PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back 2009 defense!

LatrobePA
10-03-2010, 05:09 PM
What was that crap today??

Coaching went from A+ to F

JensK
10-03-2010, 05:11 PM
That is a little premature to say that already. It had nothing to do with those last two minutes, but our overall failure of getting off the field. Sure, we had a few 3 and outs, but Flacco had like 250y passing before that last drive. We just did not play as great defense as we've done the last 3 games. The real problem was our offense though. They were horrible most of the game, and did not give our defense a whole lot of time to rest. DAMN im happy Ben is back..

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Dude, the defense was fine today for the most part. They had their moments where they F'd up but overall they handed the Steelers the game with 2 minutes to go and the offense failed and the special teams failed.

Yes they blew it on the last drive but don't pin this game on them or Lebeau.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-03-2010, 05:13 PM
I am certain they were totally exhausted after carrying the first three games...they just didn't have another one in the tank...it's unfortunate they hit empty against a division rival...this is so bad I am happy or at least not unhappy the clowns won against the bungals THIS SUCKS

DanRooney
10-03-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm not giving the defense any passes today. Flacco drove the ball down the field quite a few times. That TD to answer after our first offensive score was inexcusable.

Woodley had a terrible game in one he should have had 2-3 sacks playing against a soft RT.

LatrobePA
10-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm not giving the defense any passes today. Flacco drove the ball down the field quite a few times. That TD to answer after our first offensive score was inexcusable.

Woodley had a terrible game in one he should have had 2-3 sacks playing against a soft RT.

Thank you. The offense with a freaking 4th string QB gave you the lead w/ 1:30 left. Make the plays.

Flacco wasn't touched nearly enough...

Steel Trap86
10-03-2010, 05:18 PM
this defense is the reason why we're 3-1 and not 0-4

show some respect

harpo
10-03-2010, 05:20 PM

Exactly. The defense looked really bad on that first Ravens TD drive. James Farrior was faked out of his shoes on that Mcgahee TD run. Flacco had over 160 yards passing in the first half.

Dick LeBeau did not call an agressive game. He really disappointed me today.

steelersbabex25
10-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Prevent defense prevents you from winning the game :evilshake:

nuclearchihuahuas
10-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Again, I think the D is exhausted form playing out of their minds the first three games. The bye week comes at a great time for them to regenerate and kill cleveland

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2010, 05:22 PM
This defense did it's job for 3 weeks so far, they needed help today from the offense and got virtually none. They handed them the game with 2 minutes to go and the offense went into epic failure mode.

Nobody gets a pass, the whole team failed, but calling them the 2009 defense already after 1 loss is ridiculous.

harpo
10-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Prevent defense prevents you from winning the game :evilshake:

And they sure were playing prevent on that last Ravens drive except on the TD pass to Houshmanzadeh.

steelersbabex25
10-03-2010, 05:25 PM
What pisses me off was on that last TD McFadden was in perfect position to make a play, and he just let the reciever run right past him. No physical effort at all.

LatrobePA
10-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Face it gang, all the hype is just what it is hype!

We got schooled today and Mr. Flacco was the teacher.

JensK
10-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Face it gang, all the hype is just what it is hype!

We got schooled today and Mr. Flacco was the teacher.

The hype is well deserved. This defense have been nothing short of spectacular up until this game.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Dude, the defense was fine today for the most part. They had their moments where they F'd up but overall they handed the Steelers the game with 2 minutes to go and the offense failed and the special teams failed.

Yes they blew it on the last drive but don't pin this game on them or Lebeau.

well said...

DanRooney
10-03-2010, 05:31 PM
What pisses me off was on that last TD McFadden was in perfect position to make a play, and he just let the reciever run right past him. No physical effort at all.

He was playing the sidelines because the 2 passes prior stopped the clock. It was a really good route by TJ.

steelersbabex25
10-03-2010, 05:35 PM
He was playing the sidelines because the 2 passes prior stopped the clock. It was a really good route by TJ.

He wasn't playing the sidelines though. He saw TJ running towards the middle of the field, moved towards him, and didn't follow him towards the back of the endzone. Watch the play again. He was perfectly lined up but he was 10 yds in front of him.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Nobody schooled anybody today, both teams made a lot of mistakes..we just made a couple too many and it cost us. This was a typical AFC North game, down to the last minute. Either team could have lost this one.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Nobody schooled anybody today, both teams made a lot of mistakes..we just made a couple too many and it cost us. This was a typical AFC North game, down to the last minute. Either team could have lost this one.

I was just thinking that---nobody schooled anybody--it was a crappy game on both sides---they were just less crappy in the last 1:50 of the game

SteelDad
10-03-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm very torn on the defense today. Keep in mind the Ravens started their game-winning drive at our 40. Not an easy task by any means. I thought Woodley was ineffective as was Troy. LeBeau brought very little inside pressure, where was our vaunted 'X-blitz' today? How on earth do we give up two straight passes to the sideline? They had ZERO timeouts! You have to force the WR's inside. B-Mac biting on a double move? Middle of the game yes, but not when you can't let anyone behind you.

We have to generate more of a pass rush with 4 or 5 guys. It just wan't there today and Flacco made the throws. With all this said, we nearly went 4-0 with our 4th string QB so the future does look brighter but I'm telling al of you right now, Cleveland is better than we think.

Real Deal Steel
10-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Penalties killed us today. Take the penalties away, and Flacco is just the bum I know he really is.

--- Added 10/3/2010 at 04:21 PM ---

I'm very torn on the defense today. Keep in mind the Ravens started their game-winning drive at our 40. Not an easy task by any means. I thought Woodley was ineffective as was Troy. LeBeau brought very little inside pressure, where was our vaunted 'X-blitz' today? How on earth do we give up two straight passes to the sideline? They had ZERO timeouts! You have to force the WR's inside. B-Mac biting on a double move? Middle of the game yes, but not when you can't let anyone behind you.

