PDA

View Full Version : Assuming the Steelers beat the Browns...

Troyisabeast_43
10-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Which they had better do I dont care whether the Browns beat the Bengals yesterday or not but assuming the Steelers win that game and improve to 4-1 what does everybody now think about that 3 game roadtrip to Miami,New Orleans and Cincinnati the next 3 games? I really believe the Steelers have an excellent chance to go 2-1 in that stretch of games. The Dolphins while they are tough at home just do not scare me that much on offense, the Saints while they are winning games just do not look like the same team from last season and have been struggling at home to score a lot of points and still will not have Reggie Bush back in time for that game, and the Bengals and especially Carson Palmer just do not look very good at all right now against anybody. If Ben is able to return to form and the Steelers defense can get back to playing the way we all know they are capable of I see no reason what so ever the Steelers will not be 6-2 at the halfway point of the season. I believe the Steelers will build off this loss yesterday to the Ravens especially with a week off to think about it and will come back after the bye with a huge purpose and stick it to the Browns big time here at Heinz Field...

K Train
10-04-2010, 03:54 PM
yeah i mean 6-2 sdounds good, 7-1 isnt out of the question...but who the hell knows with this team, they go on losing streaks all the time. i cant believe they lost to the browns last year, just inexcusable so im not going to assume anything about them

SnakeEyes43
10-04-2010, 04:40 PM
I don't know...I'm not overly confident in how this team may respond to this tough loss. Also I'm kind of worried they may over look the Stains, who are giving good teams tough games.

BUT, I don't really see Ben losing his first game back, especially against an Ohio team. And don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if we crush the Stains, just last year kind of has me worried I guess.

cmerrifield
10-04-2010, 04:41 PM
They are not going to overlook the Stains, they want revenge for last year

SnakeEyes43
10-04-2010, 04:42 PM
They are not going to overlook the Stains, they want revenge for last year

I was thinking that too, hopefully...

Steel Trap86
10-04-2010, 04:44 PM
They won't overlook the Browns, especially Ben. They had 8 sacks on him last time and we lost

K Train
10-04-2010, 04:49 PM
is rogers playing yet?

sorry but no browns defenders are blowing through pouncey, especiallu with the power of legs and kemo to his left and right. most of the browns pressure came right up the middle steam rolling hartwig last time

75Steeler
10-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Forget about last season. We aren't even close to that same team. We look more like the 2008 Steelers that won SB43 than we do the banged up team that played last year and still held it together enough to win when it counted.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-04-2010, 06:43 PM
The Steelers will beat the Browns....The Browns got their fluke win out of the way last year......What was it 15 straight times the Steelers had beaten the Browns until that loss.......

But I was thinking of the Steelers schedule today at work during my lunch.........Mainly the three road games after the Browns game.......I think the Steelers win in Miami......I just think the Steelers match up well with the Dolphins........But covering Brandon Marshall could be a pain in the ***........But still I think the Steelers will win that game.....

Playing in New Orleans will be tough and the Saints do have the players on offense to spread the Steelers defense out which has given the Steelers defense fits throughout the years.........The game could go either way really but I do think the Steelers will run the ball down the Saints throats.....Just limit the turn overs and the Steelers should be fine.....

Playing Cincy will be tough as well and Mike Zimmer had a great scheme against the Steelers in the second Bengals/Steelers game last year.......The first game the Steelers were kicking the crap out of the Bengals and Sweed dropped that TD which gave the Bengals momentum..........

But the Steelers must go at least 2-1 in that stretch.......Really losing in New Orleans would hurt the least.........

Then looking at the remaining games on the Steelers schedule.....The Steelers must beat the Browns again, Bills, and Panthers....Beat the team you're supposed to beat unlike last year.....lol

The game in Baltimore is a must win as of right now......Of course winning the Bengals in Pittsburgh should be a win but then again the Bengals have won their share at Heinz Field over the years.........A split with Pats and Jets which both are in Pittsburgh would be likely....Winning both would be great..........

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Rogers fat *** is back...

Hillis is a white boy on a mission, but his running style will land him a concussion or worse, he won't last long....He's a bulldozer though!

Troyisabeast_43
10-04-2010, 07:30 PM
The Steelers will beat the Browns....The Browns got their fluke win out of the way last year......What was it 15 straight times the Steelers had beaten the Browns until that loss.......

But I was thinking of the Steelers schedule today at work during my lunch.........Mainly the three road games after the Browns game.......I think the Steelers win in Miami......I just think the Steelers match up well with the Dolphins........But covering Brandon Marshall could be a pain in the ***........But still I think the Steelers will win that game.....

Playing in New Orleans will be tough and the Saints do have the players on offense to spread the Steelers defense out which has given the Steelers defense fits throughout the years.........The game could go either way really but I do think the Steelers will run the ball down the Saints throats.....Just limit the turn overs and the Steelers should be fine.....

Playing Cincy will be tough as well and Mike Zimmer had a great scheme against the Steelers in the second Bengals/Steelers game last year.......The first game the Steelers were kicking the crap out of the Bengals and Sweed dropped that TD which gave the Bengals momentum..........

But the Steelers must go at least 2-1 in that stretch.......Really losing in New Orleans would hurt the least.........

Then looking at the remaining games on the Steelers schedule.....The Steelers must beat the Browns again, Bills, and Panthers....Beat the team you're supposed to beat unlike last year.....lol

The game in Baltimore is a must win as of right now......Of course winning the Bengals in Pittsburgh should be a win but then again the Bengals have won their share at Heinz Field over the years.........A split with Pats and Jets which both are in Pittsburgh would be likely....Winning both would be great..........

