PDA

View Full Version : Evander Hood

K Train
10-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Is really really terrible.

Anyone see when keisel went out with an injury and the training camp phenom himself came in for some minor spot duty and managed to do nothing besides get blown off the ball?

Its just laughable that after all the OTA and TC hype he did nothing in preseason and rides the bench in the regular season because everytime hes on the field he ends up on his knees or on his ***.

Allow me to make all of your arguments for you real quick though:

"The coaches know what they are doing, 6 rings"
"But but but but Aaron smith likes him"
"He beat pouncey in one on ones in training camp"
"hes got a cool nickname"

I remember a time in training camp that i thought to myself maybe i was wrong and hood could be a force out there after reading nothing but hype on the former #1 pick, i was even kind of secretly rooting for him to make me look like an idiot.

At least four times he was blasted off the ball by one player and the RB was able to hit the gap he should have had...we all knew (or should have known) that he was a weak run defender )which is whats made him worthless as a 34end since day one) but after such a praise filled offseason who could have thought he was this bad?

If he cant even be remotely effective in spot duty, how the hell is he supposed to be the future? hes not a rookie anymore. its time for them to tell him to pack on the pounds and move to nose on passing downs, thats the only time ive even seen him even make a little impact in a game

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Hood got owned all game long, I saw one play where he was blocked all the way across the line, I for one minute thought they were playing bluegrass music and this f*** was line dancing with the guy!!

K Train
10-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Yeah, turns out theres a reason for bring back mclendon when hampton went down and when hoke went down....because hood is useless and is only dressing on gamedays because of his massive paycheck. clearly they prefer mclendon over him and wont just outright say it, so they play with mclendons mind by releasing him and resigning him every other week.

Steel Trap86
10-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Hood and Farrior were both terrible. I saw him get blown off the ball, but probably a couple of times less then you did lol, but I did see Farrior miss a **** load of tackles, one being the Magahee touchdown lol did anybody see that? MY GOD! :duh: that really pissed me off

K Train
10-04-2010, 03:55 PM
yeah i pretty much stay locked on hood when hes in so i can make threads like these lol.

what a terrible waste

igor0190
10-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Hood and Farrior were both terrible. I saw him get blown off the ball, but probably a couple of times less then you did lol, but I did see Farrior miss a **** load of tackles, one being the Magahee touchdown lol did anybody see that? MY GOD! :duh: that really pissed me off

Farrior looked bad on a lot of plays Sunday. Why the heck does he just stand there until the RB makes a move? Attack! Attack! Attack! It's like he's trying to turn the RB inside so the other guys can make the play because he isn't capable of doing it himself. Maybe they should blitz him more as he is a liability back there.

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 03:59 PM
You guys will burn me but Troy was a whiffing machine too....

K Train
10-04-2010, 04:00 PM
yeah farrior was bad, but definitely the second worse player on the field when hood was on.

really really wish theyd move on from farrior and just play fox

K Train
10-04-2010, 04:00 PM
You guys will burn me but Troy was a whiffing machine too....

lol i almost want to give you a hug....thats a ballsy thing to ever say around here. its always true though

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 04:05 PM
lol i almost want to give you a hug....thats a ballsy thing to ever say around here. its always true though

LOL, it's a dicey one! Gotta watch the Troy comments...He's badass when he's on, but when he's off, PEEE EWWW!! lol

Steel Trap86
10-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Ya but we all know what Troy can do and just his presence on the field puts QB's and D Coordinators in disarray. Farrior and Hood are just flat out ugly lol K you're a draft nerd who should the steelers look at to eventually replace these 2?

igor0190
10-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Troy has an excuse for "whiffing"...
He makes a lot of big plays and is always flying around the field. It's how he plays the game. Let the other guys without his instincts and speed make the "sure tackles". At least he whiffs being aggressive... whereas Farrior just stands their flat footed.

imo

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 04:18 PM
He makes a lot of big plays and is always flying around the field. It's how he plays the game. Let the other guys without his instincts and speed make the "sure tackles". At least he whiffs being aggressive... whereas Farrior just stands their flat footed.

imo

True...:grin1:

K Train
10-04-2010, 04:24 PM

imo

i dont think it would kill him to one time, just once make a fundementally sound form tackle....jmo. i get thats how he plays, i love that but he doesnt have to just torpedo himself all the time for no reason. big plays are great, smashing chris johnson 4 yards deep behind the line by taking him out at the legs is awesome....but you dont have to try that every single time

SnakeEyes43
10-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Troy may have whiffed a few times, but Flacco never really threw his way that I saw. I may be wrong, but I don't remember him throwing it if Troy was floating in the area.

