PDA

View Full Version : Moss back to Vikings??????

Farrior Fan
10-05-2010, 11:22 PM
I find it hard to believe but there are quite a few credible sources saying that if the Vikes and Moss can work out a deal then it is done. Can't wait to see the details if it does materialize.

Prosdo
10-05-2010, 11:33 PM
If I were Moss I wouldn't be very thrilled about going back.

Farrior Fan
10-05-2010, 11:43 PM
apparently he had an argument with Belichick today and had already requested a trade after week 1. Not sure if Minn is his 1st choice but they are in desperate need of a good WR

Big T
10-06-2010, 01:09 AM
I hope so. I'd love to not have to worry about Randy Moss when we play them this season...

steelers4life66
10-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Adam Schefter is all over twitter with this news. Says deal might go down tomorrow. :crossfingers:

Dean Denton
10-06-2010, 03:20 AM
yeah, send him to the NFC. Brett could use the help, and Moss already said that the Pats didn't want him. FU Brady...

scott0326
10-06-2010, 05:07 AM
This is very odd... I don't get why Pats are doing this.. They are contending and they are going to trade away one of the best WR's in the NFL right now? I don't get it.

Zachintosh66
10-06-2010, 05:32 AM
two words... CAN - CER

always has been

Ibleedblk&gld
10-06-2010, 10:07 AM
done deal

Adam_Schefter
Adam Schefter Following
Trade is done: Randy Moss to Minnesota for a third-round pick. Details on ESPN's Sportscenter at 9 a.m. 21 minutes ago

ejsteeler
10-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Favre is loving it!

Farrior Fan
10-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Should make our game against NE a little easier.

SteelCityKid5
10-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Last time I checked, cancer was one word but oh well...

One word, two syllables... BULLSHIT

He was only a cancer in Oakland and who can blame him?

TampaSteelGirl
10-06-2010, 12:16 PM
I'll bet Brady is or will cry himself to sleep tonight!! Farve is having a party and CHildress is the guest of honor to thank him for getting that tall reciever!! :rofl:

PsychoWard
10-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Farve and Moss have been wanting to play together for a long time!!! This is a huge move for MINN!!!

Big T
10-06-2010, 12:33 PM
As much as I hate Bill Belichick, the dude knows how to get draft picks ad draft well. He gets rid of Randy Moss for a 3rd rounder. Ok, now they don't have a deep threat...but people don't realize that they traded Richard Seymour to the Raiders in '09 for a 2011 1st round pick. Not only do they have 2 first round picks but 1 of them will be an early pick and this is the perfect year to be picking low in the first round if you are in need of a deep threat at WR. There's AJ Green, Michael Floyd, Julio Jones, and Jonathan Baldwin...All of them are HUGE (all between 6'3-6'6) deep threats. Though AJ Green is sure to be gone before the Pats first pick, I could see them landing one of the other three or potentially trading up for one of them with all the firepower they'll have in the draft.

Scary to think about...

lloydfan4life
10-06-2010, 12:53 PM
I wonder if this will give Brett a reason to un-retire again next year? :stirpot:

:danceshout: I hope so! I heart Farve! :woot:

Blazedby92
10-06-2010, 01:32 PM
He was a can-cer every team he went to just was a matter of time in NE.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2010, 01:46 PM
I got the tweet about this alittle while ago...considering the offensive woes for Minnesota this year, it's a great move for them. I'm sure Favre is chomping at the bit to get a chance to add Moss to his offensive arsenal.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-06-2010, 03:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-patriots-vikingstrade It's a done deal...

LatrobePA
10-06-2010, 05:03 PM
He'll be the first player in history to play in back to back Monday night games for two diffrent teams...F the PATS!!

Troyisabeast_43
10-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Should make our game against NE a little easier.

It definitely will not having to contend with Moss in the secondary will be a big big advantage for an already dominating Steelers defense...

Steel Trap86
10-06-2010, 08:48 PM
I bet Brady is gonna be choking on his tears tonight, they just traded the best receiver he has ever thrown to and probably ever will, and basically just pulled the plug on there season.

now that slouch is gonna embarass revis twice with 2 different teams.

LatrobePA
10-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Pats will be better w/ out him, mark my words. He only had 9 catches this season so far and they are 3-1...

