PDA

View Full Version : Who benefits the most from Ben???

SteelerEyeZ
10-06-2010, 02:28 AM
Question goes out to everyone...who do you think benefits the most from Big Ben being back with the Steelers?

This is how I see it: My top 5

#1 WR: It was no secret that why Ben was out that our WR's would lack in putting up points. I think they are the number 1 in benefitting from Ben being back. Ward, Wallace, ARE, and the rookies (even though they don't know it yet). I expect to start seeing some big numbers coming from them.

#2 RB: The first four weeks people wanted to just stop the Steelers Run game, well guess what, you basically couldn't. Now that Ben is back (GOD I WISH BA WAS FIRED) the play calling is going to open up the run game. Teams will now have to plan on covering Wallace (even though sometimes Ben cant reach him {B/C he is so freaking fast}] This means less 8 in the box which = Mendy 100 plus yards a game. I mean come on he played great when all we could do is run. The pass opens the run up.

#3 THE DEFENSE Part A: Our D has to be tired from carrying the Steelers through these first four weeks. You can not expect them to shut every team out. The NFL Offensively has grown to a fast high flying league where no matter who you are (even look at the Bills) you will score points. They did a GREAT job taking us to 3-1 and now they will still have to play amazing but Offensively we will be putting up points on the board.

#4 TE: ( I CAN ONLY HOPE!!!!) One thing that puzzles me is why Heath Miller is not used more, he has great hands and runs a great line. (its probably because BA forgets that TE's are allowed to catch the ball) I think Ben will take a little time getting into the swing of things and we see the TE position as a safety blanket. This will be huge for the Steelers if they can work in there TE more especially down in the red zone.

#5 THE DEFENSE Part B: (Hear me out first) The Steelers D is AMAZING. BUTTTT who have they been practicing against. Batch? Dixon? Lefty????? Come on.... You are what you practice. If you practice against a top notch QB then you will play top notch D. At the start of the year my worry was in the secondary (sorry to say it still scares me against a High Powered Passing Team) But the secondary will improve now because they will be working against Ben in practice.

These are just a few thoughts I have and would love to hear what other people think.

GO STEELERS:tt02::tt02:

scott0326
10-06-2010, 05:04 AM
I think whole team benefits from having Ben back.. but I think the guys who will benefit the most are Mike Wallace and Heath Miller.

JensK
10-06-2010, 05:31 AM
I don't really think Miller, as the QB is not his problem. His problem is that we don't use our TEs to catch all that much.

DanRooney
10-06-2010, 05:37 AM
-Hines' production will go way up when Ben returns. He's simply not quick enough to get open unless he has a QB back there that will buy him time to do so.

-Heath will probably be asked to block less as teams won't be stacking 9 men in the box. This will help Mendenhall too.

-Wallace is a given having QB with an arm that will be able to deliver the deep ball. He'll probably be utilized more in the intermediate routes as well ala Holmes.

-It won't help the D at all seeing as how they feel like they deserve to have a break after offensive points are scored. I expect them to fall asleep and allow other teams to march right down the field after every TD.

coldrolled
10-06-2010, 07:07 AM
Arians Play Calling... #1

steelersbabex25
10-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Question goes out to everyone...who do you think benefits the most from Big Ben being back with the Steelers?

This is how I see it: My top 5

#1 WR: It was no secret that why Ben was out that our WR's would lack in putting up points. I think they are the number 1 in benefitting from Ben being back. Ward, Wallace, ARE, and the rookies (even though they don't know it yet). I expect to start seeing some big numbers coming from them.

#2 RB: The first four weeks people wanted to just stop the Steelers Run game, well guess what, you basically couldn't. Now that Ben is back (GOD I WISH BA WAS FIRED) the play calling is going to open up the run game. Teams will now have to plan on covering Wallace (even though sometimes Ben cant reach him {B/C he is so freaking fast}] This means less 8 in the box which = Mendy 100 plus yards a game. I mean come on he played great when all we could do is run. The pass opens the run up.

