PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Coordinator

jnes1216
10-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Its the bye week, no better time to play the "what if" game.
Say BA gets fired, who would be the best candidate for a replacement?

Brian Billick?

Farrior Fan
10-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Me, I will run the ball on 3rd and 2. I will actually throw the ball to Heath. I know that passes do not have to be over 40 yards. I know that every run doesn't have to be straight up the gut (although BA is getting better on this one).

AND - IF WE REALLY NEED A FG AND WE ARE IN FG RANGE I WILL NOT PASS THE F'ING BALL so that China Doll gets creamed and we miss a 49 yard FG which results in us losing to our hated rival. Dammit, you got me started.

SteelCityKid5
10-06-2010, 11:26 PM
I like Billick, I really do but I dont think he would come back a coordinator.

SnakeEyes43
10-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Being that I'm a Notre Dame fan, I was hoping we would snag ol' Charlie Weis. He's not a great head coach, but he is a pretty good OC.

coldrolled
10-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Being that I'm a Notre Dame fan, I was hoping we would snag ol' Charlie Weis. He's not a great head coach, but he is a pretty good OC.

KC has him... they seem better this year already. with the 3-0 start KC will keep him.

SteelDad
10-07-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm actually more concerned about the direction we go in after DL retires. If we go to the 'Tampa 2' I'll scream as loud as a girl at a Jonas Brothers concert.... As for replacing BA, one guy I'd look for is Mark Whipple, the former QB coach who is now the OC at Miami,FL. He had a really good relationship with Ben and although the Canes don't set the world on fire, he has shown some creativeness and aggressiveness in the games I've watched.

Zachintosh66
10-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Its the bye week, no better time to play the "what if" game.
Say BA gets fired, who would be the best candidate for a replacement?

Brian Billick?

i just threw up a lil bit in my mouth

SnakeEyes43
10-07-2010, 12:44 PM
KC has him... they seem better this year already. with the 3-0 start KC will keep him.

Yeah I know he's with KC, I meant when he was released by ND and looking for a job this offseason, I was praying we would fire BA and pick up Weis.

Blazedby92
10-07-2010, 02:52 PM
NOT GOING ANYWHERE

SteelCityKid5
10-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Brian Billick is a good offensive coordinator. I dont know how you dont see that.

LatrobePA
10-07-2010, 04:05 PM
If Ben comes out and lights it up, BA will have an extension...It's the double edge sword!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-08-2010, 09:33 PM
If Ben comes out and lights it up, BA will have an extension...It's the double edge sword!

I dont even think Ben would have to light it up for BA to still be around. He's been here this long and for whatever reason Tomlin just loves him :evilshake:

coldrolled
10-09-2010, 08:46 AM
I dont even think Ben would have to light it up for BA to still be around. He's been here this long and for whatever reason Tomlin just loves him :evilshake:

if he really loved him, he would have an extension already... to show repect for his job performance.

hes on the block...

LarryNJ
10-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Brian Billick?

i just threw up a lil bit in my mouth

Me too!

Brian Billick is a good offensive coordinator. I dont know how you dont see that.

That's not the point...the point is his personality doesn't fit with the Steelers. I believe it's a non issue anyhow. His ego is waaaay to big not to be HC.