PDA

View Full Version : Steelers blow a chance to go up 2 games on both Baltimore and Cincy...

Troyisabeast_43
10-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Say what you want fellas about it being early in the season but this was a big loss for the Steelers and a huge huge win for the Ravens. The Steelers had they won this game would have been 4-0 and had the first tiebraker over the Ravens and dropped the Ravens to 2-2 and essentially 3 games behind the Steelers. Instead, it's a huge 2 game swing with the Ravens winning this game and now owning the tiebraker being in first place with the same record at 3-1. Plus, with Cincy losing today to the Browns it put them at 2-2 and the Steelers would have been up comfortably in this division at 4-0 and both the Ravens and the Bengals. This was a big win for the Ravens guys and it gives them back control of this division for the time being. And I know I said if the Steelers won they would have buried the Ravens chances of winning the division but right now looking at things it's a big big difference being up 2 games on the Ravens with the tiebraker in hand and the Ravens being 3-1 with the Steelers and owning the tiebraker and having the division lead. No doubt there is a lot of football left and I'm sure the Steelers will bounce back but this is why not having a guy like Ben in there in a close game like this today can make the difference between going for it there at the end of the game instead of trying to kill the clock and be too damn conservative. The Steelers chose that route with Batch in charge and it backfired on them big time. Now it looks like this division will be tight all the way to the end and the Ravens will have that tiebraker edge on the Steelers until they meet again in Baltimore in December should they remained tied. Big win for the Ravens though and it really gives them new life in this division. Time to bounce back now in 2 weeks with Ben back versus the Browns...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2010, 04:47 PM
I would have been happy if you told me we'd be 3-1 when Ben comes back, but the fact that we had it in our grasp to go 4-0 and to give it up is just sickening. You're damn right it's a big loss, and it should never have happened. We got help today from the Browns beating the Bengals and we could have been comfortable atop the AFC North.

Early in the season or not, it doesn't sit well at all. Losing a division game is NEVER good no matter what your record is.

steelersbabex25
10-03-2010, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't say that a 2 game lead is at all "comfortable." And how can the Ravens own the tiebreaker if all the division games haven't been played yet :scratch:

JensK
10-03-2010, 04:55 PM
After a great deal of shouting and throwing around with various objects, I'm still upset, but honestly, we got beaten by the a better team today. Both played lights out defense, but they were better offensively than Steelers. Even with Big Ben in the game, they have way more weapons offensively than we do, which worries me. Lucky for us, Flacco is Flacco.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Say what you want fellas about it being early in the season but this was a big loss for the Steelers and a huge huge win for the Ravens. The Steelers had they won this game would have been 4-0 and had the first tiebraker over the Ravens and dropped the Ravens to 2-2 and essentially 3 games behind the Steelers. Instead, it's a huge 2 game swing with the Ravens winning this game and now owning the tiebraker being in first place with the same record at 3-1. Plus, with Cincy losing today to the Browns it put them at 2-2 and the Steelers would have been up comfortably in this division at 4-0 and both the Ravens and the Bengals. This was a big win for the Ravens guys and it gives them back control of this division for the time being. And I know I said if the Steelers won they would have buried the Ravens chances of winning the division but right now looking at things it's a big big difference being up 2 games on the Ravens with the tiebraker in hand and the Ravens being 3-1 with the Steelers and owning the tiebraker and having the division lead. No doubt there is a lot of football left and I'm sure the Steelers will bounce back but this is why not having a guy like Ben in there in a close game like this today can make the difference between going for it there at the end of the game instead of trying to kill the clock and be too damn conservative. The Steelers chose that route with Batch in charge and it backfired on them big time. Now it looks like this division will be tight all the way to the end and the Ravens will have that tiebraker edge on the Steelers until they meet again in Baltimore in December should they remained tied. Big win for the Ravens though and it really gives them new life in this division. Time to bounce back now in 2 weeks with Ben back versus the Browns...

well said Troy, I'm tired of us beating ourselves year in and out when we play the Rats,Clowns,and Bungels, the blessing is when Ben gets back we should be ok and regain the divison lead, as long as we are healthy we will win the division...

Moondog
10-03-2010, 05:03 PM
I was missing the beauty of the forest because of the ugliness of some of the trees. To be honest, I figured the Steelers would be 2-2 without Ben and I had this one circled for a loss. 3-1 and tied for the division league, I have to take it. I know it does hurt, because it's the Ravens, but not having Ben had to come up and bite us at least once. I predict if we had Ben in that game, the Steelers win by ten. The Steelers need to regroup and get ready for Cleveland. :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2010, 05:45 PM
After we get past the bye and start preparing for the Browns, we'll look back and realize we are still a good team, tied for 1st place in the division. However, the fact is that we beat ourselves with penalties and stupid plays. Losing the game in the last minute is unacceptable, period.

coldrolled
10-03-2010, 05:47 PM
After we get past the bye and start preparing for the Browns, we'll look back and realize we are still a good team, tied for 1st place in the division. However, the fact is that we beat ourselves with penalties and stupid plays. Losing the game in the last minute is unacceptable, period.

we only needed a first down and it was over........