And yes, Farrior got his jock trap left on the ground on that goal line TD by McGAYhee. Hood also looked like a lost puppy, getting blown up every play. Sigh.

And yeah I would love to see more of Fox rotating in, I kept saying that when Foote came in.

And lastly, El had a few good catches.... opps...here we go. (K Train stabs me, haha)

igor0190
10-04-2010, 04:32 PM
i dont think it would kill him to one time, just once make a fundementally sound form tackle....jmo. i get thats how he plays, i love that but he doesnt have to just torpedo himself all the time for no reason. big plays are great, smashing chris johnson 4 yards deep behind the line by taking him out at the legs is awesome....but you dont have to try that every single time

Yeah, I would have to agree... I'm not sure I've ever seen him make a "true" form tackle.

You think Fox would really be an improvement over Farrior? Or maybe Foote?

Steel Trap86
10-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Troy may have whiffed a few times, but Flacco never really threw his way that I saw. I may be wrong, but I don't remember him throwing it if Troy was floating in the area.

And yes, Farrior got his jock trap left on the ground on that goal line TD by McGAYhee. Hood also looked like a lost puppy, getting blown up every play. Sigh.

lol Magahee might as well bang his wife and sleep in his bed now. That was the worst missed tackle I've seen in some time.

K Train
10-04-2010, 04:47 PM

And yeah I would love to see more of Fox rotating in, I kept saying that when Foote came in.

And lastly, El had a few good catches.... opps...here we go. (K Train stabs me, haha)

i was honestly waiting to long on here and see the "EL IS BACK!!!!" thread after making one grab over his shoulder....thank god he made that catch i would have had a stroke. to me though there is no reason to play him over brown...brown just looks hungry out there

harpo
10-04-2010, 05:12 PM
i was honestly waiting to long on here and see the "EL IS BACK!!!!" thread after making one grab over his shoulder....thank god he made that catch i would have had a stroke. to me though there is no reason to play him over brown...brown just looks hungry out there

***Whew***

For a minute there you had me worried that you would actually give ARE some credit.....LOL:lol:

SteelCityKid5
10-04-2010, 05:45 PM
I scratched my head when we drafted him. I wasnt in a rush to judge him I still dont know if I am but Im leaning towards KTrains arguments.

K Train
10-04-2010, 06:02 PM
i wasnt in a rush, just an immediate fit of rage :-)

coldrolled
10-04-2010, 06:02 PM
you guys are killing me.... our d held all teams under 20....... 4-0 for under 20

our offense is 1-3 in scoring over 20........

until that changes give it up. and hope arians can make ben score more than 24 a game, then we will be unbeatable....

K Train
10-04-2010, 06:03 PM
you guys are killing me.... our d held all teams under 20....... 4-0 for under 20

our offense is 1-3 in scoring over 20........

until that changes give it up. and hope arians can make ben score more than 24 a game, then we will be unbeatable....
love the defense, think they are elite and could be really incredible this year....still though this is not a reflection on the defense, its a reflection on how truly terrible evander hood is when he sees the field

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 06:06 PM
love the defense, think they are elite and could be really incredible this year....still though this is not a reflection on the defense, its a reflection on how truly terrible evander hood is when he sees the field

I just wish you'd quit beating around and just come straight once in a while! lol

K Train
10-04-2010, 06:09 PM
lol i know right

Black@Gold Forever32
10-04-2010, 06:22 PM
I never doubted you Ktrain about Hood but I was hoping he would pan out....But you're right he has done nothing at all in pre-season and now in the season.....

As for Troy and I think most of you remember back in 2007 my constant Troy rants.......People always get butt hurt when you knock Polamalu but I agree and I hate when Troy flies around like an idiot and misses tackles....I hate when he blitzes and doesn't get there for the sack....Yesterday he shouldn't have blitzed on TJ's TD but should have been back there in coverage....He is the only true ball hawk we have in the secondary.......**** the so called Taz role and just let him play coverage most of the time..........

K Train
10-04-2010, 06:24 PM
id rather have timmons roaming non stop than troy

BR7
10-04-2010, 06:29 PM
lol Magahee might as well bang his wife and sleep in his bed now. That was the worst missed tackle I've seen in some time.

You must have forgotten about Tyrone Carter's epic whiff on Garrard in the Wild Card game. Tyrone was good for a whiff or two per start.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-04-2010, 06:29 PM
id rather have timmons roaming non stop than troy

I agee......:yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Timmons lead the defense in tackles again, this guy is a monster...

K Train
10-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Timmons leads all defensive players in total tackles again this week, this guy is a monster...

fixed it for you

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 06:43 PM
fixed it for you

Thanks! :yellowthumb:

coldrolled
10-04-2010, 09:08 PM
fixed it for you

Sly needs to play more.... i have the feeling he will show up faster than most ILB's
in recent years for us.

jpele
10-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Ok here's my take on Ziggy. I didn't like the pick but he is a Steeler so I will hope he becomes a player for us.

I can't believe anyone calls themselves a fan when the hope a player fails just so you can say I told you so.

It's funny everyone is on the Timmons bandwagon and rightfully so but he's in his fourth year and until now everyone was calling him a bust.

DanRooney
10-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Woodley sucked too. I'm surprised nobody mentioned him when he was supposed to have a spectacular performance going against Marshal Yanda.

Here's what Still Mill had to say about his performance:

"Jason Woodley was like the invisible man. Dude hardly did anything the entire afternoon. A total NON FACTOR. Anyone who dares argue otherwise is brimming with excrement. He made one noteworthy play all day, a trip-up in the backfield at 6:00 4Q. He applied next to nothing in terms of heat and harassment on the QB. He’s reverting back to his lazyfuk methods from last season, where he thinks he can routinely bullrush an OT and do NOTHING else. The 1-trick pony, whose effort level is 40% less than Harrison’s, has done little all season and today was just another example. He also got mauled on the McGayhee TD run."

Blazedby92
10-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Ok here's my take on Ziggy. I didn't like the pick but he is a Steeler so I will hope he becomes a player for us.

I can't believe anyone calls themselves a fan when the hope a player fails just so you can say I told you so.

It's funny everyone is on the Timmons bandwagon and rightfully so but he's in his fourth year and until now everyone was calling him a bust.

:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::c ope::clap::clap:
Wasn't big on him either but man you got to hope.

Woodley sucked too. I'm surprised nobody mentioned him when he was supposed to have a spectacular performance going against Marshal Yanda.

"Jason Woodley was like the invisible man. Dude hardly did anything the entire afternoon. A total NON FACTOR. Anyone who dares argue otherwise is brimming with excrement. He made one noteworthy play all day, a trip-up in the backfield at 6:00 4Q. He applied next to nothing in terms of heat and harassment on the QB. He’s reverting back to his lazyfuk methods from last season, where he thinks he can routinely bullrush an OT and do NOTHING else. The 1-trick pony, whose effort level is 40% less than Harrison’s, has done little all season and today was just another example. He also got mauled on the McGayhee TD run."

They can't know much they don't even know his first name unless there is another woodley.:gal:

jpele
10-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Yea, I can't figure Woodley out, he's in a contract year . You would he would play out of his mind.

DanRooney
10-04-2010, 10:15 PM
:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::c ope::clap::clap:
Wasn't big on him either but man you got to hope.

They can't know much they don't even know his first name unless there is another woodley.:gal:

He was making a Jason Gildon comparison. He use to call him Lamarr Gildong :lol:

BlacknGoldAC
10-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Wow, you guys are all over the place...

Hood - made some plays this year, maybe not so much this game, but keep in mind, he has been asked to play both sides, if not NT as well. I stand to be corrected. I think he is solid, but needs to develop.

Troy - Are you kidding me? LeBeau has said that his D needs a guy like Troy, who can play on instinct. Risk-Reward. Troy makes a difference in games, but, sometimes you swing and miss, so to speak.

Woodley - Teams know him now and gameplan around him. Simplistic, yes, but he is a force even without stats. Opposing teams don't know Timmons quite yet, thus his stats, but they are certainly getting to know him now. LW is a very good player for this team's D, I think a perfect player on this D.

playboy pryor
10-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Hood is not a trure DE coming ou t of college. I think he played DT in a 4-3 scheme. It may take him another yr to develop. If not, he's a bust for us. So far he is still playing like a rookie.

K Train
10-05-2010, 01:55 AM

lol i secretly hoped he would turn into something, urbik and summers getting cut boosted my ego enough.

i led the timmons bandwagon, i always ****ing hated when people called timmons a bust his rookie year or mendenhall for that matter...yeah hes a bust, a tim worley clone blah blah

disagreed. woodley is a very polished pass rusher

i will say that hes ALWAYS been a second half of the year player, he was terrible the first few games last year (stat wise at least)

Wow, you guys are all over the place...

Hood - made some plays this year, maybe not so much this game, but keep in mind, he has been asked to play both sides, if not NT as well. I stand to be corrected. I think he is solid, but needs to develop.

Troy - Are you kidding me? LeBeau has said that his D needs a guy like Troy, who can play on instinct. Risk-Reward. Troy makes a difference in games, but, sometimes you swing and miss, so to speak.
hood sucks...hes been kind of effective at NT one on one with a center....at DE he was terrible damn near every snap

i like that troy is WILLING to torpedo his body to make a tackle...but he can just wrap a guy up sometimes....james harrison might be the best tackler in the league, troy might be the worst (for an elite player anyway) he whiffs way to much ad its not always trying for a big play

Hood is not a trure DE coming ou t of college. I think he played DT in a 4-3 scheme. It may take him another yr to develop. If not, he's a bust for us. So far he is still playing like a rookie.
hood was a 34 UT that didnt project to the 34 DE like some college DTs do. his hime was in a defense like the colts. guys like powe (NT), crick (DE), paea (DE), Bailey (DE), Kendrick Lewis (NT) and Dareus (DE) should be on the steelers radar in the first 2 rounds because even with the hood pick we have little to speak of there because he blows

Zachintosh66
10-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Allow me to make all of your arguments for you real quick though:

"hes got a cool nickname"

:lol:

coldrolled
10-05-2010, 09:50 AM
ktrain your killing me... i sat in front of the tv screaming for rey maualuga.....

then we pick hood... your just making me feel worse.. i love hood... he is better than rey...

MattyVfromCT
10-05-2010, 06:42 PM

cosigned on that. and especially on returns. ARE has been useless other than the one catch against the rats on sunday. i know sanders has been hurt but at least him and brown have some speed. let them get some reps and get better at their craft instead of putting old man randle el in there. he was a 3rd string at best when he was in his prime. now? useless. and 1 td pass in a super bowl doesn't mean we have to cater to him and start him over younger guys with fresh legs and ability

Dobre Shunka
10-07-2010, 04:31 AM
About everyone and their friggin brothers were moaning about the Timmons pick too, and that was until just recently.

Guys was a beast coming out of school, is a beast now and a force to be reckoned with down the road. Main thing for him is staying healthy.

Hood, didn't fit the 30-40 to well but is still developing. Big time gamble there but we'll see.

Far from willing to call him a bust, but a hooded NT may be a problem. We'll see...

coldrolled
10-07-2010, 08:23 AM
troy might be the worst (for an elite player anyway) he whiffs way to much ad its not always trying for a big play

Farrior was whiffing all over the place. if we need to change a player he may need to go first... speed is going.. let fox/sly play.

Blazedby92
10-07-2010, 01:48 PM
K-Train Tell me a DL that was taken after Hood that YOU liked that did turn out to be good so far.We needed a DL and took a gamble apparently a few others did to AKA Gilbert one of your favorites.

JensK
10-07-2010, 02:06 PM
K-Train Tell me a DL that was taken after Hood that YOU liked that did turn out to be good so far.We needed a DL and took a gamble apparently a few others did to AKA Gilbert one of your favorites.

To be perfectly fair, that does not justify picking a bad one. Just because others did not pan out. There were plenty of other needs that could have been addressed.

K Train
10-07-2010, 02:19 PM
About everyone and their friggin brothers were moaning about the Timmons pick too, and that was until just recently.

Guys was a beast coming out of school, is a beast now and a force to be reckoned with down the road. Main thing for him is staying healthy.

Hood, didn't fit the 30-40 to well but is still developing. Big time gamble there but we'll see.

Far from willing to call him a bust, but a hooded NT may be a problem. We'll see...
i didnt bitch about the timmons pick, loved it, and i loved that woodley was able to step up their rookies years while timmons battled groin problems. i was right on timmons, and so far im right on hood.

i liked kyle moore as a prototype stack and shed 5 tech, i like gilbert as a DE in a 34, its not my fault the bears wanted him at DT and he didnt pan out.

i would have also loved sammie lee hill from stillman who i said back then could very easily be the best NT out of that draft in a few years and hes a pretty damn good player for the lions.

all these guys were taken in the 3rd and beyond, hood was the first pick and you cant just gamble as easily as you can with a 4th rounder.

you guys dont have to give up on hood, praise the **** out of him next year in training camp and be disappointed again...i bought into the hype a little bit this year but im willing to write him off with the rest of the majority of the 2009 draft class minus wallace as a failure. i just hope they move his *** to nose and get a little production out of him, he cant handle DE

also we didnt "need" dline, it wasnt a pressing need, i would have chosen oline over dline 10/10 times, i wanted oher there was no doubt about that but i was also on board with maualuga and darius butler...both are doing very well on rival teams of ours.

also louis delmas i would have been on board with since ryan clark really isnt that good.

players i didnt want were hood, unger, alphonso smith, britton, or laurantis

i would have been ok with duke robinson (would have been a bad pick), beatty, loadholt, everette brown too....im just sayin im not saying every potential pick i would have wanted would have been right because gilbert and robinson seem to be less than average players.

Blazedby92
10-07-2010, 07:22 PM
i didnt bitch about the timmons pick, loved it, and i loved that woodley was able to step up their rookies years while timmons battled groin problems. i was right on timmons, and so far im right on hood.

i liked kyle moore as a prototype stack and shed 5 tech, i like gilbert as a DE in a 34, its not my fault the bears wanted him at DT and he didnt pan out.

i would have also loved sammie lee hill from stillman who i said back then could very easily be the best NT out of that draft in a few years and hes a pretty damn good player for the lions.

all these guys were taken in the 3rd and beyond, hood was the first pick and you cant just gamble as easily as you can with a 4th rounder.

you guys dont have to give up on hood, praise the **** out of him next year in training camp and be disappointed again...i bought into the hype a little bit this year but im willing to write him off with the rest of the majority of the 2009 draft class minus wallace as a failure. i just hope they move his *** to nose and get a little production out of him, he cant handle DE

also we didnt "need" dline, it wasnt a pressing need, i would have chosen oline over dline 10/10 times, i wanted oher there was no doubt about that but i was also on board with maualuga and darius butler...both are doing very well on rival teams of ours.

also louis delmas i would have been on board with since ryan clark really isnt that good.

players i didnt want were hood, unger, alphonso smith, britton, or laurantis

i would have been ok with duke robinson (would have been a bad pick), beatty, loadholt, everette brown too....im just sayin im not saying every potential pick i would have wanted would have been right because gilbert and robinson seem to be less than average players.

Oh yeah we did need DL, it may not have been the biggest but we needed it and Oher was loooong gone. I wanted OL too but who was there that we needed?
Why would we need Rey Maualuga we have more than good enough LB's unless you DID doubt Timmons and I don't think he would be good enough to fit where we needed him.

Sammie Lee plays beside a FREAKIN' MANCHILD the probably leave him unblocked:greengrin: and triple team SUH.

To be honest I don't like him either but we used the pick on him so all we can do is hope he can learn just wasn't much out there. Now I would have loved to have a good FS or shutdown corner but was there any there worth taking in the first?

--- Added 10/7/2010 at 06:22 PM ---

To be perfectly fair, that does not justify picking a bad one. Just because others did not pan out. There were plenty of other needs that could have been addressed.

See above

K Train
10-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Oh yeah we did need DL, it may not have been the biggest but we needed it and Oher was loooong gone. I wanted OL too but who was there that we needed?
Why would we need Rey Maualuga we have more than good enough LB's unless you DID doubt Timmons and I don't think he would be good enough to fit where we needed him.

Sammie Lee plays beside a FREAKIN' MANCHILD the probably leave him unblocked:greengrin: and triple team SUH.

To be honest I don't like him either but we used the pick on him so all we can do is hope he can learn just wasn't much out there. Now I would have loved to have a good FS or shutdown corner but was there any there worth taking in the first?

Trust me, i know suh is magic at the DT spot, but hill was damn impressive last season without suh....now he has suh so look out.

I hate that farrior is on the team, hes SO SLOW and was the slowest player on the field at any given time last year. He had a great surge late in his career and posted some of his best seasons but youve HAD to known the end was near for him. I loved the idea of Rey as a hammer in the middle and letting timmons do his roaming thing, now timmons has added weight and looks like a hammer himself (i never doubted him, but i could clearly see he was a pussy against the run for the first 3 years) having rey and timmons inside and woodley and harrison outside would be the sex.

we needed to get younger on the dline i agree, but we didnt need to reach for hood when there were (imo) better overall players on the board and CERTAINLY better fits schematically even if you considered hood a great 43UT prospect which he was, we didnt need that. not every player can convert, especially to a 5 tech since its one of the hardest positions on any defense. We lucked out with woodley being a conversion OLB from a DE at michigan, we lucked out with timmons being a WILL in a 43 to a MLB in 34 that could certainly play on the outside...imo not so lucky with hood

DanRooney
10-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Trust me, i know suh is magic at the DT spot, but hill was damn impressive last season without suh....now he has suh so look out.

I hate that farrior is on the team, hes SO SLOW and was the slowest player on the field at any given time last year. He had a great surge late in his career and posted some of his best seasons but youve HAD to known the end was near for him. I loved the idea of Rey as a hammer in the middle and letting timmons do his roaming thing, now timmons has added weight and looks like a hammer himself (i never doubted him, but i could clearly see he was a pussy against the run for the first 3 years) having rey and timmons inside and woodley and harrison outside would be the sex.

we needed to get younger on the dline i agree, but we didnt need to reach for hood when there were (imo) better overall players on the board and CERTAINLY better fits schematically even if you considered hood a great 43UT prospect which he was, we didnt need that. not every player can convert, especially to a 5 tech since its one of the hardest positions on any defense. We lucked out with woodley being a conversion OLB from a DE at michigan, we lucked out with timmons being a WILL in a 43 to a MLB in 34 that could certainly play on the outside...imo not so lucky with hood

I've been saying Taunto Farrior is hindering our defense for quite some time. Anyone who thinks differently is completely oblivious to the LBer play in the past 2 years. I hope Dick grows some balls and at least attempts to take away some of his on-field time. Let Fox and Sylvester get more reps in.

harpo
10-08-2010, 09:30 AM
I've been saying Taunto Farrior is hindering our defense for quite some time. Anyone who thinks differently is completely oblivious to the LBer play in the past 2 years. I hope Dick grows some balls and at least attempts to take away some of his on-field time. Let Fox and Sylvester get more reps in.

Farrior (and Clark) make the defensive calls, so until someone else on defense can take over that role, he's going to be on the field. The person who takes over HAS to be able to put defenders in the right place and Farrior does a good job in doing that. You have to be like a coach on the field and understand what the offense is trying to do. I don't think Timmons is ready for that role just yet.

