PDA

View Full Version : Stupid penalties and dumb mistakes cost Steelers the game

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Way too many penalties, stupid mistakes in coverage. Lack of offense until late in the game. Reeds 2 missed FG's. Inability to capitalize on turnovers and good field position. First time this year the offense just looked like crap, and at home yet. It all adds up to a loss.

Fox's punt holding penalty and the 2 false starts under 2 minutes are unacceptable. There is no reason to be that undisciplined.

DanRooney
10-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Jeff Reed too.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2010, 05:04 PM
This is the first time this year that we have seen this team so undisciplined on offense. You can't make those mental errors with the game on the line and especially in your own house.

Steelers_All_Day_43
10-03-2010, 05:04 PM
If REED doesn't miss, we win, but u can't put all the blame on him. I'm ready 4 Ben

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-03-2010, 05:05 PM
totally ignorant play calling and ****** performance all round. reed and batch threw the game and if that wasn't bad enough what about all the penalties? however, even though they won it was only by a few. we still can get where we need to go.

Real Deal Steel
10-03-2010, 05:06 PM
We looked the way Green Bay looked on Monday nite. Totally undisiplined.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-03-2010, 05:06 PM
No one was up for this game...not the D not the O and not the coaching staff...good news is BEN IS BACK!:tt02:

JensK
10-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Yet again, Jeff Reed kicks bad... Sure, he is really good at times, but he is starting to cost us games, or at least he is not helping winning them...

Real Deal Steel
10-03-2010, 05:07 PM
totally ignorant play calling and ****** performance all round. reed and batch threw the game and if that wasn't bad enough what about all the penalties? however, even though they won it was only by a few. we still can get where we need to go.

Reed should have made that field goal. Couple this with that one he missed in the first game and I see problems. Maybe he needs a little compitition?

KRAZYRIDE
10-03-2010, 05:10 PM
hey can we draft some CB's that wont choke on the last play of the game? You know maybe ones that wont worry about covering 5 yards infront of the endzone and letting up the TD?

nuclearchihuahuas
10-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Reed should have made that field goal. Couple this with that one he missed in the first game and I see problems. Maybe he needs a little compitition?

Truly, I think he needs a new job and we need a new kicker

harpo
10-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Dick LeBeau did not call a good defensive game. Too passive at times and not agressive enough in some other cases. The defense was not as disciplined as they normally are.

Antwaan Randle-El gets credit in this game. He kept alive too drives that led to 14 pts. He did 'muff' a punt but he more than made up for it with that 3rd & 10 catch.

Troyisabeast_43
10-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Yet again, Jeff Reed kicks bad... Sure, he is really good at times, but he is starting to cost us games, or at least he is not helping winning them...

Plus, his kickoff after the Steelers went up 14-10 was terrible and gave the Ravens great starting field position at their own 32 yard line. I wonder if Reed is going to bitch and moan now about not getting a new deal this off-season because after this loss today he has nothing to say at all...

Steel Trap86
10-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Way too many penalties

And Farrior couldn't hit a beach ball with a ****ing snow shovel, he is missing way too many tackles and one of them was Magahee on that TD. He looked like **** today. We're 3-1 and there's no shame in relying on Big Ben to get this offense moving, just sucks it had to be the Ravens in such a big game.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2010, 05:15 PM
That line drive kickoff by Reed was the dumbest move ever. He gave them the ball a the 20 before they even started the return. Mental errors just kill you every time.

steelersbabex25
10-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Truly, I think he needs a new job and we need a new kicker

Reed should have definitely made atleast that 46 yarder but I'm nowhere close to giving up on him yet. He's usually pretty solid.

Baltimore is the team that needs the new kicker. Did anyone see that stat..10/21 on 30+ yard field goals? :duh:

LarryNJ
10-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Every game against the Ravens is close....you can't make the mental errors...no excuse...we just blew it.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Jeff Reed and the entire game plan sucked today... we were to soft on Defense in the 1st half, we didn't take advantage of the TO's and great field position we had the 2x times we had the TO's, BA game plan stunk up the stadium, and having Troy blitz when he should of been covering the end zone adds up to a horrible day, we honestly beat ourselves today in all 3 phrases of the game...

nuclearchihuahuas
10-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Reed should have definitely made atleast that 46 yarder but I'm nowhere close to giving up on him yet. He's usually pretty solid.

Baltimore is the team that needs the new kicker. Did anyone see that stat..10/21 on 30+ yard field goals? :duh:

Then Baltimore should definitely keep their kicker! :bunny::lol:

BlacknGoldAC
10-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Way too many penalties, stupid mistakes in coverage. Lack of offense until late in the game. Reeds 2 missed FG's. Inability to capitalize on turnovers and good field position. First time this year the offense just looked like crap, and at home yet. It all adds up to a loss.

Fox's punt holding penalty and the 2 false starts under 2 minutes are unacceptable. There is no reason to be that undisciplined.

Thanks for the succinct summary of the game. I was working and missed the whole contest. After a highlight or two and some quick peeks at a game thread, you seem to have captured the crux of the game. Nice.

These games almost always come down to the last minute. We've learned long ago that one mistake or one ill-timed penalty can cost you the game against a quality opponent. I'm surprised to hear about the lack of discipline.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the succinct summary of the game. I was working and missed the whole contest. After a highlight or two and some quick peeks at a game thread, you seem to have captured the crux of the game. Nice.

These games almost always come down to the last minute. We've learned long ago that one mistake or one ill-timed penalty can cost you the game against a quality opponent. I'm surprised to hear about the lack of discipline.

:clap: :plus1: :cursin:

jnes1216
10-04-2010, 11:02 AM

Those three penalties could have very easily cost us the game. One false start is bad, but TWO on the same drive backed up in your own end! Inexcusable.

Webb had a great pass break up on Wallace in the end zone, but wasn't every long pass attempt to Wallace the first play after a turnover? Is BA really going to be that predictable? Sorry dumb question.

steelersbabex25
10-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Those three penalties could have very easily cost us the game. One false start is bad, but TWO on the same drive backed up in your own end! Inexcusable.

Webb had a great pass break up on Wallace in the end zone, but wasn't every long pass attempt to Wallace the first play after a turnover? Is BA really going to be that predictable? Sorry dumb question.

They kinda did cost us the game..