PDA

View Full Version : How do you get ready for games on Sunday?

Farrior Fan
10-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Since I am too far away and too poor to go to Pittsburgh I get to stand in front of the TV and yell and cheer for the boys. Before every game me and my 7 yr old son grab every peice of Steelers stuff in the house and surround the TV. There are terrible towels :tt02: , an autographed mini helmet, bumper stickers, books, figurines, and even a Steelers blanket and trash can. Since I don't have a man cave that I can decorate this will have to do. Plus it is a lot of fun to bond with the little guy while we set up everything. I firmly believe our mojo is at least 50% responsible for the great start.

I'm sure we will start extra early for the HUGE game tomorrow. :helmet:

So - what do ya'll do to get ready?

nuclearchihuahuas
10-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Well, I don't have a "woman cave" but I do have a Steelers room with a big screen LCD. I turn off the land line and the cell phone, poor a drink--usually start with ice water (and end with lite beer after half time). This year is my first with Steeler Addicts so I have started sining on during the game to the site to converse with other Steeler fans during the game at least until the end of the first half. I have three dogs, I pet one in particular if we need good luck.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2010, 01:20 AM
I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you :hehheh:

Really though, game days are such a production that it takes quite awhile to get setup and then keep everything going during the game :towelwave:

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-03-2010, 03:12 AM
I don't get ready for a particular game as I am committed and ready for the season at large beginning with the first game. However, my intensity of involvement increases or decreases depending on the rival. This intensity is always trending toward the increasing side as all of the steelers rivals suck beyond words and there is absolutely no luv for any of them. The only person allowed near me on game day is my son who has endured this passion and understands its roots. I have never wavered from being a steeler fan. When I was in the air force there where many times when I was their only fan surrounded by such losers as fans of the stains, borrows, ne cheats, to name a few. Life is hard when you are a winner. Usually the words,"how many rings your team have" would stop any undo towards. The Ratbirds. R u kidding?

jus sayin.

dear lord, thank you for not making me a detroit lyons fan.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/goodgirl20/smiley-gosteelers.gif :popcorn:

STEELERSWVUGK
10-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Watch Steeler games on Dvd

LatrobePA
10-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Triple "S"

Then put on my duds and head out!!

SnakeEyes43
10-03-2010, 12:21 PM
I sacrifice a Raven and a Bengal weekly to appease the Steeler gods. The weekly Bengals are getting quite expensive, but hey, we are 3-0.

coach
10-03-2010, 01:40 PM
I belong to a football pool at work so I make all my picks on the weekend. I actually try to go to other web sites and news sites (not steeler fan sites) and see what people are saying about the Steelers before I make my pick for the steeler games against the spread. It is so hard to take emotion out of making your pick when it comes to your own team, because you want them to cover the spread and win every game.
This year I would get juiced when the pundits would make the steelers a home dog, even on opening day, for example. Are you kidding me????????????????

I have picked the steelers all year and won all three games so far.

I have em again today to cover the points.

Once I use the logical part of my brain to make my pickes, I let the emotional side kick in and get all pumped for the game.

A nice cold one never hurts either. Then, of course, I come here now during the game.

Farrior Fan
10-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Watch Steeler games on Dvd

I do the same thing. My fav of all time is the 06 Steelers beatdown of Peyton Manning. A few Greg Lloyd youtube videos are also viewed every Sunday before noon.:tt02: