PDA

View Full Version : Anything good from Sundays game?

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 10:56 AM
How do you guys think Pouncey held up? I know he had one holding call, but if he didn't Batch would of been planted.

Mendy is a stud and has made up 90% of our offense so far IMO.

Blazedby92
10-04-2010, 10:59 AM
NEVER doubted Pouncey would be alright, just doubted our QB situation

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 11:02 AM
NEVER doubted Pouncey would be alright, just doubted our QB situation

He looked solid but I didn't spend a ton of time watching center...

Moondog
10-04-2010, 11:06 AM
I think overall the O line has improved and Mendy is starting to come into his own. With Ben back, this offense will take off.

JensK
10-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Pouncey was human in this game, which all centers are when playing Ravens. He had a few rookie mistakes, but all in all a pretty decent game, yet again :)

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Mendenhall was a nice bright spot for sure. He's getting better and better every week.

ARE was on the money yesterday. Say what you want about him but he was the only WR that did anything on Sunday.

Pouncey, he got a lot of valuable experience against a good front 7 yesterday. He made some plays but he also go played too. He'll grow a lot from this past weeks game.

DSep, this dude is as solid as they come. As much as I hate seeing us punt, I know that the majority of the team he's going to boom one and give our coverage units a great chance to get down there and make the play.

Special teams coverage units. These guys have been playing lights out the last few weeks. I like the direction they are going.

harpo
10-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Game balls to Mendenhall, William Gay, Ike "Stonehands" Taylor & Randle-El.

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Mendenhall was a nice bright spot for sure. He's getting better and better every week.

ARE was on the money yesterday. Say what you want about him but he was the only WR that did anything on Sunday.

Pouncey, he got a lot of valuable experience against a good front 7 yesterday. He made some plays but he also go played too. He'll grow a lot from this past weeks game.

DSep, this dude is as solid as they come. As much as I hate seeing us punt, I know that the majority of the team he's going to boom one and give our coverage units a great chance to get down there and make the play.

Special teams coverage units. These guys have been playing lights out the last few weeks. I like the direction they are going.

Good stuff...I agree, as much crap that I've given ARE he came through for us!

coldrolled
10-04-2010, 12:06 PM
from sunday's game ... we should have 0 injuries for the browns game... Correct??

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 12:23 PM
from sunday's game ... we should have 0 injuries for the browns game... Correct??

Mendy was banged up but with the time off he'll be fine...

harpo
10-04-2010, 12:56 PM

According to Mike Tomlin's press conference after the game:

Were there any injuries?

No, when Brett Keisel went down it was cramps during the latter portions of the game. The rest is just bumps and bruises that come along with playing. I think we got out of it pretty clean, which is a good thing.

For more, go here:

Steelers-Ravens post game quotes (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Ravens-Post-Game-Quotes/1938ed32-e0c6-46a6-ab98-600a5538c7c6)

roosterray
10-04-2010, 12:57 PM
He looked solid but I didn't spend a ton of time watching center...

This is because our oline isn't our biggest problem on the team now. We'll find out once Ben gets back. I think our oline is much better and we don't have to worry anymore. My big concern is our WR not getting open for the QB.:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Coming out of the first group of games without any significant, lingering, injuries is HUGE. Every year in the past we've been praying for the bye to get here because half the team was banged up and key players were missing. This year once we get past the bye we should have everybody at full strength. It's been a long time since we could say that.

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 01:17 PM
This is because our oline isn't our biggest problem on the team now. We'll find out once Ben gets back. I think our oline is much better and we don't have to worry anymore. My big concern is our WR not getting open for the QB.:cope:

True, we were talking about this, seemed when Charlie had time no one was getting open. What's up with that?

Big T
10-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Rashard has played lights out so far this season and I would bet my life that Ben's return is only gonna make him that much better.

I've said it a million times but when Ben comes back, this offense can be scary as hell. Receivers are getting open(QBs just couldn't get them the ball), the line is definitely playing better than last season(if Charlie Batch can survive and move around in the pocket with time, Ben can disect defenses), Mendenhall is a stud, and with an actual legit threat of a passing game, it's just gonna open so much more for Rashard "Do-it-all" Mendenhall (you like that? :lol:).

Pouncey really played well. He handled his guy very well and played well against Ngata. Sure Ngata got the better of him a few times, but he played well against the best front 7 he's gonna see all year. If you weren't excited about Maurkice before, you better be now.

I just HATE the fact that we have to wait 13 more days for the next game...