PDA

View Full Version : Redzone Weakness

Speeed
10-03-2010, 08:04 PM
It seems to me we need some red zone results, both on D and O. It seems we can count on at best a FG while in the opponents red zone, while usually the opposing team scores on our red zone. All of great plays happen in the middle of the field, whether it be an interception, a great run, etc. and yield nay a result.

It seems there are two different sets of coaches calling plays; one cadre with one mindset calls the plays at midfield and someone else calls them in the red zones. Me thinks it is a Jekyll and Hyde situation. If the Black and Gold scored more red zone TD's, and stopped more, they would be unstoppable. That seems to be the weakness.

scott0326
10-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I think they will begin scoring more in the red zone when Ben comes back.. They seem to not trust Batch at all in red zone as they usually let Mendenhall run every play... I didnt think that was an issue today though, IIRC we had 2 red zone possessions and Mendenhall scored touchdowns on both.

I really don't know have an answer for the defense.

BlacknGoldAC
10-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Wasn't the offense 100% (2-2) in the red zone today?

Speeed
10-03-2010, 08:16 PM

Could be - I was not keeping official track. It seems that overall, both D and O are weak in the red zone.

scott0326
10-03-2010, 08:25 PM

That is correct. They only had two scoring opportunities in red zone and both times Mendenhall got a touchdown.. The missed field goals were outside the red zone.

BlacknGoldAC
10-03-2010, 08:42 PM
We also scored 38 points last week, right? 100% in red zone this week. With our 4th QB, who I love, but he is good for 2 games and 2 games only. That's all you can ask of our backups. Not worried about the teams red zone efficiency right now, at least on offense.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Our redzone everything, offense and defense has been excellent through 3 games. Today, well not quite as good but you can't win them all...but I wish we'd have one this one :evilshake: