Cooke has been suspended three times over the past three seasons for illegal hits. He also delivered a hit on Boston's Marc Savard in March 2010 that resulted in a severe concussion and prompted the NHL to adopt a new rule that bans blindside hits to the head.

Bruins winger Brad Marchand, who recently completed a two-game suspension for his elbow to the head of an opposing player, said the NHL needs to suspend Cooke.

"I think it's about time he gets [suspended]," Marchand said. "He needs to be taught a lesson. He's doing that stuff left, right and center. I expect he'll get a bunch of games. He's got to be taught a lesson. He can't be running around doing that stuff all the time. He's going to seriously hurt someone again -- look at Savvy. He could have easily hurt McDonagh."

Cooke appeared to stick out his elbow to strike McDonagh near center ice.

"I didn't see him coming. I know it hurt, that's for sure," McDonagh said. "I would hope it wasn't his intent. It's a tight game. I'm sure he's not trying to get his team a five-minute penalty. He's probably just trying to finish his check and just caught me wrong."

Cooke wasn't available to reporters after the game. Rangers coach John Tortorella sidestepped the question of what discipline the NHL should give Cooke, saying, "That's not for me to decide. You're not getting me involved in that stuff."

Led by co-owner Mario Lemieux and general manager Ray Shero, the Penguins have been vocal about lobbying the NHL to penalize head shots with more fervor.

Cooke likely will be suspended for his latest infraction.

"I don't think you can talk about eliminating head shots from the game, as we have as an organization, and not expect [Cooke's hit] to be examined," Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said. "It's what looks to be a contact right to the head on the play, so the league will look at that and treat it as such."

Rampage
03-21-2011, 06:07 PM
I thought McDonagh's quote was classy. He had the opportunity to blast Cooke and didn't.

Steel Trap86
03-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Suspended for the rest of the season AND the 1st round of the playoffs. Cooke is a goof, sorry guys. I don't know how Lemeuix keeps him on after this one. It's the same name everytime. He ended Marc Savards career and is constantly taking cheap **** head shots. Shawn Thornton faught him after what he did to Savard and Cooke turtled like a little girl. Also Evander Kane KO'd him with one shot. When it comes to the physical play in hockey, Cooke is good at blindside hits...he cant even fight. The Pens have Eric Godard & Deryk Engelland, both have beaten Colton Orr which ain't easy. And Aaron Asham is way better then Cooke anyways imo so he can be his replacement. F*ck'em I hope the Pens get rid of him.

steelersbabex25
03-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Giving it all up in the third period..never seen this before.

airbrake 1
03-21-2011, 10:26 PM
two the hard way...too close...i think they thought they could cruise to the finish

steelersbabex25
03-21-2011, 10:26 PM
JAMES NEAL PRODUCES YET AGAIN! What a shot!

Scorp
03-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Ok, i know the Pens got the W. But can you all honestly say that you're pleased? You don't get that kind of lead only to almost hand your opponent the game on a freakin silver platter.

steelersbabex25
03-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Ok, i know the Pens got the W. But can you all honestly say that you're pleased? You don't get that kind of lead only to almost hand your opponent the game on a freakin silver platter.

It was the Red Wings with our back up goalie. To get 4 goals and to only allow 4 goals in a series of power plays for Detroit..I'm pretty content with that.

Scorp
03-21-2011, 11:22 PM
It was the Red Wings with our back up goalie. To get 4 goals and to only allow 4 goals in a series of power plays for Detroit..I'm pretty content with that.

Ok look, i'll be honest. I was watching the spurs/warriors game, switching back and forth during commercials and the Pens were up, what, 3-0 or 4-1? Checked the score after the 3rd period and the game was all tied up. Johnson can be a pretty darn good goalie, unless they went with another and i missed that. See, this is what happens when my 2 favorite teams play on the same freakin day around the same freakin time. Choosing can be pretty hard. Go Pens!!!!!!!!

--- Added 3/21/2011 at 10:22 PM ---

Oh yeah, JAMES NEAL YOU ROCK BROTHER.

steelersbabex25
03-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Ok look, i'll be honest. I was watching the spurs/warriors game, switching back and forth during commercials and the Pens were up, what, 3-0 or 4-1? Checked the score after the 3rd period and the game was all tied up. Johnson can be a pretty darn good goalie, unless they went with another and i missed that. See, this is what happens when my 2 favorite teams play on the same freakin day around the same freakin time. Choosing can be pretty hard. Go Pens!!!!!!!!