Steel Trap86
10-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Pats will be better w/ out him, mark my words. He only had 9 catches this season so far and they are 3-1...

lol what the hell are you smoking, moss was brady's best reciever and only real deep threat. just because they pulled some special teams out of there *** without a contribution from moss one night, doesn't mean they're going to be a better team without him.

consider your words marked though

LatrobePA
10-06-2010, 10:50 PM
lol what the hell are you smoking, moss was brady's best reciever and only real deep threat. just because they pulled some special teams out of there *** without a contribution from moss one night, doesn't mean they're going to be a better team without him.

consider your words marked though

Smoking the good stuff, but quit wishful thinking man...They went 11-5 w/ out Brady. Check back later in the season....

Now I f'n hate the pats but I'm just saying. They all thought we'd be 0-4 or at best 2-2 w/ out Ben, how'd that work out? :tt02:

Farrior Fan
10-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Just to mix it up, what the hell is up with Tommys gay *** hair? I started this topic so I'm gonna redirect it now lol

LatrobePA
10-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Just to mix it up, what the hell is up with Tommys gay *** hair? I started this topic so I'm gonna redirect it now lol

Handles for his coach!:yellowthumb:

Steel Trap86
10-07-2010, 01:20 AM
quit wishful thinking man...They went 11-5 w/ out Brady. Check back later in the season....

so what are you saying, that the patriots are better without Moss because they went 11-5 without BRADY one year? so I guess they're better off without Brady too then?....:duh: The main reason why Welker gets so open is because theres always a safety and a corner on Moss. They have no running game and no deep threat in the same division as the Jets. How does trading Moss, a hall of fame receiver, make them a better team? loll start making some sense

Now I f'n hate the pats but I'm just saying. They all thought we'd be 0-4 or at best 2-2 w/ out Ben, how'd that work out? :tt02:

:wtf: for some unknown reason you keep thinking we're 3-1 because of our offense, it's DEFENSE!!, 11 sacks, 6 picks, 6 fumble recoveries, lights out defense is why we're 3-1. not Dixon not Batch.

Smoking the good stuff

:willybs:

JensK
10-07-2010, 04:42 AM

I respectfully disagree. Sure, Moss have not had a bunch of catches, but those he have made have been nothing less but sick really, and he is constantly being double-covered. He opens up so much space for the other WRs. The thing is, Moss and Welker created an nearly impossible missmatch, as Moss demanded two players to cover him deep, which opened up the short slant routes etc. for Welker.

LatrobePA
10-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I respectfully disagree. Sure, Moss have not had a bunch of catches, but those he have made have been nothing less but sick really, and he is constantly being double-covered. He opens up so much space for the other WRs. The thing is, Moss and Welker created an nearly impossible missmatch, as Moss demanded two players to cover him deep, which opened up the short slant routes etc. for Welker.

NP man, I just don't see them having an off year because they traded Moss...But we'll see.

--- Added 10/7/2010 at 08:20 AM ---

so what are you saying, that the patriots are better without Moss because they went 11-5 without BRADY one year? so I guess they're better off without Brady too then?....:duh: The main reason why Welker gets so open is because theres always a safety and a corner on Moss. They have no running game and no deep threat in the same division as the Jets. How does trading Moss, a hall of fame receiver, make them a better team? loll start making some sense

:wtf: for some unknown reason you keep thinking we're 3-1 because of our offense, it's DEFENSE!!, 11 sacks, 6 picks, 6 fumble recoveries, lights out defense is why we're 3-1. not Dixon not Batch.

:willybs:

I never said why we were 3-1...:nono: You brought that up.

It's OK to disagree brother man!

Let's see how their season pans out...

TampaSteelGirl
10-07-2010, 11:48 AM
I bet Brady is gonna be choking on his tears tonight, they just traded the best receiver he has ever thrown to and probably ever will, and basically just pulled the plug on there season.

now that slouch is gonna embarass revis twice with 2 different teams.