We have to generate more of a pass rush with 4 or 5 guys. It just wan't there today and Flacco made the throws. With all this said, we nearly went 4-0 with our 4th string QB so the future does look brighter but I'm telling al of you right now, Cleveland is better than we think.

We can not take the Browns lightly. Ask the bengals how'd that work out for them today???

The Browns offensive line is very good.

Moondog
10-03-2010, 06:23 PM
^ I believe Cleveland is better than we think too. That being said, I have to place the blame on the offense. The defense gave them great opportunities with turnovers on Baltimore's end of the field and they couldn't muster up a point.

LarryNJ
10-03-2010, 06:48 PM
We can not take the Browns lightly. Ask the bengals how'd that work out for them today???

TO is happy he had 222 yards. :lol:

coldrolled
10-03-2010, 06:51 PM
with ben in today, we win all day long... oh well.. ben cost us that game.

K Train
10-03-2010, 06:59 PM
this is me rolling my eyes at this thread

:rolleyes:

HUNT4SEVEN
10-03-2010, 07:05 PM

:hehheh:

SteelerDan43
10-03-2010, 07:47 PM
The D did it's job, if the offense would have capitalized on those turnovers we wouldn't even be having this discussion. You can only go so far with such a limited offense.

MattyVfromCT
10-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Again, I think the D is exhausted form playing out of their minds the first three games. The bye week comes at a great time for them to regenerate and kill cleveland

true that. you had to know eventually the lack of offense and sustaining drives in the first 3 games would wear our defense out and it caught up. plus we stuffed them on 4th and goal. if we get a first down, game over. but the awful play calling and the 2 false starts killed us as well as the hold during the punt. gave them 10 free yards. it was a team loss as a whole. not one person to blame. they lost as a team

DanRooney
10-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Exhausted my ***. 3 straight run plays plus a two minute warning and 3 separate penalties the clock was stopped for. These guys were not tired at the end of the game.

LeBeau pulled a bizarre move blitzing Troy at the end of the game. I mean we have Harrison, Woodley, Timmons and Ziggy, all who are exceptional at getting to the passer, and you take a gamble blitzing your best coverage player? Doesn't make any sense if you ask me. Big blunder at the worst possible time.

SteelCityKid5
10-03-2010, 10:55 PM
.....After one loss, we get this? Big overreaction here.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-03-2010, 11:47 PM

.....After one loss, we get this? Big overreaction here.

My thoughts exactly !!

STEELER 4 LIFE
10-04-2010, 12:32 AM

My question would be, do our cb's ever press up on the wr's? They give way too much cushion off the line.Those 6-7 yrd passes open all day long...:banging:

SteelJunkie
10-04-2010, 01:10 AM
Our CB's have played like that for years, and will probably play off for years to come. That is just the way the defense is setup to keep everything in front of you.

Root4Stlrs
10-04-2010, 02:06 AM
Flacco and the Ravens were lucky to win this game. I didn't think either team played all that great. We had no sacks today for one thing. In the first half Flacco was doing the three step drop, getting rid of the ball dinking and dunking down the field so they didn't have time to get to him. Michael Oher starts to move before the snap almost every time and never gets called and, of course, Harrison gets held. Then he gets called for defensive holding - ludicrous. He deserved a free pass on that one. I had just watched him get held on one of the plays almost immediately previous. I hate the whiner fans who complain about the calls and that's why their team lost blah blah blah. I don't think that's why we lost but I'm going to whine a little myself now. We just drove 7 hours. It took us an hour and a half to get out of the stadium and out of Pittsburgh so I'm tired and a lot grumpy. Some of those interference calls were asinine. Hochuli's guns must be cutting off the blood flow to his brain. They did pick up that one flag where the stadium went nuts. I did enjoy seeing Flozell lay on Ray Lewis a few times. That was a chuckle.

LatrobePA
10-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Guilty, sorry gang!

Tough loss got the best of me!!!

Whozurdaddy wide the hell open all the way to the endzone killed me, I hate that bastard!

coldrolled
10-04-2010, 10:16 AM
My question would be, do our cb's ever press up on the wr's? They give way too much cushion off the line.Those 6-7 yrd passes open all day long...:banging:

funny, i was thinking the same... we go from 6-7 yards back in the 1st qtr, by the 4th they are 10-12 yards back... we bend but dont break... but then we seem to really start bending in the 4th... then we break to houzamenzudahahaha. we never do change up at all during the game and just hit off the line a few times....

doesnt matter... we needed a first down and we win that game....

actually on the 2 missed field goals we needed a first down twice and we win by more.

we needed ben for this win to go down. charlie is too old.

super cleats
10-04-2010, 02:23 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IMMA SORRY WE DIDNT SHUT OUT THE RAVENS AND WE DIDNT SHUT THEM DOWN TO UNDER 200 YARDS

BUT REALLY WAS IT MY FAULT THAT THE OFFENSE COULD ONLY MOVE THE BALL 2 YARDS AFTER 2 TURNOVERS

SIGNED,

DICK LEBEAU

harpo
10-04-2010, 02:37 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IMMA SORRY WE DIDNT SHUT OUT THE RAVENS AND WE DIDNT SHUT THEM DOWN TO UNDER 200 YARDS

BUT REALLY WAS IT MY FAULT THAT THE OFFENSE COULD ONLY MOVE THE BALL 2 YARDS AFTER 2 TURNOVERS

SIGNED,

DICK LEBEAU

LOL.....:lol:

I thought i would see another "Fire Bruce Arians" thread before this one.