--- Added 3/21/2011 at 10:22 PM ---

Oh yeah, JAMES NEAL YOU ROCK BROTHER.

Goals 3 and 4 for the Red Wings were on the power play, both really good shots.

Scorp
03-21-2011, 11:42 PM
Goals 3 and 4 for the Red Wings were on the power play, both really good shots.

They didn't deserve those points. :grin1:

LatrobePA
03-22-2011, 08:42 AM
JAMES NEAL PRODUCES YET AGAIN! What a shot!

Imagine him on the same line as Sid, it's gonna be sick!! Neal is starting to come to life..

On another note does anyone think Kovy is a turn over machine??

Rampage
03-22-2011, 11:22 AM

I am completely unimpressed with this team. They went up 4 to 0 and do you know what they started doing? Getting rid of the puck like it was a single goal lead with three minutes to go in a playoff game. Where they were controlling the puck in the offensive zone in the first and second periods, they were playing like Cowher in an AFC Championship in the third: Not to lose. I lay that one on the coaching staff. The second that fourth goal found the back of the net, it is like the team went into a shell. We already saw the same meltdown against Boston this year, so I was figuring we'd get another. Fortunately, Neal put it in the net and got this team the extra point. I'm still disappointed because there is no need to go to a shootout after a four goal lead. That's called squandering an opportunity.

LatrobePA
03-22-2011, 11:25 AM
I agree somewhat, but lets not forget who we were playing, the Wings can put up some points. Johnson made some big time stops and then also made some big time flops...

All in all I'm happy they won but like you not pleased they let them come back..

I am completely unimpressed with this team. They went up 4 to 0 and do you know what they started doing? Getting rid of the puck like it was a single goal lead with three minutes to go in a playoff game. Where they were controlling the puck in the offensive zone in the first and second periods, they were playing like Cowher in an AFC Championship in the third: Not to lose. I lay that one on the coaching staff. The second that fourth goal found the back of the net, it is like the team went into a shell. We already saw the same meltdown against Boston this year, so I was figuring we'd get another. Fortunately, Neal put it in the net and got this team the extra point. I'm still disappointed because there is no need to go to a shootout after a four goal lead. That's called squandering an opportunity.

Rampage
03-22-2011, 11:50 AM
I agree somewhat, but lets not forget who we were playing, the Wings can put up some points. Johnson made some big time stops and then also made some big time flops...

All in all I'm happy they won but like you not pleased they let them come back..

The Redwings aren't God's gift to hockey. Just because the refs treat them like it does not mean they are. If you can hold a three goal lead on a team after two periods, it is your game to lose.

I think the biggest problem with this team is passing, especially on the powerplay. There is zero continuity and it prevents the Penguins from getting scoring chances and typically results in giving the opponent an uneven rush.

:rant2::banging::lol:

LatrobePA
03-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Records don't lie man, the Wings are a good team as badly as I hate them it's the truth.

I've always said the Pens aren't a real sharp passing team.

The wings crowded the net all night long, our D didn't have an answer for it!

Rampage
03-22-2011, 12:12 PM
The defense did have an answer for it early in the game: An offense. Once the offense disappeared, Johnson and the defense got to face a barrage of shots.

I don't know, I should be happy about the win, but it pisses me off when this team squanders lead after lead. The inabilities to score on the powerplay or to stay ahead are going to kill this team come playoff time.

LatrobePA
03-22-2011, 12:31 PM
The defense did have an answer for it early in the game: An offense. Once the offense disappeared, Johnson and the defense got to face a barrage of shots.

I don't know, I should be happy about the win, but it pisses me off when this team squanders lead after lead. The inabilities to score on the powerplay or to stay ahead are going to kill this team come playoff time.

Oh man our PP is aweful, they're a better scoring team on the kill!! lol but it's the truth!!

steelersbabex25
03-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Imagine him on the same line as Sid, it's gonna be sick!! Neal is starting to come to life..

On another note does anyone think Kovy is a turn over machine??

Didn't notice turnovers so much (but I only got to watch the 3rd period on) but him shooting first in the SO made me scratch my head. I didn't get that..