I thought yesterday Brady would be upset about this trade but i'm so sure. Do you honestly think Bellicheat would do anything without Brady's approval?? I think this has been in the works for awhile and Brady is sick of his attitude, why keep someone who doesn't want to be there and will only give you 50%, only giving Brady 50%, friend or not it's not acceptable to Brady..business is business. While they dont' have much of a running game Welker, Woodhead and Tate will be ok for them. Brady's accurate and I really don't see how losing a bad seed will hurt their season much to the shagrin of the NFL Network commentators. Do you honestly think Bellicheat is that stupid? He waited till their bye week to drop him and now he's got 2 wks to work Brady with Welker, Woodhead and Tate IMO a pretty good combination. They wont' be as bad as everyone seems to think but again this is just my opinion.

LatrobePA
10-07-2010, 12:02 PM
I thought yesterday Brady would be upset about this trade but i'm so sure. Do you honestly think Bellicheat would do anything without Brady's approval?? I think this has been in the works for awhile and Brady is sick of his attitude, why keep someone who doesn't want to be there and will only give you 50%, only giving Brady 50%, friend or not it's not acceptable to Brady..business is business. While they dont' have much of a running game Welker, Woodhead and Tate will be ok for them. Brady's accurate and I really don't see how losing a bad seed will hurt their season much to the shagrin of the NFL Network commentators. Do you honestly think Bellicheat is that stupid? He waited till their bye week to drop him and now he's got 2 wks to work Brady with Welker, Woodhead and Tate IMO a pretty good combination. They wont' be as bad as everyone seems to think but again this is just my opinion.

:clap:

They also have a couple very talented TE's...Did they have a Randy Moss when they won 3 rings? Nope, they did it with average Joe's...

It is wishful thinking to expect less than a winning season for them...:nahnah:

Steel Trap86
10-07-2010, 04:37 PM
:clap:

They also have a couple very talented TE's...Did they have a Randy Moss when they won 3 rings? Nope, they did it with average Joe's...

It is wishful thinking to expect less than a winning season for them...:nahnah:

So a couple good TE's makes them better off without Moss? :lol: they look good to you because there's Moss in double and triple coverage while Welker is running free up the middle. Tate, Edelman, Hernandez...they can't do what he does.. But hey I hope you're right and they beat the Ravens next sunday, but without a real deep threat for Brady and no running game, I don't see that team, doing any damage in the playoffs.

I never said they were going to be bad, I'm saying dropping Randy Moss 4 weeks into the season for a draft pick doesn't make your team better, but one thing Bellicheat knows how to do as good as anybody is draft, he's looking ahead to next year. So to answer your question, no I don't think he's that stupid.

LatrobePA
10-07-2010, 04:43 PM
They certainly are less scary than they were a week ago...

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 04:15 PM
So a couple good TE's makes them better off without Moss? :lol: they look good to you because there's Moss in double and triple coverage while Welker is running free up the middle. Tate, Edelman, Hernandez...they can't do what he does.. But hey I hope you're right and they beat the Ravens next sunday, but without a real deep threat for Brady and no running game, I don't see that team, doing any damage in the playoffs.

I never said they were going to be bad, I'm saying dropping Randy Moss 4 weeks into the season for a draft pick doesn't make your team better, but one thing Bellicheat knows how to do as good as anybody is draft, he's looking ahead to next year. So to answer your question, no I don't think he's that stupid.

How about Randy Moss now??? Looks like the Pats are just fine, hell the Vikes just cut him....I guess someone knew what they were doing!!

Steel Trap86
11-01-2010, 05:04 PM
How about Randy Moss now??? Looks like the Pats are just fine, hell the Vikes just cut him....I guess someone knew what they were doing!!

How did I know you would resurrect this thread

Don't be surprised if this was orchestrated and he resigns with the Pats for nothing + the 3rd rounder!

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 05:09 PM
How did I know you would resurrect this thread.

Don't be surprised if this was all orchestrated and he resigns with the Pats and they still collect the 3rd rounder

LOL, cause I told you I would, now I'll drop it! Take care bud...:cope:

Steel Trap86
11-01-2010, 05:14 PM
lol Here's a fun fact. Lynn Swann went into the hall of fame with a total of 50 TD passes, Randy Moss had 52 TD passes from Brady in New England alone!

LatrobePA
11-01-2010, 05:31 PM
lol Here's a fun fact. Lynn Swann went into the hall of fame with a total of 50 TD passes, Randy Moss had 52 TD passes from Brady in New England alone!

He and Brady were men on a mission that year, we may never see another performance like that again...