HUNT4SEVEN
10-03-2010, 06:01 PM

Right that's what pissed me off:cursin:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2010, 06:10 PM

That's what I was saying in my tweets during the game..just 1 first down, that's all we needed. You just had that feeling though that it was in question being pinned back, especially after that first false start.

Troyisabeast_43
10-03-2010, 07:14 PM
That's what I was saying in my tweets during the game..just 1 first down, that's all we needed. You just had that feeling though that it was in question being pinned back, especially after that first false start.

I did too I just had a bad feeling when Baltimore got the ball back there at midfield whether they had no timeouts or not. I wish they would have played for the first down and the win the playcalling the whole day was not very good. That's the difference with having a guy like Ben and Batch in there. With Ben maybe we try and throw there on 2nd or 3rd down and we get it. At the end of the day like you said BRC it's a tough one to swallow and it could come back to haunt the Steelers later on when tiebrakers come into play. The good news there are 12 games left and still a lot of time to win a lot of games and still put ourselves in good shape to win this division. Gotta tip your hat to the Ratbirds they stole one today. Hopefully when we go down there the first week of December the Steelers can return the favor. You know this loss wont sit well with this team and defense and they will want payback on the Ravens in the worst way. We will see the Ravens in a few months and that game in my mind opinion will decide this division.

Dean Denton
10-04-2010, 03:26 AM
Stop it all of you....The Ravens got lucky today, and thats it. They took advantage of us using our third string QB. The Steelers lost because of a couple missed FG's. **** happens. But in no way are the Bengals, Browns or Ravens better then the Steelers...no way. The Bengals stink right now. Palmer is losing it. They have struggled all season just to be 2-2. The Browns are going to get crushed in two weeks, and the Ravens will get slammed when they meet the Steelers again. You all know Ben would have put up TD's today, and Reed would have only been on the field for KO and extra points...

steelersbabex25
10-04-2010, 06:11 AM
Stop it all of you....The Ravens got lucky today, and thats it. They took advantage of us using our third string QB. The Steelers lost because of a couple missed FG's. **** happens. But in no way are the Bengals, Browns or Ravens better then the Steelers...no way. The Bengals stink right now. Palmer is losing it. They have struggled all season just to be 2-2. The Browns are going to get crushed in two weeks, and the Ravens will get slammed when they meet the Steelers again. You all know Ben would have put up TD's today, and Reed would have only been on the field for KO and extra points...

THANK YOU :yellowthumb:

coldrolled
10-04-2010, 08:39 AM
next week you are all bronco, tampa and atlanta fans...

if the broncos win we are +1 week 5... plus @NE vs Ravens week 6.. we could go +2 week 6..

we are in great shape.... seriously only KC is undefeated.. we are 3-1 ... the colts are 0-2 in their division with manning at QB.

jnes1216
10-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Everyone makes some good points about being 3-1. But I'm still pissed. That game was given away. I'd feel the same way regardless of our record or who was at qb. Missed field goals and penalties show me a lack of focus. Where's the leadership on the field? I didn't see much from Ward or Farrior Sunday. Some of the veterans we signed in the offseason were supposed to provide depth and leadership also. McFadden biting on multiple moves when he doesn't have safety help is not being aware of the game situation.
Hard to pin this loss on one thing, but the team looked complacent. Someone needed to light a fire under their a$$ imo.

Blazedby92
10-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Calm down, Whole lot of football left
I look at the positive side of it because we shouldn't be 3-1 IMO.
And from what I seen we still are the better team in the north.
Ravens look good on paper with big names but the guy that has to deliver the ball to them is a joke(Flacid Flacco)

steelersgal86
10-04-2010, 11:45 AM

:yellowthumb: :clap: great way to sum it up!!!!

Troyisabeast_43
10-04-2010, 11:46 AM
next week you are all bronco, tampa and atlanta fans...

if the broncos win we are +1 week 5... plus @NE vs Ravens week 6.. we could go +2 week 6..

we are in great shape.... seriously only KC is undefeated.. we are 3-1 ... the colts are 0-2 in their division with manning at QB.

Im not counting on the Broncos beating the Ravens in Baltimore next Sunday. The Broncos are playing decent and did win in Tennessee yesterday but I dont think they will be able to win down in Baltimore. I do think the Patriots will beat the Ravens in New England in 2 weeks and as long as the Steelers beat the Browns they will be back in first place at 4-1 to the Ravens 4-2.