PDA

View Full Version : Tough loss but the season outlook is great

mwittman5
10-03-2010, 05:27 PM
If somebody asked every steeler fan if they would take being tied in 1st and being 3-1 without ben I'm pretty sure every fan would have said deal. 3-1 with ben returning, now a 12-4 or 11-5 season looks very good and those records get you a playoff spot.

JensK
10-03-2010, 05:29 PM
If somebody asked every steeler fan if they would take being tied in 1st and being 3-1 without ben I'm pretty sure every fan would have said deal. 3-1 with ben returning, now a 12-4 or 11-5 season looks very good and those records get you a playoff spot.

That totally depends on how Ben performs when he returns. I have to say that I am worries about our WR's. Wallace looks to be the only legit WR we have right now, and he is only really good at running freaking fast (which he does better than most!). So far i really think we have missed Holmes a lot offensively.

harpo
10-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Yes, i'll definitely take 3-1 going into the BYE.

However, I give credit to the Ravens. They won the game, regardless of whether some feel it was given away by the Steelers or earned by the Ravens. My hat is off to them. Hopefully we can even the score in Baltimore. :tt02:

mwittman5
That totally depends on how Ben performs when he returns. I have to say that I am worries about our WR's. Wallace looks to be the only legit WR we have right now, and he is only really good at running freaking fast (which he does better than most!). So far i really think we have missed Holmes a lot offensively.

I think were fine at WR. Ward still has it and wallace is awesome. Randle el had some big catches today. The running game is going strong. Ben will come back better than ever

steelersbabex25
Right after the game ended, all I said was that we weren't supposed to win more than 1 game without Ben. I would say we're sitting pretty at 3-1. We weren't supposed to beat Baltimore anyway. I mean, of course it would be nice, but it's not a big deal. We'll see them again.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-03-2010, 05:34 PM
The outlook is definitely better but I would rather we lost to Atlanta than a division opponent. Now Ben comes back with a division loss---yes the team can overcome it, I just wish they didn't have too...I'll feel better when we crush the clowns and bungals!

steelersbabex25
10-03-2010, 05:37 PM
The outlook is definitely better but I would rather we lost to Atlanta than a division opponent. Now Ben comes back with a division loss---yes the team can overcome it, I just wish they didn't have too...I'll feel better when we crush the clowns and bungals!

:duh: you would rather beat a division rival, but you can't just pick and chose who you beat.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-03-2010, 05:38 PM
:duh: you would rather beat a division rival, but you can't just pick and chose who you beat.

True, I would rather crush everyone LOL :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Outlook great or not, it's a bunch of crap after letting this game get away. We should be 4-0, but thanks to an uncharacteristic undisciplined performance we got beat.

LarryNJ
10-03-2010, 05:41 PM
I was figuring we'd be 2-2 so I'll take 3-1. The Bungals lose to the Browns...so there was something good today!

nuclearchihuahuas
10-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Outlook great or not, it's a bunch of crap after letting this game get away. We should be 4-0, but thanks to an uncharacteristic undisciplined performance we got beat.

I wish I knew what they were thinking. How could they be so undisciplined? Is it Tomlin's new padless practices on Weds? Is this like the effect of camp cupcake? I just cannot comprehend how they could have been so less than stellar in this game of all games. :evilshake:

Root4Stlrs
10-04-2010, 02:30 AM
There were some stellar plays in the game, I thought. The two plays by William Gay when they stopped the Ravens on 3rd and 4th down at the two yard line were super. That's why it was so disheartening to then let the Ravens go 40 yards in less than a minute to win the game. It was just a roller coaster ride all game long.

Dean Denton
10-04-2010, 04:19 AM
This team has three more wins then I thought they would have. After what I watched all season last year, there is no way you could have sold me on this team playing this well without Ben. Lights out D, a hard running Mendy, Wallace lighting up the fantasy games, and Randel El looking as good as he did a few years ago. Better actually, he seems to run routes better now. The bar has been set high for Ben, and I can say this team has made me proud. They have come together when they had to, and in a way have told Ben that he better get in here and play good football or else.... I like that attitude, and this could be the team to beat. Not sure about those Chiefs though...are they real????