PDA

View Full Version : My In-Laws And Three And One

Speeed
10-03-2010, 05:58 PM
For me the loss was not so bad - I am liking 3-1. The problem for me is my in laws . . .

My two sisters in law are absolute Ravens fans. Although they have no concept of the game, which is fine, but. . . .. they taunt, and taunt, and taunt. For example, when Reed missed his second kick, my wife, who is a die hard Steelers fan, received a text from one sister stating "How about that kicker?" And at the end of the game, she sent a text message "At least Palamolu's hair still looks good." What? She usually never texts back, but she replied back something to the effect of what does that have to do with the game? Stupid. My other sister-in-law sent texts in the past as soon as the Ravens scored that "This is going to be a long game for the Steelers." Regardless, the Steelers, won In addition, my brother-in-law sent a text asking if the Steelers were "wearing pink panties too." At least I know he is just having fun, he knows the game and played in HS. My wife's sisters just run their mouths and send stupid text messages. They always make excuses when the Ravens lose.

Me and wife never talk smack. I just don't get it. But, as usual, we got some stupid pointless messages. I guess it is just the way of the Raven's fans (which, living in Baltimore, I can give many first person accounts of the rudeness of Ravens fans, and Ravens bars/establishments). I will let the Black and Gold do all the talking I need to do.

As for the game, it was an awesome game. When the Steelers and Ravens get together, stats do not matter. It is drama to the extreme, penalties, big plays, big hits, and every inch of turf counts. I am still proud to be a Steelers fan even though they lost to the Ravens. So, I am looking forward to two weeks of tracking Ben's return.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2010, 07:32 PM
My sincere empathies to you living there in Ratbird land. It must sickening being around all that purple all the time. When I do occasionally visit MD for one reason or another I wear my Steelers gear loud and proud. They hate it, I love it! :towelwave:

nuclearchihuahuas
10-03-2010, 07:36 PM
If its not good natured ribbing call them on it! I feel for you--you can always give raven crap as holiday gifts--since they give you so much crap of course!

Speeed
10-03-2010, 07:48 PM
More about Ravens fans - just tonight . . .

I was in the backyard after the game enjoying nice fire when I hear my neighbor yelling about the Steelers. He is a die-hard Ravens fan. Something about the Steelers suck, or something like that. He did this while my 4 year old and 7 year old daughter, and an 8 year old neighbor boy were in the front yard playing. Both my daughters were wearing #7 jerseys (their freewill, we don't force them). Mind you he was not yelling at them, but yelling to extol the Ravens win because he knew they were out playing. The entire court heard him.

I thought that guy was a meathead before this incident. No doubt now.

**I just don't get it.**

scott0326
10-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Ravens fans are straight up *******s, I live and Maryland and have to deal with it all day every day whenever they win. I've heard nonstop BS all day and really they are this happy for BARELY beating a team who had a 4th string QB starting and think its worth bragging about? I'm so glad Ben is back against the Browns.

coach
10-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I signed off at the end of the game because I got some bile spit up in my throat. But, after taking some time to reflect (and clear my throat) we are 3-1 and we palyed them tough two games recently with our back up QBS.
I think a lot of us were predicting 2-2 or 3-1 without Ben. Given our sched so far, those three wins were big and cinci looks like they are pulling the same vanishing act after having a good year. Still looks good for us.
I will look forward to the next game in MD wit Ben at QB.

steelersbabex25
10-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Ravens fans are straight up *******s, I live and Maryland and have to deal with it all day every day whenever they win. I've heard nonstop BS all day and really they are this happy for BARELY beating a team who had a 4th string QB starting and think its worth bragging about? I'm so glad Ben is back against the Browns.

:yesnod: Baltimore AND Washington fans. Ny news feed on facebook was clogged with people saying how great the Redskins are :evilshake:

Root4Stlrs
10-04-2010, 01:19 AM
They are without a doubt the rudest people I have ever seen. I will never go back to a game in Baltimore. It's not worth dealing with all the crap. I've even been verbally attacked when stopping someplace in MD on the way to Pittsburgh. They act like extras from Deliverance.

DanRooney
10-04-2010, 01:25 AM
:yesnod: Baltimore AND Washington fans. Ny news feed on facebook was clogged with people saying how great the Redskins are :evilshake:

Haha it's true. Redskins fans are the most delusional fanbase on Earth. They're team that has been pretty irrelevant in the past 18 years, while spending the most money.

Speeed
10-04-2010, 09:38 PM
They are without a doubt the rudest people I have ever seen. I will never go back to a game in Baltimore. It's not worth dealing with all the crap. I've even been verbally attacked when stopping someplace in MD on the way to Pittsburgh. They act like extras from Deliverance.

That is one of the single most funniest quips I can recall. I salute your obscure movie reference, your humor, your comprehension of Baltimore fans, and the context in which you combined them into a reply to this forum.

What punctuates the poignancy of your response is that it is absolutely true. I look forward to more of your responses.

75Steeler
10-04-2010, 09:50 PM
More about Ravens fans - just tonight . . .

I was in the backyard after the game enjoying nice fire when I hear my neighbor yelling about the Steelers. He is a die-hard Ravens fan. Something about the Steelers suck, or something like that. He did this while my 4 year old and 7 year old daughter, and an 8 year old neighbor boy were in the front yard playing. Both my daughters were wearing #7 jerseys (their freewill, we don't force them). Mind you he was not yelling at them, but yelling to extol the Ravens win because he knew they were out playing. The entire court heard him.

I thought that guy was a meathead before this incident. No doubt now.

**I just don't get it.**

Ask the no class asshat how many Lombardi's he can see if he were to visit the Ravens facilities? That should shut him up. :cope:

chisteeler
10-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Tell all those buzzards that they are just still pissed and upset that the Colts left town in the middle of the night in the 80's, because no one (fans) were supporting the team enough to stay in Baltimore. So what did they eventually do? They gave a King's ransom to Model to bring the Browns to town to win a Championship. Tell them that at least Pittsburgh fans, the ones living in PA. and the millions world wide support the Steelers through thick and thin and don't jump ship when things get too tough! It's what Steelers fans call character. Looking in the face of adversity and saying buckle up bitch, we're Steelers and we don't rebuild, we reload!
As far as your stupid neighbor is concerned, just be cool and be the better father. Revenge is a dish best served cold. You're time will come.

Root4Stlrs
10-04-2010, 11:59 PM
That is one of the single most funniest quips I can recall. I salute your obscure movie reference, your humor, your comprehension of Baltimore fans, and the context in which you combined them into a reply to this forum.

What punctuates the poignancy of your response is that it is absolutely true. I look forward to more of your responses.

I just feel sorry for you having to deal with this all the time. My sympathies to you. I am feeling better tonight. Last night I was totally worn out after drive back from the game in the rain.

Farrior Fan
10-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Luckily I only know 1 Ravens fan and he is a pretty good guy. Redskins fans are everywhere around here though and it has been a great source of comedy for me to hear them call up the local sports radio guy and claim this is our year (pick any year). I have noticed though that over the past 2 years they have given up and now just hope to make the playoffs. I will admit that I give Skins fans a hard time when weeks 10-17 come around and the only thing they can cheer for is to "beat Dallas".

For the OP - maybe they are looking for some fun banter, my suggestion would be to start emailing them youtube vids of Troy running back the INT in the AFC championship game, and if they get mean then send a vid of Ryan Clark blowing up McGahee.