LatrobePA
03-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Didn't notice turnovers so much (but I only got to watch the 3rd period on) but him shooting first in the SO made me scratch my head. I didn't get that..

Seemed like a lazy attempt...Oh well Neal came through, I told my son in the third that Neal would have the game winner, little did I know he would..lol

steelersbabex25
03-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Guess we don't need to worry about Boucher if it goes to a SO Thursday..

Scorp
03-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Records don't lie man, the Wings are a good team as badly as I hate them it's the truth.

I've always said the Pens aren't a real sharp passing team.

The wings crowded the net all night long, our D didn't have an answer for it!

It's only because they know how to play against us. Plain and simple. I don't hate them. I just really don't like them. Only because they beat us in the finals a few years ago. They have tons of experience on that team.

LatrobePA
03-22-2011, 11:28 PM

Yea he was a turd tonight...

Rampage
03-23-2011, 11:55 AM

He'll play like a brick wall against the Penguins. It seems like every game the Penguins play is against an opponent bringing their A game.

LarryNJ
03-23-2011, 12:40 PM
I missed the last 2 games. Unless the Flyers totally flop which I don't see happening there's no way we catch them, so the best we can hope for is to stay ahead of TB and get the 4th seed. Looks like the Caps are getting hot at the right time will be nice to watch them fail again. :)

LatrobePA
03-23-2011, 03:13 PM
News:

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=556955&navid=DL|PIT|home

steelersbabex25
03-23-2011, 04:23 PM
News:

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=556955&navid=DL|PIT|home

Come back Orpik..

Rampage
03-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Sounds like Orpik won't be playing tonight. If the Penguins can pull a win out of this one, or at least make it to OT, it would be huge.

steelersbabex25
03-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Damn it Fleury..you can't let one like that in.

Scorp
03-24-2011, 09:40 PM
I think they could have won it already.

--- Added 3/24/2011 at 08:40 PM ---

KUNITZ BABY!!!!!!!!

steelersbabex25
03-24-2011, 09:40 PM
That's how it's done! Finally a win against the Flyers.

Scorp
03-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Nice!!!!!

LatrobePA
03-25-2011, 01:46 AM
Sounds like it was a good game sucks I have been driving all night refreshing the BB for updates..

I hope Jeffrey is OK.

Rampage
03-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Nice to see this team close some of the distance between them and Philly. Want more good news? Comrie will be back tonight against the Devils.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=557188&navid=DL|PIT|home

steelersbabex25
03-25-2011, 09:30 PM
James Neal..wow.

Scorp
03-25-2011, 11:32 PM
One word for our boys. :clap: BRAVO. :clap:

LarryNJ
03-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Sounds like it was a good game sucks I have been driving all night refreshing the BB for updates..

I hope Jeffrey is OK.

I used to do the refreshing thing for updates when I was out. But now I stream the radio broadcast. I'm assuming you can do that with a blackberry too. It's great because you get to listen to Mike Lange too.

It reminds me of when I was a kid my uncle always had a transistor radio up to his ear listening to a Pirates game. :)

--- Added 3/26/2011 at 07:49 AM ---

It looks like we pretty much have that #4 seed wrapped up and will get home ice in round 1. We still have a shot to poss the Flyers but I don't see that happening.

Rampage
03-26-2011, 02:02 PM
How about Fleury on March 25? He's 4-0 with four shutouts on that date. The man should buy a lottery ticket.

Very happy with Neal and Kovalev as well. Those guys have been money is shootouts since the Pens acquired them.

LatrobePA
03-26-2011, 02:11 PM
I need to look into it, I'm just too damn cheap! lol

I used to do the refreshing thing for updates when I was out. But now I stream the radio broadcast. I'm assuming you can do that with a blackberry too. It's great because you get to listen to Mike Lange too.

It reminds me of when I was a kid my uncle always had a transistor radio up to his ear listening to a Pirates game. :)

--- Added 3/26/2011 at 07:49 AM ---

It looks like we pretty much have that #4 seed wrapped up and will get home ice in round 1. We still have a shot to poss the Flyers but I don't see that happening.