#3 THE DEFENSE Part A: Our D has to be tired from carrying the Steelers through these first four weeks. You can not expect them to shut every team out. The NFL Offensively has grown to a fast high flying league where no matter who you are (even look at the Bills) you will score points. They did a GREAT job taking us to 3-1 and now they will still have to play amazing but Offensively we will be putting up points on the board.

#4 TE: ( I CAN ONLY HOPE!!!!) One thing that puzzles me is why Heath Miller is not used more, he has great hands and runs a great line. (its probably because BA forgets that TE's are allowed to catch the ball) I think Ben will take a little time getting into the swing of things and we see the TE position as a safety blanket. This will be huge for the Steelers if they can work in there TE more especially down in the red zone.

#5 THE DEFENSE Part B: (Hear me out first) The Steelers D is AMAZING. BUTTTT who have they been practicing against. Batch? Dixon? Lefty????? Come on.... You are what you practice. If you practice against a top notch QB then you will play top notch D. At the start of the year my worry was in the secondary (sorry to say it still scares me against a High Powered Passing Team) But the secondary will improve now because they will be working against Ben in practice.

These are just a few thoughts I have and would love to hear what other people think.

GO STEELERS:tt02::tt02:

So...everyone.

jpele
10-06-2010, 08:27 AM
My wife. She won't have to put up with me cussing and carrying on during the game. Well not as much anyway.

Lunchbucket
10-06-2010, 09:53 AM
My wife. She won't have to put up with me cussing and carrying on during the game. Well not as much anyway.

:plus1:Yea you got that right,my wife hopes things will be a little calmer around here LOL

ejsteeler
10-06-2010, 10:25 AM

:hilarious:

I think that can apply to most of us. :lol:

BA benefits the most. Ben makes him look good.

75Steeler
10-06-2010, 11:45 AM
I would have to say Charlie Batch......It was just a matter of time before he got hurt. Thanks for keeping things together Charlie! Go Ben!:cope:

SteelDad
10-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Hines. Period. End of report.

SteelCityKid5
10-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Arian's job

cmerrifield
10-06-2010, 12:58 PM
I think Heath and Hines, they both seem to be able to bail out Ben when he starts running around back there.

Real Deal Steel
10-07-2010, 12:32 AM
I think Mendenhall benefits. No extra safties by the line of scrimmage will automatically increase Mendy's effectiveness.

Farrior Fan
10-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I think Mendenhall benefits. No extra safties by the line of scrimmage will automatically increase Mendy's effectiveness.

I agree - Mendy is gonna run wild

Now my fantasy team is complete!
QB - Ben
WR - Wallace
RB - Mendy
D - Steelers

The pain train is about to run wild on my opponents!!!!!http://dimanage.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/terry-again.jpg

Real Deal Steel
10-07-2010, 11:44 PM
I"m in too fantasy leagues.

I"ve got Big Ben in one and the Steelers D in the other.

I tried to trade for Wallace but in both leagues, they won't budge. LOL

Farrior Fan
10-08-2010, 10:22 AM
thats because in a couple of weeks he will be a 100 yd 1-2 TD WR every week! <-- I HOPE!

SteelCurtain17
10-08-2010, 04:12 PM
I think that Ben helps the the team as a whole when hes around but....If i had to choose who he impacts the most it would probably be the WRs because the passing game has been aslmost non existent with Dixon and Batch so far this season so I think having ben back will give the offense more balance and therfore will have more success.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Overall Ben does indeed make this whole team better. Much like Troy makes the whole defense better. Both guys are such impact players. As far as Ben though, he is the leader, he does things that no other QB in the league can do. He flourished behind a tin foil offensive line the last few years and this year, so far, the line is much improved. The sky is the limit and he will make everyone better. You're never out of it when Ben is on the field.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-10-2010, 10:48 AM
I think its both the O-line (Ben is bigger, faster, stronger, and way more mobile) and the entire Steeler Nation. Hopefully his return puts an end to the events of the past and we all get to move on from here. :tt02: