PDA

View Full Version : Benís Loss

The Big Z
10-04-2010, 06:58 AM
This loss to the rat birds is nobodyís fault except Benís and thatís the way I look at it. Sure, BA called a bad game, he does that even when Ben is in so we are use to it. The defense was dealt a bad hand today with the offense not moving the ball. Miss fieldgoals, and add in some untimely penalties and here we are. Iím very happy that we are 3-1 versus 0-4. At the beginning of the year we were hoping for at least 2-2. This team has played 4 tough games and they have played some great ďDĒ.

Now with that said, Ben comes back today. He has 13 days to get in sync with his receivers, his ďO-lineĒ and to prepare for the Browns. The defense gets 2 weeks to rest and heal. I expect that Ben will be rusty and hurry some throws. He will not be used to game speed and will need to adjust.

What can we expect to see from the Offense against the Browns?

LarryNJ
10-04-2010, 08:25 AM

30+ points

Big T
10-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Mendenhall is going to run wild.

I expect the browns to blitz the hell out of Ben to try and rattle him early...

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Mendenhall is going to run wild.

I expect the browns to blitz the hell out of Ben to try and rattle him early...

I hope your right, but I have a feeling BA is going to throw throw throw to try and get the stats up!

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-04-2010, 09:22 AM
The Browns seem to be a pretty solid team with Seneca Wallace at QB. Regarding the thread...I feel it's a bit immature to attribute the whole loss to one player on your team being out as opposed to just admitting your team got beat.

Troyisabeast_43
10-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Still a lot of games left fellas and while this loss does hurt the Steelers I would rather have them lose this game to the Ravens then the one in December which will probably count more with fewer games left. With that being said, the Steelers cannot afford to drop anymore games within this division between now and the Ravens game on December 5th in Baltimore. A loss here to the Browns in 2 weeks could really start having some doubt creeping in the Steelers heads but I dont think that will happen...

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Someone said it last week, Ravens needed this game more so than us....We'll see them again with a QB able to make plays late in the game, not that big of a loss!

SteelDad
10-04-2010, 10:42 AM
We are making a huge mistake if we are over-looking the Clowns. They've been in every game this season and could easily be 3-1. As for this loss being on Ben, why are we going there? If the loss is his fault then are the wins to his credit too? We know what he did and how it has affected us, but let's move on shall we?

Blazedby92
10-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Hey imagine that JOEFLACCOSAYSHI is back.

SteelCityKid5
10-04-2010, 10:50 AM
It's not necessarily a bad loss for us. If it was a team like the Dolphins or Giants... I could live with it but its the Ravens... and me no like.

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Hey imagine that JOEFLACCOSAYSHI is back.

Imagine that, I personally don't mind the dude, but to only come on here when his team wins is a bit childish!!

Moondog
10-04-2010, 10:53 AM
We are making a huge mistake if we are over-looking the Clowns. They've been in every game this season and could easily be 3-1. As for this loss being on Ben, why are we going there? If the loss is his fault then are the wins to his credit too? We know what he did and how it has affected us, but let's move on shall we?

I don't think the Steelers will overlook the Browns because Cleveland handled Pittsburgh pretty well last year and beat them hands down.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Imagine that, I personally don't mind the dude, but to only come on here when his team wins is a bit childish!!

I wouldn't have posted if there hadn't been so much garbage being posted on here. Sad to see grown men acting like children after a loss. Giving no credit to their opponent and basically not realizing that losing is part of sports. You guys do realize that some times good teams lose games...right?

JensK
10-04-2010, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't have posted if there hadn't been so much garbage being posted on here. Sad to see grown men acting like children after a loss. Giving no credit to their opponent and basically not realizing that losing is part of sports. You guys do realize that some times good teams lose games...right?

Whats honestly more pathetic is not being upset when you do loose... If you are passioned about something, it's natural to be upset when it does not go your way. Thats the nature of humans really. If you look at most of the posts, the negative ones are right after the game. I'll assure you, had Steelers won, you would have had a few not so nice things to say as well.

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 11:44 AM

If you read through my posts you'd seen that I did say Joe Flacco schooled us and also went on to say congrats...

You guys won, it was a good game, and could of went either way. No excuses made, but we'll be at full strength next time we meet, hopefully w/ a diffrent outcome...