Scorp
03-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Posted: 03/26/2011 12:49 PM
Home
By Rob Rossi, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, March 26, 2011

• While addressing the subject of injured defenseman Brooks Orpik's impending return, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma provided a potential clue on the status of center Sidney Crosby. ″When Brooks is ready to play and when Sidney Crosby is ready to play, we're going to insert them both (into the lineup),″ Bylsma said Friday after practice at Consol Energy Center. Orpik practiced with teammates yesterday morning; before the team session, Crosby, who is recovering from a concussion, participated in another on-ice workout. He has not experienced any setbacks since returning to the ice March 14 but has missed the past 34 games.

• The target for Orpik's return from a broken right finger is next week. He has participated in three days of practice with teammates and said his main objective is to regain his timing, especially with stickhandling. He has missed 13 consecutive games, and the Penguins had allowed 34 goals in the previous 12 entering last night's matchup with New Jersey — an average of 2.83 compared to 2.38 for the season.

• Forward Mike Comrie played for the first time since Nov. 24. He had missed 51 straight games while recovering from hip surgery. A spot in the lineup opened after center Dustin Jeffrey suffered a lower-body injury and did not return to Thursday's game in Philadelphia after Flyers center Jeff Carter fell into his right leg. The Penguins did not provide an update on Jeffrey, but Bylsma said he was being examined by team doctors. Comrie played wing against the Devils.

• Backup goalie Brent Johnson (upper-body injury) remains day-to-day and was not available for a second straight game. Marc-Andre Fleury started even though this game was the Penguins' second in as many nights and they play again Sunday afternoon. The other option was Brad Thiessen, who has never played in the NHL. Fleury has appeared in 37 of the past 42 games but only seven of the past 10.

LarryNJ
03-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Bylsma provides possible clue about
Crosby's status
″When Brooks is ready to play and when Sidney
Crosby is ready to play, we're going to insert
them both (into the lineup),″

That's really a great clue. Of course he'll be in the lineup when he's ready to play. That's hardly news.

Rampage
03-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Live feed of today's game on Yahoo: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/hockeynight/2011032716;_ylt=Ao1brCSBIO247DOs7q_W7ul7vLYF

steelersbabex25
03-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Live feed of today's game on Yahoo: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/hockeynight/2011032716;_ylt=Ao1brCSBIO247DOs7q_W7ul7vLYF

Awesome, thanks!

Rampage
03-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Kovalev and Neal in the shootout. These guys are golden.

steelersbabex25
03-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Is James Neal the God of shootouts..

Scorp
03-27-2011, 06:04 PM
That's what? 4, 5 straight in a shootout? Very sweet. I just hope all that extra playing doesn't catch up to them in the playoffs.

Rampage
03-27-2011, 06:57 PM
That's what? 4, 5 straight in a shootout? Very sweet. I just hope all that extra playing doesn't catch up to them in the playoffs.

Four straight shootout wins. Who knows, maybe that extra playing gives them more continuity come playoff time? :dunno:

steelersbabex25
03-27-2011, 07:38 PM
I don't mind the shootouts besides the fact that they've all been for a 0-0 or 1-1 tie. Flower is playing great, I just wish they would generate more offense.

Prosdo
03-27-2011, 07:52 PM
I had tickets to the game today. James Neal is golden on the shootouts!

LarryNJ
03-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Is James Neal the God of shootouts..

No, that would be #87! But he and Kovey are filling in fine while God is away! :)

Scorp
03-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Four straight shootout wins. Who knows, maybe that extra playing gives them more continuity come playoff time? :dunno:

Just hope it is not too much wear and tear on the body going in, come playoff time.

--- Added 3/27/2011 at 10:49 PM ---

Sunday, 03.27.2011 / 1:28 PM / NHL Insider By Alan Robinson - NHL.com Correspondent

Sidney Crosby is staying on the ice longer these days. So long that Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma sometimes doesn't have time to watch it all.

Asked how the rehabilitating Crosby did during an early morning, 45-minute session Sunday at Consol Energy Center, Bylsma said, "I was on the ice. I left before he got finished. So he tired me out."

Sounds like the old days with Crosby, whose on-ice work ethic has long been part of Penguins' lore. It also appears as if Crosby might be getting closer to rejoining his teammates for practice after missing nearly half the season with a concussion.

That, of course, would be the precursor to Crosby returning for games.

Still, the Penguins maintain a cautious-as-we-go approach, setting no formal timetable or deadline for their captain to resume a career in which he was the NHL's dominant player for the first half of the season.

Crosby, with 66 points in 41 games, ranked No. 19 in NHL scoring going into Sunday's games -- despite not playing since Jan. 5.

Crosby didn't talk following a practice with teammates Mark Letestu and Eric Tangradi that began at 8 AM ET, about five hours before the Penguins played the Florida Panthers. Before that game, goalie Marc-Andre Fleury was introduced to the sellout crowd as the Penguins' most valuable player for 2010-11 -- an award Crosby almost certainly would have won if he hadn't been injured.

"Sid's been around a lot for three weeks, four weeks, being a part of it," Bylsma said. "He's in every day, talking to our players. He has been with our team for a while now. Again, there's been no expectations talked about, there's been no timetable talked about, when it's possible for him to even return with the team."

Still, with Crosby doing so much more than he could do when he first stepped on the ice two weeks ago, it's becoming difficult for Penguins fans not to be enthusiastic about possibly seeing No. 87 again.

On Friday, the Penguins' website featured video in which Crosby exploded a water bottle atop the net on a backhander that No. 3 goalie Brad Thiessen couldn't handle.

Looks like the old Sid, too.

"I was pretty impressed by the video," Bylsma said.

However, Bylsma won't begin to estimate when Crosby will rejoin practice.

"That conversation has not been broached, and I don't have expectations for it right now," Bylsma said. "Obviously, I'm encouraged to watch him on the ice and watch him skate, go through the paces that he's going through. Those are encouraging signs to see him to be able to do that."

The Penguins have a scheduled off day from practice Monday before meeting Philadelphia at Consol Energy Center on Tuesday. After that, they have five regular-season games remaining before the playoffs begin; the Penguins officially clinched a berth when Carolina lost to Tampa Bay 4-2 Saturday.

LarryNJ
03-28-2011, 04:36 AM
I don't mind the shootouts besides the fact that they've all been for a 0-0 or 1-1 tie. Flower is playing great, I just wish they would generate more offense.

Especially since there are no shootouts after next week. It's great that they have as many points as they do playing without Sid, Geno & Jordan for so many games. It has really taught them how to play D, and Flower is well deserving of the MVP. We desperately need 87 back to get the offense kicked into gear.

steelersbabex25
03-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Especially since there are no shootouts after next week. It's great that they have as many points as they do playing without Sid, Geno & Jordan for so many games. It has really taught them how to play D, and Flower is well deserving of the MVP. We desperately need 87 back to get the offense kicked into gear.

Flower should be in the running for MVP if the league without a doubt. If you had a just a decent goalie with the way the offense has been playing, this team would be in shambles. You need someone exceptional. Luckily, MAF is exceptional.

Prosdo
03-28-2011, 10:35 PM
MAF received team MVP. I'm hoping the NHL considers him. He had a bad start, but has been pretty damn good ever since.

LarryNJ
03-28-2011, 11:14 PM
I'd be shocked if he got anywhere close to MVP. But maybe Disco Dan for coach of the year.

Scorp
03-29-2011, 12:00 AM
I'd be shocked if he got anywhere close to MVP. But maybe Disco Dan for coach of the year.

That is very conceiveable. :yellowthumb:

Rampage
03-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Well, biggest game left in the regular season tonight. Looks like Letestu will be back in the lineup as well.

Hopefully these guys can pull it off.

steelersbabex25
03-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Well, biggest game left in the regular season tonight. Looks like Letestu will be back in the lineup as well.

Hopefully these guys can pull it off.

I would like a win in regulation tonight. There's still a chance for the division title.

LarryNJ
03-29-2011, 02:50 PM
I would like a win in regulation tonight. There's still a chance for the division title.

A couple weeks ago I would never have guessed but yes it is very much in reach, along with 1st in the conference. A win in regulation and we are tied at 100 points with the Flyers having a game in hand. A win tonight would be a huge dagger to the Flyers. They had a huge lead in the division and the conference. In the past week they have lost to us, Caps, & the Bruins and may very well fall to 4th.

If Sid returns for the playoffs I like our chances whether we are the 1st seed or the 4th seed. :yellowthumb:

Rampage
03-29-2011, 03:47 PM
A couple weeks ago I would never have guessed but yes it is very much in reach, along with 1st in the conference. A win in regulation and we are tied at 100 points with the Flyers having a game in hand. A win tonight would be a huge dagger to the Flyers. They had a huge lead in the division and the conference. In the past week they have lost to us, Caps, & the Bruins and may very well fall to 4th.

If Sid returns for the playoffs I like our chances whether we are the 1st seed or the 4th seed. :yellowthumb:

Even without Crosby, I think the team will get through the first round. I think the trouble would come from a team like Washington/Boston/Montreal. That's where we would really need Sid.

steelersbabex25
03-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Feed?

Rampage
03-29-2011, 07:03 PM
None that I know of. Try Justin.tv maybe.

steelersbabex25
03-29-2011, 07:05 PM
None that I know of. Try Justin.tv maybe.

I got one. http://www.justin.tv/g2kpens#/w/1021738448

Password is sellout.

LatrobePA
03-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Wtf is happening?? 5-2 now, geeeeeeez!

LarryNJ
03-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Well that pretty much sucked. Looks like 4th seed and a 1st round date with Tampa.

steelersbabex25
03-29-2011, 10:59 PM
I'll be thinking about that division title in my dreams tonight.

LatrobePA
03-30-2011, 09:21 AM
I didn't get to watch the game, where was our D?? Or was Flower off??

steelersbabex25
03-30-2011, 09:40 AM
I didn't get to watch the game, where was our D?? Or was Flower off??

you can watch the highlights, basically we started off strong and then Flower scored 2 goals on himself and the refs called some bogus penalties and the Pens lost all momentum.

Rampage
03-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Didn't catch the game, thank God. I'm not even going to watch the lowlights.

LatrobePA
03-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Didn't catch the game, thank God. I'm not even going to watch the lowlights.

Same here, nuff said...Maybe all the MVP talk went to Flowers head!!

LarryNJ
03-30-2011, 03:27 PM
The first half of the game the Pens were flying. We aren't going to beat the Flyers or Caps in a series until we start scoring more than 1 or 2 goals a game.

Scorp
03-31-2011, 02:12 AM
What a spanking. Oh well, can't win them all.

Scorp
03-31-2011, 06:29 PM
www.espn.com

TAMPA, Fla. -- Pittsburgh Penguins center Sidney Crosby, sidelined for nearly three months with a concussion, resumed skating with his teammates Thursday.

Crosby has been out since Jan. 6. He took part in the no-contact game-day skate Thursday as Pittsburgh prepared for its night matchup against Tampa Bay.

"It was just fun, a lot of fun to be back out there even though I'm not playing," he said. "It's nice to be around the guys. I've spent a lot of time at home and guys have been on the road. It's nice to join them and get back out there."

The Penguins' captain is not ready yet to participate in full practices. A return to game action for the postseason has not been completely ruled out.

"It was good to see him out there," Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said. "There's actually no expectations on when the next step after this one would be. He'd still have to return to a full practice, and then return to contact. Those are two things that are down the road, and both of those there's no timetable for either one."

Crosby began individual workouts March 14 and has reported no setbacks.

"At this point when you haven't skated that much and you're out there it's important to separate between being fatigued and feeling symptoms of a concussion," he said. "It's more than just one day. That's why you have to do it a bit and see how you react."

Crosby had 32 goals and 66 points at the time of his injury. Despite playing just 41 games, he is still the team's leading scorer.

"You've got to make sure you're healthy," Crosby said. "If it takes two months, then it takes two months."

Crosby absorbed a blind-side hit to the head from then-Washington Capitals forward David Steckel during the Winter Classic outdoor game on Jan. 1, but initially felt only neck soreness.

He began feeling worse Jan. 5, but played that night against Tampa Bay and was checked into the boards by Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman.

"It probably didn't help, that's for sure," Crosby said of Hedman's hit.

Hedman, again, said he doesn't believe his hit caused Crosby's injury. The defenseman is happy to see Crosby making progress toward playing again.

Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay likely will meet in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.

"The motions, all the guys out there is something you take for granted a lot. That's something that you have to get readjusted to," Crosby said. "It puts a lot of pressure on your brain a bit when everyone is moving out there and you have to react to that. Just trying to see how that goes."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

LatrobePA
04-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Flop! I cannot believe how bad our PP is, WOWWOWOWOWOW!!!

steelersbabex25
04-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Just think, 3 days ago we had a shot at the division title. Sigh..

LatrobePA
04-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Just think, 3 days ago we had a shot at the division title. Sigh..

Doesn't make you feel real good headed into the PO's...At least we didn't get waxed like the Wings did the other night! lol

LarryNJ
04-01-2011, 01:06 PM
I didn't see the game because I was at the Flyers game which they lost 1-0. The door was wide open for us but we didn't take advantage of it.

LatrobePA
04-01-2011, 01:33 PM
I didn't see the game because I was at the Flyers game which they lost 1-0. The door was wide open for us but we didn't take advantage of it.

Sucks, but maybe we'll have to do it the hard way...

Scorp
04-01-2011, 03:13 PM
It would help if we do get the lightning in the first round and sweep them so we can have a huge advantage going in to the 2nd round, cause we won't have home ice after that.

Rampage
04-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Pens are (brown) streaking.

LatrobePA
04-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Pens are (brown) streaking.

Lost two major games in a row, I'd say you are right...

Rampage
04-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Live feed of the Penguins-Panthers game today on Yahoo! Sports. Scroll down to the Versus section.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl;_ylt=AgiDdBwFSKJQBT9qjlX4IoQ5nYcB

LatrobePA
04-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Live feed of the Penguins-Panthers game today on Yahoo! Sports. Scroll down to the Versus section.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl;_ylt=AgiDdBwFSKJQBT9qjlX4IoQ5nYcB

Thanks dude!

I predict Neal will finally find the back of the net (more than once tonight)!!

Rampage
04-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Thanks dude!

I predict Neal will finally find the back of the net (more than once tonight)!!

Hope so. It's like there's a force field around the net every time the man has the puck. :banging:

LatrobePA
04-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Hope so. It's like there's a force field around the net every time the man has the puck. :banging:

It's crazy, he's had so many deflected out of his favor he's bound to have that change..

Scorp
04-02-2011, 08:08 PM
A win would be nice.

steelersbabex25
04-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Didn't watch the game, how did they play?

LatrobePA
04-03-2011, 11:08 AM
BJ was money for the most part...

We finally put one in the net on the delayed PP one man up.

The D showed up to play, but our O is just lousy IMO...

KSSteelerfan
04-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Considering all of the decimating injuries that the Pens have had this year; the Pens are playing better than expected;considering most never even gave the Pens any kind of a chance with loss of players like Malkin and Crosby. Dan has really done a good job with the talent he has to play with. :imho:Go Pens!!!!

Rampage
04-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Holy cow! Regulation win, ladies and gentlemen.

Callax
04-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Hope in the playoffs Fleury plays out of his mind and carries Pitt until Crosby can play and continues thru the finals and ANOTHER Cup comes back !

steelersbabex25
04-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Wow. Believe it or not, we are actually still in the race for the division title. 2 points behind the Flyers.

Scorp
04-03-2011, 09:02 PM
We can still do it boys and girls. Can't wait for the next game. GO PENS!!!!!

LarryNJ
04-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Wow. Believe it or not, we are actually still in the race for the division title. 2 points behind the Flyers.

It's pretty amazing but it's also a shame we let the opportunity slip by. All we needed to do was beat the Flyers and the Lightning last week and we would be sitting pretty. The real season starts next week.

Scorp
04-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Today's game should be pretty exciting. Can't wait till 4:30

LatrobePA
04-04-2011, 11:08 AM

?????

Rampage
04-04-2011, 11:09 AM

New Jersey on Versus tomorrow dude. Don't get all antsy just because they went and won a game!

LatrobePA
04-04-2011, 11:37 AM
New Jersey on Versus tomorrow dude. Don't get all antsy just because they went and won a game!

Devils just eliminated from the PO's will be playing spoiler role big time!

Scorp
04-04-2011, 04:14 PM

My brain is split in 2. Got so much going on right now. Thanks for the correction. :yellowthumb:

steelersbabex25
04-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Assuming the Senators hold up, we're now one point behind the Flyers. It could still happen people!

LarryNJ
04-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Sweet win! Flyers and Lightning lose! :)

Scorp
04-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Nice. Way to go fellas. Great job.

LatrobePA
04-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Sweet win! Flyers and Lightning lose! :)

Yes indeed...Good game, Flower was $$$$$!!

Rampage
04-06-2011, 11:04 AM
I feel spoiled with these non-OT wins.

LarryNJ
04-06-2011, 11:53 AM
I feel spoiled with these non-OT wins.

The first tie breaker is who has less SO wins. We'd probably lose that to every team.