PDA

View Full Version : Blitz Polamula when we need pass defeense WTF.

NorCalSteel
10-03-2010, 05:03 PM
what a cluster frick of a last 2 minutes. Are you kidding me. I saw Troy blitzing on the TD play and new we were finished right away. I was screaming no before he threw the ball. He leads the team in Ints and WE take him out of pass defeenese....great stupid

harpo
10-03-2010, 05:05 PM
This one is on Dick LeBeau....

Steelers_All_Day_43
10-03-2010, 05:08 PM
And it had to be the ****in queer TJ

steelersbabex25
10-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Dick LeBeau is a saint.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-03-2010, 05:33 PM
This one is on Dick LeBeau....

It is no way do u have Troy Blitzing when we need him in the endzone bad bad bad bad bad call:duh:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2010, 05:35 PM
The Ravens intentionally went away from Troy most of the day; He did have 4 tackles and was in on some key plays. Personally I wouldn't have blitzed him either though. We needed more help in the secondary all day.

darnik44
10-03-2010, 05:48 PM
I don't question LeBeau much, but I thought the same thing when I saw Polamalu blitzing.

igor0190
10-03-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't question LeBeau much, but I thought the same thing when I saw Polamalu blitzing.

:plus1:

Your essentially in a prevent defense and you blitz our best ball hawking guy? I mean you take him out of the play... blitz someone else.. anyone else.

A gamble that clearly backfired...

Anyways we are 3-1 and Ben is coming back. :)

DanRooney
10-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Exactly what I said in another post.

When you have Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, Ziggy, and hell even Farrior, Troy should be an afterthought in rushing the passer. At least at that point of the game.

BlacknGoldAC
10-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Troy has been described by LeBeau himself as being the wild card, the player who plays by instinct, which is what his defense requires. He may have gambled and lost. It might be on Troy...and that's ok. He's friggin' awesome!

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-03-2010, 11:29 PM
If Troy makes the play ,ala the one on Kerry Collins, LeBeau is a genius. Bottom line the Ratbirds picked up the blitz and joe flaccid had enough time to make the pass to a STEELER killer from way back. It sucks, but not many people thought we would be 3-1 without Ben, now we get to see how the offense will run with a first string QB !!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-04-2010, 12:40 AM
I have stated many times in the past that I hate when Troy blitzes and constantly moves around......The only ball hawk we have in the secondary is Troy and taking him out of the defensive backfield is a mistake.......I rather have Troy in coverage then using him on a wasted blitz........

JensK
10-04-2010, 02:53 AM
It was a stupid call, especially seeing how Clark had been playing all day. Sure, he had that one good tackle on Heap, but other than that, they kept abusing him in passcoverage.

Dean Denton
10-04-2010, 04:05 AM
I thought it was a bad call when I saw Troy get blocked, but if he gets through its a good play. They gambled and lost. It should have never come to this anyways. Two missed FG's, and three weeks in a row of not cashing in on turnovers. Charlie did great as a back up, but something tells me that if Ben is at QB the Steelers are 4-0 and the Ravens, Titans, and Falcons would have all been beat like the Bucs were. By three scores or better....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Troy is taking responsibility for that final TD that sealed the game. BMac normally gets Safety help so that's why it looked like he got beat for the TD. It was a gamble that didn't pay off, but personally I'll take Troy's plays any day because he makes far more than he misses.