75Steeler
10-04-2010, 11:48 AM
:sup: Flacco. I just wish they would have let Charlie throw the ball a little more yesterday. The Ratbird run defense was shutting down a good bit of our running game. Jeff Reed's 2 missed field goals and the ref's calling b/s on us all day lost that game for us.

JoeFlaccoSaysHi
10-04-2010, 11:48 AM
If you read through my posts you'd seen that I did say Joe Flacco schooled us and also went on to say congrats...

You guys won, it was a good game, and could of went either way. No excuses made, but we'll be at full strength next time we meet, hopefully w/ a diffrent outcome...

I chose my words poorly. Should have said only some of the posters were guilty of this. The Steelers are still a good team as you all know. Good teams lose...I understand it sucks to lose to a division rival...I was just commenting on the number of threads and responses that gave the Ravens no credit and pinned the loss only on bad calls and play calling.

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 11:51 AM
I chose my words poorly. Should have said only some of the posters were guilty of this. The Steelers are still a good team as you all know. Good teams lose...I understand it sucks to lose to a division rival...I was just commenting on the number of threads and responses that gave the Ravens no credit and pinned the loss only on bad calls and play calling.

:yellowthumb:

I hate TJ as I'm sure you did when he was at Cinci, if it were Mason I'd been less PO'd! lol

TampaSteelGirl
10-04-2010, 11:56 AM
This loss to the rat birds is nobody’s fault except Ben’s and that’s the way I look at it. Sure, BA called a bad game, he does that even when Ben is in so we are use to it. The defense was dealt a bad hand today with the offense not moving the ball. Miss fieldgoals, and add in some untimely penalties and here we are. I’m very happy that we are 3-1 versus 0-4. At the beginning of the year we were hoping for at least 2-2. This team has played 4 tough games and they have played some great “D”.

Now with that said, Ben comes back today. He has 13 days to get in sync with his receivers, his “O-line” and to prepare for the Browns. The defense gets 2 weeks to rest and heal. I expect that Ben will be rusty and hurry some throws. He will not be used to game speed and will need to adjust.

Are you serious?????????? We are 3-1 without Ben and honestly think we could have gone further in the positive side without him. We played as a team unlike last year.....you seriously can't be so upset about the loss of the Ravens game that you're going to blame it on Ben?????? I think Goodell did us a favor for several reasons:

1. This entire thing with Ben is humblizing him...to his fans and to his team. He was a real jagoff to everyone! Now I see him coming back as a good person and an amazing QB.

2. He'll be dangerous now, having time to sit back and appreciate what God and the Rooneys have given him. He hired a QB coach the 4 wks he was on suspension, working everyday to get better..working on his mechanics.

3. Bye week gives him 2 wks go prepare for his first game. He can shake whatever rust he has on him, help him mesh with his team and get ready to pound our future opponents.

4. Make it up to his teammates he let down. He now has 2 wks go come back and make it right...he'll be a better person in the locker room, and behind his O-line.

As Mike Vick said in his interview with Jim Mora yesterday...had he not gotten caught and sent to prison he would NOT have stopped doing what he was doing...He was Michael Vick, what could possibly happen to him. This is exactly what I thought about Ben..Karma is a biatch trust me and I think Ben needed something serious to happen to change him. I see a more humble, mature, smart person in Ben.
Steelers fans can be selfish and want him there every game winning for them but they don't think of the self destruction of the person in Ben Roethisberger. He was leading down a very dangerous path and something had to give....so we can all point the finger at Ben for ONE freaking loss but it's quite selfish IMO....just some food for though.

Lets move forward people...we are 3-1, that i'm pretty darn proud of! We can give the Ratbirds this piddly win. What really matters is stripping them once again of their playoff hopes...now that's what I look forward to, not this loss. Who cares..Ben is back! :tt02:

--- Added 10/4/2010 at 10:56 AM ---

I will say the play calling of the Ravens was smart...how many times did you see Flacco throw to WIDE OPEN receivers???? I would say 6ish times....there were recievers out there with no coverage what so ever...some of our weakness in our D were exposed unfortunately. I will say this..while the Ravens are a good team, they SHOULD have dominated our Oline and got to Charlie but they didn't and that I am so proud of. Pouncey was amazing as I knew he would. I think it was a good close game and physical as it always is..Im just anxious to see how we do with Ben at the helm!! :tt02:

ejsteeler
10-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Are you serious?????????? We are 3-0 without Ben and honestly think we could have gone further in the positive side without him. We played as a team unlike last year.....you seriously can't be so upset about the loss of the Ravens game that you're going to blame it on Ben?????? I think Goodell did us a favor for several reasons:

1. This entire thing with Ben is humblizing him...to his fans and to his team. He was a real jagoff to everyone! Now I see him coming back as a good person and an amazing QB.

