PDA

View Full Version : Jason Whitlock on Ben

jpele
10-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Given his off-field trouble, itís fashionable to bash Big Ben. Iíve participated in the bashing. From what little we know, Roethlisberger is as shady off the field as any player in the league. But there is also a lot more proof that he is one of the best players on it, too.

I can already hear Roethlisbergerís critics arguing the Colts could never win three or four games without Peyton Manning. So? That might have more to do with the way the Colts are coached and constructed than Manning being superior to Roethlisberger.

Thatís right. When their careers are over, I think thereís going to be a debate about which quarterback was better, Roethlisberger or Manning. Peyton is going to have the statistics on his side. Big Ben is going to have three or four Super Bowl rings.

Toughness in the pocket is the most important asset a QB can have. Since Tom Brady injured his knee, no quarterback rivals Benís combination of fearlessness in the face of pressure and the ability to deliver the football accurately under duress.

You can have all the gaudy stats. Iíd rather have a quarterback who isnít rattled by Dwight Freeney, James Harrison, Jared Allen and all the other QB killers.

Link (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-truths-peyton-manning-white-colts-offense-jason-whitlock-nfl-truths-093010)

Finally someone that agrees with me, I've always I'd rather have wins than stats.

Blazedby92
10-01-2010, 08:26 AM
People are finally seeing that bout damn time
Awsome read:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Anybody who ever thought that Ben was not the toughest QB in the league, and the most fearless in or out of the pocket, should have their head examined. It's crystal clear that Ben is at the top of the list in those categories.

igor0190
10-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Manning is the biggest big game choke artist in the history of the NFL imo. Manning and Brady have finely tuned offenses that dink and dunk all the way down the field. The Steelers offense is run by BA and is complete chaos in comparison. When it comes down to the big game Manning gets happy feet and makes big mistakes. His playoff stats prove his overall lack of production too. I respect Brady, but I despise Manning because he is the poster boy of the NFL who cannot do wrong in the media's eyes. He makes a mistake and usually the medias first question is who's mistake was that??
:rant2::rant2:

Ben has the ability to improvise that Manning or Brady DO NOT have. This is what sets him apart imo.

Blazedby92
10-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Manning is the biggest big game choke artist in the history of the NFL imo. Manning and Brady have finely tuned offenses that dink and dunk all the way down the field. The Steelers offense is run by BA and is complete chaos in comparison. When it comes down to the big game Manning gets happy feet and makes big mistakes. His playoff stats prove his overall lack of production too. I respect Brady, but I despise Manning because he is the poster boy of the NFL who cannot do wrong in the media's eyes. He makes a mistake and usually the medias first question is who's mistake was that??

Ben has the ability to improvise that Manning or Brady DO NOT have. This is what sets him apart imo.

:yellowthumb:He is always quick to point the finger.

Layin the wood
10-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Manning is nothing more than a crybaby!! I'll take SB wins over stats any day of the week!!!

SteelDad
10-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Manning and Brady are both great QB's. Regardless of the system, you still have to execute and they do. With that said, I want guys who win and make plays when it matters and that's why I'll take Ben over them, Manning especially, anyday. Let's remember too that TB wasn't the greatest QB of his era statistically either and again, I'll gladly take the guy with the rings.:yellowthumb:

cmerrifield
10-01-2010, 11:33 AM
I am a Braves fan, I would rather have multiple rings than 100's of wins. I got the wins with no championship in the 90's

nuclearchihuahuas
10-01-2010, 03:27 PM

:plus1: Absolutely correct! Manning is a choke artist and I call 'happy feet' too! Once those feet start tapping, there is no rhythm in that offense. When Ben is being chased, he's just getting started!

DanRooney
10-01-2010, 03:57 PM
You can compare them here. We're all aware of what Ben does under pressure. This is what Peyton does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_k5nIpmSzg
:yellowthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Look at last years AFC title game were Peyton crawled into the fetal position a couple times to avoid taking a huge hit......lol There isn't a QB in the NFL that I would want over Ben.......

75Steeler
10-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah I'd take Ben over any of them. Ben has the ability and the fearlessness to extend the play and create more time in or out of the pocket. Thus allowing a reciever to get open and creating opportunities to win ball games.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Manning is nothing more than a crybaby!! I'll take SB wins over stats any day of the week!!!

Ben will also:lol:

Dobre Shunka
10-03-2010, 03:44 AM
Ben is a winner.