Im with you 32 if the Steelers can beat the Browns which we both think they will do and get through that 3 game roadtrip at 2-1 which would put their record at 6-2 at the halfway point of the season then they will be in excellent shape still come mid-November to still catch the Ravens and win the AFC North. Youre right on about the one game that they can afford to lose in that stretch is in New Orleans because it is a non-conference game and it wont count against any tiebrakers when it comes down to the division or within the AFC. If they beat the Browns,Dolphins,and Bengals it will push their division record to 2-1 and their conference record in the AFC to 4-1 and it should keep them tied with the Ravens all the way up until that rematch on December 5th.

The Steelers schedule before they play the Ravens the first week of December and after the 3 game roadtrip gets much easier. They play the Patriots at home which will be tough but the game is here on primetime where the Steelers always play well, and then the next 2 games they play the Raiders at home and then play at Buffalo which are two games the Steelers should win and damn well had better win. I could see the Steelers losing 2 games until now and December 5th but as long as they beat both the Browns and Bengals and get that division record to 2-1 and the Ravens lose 2 more games along the way between now and December 5th which looking at their schedule I believe they will the Steelers with a win over the Ravens will then be able to take the tiebraker back because the Ravens play their final 3 division games in December just like the Steelers do so the records within the division should be identical going into the rematch in December as long as the Steelers beat both the Browns and Bengals.

The Ravens play the Broncos,at New England,Buffalo,Miami,at Atlanta,at Carolina,and home to Tampa before they play the Steelers. I see the Ravens losing 2 games in that stretch which would put them at 8-3 which is what I believe the Steelers can be and will be going into the rematch on Sunday night December 5th in Baltimore.

Scorp
10-05-2010, 01:11 AM
yeah i mean 6-2 sdounds good, 7-1 isnt out of the question...but who the hell knows with this team, they go on losing streaks all the time. i cant believe they lost to the browns last year, just inexcusable so im not going to assume anything about them

Last year is not this year and this year is not last year. They won't lose buddy. They will learn from the ratbirds loss and get it together. :yellowthumb:

Root4Stlrs
10-05-2010, 01:14 AM
Rogers . . . is back...

Is he packing heat?:lol:

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-05-2010, 02:31 AM
we should not have lost to the ratbags. we didn't need nor did we have a qb. we lost it on fukdup playing. no excuse. now it leads one to ask, which team is going to show up for the stains? here we go again. imo.

SteelDad
10-05-2010, 12:16 PM
While I don't believe the Browns will beat us, they should have our attention at the very least. They have been in every game this season and could easily be 3-1. With that said, a loss to them would be devasting, but I don't see it happening. As for that 3-game stretch, I definitely like us coming out of it 2-1 or 3-0. 3 roadies in a row is tough regardless of where you have to travel. My only concern with the fish is Marshall. I think we can bottle up their run and make Henne beat us which I don't see b/c he makes a lot of poor throws. (i.e. last night) We always play well at Heinz Field West and the Bungles look completely out of sorts right now. The Saints will be the biggest challenge b/c of the speed, but without Bush, it greatly limits their schemes. I really think this could be a 3-0 road trip as I sit here on 10/5. Hard to factor in injuries and such.

LatrobePA
10-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Henne may not even be the starter when we get to play them....They just fired their ST's coach and that's the start of heads rolling down there..

coldrolled
10-05-2010, 01:20 PM
While I don't believe the Browns will beat us, they should have our attention at the very least. They have been in every game this season and could easily be 3-1. With that said, a loss to them would be devasting, but I don't see it happening. As for that 3-game stretch, I definitely like us coming out of it 2-1 or 3-0. 3 roadies in a row is tough regardless of where you have to travel. My only concern with the fish is Marshall. I think we can bottle up their run and make Henne beat us which I don't see b/c he makes a lot of poor throws. (i.e. last night) We always play well at Heinz Field West and the Bungles look completely out of sorts right now. The Saints will be the biggest challenge b/c of the speed, but without Bush, it greatly limits their schemes. I really think this could be a 3-0 road trip as I sit here on 10/5. Hard to factor in injuries and such.

thats the beauty of it, we are healthy. saints just lost 2 DB's this week, plus no reggie.

if we stay healthy we will be a powerhouse with ben back..

cinci plays a tough game this week... they will implode soon...

LatrobePA
10-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Read today Ben is in mid season form making most of his throws. He thinks Wallace has gotten faster but hit him deep...All sounds good and agree with ya, Ben and the whole team will be fresh!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-05-2010, 02:09 PM
The Steelers know after how bad things went last year, regardless of who was missing due to injuries and what not, that you don't ever take any divisional opponent lightly. You come in and rip their hearts out right from the onset. Teams like Cleveland that think they could be good, because they get a win now and then, gain a lot of confidence when you let them hang around. Case in point last year. So it's imperative that we come out firing on all cylinders and put this game away asap. This is Ben's time to shine and the teams chance to see what they got with all the key elements in place.

Our front 5 on offense and front 7 on defense is worlds better than last years unit already so I have full confidence that we'll be able to keep Ben upright on offense and get to the QB on defense.

LatrobePA
10-05-2010, 03:12 PM
From NFL.com

Roethlisberger's return is equally as important, but the Steelers look like a team that can compete with just about anybody on any given day with that defense. While Roethlisberger will help ease some of the pressure on the defense, the Steelers have to make sure not to view Big Ben as a security blanket.

roosterray
10-05-2010, 07:20 PM
I'll take 2-1 as long as that 1 isn't against the Bengirls. We can't lose another division game.

scott0326
10-06-2010, 04:03 AM
I'm not looking anyway further then the Browns game, win this game first, then worry about the road trip. However I do agree that 2-1 during the road trip is a real good possibility.