2. He'll be dangerous now, having time to sit back and appreciate what God and the Rooneys have given him. He hired a QB coach the 4 wks he was on suspension, working everyday to get better..working on his mechanics.

3. Bye week gives him 2 wks go prepare for his first game. He can shake whatever rust he has on him, help him mesh with his team and get ready to pound our future opponents.

4. Make it up to his teammates he let down. He now has 2 wks go come back and make it right...he'll be a better person in the locker room, and behind his O-line.

As Mike Vick said in his interview with Jim Mora yesterday...had he not gotten caught and sent to prison he would NOT have stopped doing what he was doing...He was Michael Vick, what could possibly happen to him. This is exactly what I thought about Ben..Karma is a biatch trust me and I think Ben needed something serious to happen to change him. I see a more humble, mature, smart person in Ben.
Steelers fans can be selfish and want him there every game winning for them but they don't think of the self destruction of the person in Ben Roethisberger. He was leading down a very dangerous path and something had to give....so we can all point the finger at Ben for ONE freaking loss but it's quite selfish IMO....just some food for though.

Lets move forward people...we are 3-1, that i'm pretty darn proud of! We can give the Ratbirds this piddly win. What really matters is stripping them once again of their playoff hopes...now that's what I look forward to, not this loss. Who cares..Ben is back! :tt02: :tt02:

:yellowthumb:

Lunchbucket
10-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Are you serious?????????? We are 3-0 without Ben and honestly think we could have gone further in the positive side without him. We played as a team unlike last year.....you seriously can't be so upset about the loss of the Ravens game that you're going to blame it on Ben?????? I think Goodell did us a favor for several reasons:

Lets move forward people...we are 3-1, that i'm pretty darn proud of! We can give the Ratbirds this piddly win. What really matters is stripping them once again of their playoff hopes...now that's what I look forward to, not this loss. Who cares..Ben is back! :tt02:

--- Added 10/4/2010 at 10:56 AM ---

I will say the play calling of the Ravens was smart...how many times did you see Flacco throw to WIDE OPEN receivers???? I would say 6ish times....there were recievers out there with no coverage what so ever...some of our weakness in our D were exposed unfortunately. I will say this..while the Ravens are a good team, they SHOULD have dominated our Oline and got to Charlie but they didn't and that I am so proud of. Pouncey was amazing as I knew he would. I think it was a good close game and physical as it always is..Im just anxious to see how we do with Ben at the helm!! :tt02:

:yellowthumb:totally agree,Ben will come back with some thing to prove; to himself ,the Steelers, Goodell,The NFL and anyone getting in the way.

TampaSteelGirl
10-04-2010, 12:12 PM
:yellowthumb:totally agree,Ben will come back with some thing to prove; to himself ,the Steelers, Goodell,The NFL and anyone getting in the way.

Exactly!!! :yellowthumb:
I think it will take Ben 1/2 of the first quarter to settle down..he's going to be wanting to do too much to please everyone so I see him settling down middle of the first quarter and we'll see a more polished Ben...OMG I can't wait!! :tt02:

igor0190
10-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Regardless of the loss to the Rats, the Steelers are clearly the best team in the division at this point. I say that because there defense IS better than the Rats and Bengals and Ben coming back makes us a complete team. Sure the Rats won the game fair and square... but it was hardly impressive. A win is a win though.

You cannot fault Steeler Nation for generally being content about a 3-1 start... even though we did lose to the Rats. It was a close game as always, and we could have just as easily been 4-0.

Lots of reason for optimism!!:tt02:

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Play calling has me concerned, I hope we don't get away from running the ball and rely on the pass to set up the run....

TampaSteelGirl
10-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Play calling has me concerned, I hope we don't get away from running the ball and rely on the pass to set up the run....

The running game is working...I can't see Tomlin letting BA stop it now. Or at least I pray he doesn't!