LatrobePA
10-08-2010, 09:34 AM

Did you just use dick and balls all in one sentence? Yes you did, hell yea! :banana:

DanRooney
10-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Farrior (and Clark) make the defensive calls, so until someone else on defense can take over that role, he's going to be on the field. The person who takes over HAS to be able to put defenders in the right place and Farrior does a good job in doing that. You have to be like a coach on the field and understand what the offense is trying to do. I don't think Timmons is ready for that role just yet.

Yeah I can imagine it right now

Farrior - "Alright LT, you get the RB and TE. Troy you roam around in case they throw. I'll stand here and hope someone slows him down before he gets to me."
Timmons - "Both? Bro, I'm exhausted flying over the field"
Troy - "I hear you LT."
Farrior - "Quit complaining...oh **** McGahee running right at me. Someone tackle him, he's too fast. Ryan hit him like you did in the AFC Championship."
Clark - "I'm on the other side of the field *******."
Farrior - "Alright I'll pretend to jump at him so I don't look too foolish."
Tomlin - (shakes head)

Farrior Fan
10-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Just wondering aloud. Who led the team in tackles last year?

coldrolled
10-09-2010, 07:44 AM

this year we have....

timmons - 32

mcfadden - 21

harrison - 21

farrior - 16

Farrior Fan
10-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Here are the 2009 stats.... I'm just sayin to all of the Farrior haters that maybe just maybe he isn't all that bad.

Defense & FumblesGlossary · ProBowl(*), 1st-team All-Pro(+), · CSV · PRE
Def Interceptions Fumbles Tackles
No. Age Pos G GS Sk Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Tkl Ast Sfty
51 James Farrior 34 LILB 16 16 3.0 1 18 0 18 5 1 0 1 0 0 68 34
25 Ryan Clark 30 FS 15 15 3 0 0 0 8 68 20
92 James Harrison* 31 ROLB 16 16 10.0 0 0 0 0 3 5 0 2 0 0 60 19
22 William Gay 24 RCB 16 14 1.0 0 0 0 0 10 1 0 0 0 0 67 8
94 Lawrence Timmons 23 RILB 14 13 7.0 0 0 0 0 4 4 0 0 0 0 55 22
56 LaMarr Woodley* 25 LOLB 16 16 13.5 0 0 0 0 6 1 0 1 77 1 51 11
24 Ike Taylor 29 LCB 16 16 1.0 1 20 0 20 13 0 0 1 1 0 52 9
23 Tyrone Carter 33 SS 16 12 1.0 2 53 1 48 4 1 0 1 6 0 49 12
99 Brett Keisel 31 RDE 15 15 3.0 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 2 0 0 36 18
98 Casey Hampton* 32 NT 16 16 2.5 23 20

K Train
10-09-2010, 05:37 PM

sweet man....turns out none of that matters though

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2010, 06:05 PM
How this turned into a Farrior fest I don't know, but anybody who actually thinks Farrior sucks and is worthless to this team really should take a step back. Sure he's not as fast as he was and he might miss a few more tackles than he has in the past, but he's certainly not washed up. Foote was brought in as insurance for Farrior and to add some needed depth. I like our ILB group as much as anyone in the league.

jnes1216
10-09-2010, 07:28 PM
How this turned into a Farrior fest I don't know, but anybody who actually thinks Farrior sucks and is worthless to this team really should take a step back. Sure he's not as fast as he was and he might miss a few more tackles than he has in the past, but he's certainly not washed up. Foote was brought in as insurance for Farrior and to add some needed depth. I like our ILB group as much as anyone in the league.

I agree. I think Farrior has lost a step but he makes up for it in experience and being the qb for the defense. We're number one against the run. It's team defense and he is the leader. Bottom line I would take him over Foote or Fox. Next year may be different, but for now I'm not going to bust his chops.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Plus right now there is no one else to play opposite Timmons, so it's either Foote or Farrior. Perhaps in 2011, assuming there is a 2011 season right now, Worilds might be ready.

K Train
10-18-2010, 11:15 PM
another pretty terrible from hood making them play eason most of the time

DanRooney
10-18-2010, 11:59 PM

Replacing slow with slower isn't a great depth move.