PDA

View Full Version : WR's Brown & Sanders?

playboy pryor
10-06-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm happy 2 know Big Ben is back!!!! Where is Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown in the offense. We like to use 3 & 4 set receiver formations, and these guys havent seen the field yet on offense. Does anybody know why? These guys right here have alot of speed.:tt02:

jnes1216
10-06-2010, 06:16 PM
I believe Sanders is hurt but very close to returning.
Brown has been seeing time on special teams, but inactive for last 1 or 2 games.
Seems like Sanders has a better grasp of the playbook so maybe we'll see him more after the bye.
ARE should be released in order to give one of these guys some more exposure imo. He did have a nice catch vs rat turds. But its like watching Pros vs Joes on his punt returns and end arounds.

LatrobePA
10-06-2010, 06:20 PM
ARE is a lock, Tomlin hates rookies unless they make him fall in love, i.e, Pouncey, Wallace.

Those guys must not of yet!

Troyisabeast_43
10-06-2010, 06:31 PM
ARE is a lock, Tomlin hates rookies unless they make him fall in love, i.e, Pouncey, Wallace.

Keeping El around and leaving him as the 3rd WR over both Sanders and Brown come mid-season once Ben gets more settled in with this offense is going to be a big mistake if Tomlin leaves it this way. The sad part about this is those 2 big 3rd down catches El made Sunday against the Ravens gave Tomlin even more of a reason of his own to play El over guys like Sanders and Brown in 3 and 4 wide receiver sets...

UKSTEELER
10-06-2010, 06:38 PM
We should get a better feel for these guys now that Ben is back!

Walace is probably still a year away from becoming tonio efficient.

Hines has a sixth sense with Ben, I expect him to show up big against the Stains.

I don't feel Randel El really scares anyone, Brown is being slllllooooowwwllleeeyyyy exposed, he stands a fair chance of seeing time in the 4 sets.

LatrobePA
10-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Keeping El around and leaving him as the 3rd WR over both Sanders and Brown come mid-season once Ben gets more settled in with this offense is going to be a big mistake if Tomlin leaves it this way. The sad part about this is those 2 big 3rd down catches El made Sunday against the Ravens gave Tomlin even more of a reason of his own to play El over guys like Sanders and Brown in 3 and 4 wide receiver sets...

Yeppers, but you're right!

JensK
10-06-2010, 06:51 PM

Youth is overrated anyways :banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Sanders has been hurt the last 3 weeks but according to his facebook posts he's feeling better and looking forward to the chance to get back on the field.

Brown is getting some playing time but right now his main role is as the return man. I've been thinking all along that these guys will begin working their way into the offense more by mid season and by later in the year one of them atleast will supplant ARE as the 3rd WR.

Real Deal Steel
10-07-2010, 12:30 AM
I want Sanders and Brown to rotate at the 3rd WR position. El can go return kicks for all I care.

Sanders and Brown has so much speed that they, along with Wallace can take our WR corps to places we've never seen.

K Train
10-07-2010, 12:43 AM
they are committed to less than mediocrity with el

DanRooney
10-07-2010, 03:33 AM

Don't be fooled. Tomlin only played Wallace and Pouncey because of injuries to Hartshit and Limas Peed.

jnes1216
10-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Don't be fooled. Tomlin only played Wallace and Pouncey because of injuries to Hartshit and Limas Peed.

I disagree, I think Tomlin thought Pouncey and Wallace were the better players and that's why they played. Especially the case with Sweed.

cmerrifield
10-07-2010, 02:34 PM
It could be that Tomlin wants them working on routes and getting basics done. Even Hines Ward said that the team asked Wallace to do too much last year and it wasnt good for him.

DanRooney
10-07-2010, 10:12 PM
I disagree, I think Tomlin thought Pouncey and Wallace were the better players and that's why they played. Especially the case with Sweed.

It took an injury to see that in both of them. Pouncey would have gotten no first team reps in the offseason.

Obviously Brown and Sanders are more talented than Randle El or Battle ever was, but one of them will continue not to dress because Tomlin's scared of his vets.

LatrobePA
10-08-2010, 09:46 AM
It took an injury to see that in both of them. Pouncey would have gotten no first team reps in the offseason.

Obviously Brown and Sanders are more talented than Randle El or Battle ever was, but one of them will continue not to dress because Tomlin's scared of his vets.

You nailed it but I wouldn't say scared more like more loyal to the vets..

harpo
10-08-2010, 10:35 AM
I think we'll see more of Antonio Brown once Ben is back. One thing about Ben and that is he will spread the ball around. If Brown is in the game and is open, Ben will find him.

jnes1216
10-08-2010, 11:34 AM

I still disagree in these two instances. Wallace started over Sweed last year. Obviously Sweed hurt his Achilles this year. Unless Sweed had an injury last year that I don't remember.

I think Pouncey would have gotten some first team reps even if Hartwig didn't get hurt. Maybe it would only be the couple of times Tomlin gives the older veterans a day off. Pouncey's play in the pre-season would then have warranted more looks with the first team as pre-season progressed. But as for first team looks in the offseason (which I consider OTAs and training camp), I agree, Tomlin is not going to come in right off the bat and insert a rookie over a starter from the previous year(s).

As for Brown and Sanders, I think the only thing holding them back is a better grasp of the playbook before they really push for the starting spot over the veterans. I think Sanders will slowly move his way into the lineup as the season goes on and replaces Battle.

But for the most part I agree, Tomlin's going to play it safe with the veterans until the rookies prove themselves ready for the mental aspects of the game. Which is sometimes maddening because he seems to give the vets a longer leash in the discipline department. Like Ike Taylor fighting one game and having to be pulled away by teammates in another comes to mind.

LatrobePA
10-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Playbook? With BA's offense just run 40+ yards then turn and look for the ball! Doesn't matter is it's 3rd and 3!