PDA

View Full Version : Seven questions about Ben Roethlisberger

ejsteeler
10-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Seven questions about Ben Roethlisberger

After a one-month hiatus, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger returned to work this week. Roethlisberger, who was suspended four games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, will make his 2010 debut Oct. 17 against the Cleveland Browns.

But plenty of issues remain for the two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback. In anticipation of Roethlisberger's return, here are seven questions and answers before he takes the field:

1. How long will it take Roethlisberger to get in sync with the offense?

Analysis: Not long. This offense was built for and around Roethlisberger by offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. Roethlisberger simply has to step back into the driver's seat and run the machine. The Steelers have several factors going for them. They were wise to give Roethlisberger plenty of first-team reps in training camp and work with the starters in the preseason. Roethlisberger also will benefit from the bye week, which gives the Steelers two weeks to shake the rust and work on timing. Roethlisberger has been working out at a Pittsburgh-area high school and says he's thrown more footballs per day than he would in practice. Early reports have been good in practice. If Roethlisberger had his choice, he wouldn't have to wait until Oct. 17.

"I want to play this week. That's the hard part; I want to be out there right away," Roethlisberger said at his news conference this week. "But it's a good thing to have two weeks of practice. But my arm is ready. I'm not worried about my arm."

Rest of story (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth)

I like the questions and the answers as well. I can't disagree with anything he said and am getting more pumped by the minute for the 17th. Hopefully, I don't explode by then. :yellowthumb:

SnakeEyes43
10-06-2010, 03:49 PM
I literally read this article 2 minutes ago. Very good read and yes I agree with most of what he says. The biggest factor is gonna be keeping this team healthy, especially on defense.

Scorp
10-06-2010, 05:14 PM
I literally read this article 2 minutes ago. Very good read and yes I agree with most of what he says. The biggest factor is gonna be keeping this team healthy, especially on defense.

Exactly. So far things are looking good.

Steelers_All_Day_43
10-06-2010, 07:20 PM
I agree with the article %100

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Health is the key all the way for this team. Ben will get back into game mode quickly but the absolute main thing is stay healthy. We've lost key players every year for the last few years and we've paid for it big time. I like our depth this year, but overall stay healthy the sky is the limit for the Black n Gold.

North Steel
10-06-2010, 10:35 PM
As long as Troy and Ben stay healthy we're good to go.:crossfingers: