PDA

View Full Version : Harbaugh challenges opponents to run the ball

jpele
09-30-2010, 07:44 AM
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- John Harbaugh challenged the notion that the Baltimore Ravens are suddenly vulnerable against the run after giving up 144 rushing yards to bruising Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis.

“I would love for our opponents to think we can’t stop the run,” Harbaugh said on his weekly radio show. “Opponents listening, Ravens can’t stop the run. Just run it at us and we’ll see how it turns out.”

The Ravens rank 23rd in the league in rushing defense, allowing 127.7 yards per contest and 4.8 yards per carry.
This week, they square off with Steelers runner Rashard Mendenhall.

Full story (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Harbaugh-challenges-opponents-to-run-the-ball.html)
We all know the Ravens are going to be up for this game,as much as I'd like to see Mendy run for over 100 yrds I don't think it happens

Layin the wood
09-30-2010, 08:15 AM
The Steelers should not be intimidated to run on the Ratbirds!! This is not the same defense that could line up and knock you in the mouth anymore. I think they try to scare teams into throwing the ball but if Peyton Hillis can run for 144 against them then Mendy should have at least 150!! Baltimore's reign on defense is over!! Send them all to the old folks home!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Until you prove you can stop the run, teams will run on you. It's as simple as that. Last year we had all kinds of problems on defense and teams knew they could run on us so they did. I fully expect Mendenhall and the offensive line to run early and often on Sunday. Traditionally neither team has run exceptionally well vs the other in this rivalry, save for the occasional big game from a RB.

The Steelers know they need to run to keep the pass rush in check and keep the clock moving so they can control the game. I don't expect us to get into a shootout this weekend anymore than I would expect it against Baltimore any other time we play. If Harbaugh wants to challenge us to run, Im sure we'll be happy to oblige.

SnakeEyes43
09-30-2010, 11:43 AM
We are going to have to be able to run the ball this Sunday imo. If the game gets put soley on ol' Chucks shoulders I see him having trouble. Maybe he can prove me wrong, which I would love. But I have a bad feeling about Chuck against a fired up Ratbirds defense. Hopefully Mendy can pound the ball for some good gains.

igor0190
09-30-2010, 12:32 PM
The Rats front 7 isn't as good as years past imo. I hope to see a fair amount of 2 TE sets with David Johnson and Heath in there. Make them bring in their backup LB's. We need to establish the run game or we will lose the field position battle and quite likely the game.

chisteeler
09-30-2010, 01:28 PM
All Harbaugh is doing is providing bulletin board material. The rats will be ready, but so will the Black and Gold. The still have a lot they want to prove to the league and themselves. And who better to stamp the explanation point on, than the rats!

coldrolled
09-30-2010, 01:31 PM
The Steelers should not be intimidated to run on the Ratbirds!! This is not the same defense that could line up and knock you in the mouth anymore. I think they try to scare teams into throwing the ball but if Peyton Hillis can run for 144 against them then Mendy should have at least 150!! Baltimore's reign on defense is over!! Send them all to the old folks home!!

144 yards in baltimore.... not cleveland...

HUNT4SEVEN
09-30-2010, 02:47 PM
I say pass on them untill we get the lead... and then run it down their throats...

steelersbabex25
09-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Harbaugh..we challenge you to stop us.

JensK
09-30-2010, 04:30 PM
We never run well against Ravens... I'll believe it when i see it

HUNT4SEVEN
09-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Harbaugh..we challenge you to stop us.

RIGHT:tt02::tt02:

Steel Trap86
09-30-2010, 05:09 PM
lol we're gonna be running the ball all day so consider the challenge accepted

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-30-2010, 06:35 PM
i think the steelers will confuse them. their defense will be read correctly and countered as necessary. their offense, shaky at best cuz o flako. what do you think "joe flacco says"? imo

Root4Stlrs
09-30-2010, 06:45 PM
i think the steelers will confuse them. their defense will be read correctly and countered as necessary. their offense, shaky at best cuz o flako. what do you think "joe flacco says"? imo

I think Flacco is easily confused. He is demonstrating the Peter Principle in action in terms of QB play. Those passes to Boldin were the result of defensive lapses on the part of the Browns. I do have to give him credit for taking advantage of those, however. The Steelers' running game looks different to me this year -- I'm sure there are a variety of reasons not the least of which is the OL and Mendy's maturity as a RB. So it will be interesting to see what happens on Sunday vs the Ravens. One thing for sure it will be nice not to be sweltering in 90 degree weather with a heat index of 100. Tampa was miserable.

Blazedby92
09-30-2010, 07:45 PM
When these 2 get toghther all those stats go out the door. We will see

K Train
09-30-2010, 07:49 PM
sounds like hes saying "try to run against the 1000 pound 3 man line we have instead of attacking our banged up overrated secondary"

Steel Trap86
09-30-2010, 09:04 PM
sounds like hes saying "try to run against the 1000 pound 3 man line we have instead of attacking our banged up overrated secondary"

lol should be more like "just cause peyton hillis rushed for over 100 and scored twice on us last week, doesn't mean the steelers will"

75Steeler
09-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Run the damn ball down their throats. Then when they choke let Batch air that thing out to Wallace for a big play! :cope:

LatrobePA
10-01-2010, 09:34 AM
What pass happy teams have the Rats played?

Jets, Dirty was handcuffed all night and barely lost.

Cicni, Palmer sucks, simple as that.

Browns, Do they even have wide outs??

I will say this, we will not have a HUGE running day, but I do believe even with Batch we test them down the field, and win that...